Gal Gadot Being Wonderful

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Batgirl III

Gal Gadot Being Wonderful

Post by Batgirl III »

Gal Gadot took a break from filming Wonder Woman 1984 to stop by the Inova Children’s Hospital in northern Virginia to meet with sick kids. Because she's just that awesome.

D'awww.
Last edited by Batgirl III on Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Gal Gador Being Wonderful

Post by Ares »

D'awwwwwwwwww. I love it when actors do stuff like that. Chris Evans, Chris Pratt, RDJ, Tom Holland and Ryan Reynolds have all done stuff like that, which just makes me appreciate them more.

There was a really good bit during the filming of the first Avengers film, where a little kid was on the sidelines when Chris Evans as Cap showed up. Chris saw the kid had a plastic Capt. America shield, so he stopped by, talked to him for a while, exchanged shield use tips, and other stuff of Chris just being a great guy.

Then, after Chris left, Tom Hiddleston as Loki walked by. The kid also had a Marvel shirt with several characters, including Loki, on it, and called out to him. Tom went over, and the mom asked, "Can we take a picture of you two?" And Tom said, "Can I put him on my shoulders?" So Loki, God of Mischief, ran around in full costume with this little kid on his shoulders, the kid laughing the whole while as his mom took pictures.

It was a good day for that kid, and a great day for humanity in general.

And then Chris one-upped everyone by helping the clean up crew actually clean up after an action scene, so you see Capt. America in full costume, with a broom, helping sweep up alongside other guys.

They really got some good people involved with these movies.

Um, sorry, we're suppose to be talking about Gal Gadot and I went on a MCU rant. :oops:
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I think Wonder Woman would approve of us heaping praise on anyone who does such awesome stuff.
Shock

Post by Shock »

It's not a rant when you're happy. :lol:
Ken

Post by Ken »

It is too, dammit!
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

You'd be honestly suprised at how nice Actors/Actresses can be.Vincent Price used to visit Retirement Homes in an around California for year,Audrey Hepburn Volunteered as a Nurse for Children's Hospitals when she wasn't doing Movies,etc....
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Audrey Hepburn was a UN Goodwill Ambassador for darn near forever and quite likely the only thing to come out of the United Nations that my cynical misanthropic heart will ever acknowledge as a good thing that body ever did. She was almost as nice as Mr. Rogers.
Spectrum

Re: Gal Gadot Being Wonderful

Post by Spectrum »

I keep coming back to this story when I'm feeling down. Kevin Conroy was working the food lines after 9/11. Eventually, they get around to talking what they do in the real world. One guy does, another that.. Kevin rather sheepishly says that he does some voice work. Takes them a moment, but he's recognized and is called out for it. Eventually, they poke at him enough to get him to do The Voice.

HOLY SH&T! HE IS BATMAN!
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Robert Downey, Jr., in character as Tony Stark, gifted a little boy a new prosthesis. Get your tissues ready.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

And a classic here as well with Johnny Depp going full Jack Sparrow
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

And, of course, how could I forget... The thrilling saga of Batkid!

It is one of the largest and most elaborate Make-A-Wish projects ever, as pretty much everyone in the city of San Francisco came out to help this kid live his dream of being the Batman's sidekick for a day. The documentary is available on Netflix and it's pretty awesome.
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

Batgirl III wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:20 am Audrey Hepburn was a UN Goodwill Ambassador for darn near forever and quite likely the only thing to come out of the United Nations that my cynical misanthropic heart will ever acknowledge as a good thing that body ever did. She was almost as nice as Mr. Rogers.
And of course let’s not forget Shirley Temple and her (IMO far more impressive) career as a diplomat.
Beleriphon

Post by Beleriphon »

I'm reminded of Steve Buscemi returning to his original engine company in the aftermath of 9/11 and pulling 12 hours shifts along with the rest of the crew.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Beleriphon wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:14 am I'm reminded of Steve Buscemi returning to his original engine company in the aftermath of 9/11 and pulling 12 hours shifts along with the rest of the crew.
And absolutely refusing to even confirm to the press that he had done so for months afterward.
Beleriphon

Post by Beleriphon »

Batgirl III wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:34 am
Beleriphon wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:14 am I'm reminded of Steve Buscemi returning to his original engine company in the aftermath of 9/11 and pulling 12 hours shifts along with the rest of the crew.
And absolutely refusing to even confirm to the press that he had done so for months afterward.
Best part, nobody would have even known if a sharp eyed fan hadn't noticed him in a photo with his visor up while perched on top of a fire engire.