Monster Mash-Up (MM3e IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Toast Burglar

Monster Mash-Up (MM3e IC)

Post by Toast Burglar »

Late in the day of All Hallow's Eve, we weave this spooky tale.
For hundreds of Emeralds gather about the humble Theatre Vale
While suitable arrangements could've been made elsewhere without much to-do.
The more popular theatre in Freedom City had been similarly booked this afternoon.
Yet still, hundreds still gathered, clad in costumes of fright and frisk.
For the treat of the night, Laugh At The Reaper, a viewing packed with risk.
Amongst the terrible titles tonight, Blood Like Wine and Pain Portal, to name a few.
A now spectral actress was featured in most, and certainly she would fume.
As the figurehead was Randall Fox, a personality past his prime.
Alongside a triad of upstart comics, he promises a roaring good time.
For featured in this festival, streamed worldwide as well as live.
The comics will cast banter aplenty, at the expense of the actress's pride.
For the masses and more to gawp and giggle.
For the entertainment of all but few.
What better a setting to place in the middle
A company of heroes anew?

~~~~~

After the game master has pretentiously typed out a poem to set the mood mostly for himself, the scene opens with a crowd inside and outside the esteemed, yet comparably humble, Theatre Vale. The posters plastered upon the perimeter of the building advertise the night's upcoming event: Laugh At The Reaper

The presentation is a marathon of four back-to-back godawful and old-hat horror movies from times long past. Hosting the show is a former Internet Celebrity named Randall Fox, and co-hosting was a trio of up-and-coming comedians; Miranda Cho, Robin Grant, and Patrick O'Patrick each have been flown in from their homes in Freedom City, to ravenously riff upon the retro films, and give the audience a bellyfull of laughter throughout the evening's festivities.

Tickets sold and continue to sell surprisingly well, considering it's happening on the holiday itself, though aside this, most wouldn't question the choice of films, as they are all famously cheesy, so the comedy wouldn't exactly break the atmosphere. Said titles include Blood Like Wine, Night of the Flaptors, Pain Portal, and Scream of the Swanmaiden

Inside the theatre, citizens were milling about, standing in line for snacks or searching for their seats. The screen at the front was comparable to famed I-Max screens, a podium off the the side held four seats in a row on one side, with four corresponding microphones.

Outside, yet more civilians awaited in disorderly lines more akin to swarms, to get their pre-ordered tickets from the computers or purchase a ticket from the counter day-of.

All the men and women of the hour (or more properly, next 9 hours or so) were already inside. The three comedians were presently at the doors to the central theatre atrium, shaking hands, greeting the fans and even handing out autographs! Nowehere among this crowd, however, was a Mr. Randall Fox. Instead he would be backstage, preparing himself properly for the ensuing event.

~~~~~~

Now then, I believe that normally, the task of properly arranging the arrival and grouping of the players is supposed to fall upon the GM with consideration for the characters the players made.

That said, I'm sure that you would all take proper delight in deciding for yourselves. I'm also sure that this table I'm about to show you was for GM eyes only.

Please feel free to borrow from it
  • As a native son of Freedom City, Randall Fox understands all too well that what he's doing is potentially very dangerous, and would like to bring in an official hero or two on the off chance that his own preparations fail. If the heroes are public figures, he invites them as official “celebrity guests” and unwitting security.
  • If the PCs aren’t public figures, they may simply be interested in attending the show, especially if they’re film buffs or fans of any of the comedians appearing that night. Alternatively, a love interest or family member may want to attend, and drag one or more of the PCs along for the event.
  • If any of the PCs are performers themselves, they may be friends with one of the comedians performing that night, or may even be invited to perform in place of one of the three.
  • Psychic or mystic heroes may receive a psychic flash drawing them to the event, or be dispatched by their mentors or advisors.
TacticalMammoth

Re: Monster Mash-Up (MM3e IC)

Post by TacticalMammoth »

(Not sure how this works, myself, but I feel like Bogeyman fits comfortably into the 'horror enthusiast' part of that little table. Should I just post, or should I wait?)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

(allow me to show you how I do my post's TacticalMammoth.Consider how i set-this up as a template of sorts,but be certain to place all information yourself and the GM and you may need to keep track of.You can write your response in whatever style you want.I perfer tailoring mine to the PC i'm running.)
Dr.Imperious
Hero(?) Points- 1 Condition- Curious

The Alley outside of the Majestic Theatre Vale was currently occupied by only one individual...The Famously Infamous Dr.Archimedes Imperious! Walking briefly up&down the alleyway weilding a walking tape measure(the type they use for Football Games) and placing what looks like square blocks every 15 steps.The Good/Bad Dr. finishes just as he get's to the Stairs that go backstage.Shrinking the Tape measure back down and sliding it back into his coat pocket he quickly took off to find the Man Responsible for the Triple-feature, Randall Fox. Ounce found,Archimedes introduces himself...
"You Randall Fox by any chance? I got a bit of a call by a mutual friend from Freedom sayin' you needed help wit Security fer this.Dr.Archimedes Imperious(for some reason,Lightning suddenly crackles behind him),Emerald City's resident Mad Scientist at yer service..."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

People.

People and food.

People and food meant spillage.

The screen with the lights and the images of people and funny situations was a bonus.

Goo spread itself underneath the seats to catch any bits of popcorn that fell or drinks that spilled. It/They darted from row to row occasionally peeking out to watch the color images until he heard or smelled something tasty hit the ground in the theater.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Toast Burglar

Post by Toast Burglar »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:13 am Dr.Imperious
Hero(?) Points- 1 Condition- Curious

"You Randall Fox by any chance? I got a bit of a call by a mutual friend from Freedom sayin' you needed help wit Security fer this.Dr.Archimedes Imperious(for some reason,Lightning suddenly crackles behind him),Emerald City's resident Mad Scientist at yer service..."
The man, the myth, the um... Randall Fox in the flesh, was just as much of a washout as he looked like. The pungent stink of gaudy cologne assailed your nostrils like a punch in the face. Nevertheless, his demeanor towards his oddball guest was friendly. "Security?" he would inquire a bit, setting aside a mysteriously fragrant aluminum flask, "Uuh sure! Yeah, thanks, Arkomitten or whatever."

He quickly reached over to a pile of headshot photographs of himself, half-drunkenly scrawling his autograph upon it and nearly whipping into your face as he handed it to you, while simultaneously shaking your hand (provided you allowed such), "Here ya go. Go take you'z one a the seats in the front, so you can... sit guard or whatever."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Toast Burglar wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:21 am The man, the myth, the um... Randall Fox in the flesh, was just as much of a washout as he looked like. The pungent stink of gaudy cologne assailed your nostrils like a punch in the face. Nevertheless, his demeanor towards his oddball guest was friendly. "Security?" he would inquire a bit, setting aside a mysteriously fragrant aluminum flask, "Uuh sure! Yeah, thanks, Arkomitten or whatever."

He quickly reached over to a pile of headshot photographs of himself, half-drunkenly scrawling his autograph upon it and nearly whipping into your face as he handed it to you, while simultaneously shaking your hand (provided you allowed such), "Here ya go. Go take you'z one a the seats in the front, so you can... sit guard or whatever."
Dr.Imperious
Hero Point- 1 Condition-Normal

The good doctor wrinkled his nose in slight disgust at the man's lack of Professionalism(It also smelled like he was trying to Pickle himself).Shaking the Drunkard's hand and pocketing the photo(he'd have I.G.O.R. use it for something in the Not-Quite Deathtraps later),Archie made his way out to the Front row and took a seat,noting how clean the floor seemed to look....
OOC: Alright,time for the first couple of rolls of the game....
First= a Preception check to see if i can spot Goo moving around on the floor..
9+10=19 decent roll to star the game with

Second=This is for Toast; Would it be OK if the "Blocks" i was placing outside the building be a Temporary Device that gave me a 360 degree real-time radar of the building? I got the idea from The Dark Knight(you know the Cellphone radar-thingy).It would only be passive,but give me a better understanding of where everything is in relation to everything else.Unfortunately,Archie wouldnt've had time to place Verbal receiver's into them so it's visual only...
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Reba Selene
HP : 1
Condition : 'normal'

All Hallow's Eve was Reba's absolute FAVORITE time of the mortal year - with the barriers between worlds slightly weakened, she just felt so much healthier, and in a much better mood than usual !

Plus the fact that this was one of the six times a year idiots usually attempt to use any magic items they found (the others being the solstices, the equinoxes, and the Fourth of July in America, for some bizarre reason).

And it was much easier to locate items when they are being used, instead of gathering dust under someone's bed.

She'd bought tickets for the Laugh at the Reaper marathon almost as soon as she heard about the event - she just had a foreboding sense of doom about it. Even she'd heard of Lauren Hammond, the 'Silver Scream'.

"Mocking a ghost on Halloween. What could POSSIBLY go wrong ?!" she sighed to herself as she mused about what to wear to the event.

She could go in her mortal guise (a middle-aged woman with a tan and big, sunbleached hair), but she'd have to leave her Pitchfork of the Nether Realms at home (no way to carry a nearly six foot long pitchfork without drawing unwanted attention).

Or go in her normal form (a rather young demoness with horns and hooves). True, it was Halloween, and she MIGHT be able to bluff her way along with 'it is a really good costume !', but she wasn't sure what they were wearing at the event.

In the end, she decided to go in her mortal guise and bring her Gloves, figuring she shouldn't need the powers of her Pitchfork. And if she did, she could just drive home very, VERY quickly.

A short taxi ride later, she reached the theater, showed her ticket to the ushers and went inside.
Toast Burglar

Post by Toast Burglar »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:10 pm
Dr.Imperious
Hero Point- 1 Condition-Normal

The good doctor wrinkled his nose in slight disgust at the man's lack of Professionalism(It also smelled like he was trying to Pickle himself).Shaking the Drunkard's hand and pocketing the photo(he'd have I.G.O.R. use it for something in the Not-Quite Deathtraps later),Archie made his way out to the Front row and took a seat,noting how clean the floor seemed to look....
OOC: Alright,time for the first couple of rolls of the game....
First= a Preception check to see if i can spot Goo moving around on the floor..
9+10=19 decent roll to star the game with

Second=This is for Toast; Would it be OK if the "Blocks" i was placing outside the building be a Temporary Device that gave me a 360 degree real-time radar of the building? I got the idea from The Dark Knight(you know the Cellphone radar-thingy).It would only be passive,but give me a better understanding of where everything is in relation to everything else.Unfortunately,Archie wouldnt've had time to place Verbal receiver's into them so it's visual only...
Presuming Goo was just doing a routine stealth, you can see the slime creeping along the ground, mostly in the form if a translucent fluid that turned spilled popcorn into matchingly translucent fluid.

I am also fine with the device. I'll give you proper set up time this time around, so just post it as a device block.
Flynnarrel wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:32 am Goo spread itself underneath the seats to catch any bits of popcorn that fell or drinks that spilled. It/They darted from row to row occasionally peeking out to watch the color images until he heard or smelled something tasty hit the ground in the theater.
If Goo would rather make it more difficult altogether to hide his activities, I would request he make a Stealth check, though at a routine DC16 I'd say he's safe from civilian gazes.
Prof Weird wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:27 pm Reba Selene

A short taxi ride later, she reached the theater, showed her ticket to the ushers and went inside.
The inside of the theatre, outside the atrium was a home to a lovely blue, speckled carpet. People were milling about, the lines into the seating area and the snack table seemed to fill and empty continuously. While many and more wore costumes, very few were particularly convincing by any stretch of the imagination.

Of course, an older lady with gloves was hardly any reason to draw suspicion at all, so none paid you much mind beyond the ticketers at the front.

Over yonder towards the atrium doors you can see the three advertised comedians still handing out handshakes and autographs, with seconds-long conversations here and there. They are each wearing halloween costumes presumably derisive of their comic stylings: Miranda Cho wears a generic 'slutty devil' costume, Robin Grant wears a vaudvillian suit and tie with zombie paint on his face, politely wearing gloves so as to not transfer said paint onto his fans, and Patrick O'Patrick wears a leprechaun costumes, with an eyepatch. Together they look absolutely ridiculous.
TacticalMammoth

Post by TacticalMammoth »

Bogeyman was excited to be going to the theatre vale in Emerald City on Halloween; not only was it one of his favorite pastimes to watch people laugh and scream, both of which had a decent opportunity of occurring tonight in his mind, but it was also his most absolute favorite holiday ever. He could actually walk among the people in his casual form and nobody would care, and if he scared a few people or pulled a few pranks, there surely wouldn't be much of a fuss.

As he teleported into the theatre Vale, jumping from the shadows just outside to those just inside, he wore a broad and sharp-toothed grin. Though he may have looked quite malevolent to anyone nearby, he paid them no mind and simply went to find a seat so that he could enjoy the show, wondering what festivities would ensue - he hadn't actually bothered to read about the event beyond the address it was taking place at. The title of the event had been enough on its own to draw him. Even if he did notice goo, he really didn't mind the creature's presence for now, though it was unlikely that Bogeyman noticed at all.
Okay so, as a note, Bogeyman has a passive mindreading effect. Anyone that doesn't have fearless or mindless within 30 feet of Bogeyman must make a Will save (DC 20). Bogeyman only learns of a victim's fears this way, nothing else, and the effect is completely unnoticable.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Toast Burglar wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:44 pm Presuming Goo was just doing a routine stealth, you can see the slime creeping along the ground, mostly in the form if a translucent fluid that turned spilled popcorn into matchingly translucent fluid.

I am also fine with the device. I'll give you proper set up time this time around, so just post it as a device block.
Dr.Imperious
Hero Point- 1 Condition- Curious

The Doctor,having noticed the moving translucent fluid,decided to perform a small test to see what stimulants might attract it.Taking a large handful of his Lemon Drops out of one of his many Labcoat pockets(Think about it like the sidekick's Trenchcoat from Parker Lewis Can't Lose)as he refuses to pay the Extortionist prices at the Food stand, Archie placed them in a line leading back to himself.Keeping his eye for his potential new friend,Archie decided to check on his B.A.T.S. outside...
OOC:Alrighty,this is what i got Down.If it too much,i'll change it...
The Imperious B.A.T.S.(Building-Attachable-Tactical-Sonar)
Remote Sensing:Hearing 5(Extras-Simultaneous, Subtle 1) (15 pnts)
Concealment 2 (Sight, Touch Flaw-Blending) (2 pnts)
Senses 4 (Accurate Hearing, Ultra and Extended Hearing) (4 pnts)
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Goo learned it was best to be unseen by humans.
stealth: 1D20+6 = [18]+6 = 24
Ninja Goo. Wasn't expecting that
Edit: So I dunno if Lemoin drop thing happened but...
Insight: 1D20+10 = [6]+10 = 16
Goo would be wary of their deliberate placement.
"Something pithy this way comes."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:44 am Goo learned it was best to be unseen by humans.
stealth: 1D20+6 = [18]+6 = 24
Ninja Goo. Wasn't expecting that
Edit: So I dunno if Lemoin drop thing happened but...
Insight: 1D20+10 = [6]+10 = 16
Goo would be wary of their deliberate placement.
OCC:Nothing Bad,Archie just wanted to get a better look at Goo,maybe get Goo to sorta sit on the arm rest and get not-floor food....
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Reba Selene

Reba merely rolled her eyes at Miranda Cho's outfit as she went into the theater to find a seat.

Then she noticed a guy in a lab coat laying out something on the floor.

She went over to look - it was line of lemon drops !

"Trying to attract wayward children ?"
she had to ask.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Prof Weird wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:25 am Reba Selene

Reba merely rolled her eyes at Miranda Cho's outfit as she went into the theater to find a seat.

Then she noticed a guy in a lab coat laying out something on the floor.

She went over to look - it was line of lemon drops !

"Trying to attract wayward children ?"
she had to ask.
Dr.Imperious
HP- 1 Condition- Normal

The good Doctor,having heard the voice behind him,replyed while laying the drops out towards just before his seat
"Not really.Had a distance relative used to do that in England,it didn't turn out well fer her....there seems ta be a Little gelatinous entity rootin' around under the seats.I'm trying ta draw the little fella out to get a better look.Wanna help?"
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Reba Selene
Condition : normal

Dr.Imperious
HP- 1 Condition- Normal

The good Doctor,having heard the voice behind him,replyed while laying the drops out towards just before his seat
"Not really.Had a distance relative used to do that in England,it didn't turn out well fer her....there seems ta be a Little gelatinous entity rootin' around under the seats.I'm trying ta draw the little fella out to get a better look.Wanna help ?"
"Not exactly sure how I can help, but why not ? Sure ! Got something in mind ?" she asked.

R'eva knew there were many things that can appear as a 'little gelatinous entity' - some more dangerous than others. But she'd have to see the critter to know whether it was harmless, or something to be eliminated (by any one of many ways).