Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Ivan

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

Who plays Ivan?: 

You are a down to earth kind of person who stands for no nonsense. Almost any 
problem can be overcome by a bit of common sense and hard work. You hate to 
sit still for any length of time and you are 
unable to see why some people want to do nothing all of the time.

IVAN THE BEAR
First Appearance:
Brutal- Paws of Fury (1994)
Vague Martial Arts Basis: Systema (Soviet Military Fighting Style)
Role: The Powerhouse
PL 7 (90)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+6)
Athletics 4 (+8)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+9)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 3 (+4)
Expertise (Military) 7 (+8)
Insight 3 (+5)
Intimidation 6 (+7)
Perception 4 (+6)

Advantages:
None

Paws of Fury: Accurate Attack (Light Attack), All-Out Attack, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Kata)

Powers:
"Ground Pound" Damage 2 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) Linked to Affliction 6 (Athletics; Hindered & Vulnerable/Immobile & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition, Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Distracting, Limited Degree, Instant Recovery) (7) -- [8]
  • AE: "Big Belly Attack" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Big Belly Attack +7 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Ground Pound +2-6 Area (+2 Damage & +6 Affliction, DC 17 & 16)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications: 
Motivation (Being the Best)

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 0 + 8 / Powers: 8 / Defenses: 8 (90)

-The game's only real "Powerhouse" character, Ivan is a literal Russian Bear trained in Soviet fighting styles. He contrasts the flowing movements of the others with a direct, strength-based approach to kicking ass. His matches on YouTube look pretty one-sided- apparently the best tactic with him is just to dash forward as fast as you can, overwhelming the foe with Big Belly Attacks and close-range punches- I've seen him demolish the more lightweight opponents with two rushes in a row!
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacynSnow

Re: Jab's Builds! (Vibraxas! Crusaders! Freedom Ring! BRUTAL!)

Post by MacynSnow »

I thought it was neat that Ivan wore Overalls,like he was related to the Robot Bears in Dollywood... :D
Nunya B

Re: Pantha

Post by Nunya B »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:13 pm some screwy defenses (he can't quite go "Immobile" since it doesn't work as well in M&M terms- the idea is you block incoming attacks and then counter, something that can't be done right in a one-move-per-action RPG).
I had a similar problem recently, my solution was Reaction Damage, limited to while using Defend action, limited to only retaliating against misses.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:13 pm the idea is you block incoming attacks and then counter, something that can't be done right in a one-move-per-action RPG).
Why not write that up as Deflection with the Reflection extra, or maybe have Deflection with a linked basic unarmed attack?
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Ares wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:38 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:13 pm the idea is you block incoming attacks and then counter, something that can't be done right in a one-move-per-action RPG).
Why not write that up as Deflection with the Reflection extra, or maybe have Deflection with a linked basic unarmed attack?
Reflection uses the other guy's attack instead of yours, which doesn't quite fit. Linking would mean you attacked on your turn before them, a "strike then block" instead of a "block then strike". Linking Deflect to anything also causes PL issues, since Deflect is Defense is +~5.5 to your active defenses.
Jabroniville

Tai Cheetah

Post by Jabroniville »

Who plays Tai Cheetah? 

You are devoted to those who are close to you.Yet,you are cold and unfeeling 
to those who you regard as your enemies. Your abilities are second to none, 
and yet, you lack the self-motivation to excel. Often you are happy with your 
lot and see no need to change. Too often you have seen others "succeed", only 
to change into an unpleasent character. You are modest, but your happiness will 
be grand.

TAI CHEETAH
First Appearance:
Vague Martial Arts Basis: Tai Chi Chuan
Role: Cheetah Man
PL 7 (86)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+11)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 7 (+8)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 2 (+4)
Perception 3 (+6)

Advantages:
Improved Initiative

Paws of Fury: Accurate Attack (Light Attack), All-Out Attack, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Kata)

Powers:
"Dash Attack" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Dash Attack +9 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications: 
Enemy (Prince Leon)- Leon has been insulted by Tai & Kendo Coyote, and fights to retain his honor.
Relationship (Kendo Coyote)- Kendo has quit being Tai's pupil.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 1 + 8 / Powers: 1 / Defenses: 9 (86)

-Tai Cheetah sports Rayden's hat and a quicker fighting style, using his REALLY long limbs to score fast hits from halfway across the screen, as well as a Dash Attack. Apparently he is the mentor of Kendo Coyote.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ken

Post by Ken »

I love the name Tai Cheetah.

I have no familiarity with this game, Brutal, but I love that name.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

What I see for this is take everyone of these guys and instead of being Animal Hybrids you make them all in the Streetfighter RPG or keep the animal part and stick them in TMNT :)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Ken wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:09 am I love the name Tai Cheetah.

I have no familiarity with this game, Brutal, but I love that name.
Ditto.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

catsi563 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:16 am What I see for this is take everyone of these guys and instead of being Animal Hybrids you make them all in the Streetfighter RPG or keep the animal part and stick them in TMNT :)
Why not do both? The Animal Hybridization looks mostly Superficial to me....
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

No, no, it's not like a Deflection thing- it's more like a shield. Used to block attacks then launch your own in response. Not automatic, nor based around ranged attacks.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:22 am
No, no, it's not like a Deflection thing- it's more like a shield. Used to block attacks then launch your own in response. Not automatic, nor based around ranged attacks.
Deflection is a doesn't have to be based around ranged attacks. In fact, you could actually limit it to where you can only Deflect attacks directed against you, and can only be used against melee attacks. And the reflected attack could simply be flavor texted as launching a counter attack. Further, the fact that you need to defend against an opponents incoming attack makes it skill based. You could also Link it to a Reaction Damage effect that could be limited to only go off on a successful Deflection. So the guy decides to Defend, he has to make a dice roll, and if it succeeds, the opponent gets hit with an automatic Damage effect.

Another option would be to have Immunity - Melee Attacks (probably 20 or 30 ranks), Half effect (so really heavy attacks hurt even when blocked), Activation Flaw (You give up either your Move or Standard action to defend in this way), Check Required Flaw (must make a Perception check to intercept the incoming attack), Linked to a Reaction Damage (to being touched).

Jabroniville

Kendo Coyote

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

Who plays Kendo Coyote?: 

You are a winner. No matter what happens you know
eventually you will succeed. You are undaunted by problems and any 
setback merely makes you seek another solution. Your confidence makes you 
reckless. You indulge yourself totally and never cheat yourself of any 
pleasure.

KENDO COYOTE
First Appearance:
Vague Martial Arts Basis: Kendo/Kenpo Karate
Role: Mid-Range Fighter
PL 7 (86)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 7 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+10)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 7 (+8)
Insight 3 (+4)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Perception 4 (+5)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
"Slam Punch/Headbutt" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) [1]
"Cannonball" Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Special Moves +8 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications: 

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 0 + 8 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 9 (86)

-Kendo Coyote is strong and muscular compared to most of the skinny cast members of Brutal, and has moves that are either close-range strikes, or a rip-off of Blanka's "Beast Roll" spinning attack.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

MacynSnow wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:54 am
catsi563 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:16 am What I see for this is take everyone of these guys and instead of being Animal Hybrids you make them all in the Streetfighter RPG or keep the animal part and stick them in TMNT :)
Why not do both? The Animal Hybridization looks mostly Superficial to me....
its fully plausible the Street Fighter players guide does have rules for Animal mutations.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ugh, I HATE Force Fields on characters in fighting games...

Okay, so here's the thing. The Force Field power of Pantha's isn't a "causes damage to people who hit you" effect, it's straight up a "stand there and do nothing, and their attacks won't harm you" effect. Which is basically just Force Field (Flaws: Immobile), which I didn't want to do, as it's kind of useless in the context of M&M for have a "one round only" effect where you can't do anything back.

The ACTUAL EFFECT of the move is to act like a Shield would- giving you extra toughness and make the opponent waste an attack or two, allowing you to counter. That's it. I went with a "Protection, minus some Defenses" because I didn't want it going full Immobile like in the game, because the game uses a by-the-second timing which would make that actually useful.

To me, it doesn't require any other kind of complicated power set-up. It's just a way to stage your own counter-attacks, or to stop an especially aggressive opponent from harming you.