3e OOC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: 3e OOC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by Bladewind »

It`s a robot of some kind. Possibly, but hopefully not, a killbot.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

Ah, so the statue was like an outer skin or possibly sarcophagus hiding/entombing a robot of some kind?
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Technically, you need to get closer to know that, but yes. ;)
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

In the future please remember to list save DCs!

Will (DC unknown): 1D20+11 = [5]+11 = 16
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I didn'tlist them on purpose. :mrgreen:

Sometimes I want to keep you guessing as to success/ failure and by how much.

Things are looking up for a sit down in front of the puter tonite to properly post everywhere.
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

So is Horus mind controlled now?
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Deep apologies.

Not unlike the mighty Thorpacalypse, I work in insurance. Thing is, beginning of July in La Belle Province is actually a moving day. Which means very busy with new policies, change of addresses, updates and all that jazz. Coupled with the last year being a Senior Analyst. So very busy.

I've been sort of active here and there, you've seen me I;m sure. But I've lacked oomph to post here (and in my other game). And I was saying to kirinke via PM, and I'm sure you'll all pretty much agree, one should never post when they feel its a chore.

Consequently, I don't post, Jewel doesn't really get online as she's only here in my two games. So I have a double negative effect in that sense.

(yes, July 1st Quebec = Moving Day is a thing. And it's actually pretty awesome IMO - by Govt decree, leases could not stop or end in winter, and were pushed to May to make things easier on those that had to move. Then, in 1973, that was pushed further back to July 1st so that a) kids could finish their school year without being uprooted, b) people wouldn't lose a day of work to move. Yes, I think it sucks that they chose Canada Day, but overall the whole concept isn't all that bad.)
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

So is Horus mind controlled now? ;)
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

Heya Bladewind...

I just want to let you know, that I personally feel like you are an awesome GM. I think your whole amalgamated universe with it's generations of well-thought out Legacies is really just brilliant and perfectly executed. I think you know the comics so well and it's a pleasure to play in your stories.

You may not recall but I originally made Horus for another MnM amalgam game but just Marvel and DC, though it did have us HQed out of the X-Mansion. When I saw your advert for the old amalgam game (not sure what you call the setting), I knew Horus was the perfect fit. To be honest these days I'm a little bit jaded with the MnM system. It has it's limitations but mainly is that builds can only do so much compared to say, the wealth of options in a DnD 3.5 game.

That said, I'm not done with it just yet and have a few characters I really want to play. Hawkangel is definitely one of my favorites, and he can really only exist in this kind of game.

Which is all just a very long-winded way of saying I appreciate you and the game, immensely. For whatever that means to you. I know it's all the other demands of life that make gaming, and PbP especially, something that is both so easy and so hard to integrate into life. Writing requires creative reserves that can run thin or burn out, or come in fits and starts. I've had to pare down some of my own gaming lately and realized I can really only give my all to so many games. This is definitely one which I'd like to see keep going, so that years from now we will have had one of those rare PbP games for the ages. If you need to step back, or put it aside, for a time or forever, I won't hold it against you. Lord knows it's the rule not the exception in the format.

But...if you have it in you, I'm with you all the way man.

Just felt like being GM can be a thankless task and I want to at the very least, say thank you.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Thank you for that. it`s really appreciated.

I actually think I have the proper time to devote to a game again, (Games in fact.) And really hope to keep this one going.
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

Well don't overload yourself! One amazing game is better than a bunch of overwhelming ones...

...that said if you wanted to add one I have some character/game ideas I've been trying to find a GM for for like...forever.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Never at a shortage for ideas ! That's never been my issue, almost sadly.
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

Oh I know you have plenty. If you ever wanted to run one of mine though, that would be awesome. Hard to find good GMs these days willing to take on bespoke concepts/characters.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I didn't even notice the request for a dodge check since it was kind of tacked on to a post that didn't have anything for Maverick and Intrepid.. not really sure what is even being reacted to. Last I saw we spotted a terminal of some sort....

I'm honestly kind of lost again about what is actually going on, but here's a dodge roll.

Dodge vs unknown: 1D20+13 = [14]+13 = 27
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

ah crap.

I hate when I lose my players. Happens too often, especially with my schedule being what it was recently. i will try to fix.

Essentially, a beam of light swept over the area causing three of your number to settle in the open in relaxed stances. Intrepid and Maverick were at the edges and managed to avoid it. At this point, Intrepid (who also completely missed my request for a dodge, so yeah, totally my fault on that one) and Maverick were far enough away that they had a chance of getting out of the way - which they both did.

Intrepid notices (and Maverick will too, easily enough) that there is the sound of rocks moving against each other from the courtyard. As in, the statue is starting to stand.