[3E IC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Nunya B

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Nunya B »

Evelyn
HP 1, LP 1 : Normal
----- ===== ----- ===== -----

Evelyn watched as half the room bolted at the prospect of action before turning to Merryweather. "My boots are only rated for twenty extra pounds before the center of mass drifts too far. I'd have suggested you ask Irene for a lift, but she just ditched us too. There's a school van, or - Alex, right?" Evelyn called out, "You got any ideas?" as she quickly typed out a reply to her mother: "Love you mom! Will record this! Thanks!"
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Replica (Alex Mason)
HP: 1
Condition: Surprised at everyone's reaction speed.

Alex just stares for a moment as the entire room starts breaking into movement and talking. Oh, uh... I guess I'll go get my uniform. He gets up to leave the room when Evelyn speaks up.
Nunya B wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:36 pm Evelyn watched as half the room bolted at the prospect of action before turning to Merryweather. "My boots are only rated for twenty extra pounds before the center of mass drifts too far. I'd have suggested you ask Irene for a lift, but she just ditched us too. There's a school van, or - Alex, right?" Evelyn called out, "You got any ideas?" as she quickly typed out a reply to her mother: "Love you mom! Will record this! Thanks!"
Yea, it's Alex. I was wondering how us slowpokes were going to get there, too. Be a bit anticlimactic to take the bus ;). If you can find us a vehicle, then I can drive us there kind of.
Formerly luketheduke86
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Long ride

As the rest of the group stepped outside they found Irene standing there waiting for them. "Well come on slow pokes. The Titan express is leaving; Now."

As she said the last word there was an audible hum and crackle of electricity as her eyes glowed bright blue white and a saint elmos fire of sparks snapped and crackled around her. As this light show went off Irene went from six and half feet to her full thirty plus foot height towering over the others.

She reached down and offered her hands and as soon as she had them all settled on her shoulders or in her belts now expanded utility pockets she turned and took off at an expanded speed with her long legs eating up ground at an incredible pace.

She even stopped to scoop Cindy up on the way to insure they all made it together. She wasn't worried about Trinh knowing that Express could be there and back again five or six times in the span it would take her to get there.

Giant sized bus anyone? :lol:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Replica (Alex Mason)
Condition: Amazed.

Alex, shielding his eyes stares in amazement as Amazonian Irene is replaced by to Titaness Irene. "God, I love this school," Alex mumbles as he climbs onto Irene's hand.
Formerly luketheduke86
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Evelyn
HP 1, LP 1 : Normal

"Well come on slow pokes. The Titan express is leaving; Now." Evelyn nodded appreciatively as she looked up at Titaness, taking the proffered hand up as she fired off another quick text. "Hey," she asked, "can we swing by my room on the way there? There's something I want to grab and if you hold me by the window my roommate Janice can just hand it out to me. It's Kord, second floor, east side, second room from the north."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------

"Aw come on!" Cindy loudly complains, as the giant of a woman scoops her up against her will. "No fair! I totally had it in the bag, now we'll never know." Unable to manage escape her grip, she resigns herself to her fate. One of the numerous of baseballs she'd gathered up from the gym slips out of her sports bag, which much to her dismay she's not able to catch.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Express
Phan Thi Trinh; HP: 1; Condition: Normal

Trinh took her sunglasses out of her pocket and gave them a polish with the hem of her sweatshirt. They weren't strictly necessary, but when time was stopped it meant that light didn't move... Which caused all kinds of weird glares and harsh brightness. 1100 Lumens on a quickly blinking traffic signal wasn't too much, when it was blinking. Frozen at the instant of peak blink? Incredible eye-sore.

"Does anyone have an address for this place?" Trinh asked while she shrugged off her sweatshirt and flipped the hood of her leather jacket up. Temperatures got weird when time was frozen, she needed the adjustable layers. She suddenly shifted about two feet to her right and was checking the pressure levels on her grappling hook. She must have grabbed it in a time stop. "I can't get there fast, if I don't know where there is..."
OOC wrote:My Time Stop Marathon Power will let me "teleport" up to thirty miles, but leave me dazed and vulnerable for one round afterward.
In theory, I can teleport, rest for a round, teleport again... But remember that Trinh does have to actually walk (or swing) there.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Express

The trip between the school and the address related to you by your classmates takes about twenty-ish minutes from your perspective, although it happens in an instant to the outside world. The trip is uneventful to the extreme, Freedom City at this hour of the day is usually pretty dull... Too late for the rush-hour commuters and too early for the homeward-bound post-bar crawlers. A brisk jog across town in that freeze frame photograph, you drop the effect and it all hits you at once, the photons leaping back into motion, the sound-waves that had been sitting still in sullen silence shout as they're freed, and the odors of the alleyway you are in finally gets into your nose... It's all enough to leave you dazzled as you catch your breath.

The streets of the theater district seem quiet and dark. Although the mysterious fog that enshrouds that eastern part of the city is nowhere to be seen, there are few people about. Nearby, the glowing marquee of the Beaudrie Opera House casts deep shadows down the street where the Fun-Time Toys building awaits in the foreboding gloom. You see a white florists van sitting out from with the rear doors opened. The Fun-Time Toys HQ looks shuttered and dark, the security lights struggling valiantly against the dark around what looks to be a set of double-doors with a small keypad. In the day-time, no doubt, these doors are open to allow access to the lobby of the build.

The Others

As Express blinks out of sight, Titaness begins her journey. With her size, she moves at the speed of a car on the highway at a steady lope, readily bypassing the obstacles in the way. It will take seven minutes to get to Fun-Times Toys without having to move past a jogging pace. The sheer scale of her size renders the journey surprisingly comfortable, like traveling on an ocean-liner. The overall motion may be dozens of feet at a time, but averaged over time, it's a steady variation of movement, although much like an ocean-liner, it can provoke some degree of sea-sickness.
OOC wrote:Does Express attempt to do anything with the nearly seven minutes she has before the rest of them arrive?
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Everyone out

Irene pulled up to the toy Factory a few minutes later, and took a few moments to take a deep breath or two. it wasnt that she was winded from the run hell no she could go ten times that distance at double the speed if she wanted to, the issue was having to avoid obstacles and stepping on people in the way, Hopping over some poor guys cabbage stand, and resisting the urge to stomp on the doucehbag in the hummer spewing black smoke all over the place, She pretty sure shed have tossed the dammed thing into the bay given a chance but decided against it when the moron fender bendered a cop car while staring at her.

While catching her breath she let everyone down and out of her pockets before reducing her size to her normal six plus foot in height.

"So wheres the fireworks?" she threw Trinhs way as her speedy comerade showed up in a blink.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------

The instant her feet touch the ground, she's races off towards the door. With a confident smile Cindy boastfully yells out, "Hah! I'm still gonna be first!"
------------
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Evelyn
HP 2, LP 1 : Normal

"- and since the interface has you pushing the radio field, the interaction might as well not be occurring at a dis- ah, we're here?" Evelyn paused, dropping her explanation of the silvery finger-plates she'd gotten from her room before heading out. She gave Titaness a quick "Thanks!" as she set her phone to stream its recording to Dexter. The phone might not survive the night or get a good angle from her chest pocket, but the gauntlet would keep the recordings safe.

"Hah! I'm still gonna be first!" "Unless you plan on vandalizing the front door, nobody's first 'less I say so. I'm the one with the entry codes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------
Nunya B wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:03 pm "Unless you plan on vandalizing the front door, nobody's first 'less I say so. I'm the one with the entry codes."
She takes out her bat, fully intending to vandalize the front door.
------------
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Evelyn
HP 2, LP 1 : Normal

Evelyn groans, the rockets on her back and feet flaring to life as she shoots right over Tough Stuff's head. "There," she says, "first.", punctuating her words by lightly rapping her metal-clad knuckles on the door. "Now give me a second to get this unlocked. Eight six nine..."
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Express
Phan Thi Trinh; HP: 1; Condition: Normal

"Cin... Er, Tough Stuff," Trinh caught herself. They were "in the field," they should be using their code-names, "The point of our being here is to stop crime. Not to do crime. Breaking down the door is, like, vandalism or whatever."
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Replica (Alex Mason)
HP: 1 LP:1
Condition: Amazed.

Alex hops down when Titaness stops and does a bit of stretching, "You are one bumpy ride Irene-- er-- that didn't sound right. Sorry, thanks for the lift though."

Time to put on my game face. He bends down to touch the sidewalk. The concrete seemingly spreads across his skin, until he's completely covered. With a now gravely voice "Well, I'm ready whenever."
OOC wrote:Activating Brick (Asphalt, Concrete, Etc.): Enhanced Str 6, Enhanced Str 2 - Limited to Lifting, Immunity 10 Life Support, Protection 5 Impervious 7.
Formerly luketheduke86