Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
endwaar

Re: Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice IC

Post by endwaar »

Tobey's fingers found a series of delicate mechanisms woven into the fabric of the headband - nothing that he could identify by touch, of course, but certainly something out of the ordinary. As soon as he pulled it away - no breaking necessary - the woman flailed ineffectively against Inquisitor's grip. "Free at last!" She practically wept, her blaster rifle falling from useless fingers. Seeing Blast Master in the distance, the Regime soldier groaned, and Inquisitor felt her need to speak to him, but he was too far to hear her.
I'll hold off on Blast Master's action until Janet has a chance to act, 'cause I feel like he's acted so often recently that I am afraid I might be cheating a tad.
Awaken

Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC IC
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

GREEN LANTERN
HP: 0
Condition: Fatigued, 1 Damage

Janet recoiled slightly as Blast Master broke through the construct she was focusing on. The Ring's warning of her remaining power level gave the rookie Lantern pause; she had left her power battery with her luggage back on the bus. 89.5% would be more than enough though, no matter how much Blast Master refused to go down. Recharging would have to wait.

"You should've stayed in there," Green Lantern warned, a length of chain with a spiked ball forming from her Ring. "It was the only thing stopping me from beating you up." The flail spun above Janet's head before she whipped her arm forward, sending the weapon construct hurdling towards the Regime leftover, hoping to have Master blasting off again.
Accurate Attack +/-2 Force Blast against Blast Master. DC 26 Toughness if it's a hit.
Accurate Attack +/-2 Force Blast vs Blast Master: 1D20+7+2 = [8]+7+2 = 17
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Blast Master was just slightly too slow to avoid the enormous oncoming flail - however, his armor's energy field flared, deflecting it from causing him any harm. He chuckled. "My armor is based on the Yellow Lantern's ring, only more focused! I am greater than any Lantern!" He leveled his arm at Janet again, but her agility easily made mockery of his aim, and pink fires flared up across the building behind her.

The Regime metahuman's face twisted into a scowl. "Why don't you die, invader?!"
Awaken

EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Inquisitor (Victoria Riese)
CND: 2 Damage, Fatigued

Vee shifts the regime woman in her arms to look her in the face. "Okay, I'm gonna let you go, and I want you to go surrender yourself to the officer over there while we take care of the idiot in the stupid yellow and pink armor. Let's go pretty boy." She releases the Regime woman and throws herself towards Blast Master while he busies himself with GL, lowering her shoulder to bodycheck the armored villain bodily.
Routine Athletics check to add a rank of speed, then will move to him and attack. If he is more than 60ft away, she'll charge and slam and use Accurate Attack to offset the charge attack penalty and slam bonus damage (So she'll make a regular attack, but still have to deal with the recoil for the slam). If Blast Master is more than 120ft away from her, she'll just double move for now. And she'll attack with Psychic Onslaught on her array regardless.

Attack: 1D20+6 = [20]+6 = 26 Oh damn, a crit, that'll be an intense DC34 Toughness, and DC29 Will save as the effect ranks increase by +5 for the crit.

(And in case she needs to do this as a Charge Slam attack, Inquisitor's recoil against half her damage rank, which, with the crit, will be rank 9, DC24: Toughness resist vs Slam recoil: 1D20+14-2 = [15]+14-2 = 27 and aced.)
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

The woman cried out a warning to Blast Master, who shifted slightly to look at the oncoming powerhouse. He lifted his hands as though to ward her off, but she effortlessly smashed through his defenses - and shattered the shield that bounced up to protect him. He staggered backwards, coughing, even as Vee's psychic assault tore through his mind. He shook his head numbly, gasping for breath.
Blast Master is now at 4 Damage, disabled, and dazed. The dude's not doing too hot.
Awaken

pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Grace
HP: 0; LP: 1; Condition: fine

Miranda watched carefully as the battle continued to evolve around her- while Blast Master was still on his feet, it didn't look like he was going to be able to hold out for long.

Of more interest was whatever had been happening with the female trooper and that strange headband under her helmet- though it seemed to have been handled. Still...

After a moment's thought, Miranda ducked back into the truck and pried one of the helmets off the troopers she had beaten. If they were all wearing such headbands, she wanted one of her own to study- or to turn over to The Man.

>OOC: As noted, check (At least one of) the soldiers, to see if they are wearings similar headbands. If so, obtain one. If not, she will pop back up and be ready to help tackle Blast Master next round- if he lasts that long.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

As Grace removed a helmet from one of the soldiers inside the truck, she found the surprisingly youthful face of a young Latino man. Unlike his compatriot, he wore no headband, and neither did his two unconscious companions. A most intriguing discovery, indeed.
Awaken

McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Prestige
Hp: 1
Cnd: Fatigued

"The curtain call's already come and gone buddy and the crowd's not looking for an encore. Take a hint and bow out!"

Tobey rocketed across the street-turned-battlefield after the super strong girl, the crimson lights flowing across his body coalescing around his fist as he pulled it back to throw a haymaker at Blast Master.
Power Attack 2: 1D20+10-2 = [11]+10-2 = 19, DC 27 Toughness check assuming that hits.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Blast Master's shield refracted much of the impact from Tobey's magical fist, but he still staggered, shaking his head violently and spitting another glob of blood onto the ground nearby. "I'll get you for that, you Insurgent scum!" He growled, but his body was clearly fairly beaten down already. Just a few more good hits would likely take him out.
Blast Master now has 5 damage, is dazed, and disabled.
Awaken

Bill from Accounting

GREEN LANTERN
Condition: Fatigued, 1 Damage

Armor based on a Power Ring? Was that even possible? Did the Guardians know about this?

"I'll get you for that, you Insurgent scum!"

"You have got to get some new lines," Janet scoffed. "Argh, I'll have you know I workshopped this material for days, Insurgent scum!" she did a mock imitation of the man.

The spiked ball at the end of the emerald chain grew in size as Janet swung her weapon around for another shot at Blast Master. The larger size made the construct more unwieldy, however, and the yellow-armored man was able to dodge Janet's clumsy attack.
Debated between Accurate and Power Attack; with how damaged he is, an Accurate Attack could do the trick. But a Power Attack could really guarantee it if it hits, and Janet is sick of listening to this guy talk, so...
Power Attack +/- 2 Force Blast: 1D20+7-2 = [8]+7-2 = 13
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

"Don't you know that I'm greater than human? Try harder, invader!" Blast Master dodged the enormous ball and chain with a contemptuous expression, though his unsteady steps hinted that he wasn't nearly as confident as he seemed. Or, at least, that he shouldn't have been nearly as confident as he seemed. He leveled one hand at Inquisitor, even as the other came up to click something on his bracer. A pink explosion burst around her -the wall of pink-glowing energy erupts and consumes all within thirty feet of him.
Dodge DC 22, Toughness DC 27 if failed, DC 21 if successful. This is an area attack centered on Inquisitor, so I would judge that it should hit herself, Tobey, Blast Master, and GL, unless Tobey and GL were more than thirty feet from Inquisitor, which I would judge they probably weren't. You may have advantages which negate it entirely if you succeed, but I think that Grace is probably the only one with it.
Awaken

Bill from Accounting

GREEN LANTERN
Condition: Fatigued, Dazed, 2 Damage
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Prestige
Hp: 1
Cnd: Fatigued

Tobey stepped back from the blast to avoid the worst of it. His mystic shields flickered as they absorbed what little energy reached him.

"Swing and a miss Blasty, and as your prize you win a beating!"
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Inquisitor (Victoria Riese)
CND: 2 Damage, Fatigued

Victoria braces for the blast and lets the energy attack wash over her, resulting in no damage. The blonde young woman lowers her arms and glares at the armored villain and rears back her fist. "What he said." and PUNCH!
Dodge vs area effect: 1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17 Not quite, DC 27 it is.
Toughness vs Blast Master: 1D20+14-2 = [18]+14-2 = 30 Terminator right through that. :P

Gonna go to the weaker since he seems pretty beat up, rather go for accuracy. Still on Mental Onslaught Accurate attack 5 vs Blast Master: 1D20+11 = [18]+11 = 29 Pretty confident that is a hit. DC24 Toughness vs Damage, DC19 Will vs Affliction.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Though the blow did little more than bruise Blast Master through his armor, Inquisitor's mental onslaught caught his mind and twisted it nastily. "S-shut up..." He managed before collapsing into unconsciousness, his armor clattering against the destroyed street.
Combat Over Everyone gets a PP!
The police woman rushed out from behind her cover. "Alright, kids. Who the hell are you all? Not," she hastens to add, "that I'm ungrateful, but..." Her radio clicks, and she mutters something into it before glancing up at Inquisitor and Prestige. "Could you help put out the fires, by the way?" She gestured at the burning buildings to her right. "I'll start reading these idiots their rights, but the fire trucks could be a lot longer than we want."
Awaken