The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Neo-Paladin

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lindsey

A decisive strike would be the best course of action. With an elegant sidestep and a flourish, Lindsey slashed across the cyborg's chest.
Yeah...we need to have this decisive, so I will not let the 11 stand:
_: 1D20+7 = [4]+7 = 11

Spending an HP
Reroll: 1D20+7 = [12]+7 = 19
that's a 19. If that hits, DC 20 to resist
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rand comes soaring into the suite via the open balcony door. He drops Amy into the obligatory plush chair that fancy suites tend to have.

"Oy, You! On Mandalore babes are BORN in better armor than that." he manages to say before the two armored figures Slam into one another.
Slam is, I think, the only viable attack option Rand has this turn. Sektor will take a Damage rank 8 [DC23 Toughness] effect (6 is Rand's base +1 from Slam, +1 from full movement). Rand will suffer a Damage 4 effect.
slam: 1D20+6 = [16]+6 = 22
to hit if needed.
Toughness: 1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17
so Rand is at -1 toughness
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

After Rand drops Amy off and tackles Sektor, the girl reaches out with her own power and a blue glow envelopes the two goons and possibly Sektor as well. If she is successful in grabbing them, she then casually brings the lot of them to the balcony and holds them over the edge while giving them the occasional bone rattling shake to indicate how irritated she is. Also, if she is successful, she will say this:

"Now. I'm rather out of sorts right now. First something interrupted my lessons today and attacked me or induced a rather bad reaction in my mind scape, I'm not sure which. Now you lot show up and attack my friends and generally act like confused Zubats who have been lost in a Roggenrola's ear for too long." she cocked her head. "I can only assume the two incidents are related." she said dryly and gave them another one of her bone rattling shakes.

"So, I suggest you give me a very compelling reason not to introduce you repeatedly to the ground until you don't annoy me anymore." she said in a calm and pleasant way that left absolutely no doubt in any one's minds she was prepared to do exactly what she said. Then sleep easy afterward. "Well?" she said turning them upside down and rotating them around each other like she did her marbles earlier.

Never let it be said that Amy wasn't a quick study when it came to certain aspects of one's education.

ooc
Telekinesis: Move Object 6 (3200 lbs.; Shapeable Area, precise) or
Enough is Enough: Shapeable Area Damage 6 (DC 21; Shapeable Area: 30 cft., DC 16, Increased Range: ranged, Precise) I'm not sure which applies to this situation.

http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=209318 persuasion 24 for the lulz
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

(I'll add descriptor text tomorrow, please refrain from replying till then - looking at you kirinke! ;))

Toughness: 1d20+6 17 vs Lindsey's attack - Bruised (-1 Toughness)
Toughness: 1d20+6-1 15 vs Rand's slam - 2 degrees of failure
Have to check if they get some kind of save against being forcibly moved.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

ooc
Just remember, it's an area attack. The rules are a bit different for those. ;)

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Bladewind wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:58 am Toughness: 1d20+6 17 vs Lindsey's attack - Bruised (-1 Toughness)
Toughness: 1d20+6-1 15 vs Rand's slam - 2 degrees of failure
Have to check if they get some kind of save against being forcibly moved.

Sorry for delay.
:oops:

The red armor sparks from Lindsey's blow, and it takes a step back as sparks fly. It raises an arm and a familiar - to those who watched eighties cartoons as opposed to played 80s and 90s video games - sound as it begins shifting its arm into a weapon. Lindey's momentum carries him forward and out of Rand's trajectory as the Mandalorian collides, further injuring the Kombatant. Servos whir and hum and he tries to recover.

The mooks scatter as Rand gets up, looking barely worse the wear for having literally rocketed in and collided with their leader.

The two goons are easily lifted into the air and spun to face Amy. Sektor is simply moving - or being moved - too much for her to grab him. They attempt to grab walls, doors, furniture and pull themselves out of their predicament to no avail.

Bringing us back to Shannon.

Sektor is at -2 and is Dazed.
The goons are at Amy's mercy. (essentially, they're grappled)
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

Shannon

"I was going to try to talk first." Shannon said, and fired a burst of pulser darts at the armored Kombatant. A hand pulser had considerably more firepower than similarly-sized early 21st-century AD earth weapons, after all. Even if she was an engineer and intelligence officer by trade, not a Marine.
atk: 1D20+6 = [9]+6 = 15 Attack w/pulser, which has multiattack and penetrating 6; DC 21, 2 degrees of success => +2 DC, 3+ degrees of success (not that I think that's possible here) => +5 DC
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"This is a kind of talking!" Amy shot back cheerfully. "This is the 'who is stronger' stage of the talks. Conversely, it can also be 'is it strong enough to bother with' stage of the talks." she told Shannon. "Once that's determined, then we move on to relationship building!"

Being a pokemon trainer was an excellent education for somebody who played with villains or near-villains on a regular basis. She thought to herself. The social dynamic was much the same anyway.

She turned her attention back to the goons. "Don't try anything cute or you're street pizza."

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Shannon`s blast hits, but fails to penetrate enough to trigger the effects of her multiattack. The weapon fails to damage him further.

A panel in his chest opens and a missile streaks towards Shannon.

Toughness: 1d20+6-2 24
Attack: 1d20+9 26 - DC 20
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY HP 2

"Shannon, watch out!" she cried out.

Battle Init
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

Shannon & Sherlock

The anti-ballistic fabric she was wearing was capable of standing up to light pulser fire. Which was a lot more kinetic energy than people might think from a weapon the size of a light pulser and a projectile the size of a pulser dart. However, it certainly wasn't designed to defend against missiles, even crude chemical-powered ones. Fortunately she managed to dodge at the last microsecond.
OOC: I'm not entirely sure how many hero points Shannon has right now. More than one, anyway.

dodge defense: 1D20+6 = [10]+6 = 16
dodge defense (hero point reroll): 1D10+16 = [10]+16 = 26 (this is how I simulate the 'add ten to rolls less than ten' effect of hero points)
Sherlock made another try at grabbing the armored figure; his claws were unlikely to damage it, but it had just shot a missile at Shannon.

atk; grab if it hits: 1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Kar'Anna Maraneth
Condition: Normal
HP: 0

Kar'Anna raises a hand, fingers spread wide, the tips spark before lightning arcing towards the red-clad figure.

Attack - Force Lightning: 1d20+5 15
HP reroll Attack - Force Lightning: 1d20+5 18 If I still have one? And enough to trigger multi-attack? Damage DC 22
Last edited by Jewel on Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Sherlock just misses, the armor having fewer places to grab than he expected. Shannon's training is enough, however, to deflect the missile. She manages to knock it towards to the patio door, it shatters the glass and explodes just beyond the balcony.

Kar'Anna's energy blast of Dark Side Energy hits it squarely in the chest before it can reset after launching a missile at Shannon. The energy courses through and over the robotic figure, seemingly rooting it in its tracks.

Sirens sound. already on route.

By my count, Kar'anna was out of HP, but if you want to invoke your Darkside complication, I'll allow it.
Toughness: 1d20+6-2 16

Sektor is at -3 and Dazed
Amy is up
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

The girl grinned as she flicked out her pokemon, keeping a tight mental grip on the two idiots she had captured. "Peekaboo, thundershock! " she ordered.

"Finally, you let us out!" Peekaboo groused as he rubbed his paws together and shot out lightning.

ooc
Peekaboo initative: 16 http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=214318

Thundershock: Damage 6 (DC 21; Increased Range: ranged; Limited: won't work on ground/rock types) 9
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=214321 9
Last edited by kirinke on Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Need you to rework that post. As noted, you don't have Horde and they were not all active yet. Choose one for this round.