[3E IC] Toys will be Toys

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Post Reply
User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1622
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:47 am

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Unable To sit still
HP: 1
----------
catsi563 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:06 am
"Did you see the plane Tough Stuff missed?"
"You don't have to rub it in!" She despaired, with a full on pout at her her own frustrations. That should've been an easy shot, a complete cinch! If only she hadn't choked at that last second then it might've gone through and hit that terrible toy. Completely ridiculous, how could it even pull that stuff off?

"Whatever, you guys have fun wasting time on those computers, I'm gonna go show this guy that he's messed with the wrong school personally." The girl proudly declares, scooping up the stray ball as she bypassed the elevator. Heroes never used elevators! Uh, probably. They didn't usually use stairs either, did they? You know what, not the point.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 678
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:43 pm

Tough Stuff

The stairwell door is unlocked, unsurprising given it's generally the primary method of escape in a fire. The interior is sterile, concrete walls and steps, metal railings, the slightly glaring light of emergency lighting flickering on as the motion sensors detect movement in the stairwell. The stairs appears to go both up and down from here.

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 678
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:47 pm

Gamemaster

After a few abortive attempts at passwords, the pair of Evelyn and Express manage to get the machine unlocked. It looks like one of the guards must have fallen down a TV Tropes sinkhole. Internet Explorer is sitting in the background with at least 50 tabs open showing the logo. The current page right now is Gladiator Games. Others that you spot are Shadows of the Apt, Star Wars: Phasma, The Dog Bites Back, Kick the Dog... he must have been doing a Wiki Walk. Goodness only knows where it started.

More pressing is the blinking dialog window in the upper right-hand corner. It's confirming the shutting down of the alarm system from this terminal, and is overlaid by a second dialog box indicating that the user has been logged out of the security system due to five minutes of inactivity. The timestamp on the notice is from about 8 minutes ago. There's also a link to the building layout, apparently leveraging Google Maps to provide an internal view. Logging into the security program itself takes a bit more work than the initial computer password, but it brings up security camera controls, access to the building's automated fire suppression system, and archives of the system logs and video footage.

The current camera feeds show a childlike figure at a terminal in the R&D labs on the fourth floor, energetically typing on a keyboard while a hulking figure, at least seven feet tall, in brightly colored clown clothes stands sentinel beside him, flanked by four boxy-looking robots, about three feet tall, with comically large plastic boxing gloves at the ends of their fists. Occasionally, one of the standing figures shifts slightly, then stands still again, perhaps scanning the room.
OOC wrote:At the end of the four minutes, can I get a quick Notice check from anyone remaining in the lobby at that time? And before that, a Notice check from whoever is checking out the camera feeds.

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Batgirl III » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:22 pm

Express
Phan Thi Trinh; HP: 1; Condition: –1 to Toughness

“Great, we’ve got at least two bad guys on site.” Express informed everyone, jumping to the not-entirely unwarranted conclusion that no one who dressed like a clown was ever a good guy. It was like octopuses, squids or scorpions, no good guy ever dressed like one. Maybe the occasional spider or bee, but cephalopods were generally right out. Clowns definitely were bad guys.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

User avatar
L-Space
Posts: 720
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by L-Space » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:14 pm

Replica (Alex Mason)
HP: 1 LP:1
Condition: A-Ok.
___________________
Nunya B wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:24 am
Evelyn
"Oh-ho", Evelyn trilled, "if someone can pry the electronics out of one of those, I can figure that out. Might take them for my own. I'll get started on the computer, shouldn't even take five minutes to make my toy. I bet I can guess the password before I finish hacking. T-O-Y-S-A-R-E-T-O-" she trailed off with a wide grin as she walked over to the active terminal and began plugging her gauntlet in.

He walks up to one of bashed planes and starts to take out pieces of electronics. "Here you go Evelyn." As he reverts back to his normal form he looks over at Trinh's monitors. "Ah man, if I'm going to have to fight a giant clown today, I'm going to need a bit more 'oomph'." With that Alex starts to look around the room for decent sized metal bar or pipe.

Image
Formerly luketheduke86

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1622
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:35 pm

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Exploring
HP: 2
----------

"Up, down... Up or down... Upstairs is probably like uh... I dunno, office space I guess? Probably have some cool stuff downstairs. Hmm... If I was a bad guy... Yeah, I'd definitely go for the cool stuff. Basement it is then!" She declares proudly, and after making sure her mask is still in place begins her descent.
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 678
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:18 pm

Replica

You readily find a source of metal in the broken fountain. They must have sourced it from some earlier public works project because it's got honest-to-goodness iron pipes inside the broken concrete that are still occasionally spurting water as the internal systems waffle on whether a leak has been detected.

Tough Stuff

Sadly, the basement fails to hold any eldritch horrors, or at least none that you can suss out. Instead, the basement seems to be a repository of broken-down machinery furniture, and a disturbing number of naked mannequins. The light of the stairwell doesn't penetrate far, just far enough to cast many-armed shadows on the far well as it hits the mannequins, resembling something from... well, perhaps one could consider that an eldritch horror. But one that's quite static, although as often happens in rooms where you're the only thing moving, there always seem to be slight flashes of movement from the corner of your eyes...

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1622
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:54 pm

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Totally not kinda creeped out
HP: 2
----------

Her brows knit closer together as she squinted into the shadows, depicting multi-armed monsters who crawled along the walls. Biting her lip did little to still the rate at which her heart rate started to speed up, while holding her bat just a little tighter offered her little comfort. Putting on her brave face as best she can though, Cindy pushed away any regrets about wandering off alone and started to walk into the room.

"Broken Stuff... Wooden dummies... Monster movie lighting... You've got this. You totally got this. One hundred... percent... got this-!" Spotting what she thought to be something at the edge of her vision, the girl wheeled around to point her weapon in a mostly random direction. "Hey! Who's there? You... you can't hide from me you know! Better just come out and surrender, or... or I'm gonna get really upset. And you won't like me when I'm upset!"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

Nunya B
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Nunya B » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:49 pm

Evelyn
HP 2, LP 1 : Distracted
----- ===== ----- ===== -----


"-Y- oh. That was pretty fasttttt - the system clock is an hour twenty ahead? Express, at least cover your shame." Evelyn cracked wise as the computer's monitor suddenly changed before her eyes. Well, if Express had handled that, then it gave her time to get to work on the plane - ah, there it was.
"Here you go Evelyn." "Thanks, Merryweather." she replied absently, already focused entirely on the chunk of circuitry in her hand. The plane's consumer-grade electronics were simple, but Evelyn knew she didn't have a huge amount of time to figure out how the plane was controlled. Quick and dirty it was, she decided as she began to trace wires. "Tough Stuff hasn't run off, right?" her mouth continued idly, Evelyn not even realizing who she was talking to, "she's under your charge right now."

----- ===== ----- ===== -----
OOC:
Plane Dissection: 1D20+18 = [2]+18 = 20 to figure out control mechanism
Notice: 1D20+2 = [4]+2 = 6

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Batgirl III » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:36 am

Express
Phan Thi Trinh; HP: 1; Condition: –1 to Toughness, Farigued
"-Y- oh. That was pretty fasttttt - the system clock is an hour twenty ahead? Express, at least cover your shame." Evelyn cracked wise
Trinh hadn’t even bothered to look at the system’s clock. Not all that unusual, really, since she often forgot to check clocks. She intuitively kept perfect time, it wasn’t all that necessary to look at clocks other people used.

“I think we’ve got a bigger problem than the clock not being programmed right. Or, rather a small problem.” Trinh tapped on one of the monitors, it was a low rez picture and kind of dark, but small action-figure-sized people occasionally flitting by the camera, “Looks like like our mystery bad guy had more toys in his toy box that just these.”
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1509
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:55 am

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 2; Condition: Bruised x1

Irene let loose a long suffering sigh as Cindy took off like a shot, at least Irene conosoled herself with the knowledge that there was very little that could possibly harm her friend, and anything that could well, was most likely way beyond anything she could do anything about.

She tried to stay focused on keeping her eyes, and ears open and protecting her teammates for this adventure.


Titanesses perception check _: 1D20+6 = [15]+6 = 21

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
L-Space
Posts: 720
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by L-Space » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:35 am

Replica (Alex Mason)
HP: 1 LP:1
Condition: A-Ok.
___________________
Nunya B wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:49 pm
"Thanks, Merryweather." she replied absently, already focused entirely on the chunk of circuitry in her hand.
"Hey now, don't insult Merryweather like that. He's too fancy a guy to me mistaken for a bum like me." Alex says with a smile. He then proceeds to start tearing out a good length of lead pipe and gives it a few test swings. "There we go! I got my clown beating stick, so I'm ready whenever you guys are."
Image
Formerly luketheduke86

Nunya B
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Nunya B » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:58 am

Evelyn
HP 2, LP 1 : Unnerved
----- ===== ----- ===== -----


"Hey now, don't insult Merryweather like that. He's too fancy a guy to me mistaken for a bum like me." "Oh! Sorry, sorry. My bad, Replica. I just got carried away with..." Evelyn apologized and looked up from her work, then fell silent as she took stock of the situation. She continued speaking with a growing sense of unease, "Where did Tough Stuff go?"

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 678
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:30 pm

Gamemaster - Basement - Titaness and Tough Stuff

When entering the stairwell, Titaness is confronted with the same choice Tough Stuff did, "up or down". Fortunately for her, she had more to go from, namely a nearly indestructible girl speechifying, apparently challenging someone to show themselves. Down the steps, she sees Tough Stuff swinging her bat around wildly, pointing at the corners of the apparently deserted room. The swinging was raising slight swirls of dust that glittered in the faint light. But in the end, it's all just mannequins... except, was that one looking that direction before?

Gamemaster - Lobby

The security footage isn't changing much as you view it. A quick look back at the cameras for the lobby first show you standing there, then the brief battle with the toy planes, then before that... it's unclear what exactly happened. It all started with one guard at the desk, then suddenly vanishing, pulled down behind the desk. The other guard runs on camera towards the desk, as he's rounding the side to check on his compatriot, something flies up from behind the desk, striking him in the face. The fountain is struck by something and the view is obscured by the spraying water, which has the bad fortune to catch the lobby camera, and the next you see, there's the broken fountain, broken guards, and elevator doors closing with the indicators showing that it's going up. You can practically hear the ding as the elevator doors close despite the lack of sound on the recording.
OOC wrote:As before, can I get those in the lobby to do a Perception check? It's a DC 25 for Evelyn and Express since they're busy with the computer, a DC 23 for the other two.

User avatar
L-Space
Posts: 720
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by L-Space » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:21 pm

Replica (Alex Mason)
HP: 1 LP:1
Condition: Normal.
___________________

"It's no worry Evelyn, just giving you a hard time." Alex starts to wander around the room while the techies do their geek thing.
Image
Formerly luketheduke86

Post Reply