Interest Thread- The Jabverse

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ghost of Krypton

Re: Interest Thread- The Jabverse

Post by Ghost of Krypton »

I've always enjoyed the idea of playing in a four color game, and since I've been lurking, and cribbing your builds for my table top group I'd be thrilled to play in a game you choose to run.

I'd need to give the Setting some review obviously before I settled on a concept, and a way to adequately tie it to what's come before, but if we're just looking for an interest check, you can certainly call me interested!
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Ooooooh. I’m in.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Wow, that's a lot of people in only a day! I'm flattered, everyone :). Now I REALLY have to focus on it! I'll probably make a Recruitment thread tonight or tomorrow.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

I'm interested, just need to figure out a basic character concept to work from.
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

I might be in. Depends on if I can cut this 8/160 down in a way that doesn't feel wrong.
Might just give up and brew a 9/135 though, only getting 15PP for being down a PL just doesn't feel worthwhile unless you're minmaxing really stupidly hard.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

How does the Jabverse handle time-travel?

Not in the game-ruining way of a character who can actively hop through time on a whim; I’m thinking for an origin story of a character who came from the distant future but, due to shenanigans, cannot return to their native time. Sort of a Booster Gold situation.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

And got a basic character concept, Silver Witch, a girl who wears a witch's hat and goggles, but her powers are a form of silver energy which forms a force field around her, allows her to fly, fire cosmic energy blasts, and form energy constructs. She is a Green Lantern-Expy, but can't do anything with a power stunt like they can.
Ken

Post by Ken »

I'm interested.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

My Concept is fairly simple: a PL 9/135 Brick who's the son of The Crusher Rebelling against his Dad by using his Mutant powers for Good instead of Evil.I'm calling him Mustang just cause i like the name. :D
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I am SO interested, it's unbelievable. I've already started plans to start sabotaging everyone else so I can get in. :twisted:

Did I mention how much BGIII talks trash about your builds on other threads?

And I mean, Ken has often intimated to me about how much he thinks that the Wall should be on the northern border, not the south.

And I could have sworn I saw Psitrike saying how he had claims on Cyclone WAY before you...

And Macyn, well, he's a well known Hank Pym sympathizer, I'm just saying...
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:59 pm I am SO interested, it's unbelievable. I've already started plans to start sabotaging everyone else so I can get in. :twisted:

And I mean, Ken has often intimated to me about how much he thinks that the Wall should be on the northern border, not the south.

And I could have sworn I saw Psitrike saying how he had claims on Cyclone WAY before you...

So what you're saying is that they, in order, provide excellent constructive criticism, respect Canada as a country, are friendly yet competitive, and are a sympathetic individual?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:59 pm I am SO interested, it's unbelievable. I've already started plans to start sabotaging everyone else so I can get in. :twisted:

Oh,look!A new practice Dummy for my Combat Gym....*Cracks knuckles menacingly*... :evil:

You know,it'd be Poetic Irony if everyone you mentioned got picked along with you... ;)
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

I am very interested in this. I have a few ideas kicking around in my head.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Bad Thorp, no lying. Besides, I tend to like Asian girls and redheads myself. :oops:
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

MacynSnow wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:12 pm

Oh,look!A new practice Dummy for my Combat Gym....*Cracks knuckles menacingly*... :evil:

You know,it'd be Poetic Irony if everyone you mentioned got picked along with you... ;)
Hey, every party needs "that guy"...
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum