Team Cerberus (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tattooedman

Re: Team Cerberus (OOC)

Post by Tattooedman »

EpicEclipse wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:42 am Mental Powers has a flaw called "Limited to Resistance", so what you would do is actually buy the Movement Power up to rank, then apply Limited to Resistance to all but 1 rank.

Movement 9, Attack, Limited to Resistance 8, Perception Range = 27(Base+extra)-8(flaw)=19pp

vs

Movement 1 [Dimensional Travel (Shattenwelt)] (Extras: Attack [resisted by Dodge DC 19], Increased Resistance Rank 8, Perception Range) = 4(base+perception range)+9(extra)=13pp

Up to TM which is more appropriately cost, I just wanted to point out the extra that was released in one of the power profile books, which I will post so actual verbage can be seen:
Mental Power Profile wrote:Limited to Resistance: Ranks of an effect with this flaw are limited to increasing the effect’s resistance check difficulty class only and do not increase any other aspect of the effect. This flaw does not apply to effects—such as Affliction or Damage—where the degree of failure on the resistance check determines the outcome. It is intended primarily for non-offensive effects with the Attack modifier, such as Teleport Attack, where ranks Limited to Resistance increase the check DC but do not affect the teleport’s range, for example. –1 point per rank.
I get where that could apply, but the power I worked up is from the Dimensional Power Profile. So I kind of prefer that one over the other personally.
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:02 am As far as I read, this version of the attack hits only one person at a time I believe? When I had designed it, the power was part offensive and part an actual way to teleport dirrectly into the shattenwelt- though that could probably be better done as a power stunt involving shadow bssed portals.
~sigh~

You are correct, I forgot to work in the Burst Area extra onto the power. That's easy enough to put in - I'd just remove one rank of Increased Resistance Rank. So it'd look something like this.

Submerge: Movement 1 [Dimensional Travel (Shattenwelt)] (Extras: Area [Burst], Attack [resisted by Dodge DC 18], Increased Resistance Rank 7, Perception Range) [28 pp]
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Works for my tastes. Thanks for the patience in helping to get this all sorted out. And once again for the record, it's not an ability I intend to rely on heavily. :P
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:13 pm Works for my tastes. Thanks for the patience in helping to get this all sorted out. And once again for the record, it's not an ability I intend to rely on heavily. :P
No worries, glad to help.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

In case you wondering,i'm trying to 'wait my turn' ,as-it-were,before posting up....
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

MacynSnow wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:30 am In case you wondering,i'm trying to 'wait my turn' ,as-it-were,before posting up....
I appreciate that.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Aye. Larger cast games need a bit more organization to keep things smoother and not lose actions somewhere. The surprise round was a little chaotic, but worked well enough since only our side acted (though I am just realizing we all should have only been taking a single standard or equiv action and surge if desired. Oops. :( )
Camus

Post by Camus »

so oni acts after snowblind and before cat noir right?
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Camus wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:56 am so oni acts after snowblind and before cat noir right?
Yup. T-man forgot to put Oni in the list, but that 17 put him after Snowblind and before Cat.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

EpicEclipse wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:01 am
Camus wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:56 am so oni acts after snowblind and before cat noir right?
Yup. T-man forgot to put Oni in the list, but that 17 put him after Snowblind and before Cat.
I'm just happy RD3 and Curare go before Medea,so we can keep pressing our number advantage.If i don't KO her with The Gas,Curare's Bound to knock her out.... :D
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Rule #2 of Shadowrun: “Geek the mage.”
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Batgirl III wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:32 am Rule #2 of Shadowrun: “Geek the mage.”
It's 2 in Shadowrun? I know it as rule #1 everywhere I've seen it. :)
"Something pithy this way comes."
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Rule #1 is "Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever cut a deal with a dragon."
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

On Maggie's turn I'm considering her using her Perception range Area-Burst Selective move metal to lift anything metal on the foes upwards.

How should that work rules-wise? and what would be the effect. (I guess I'd need to know what exactly it was too, which Maggie's senses would have picked up immediately.)

For example, if Orion and Black Bow are wearing metal reinforced body armor would that lift them until they struggle out of it? What would that do to Orion's weapon array and maybe some of Black bow's more interestingly-tipped arrows? Would this include Rant and Rave's cell phones and what interesting thing roleplaying-wise would that do? (Okay, that last is not so much a rules question but interesting to think about).

I'm glad to have so many people knowledgeable about the rules to ask.
"Something pithy this way comes."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Well if they are holding it, I would think it would be a treated as a Disarm check and if they are wearing it, then it would be treated asa grapple check against the character at a bare minimum.

In no case would it be an auto success.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

kenseido wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:33 pm Well if they are holding it, I would think it would be a treated as a Disarm check and if they are wearing it, then it would be treated asa grapple check against the character at a bare minimum.

In no case would it be an auto success.
This is what I am thinking.