Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ken

Re: Jab's Builds! (Mothra! Minilla! Anguirus! King Kong! Gigan!)

Post by Ken »

What about Gigantis from Godzilla Raids Again? (Yeah, I know, but it deserves a mention.)
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Ken wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:50 am What about Gigantis from Godzilla Raids Again? (Yeah, I know, but it deserves a mention.)
Gigantis isn’t in Godzilla Raids Again, he’s only in Gigantis the Fire Monster. I’d give him the same stats that Jab has for Shōwa Godzilla, but at random times he has the sound effects used for Anguirus' roar instead of his mighty Skreeeee-onk!
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Shock

Post by Shock »

HalloweenJack wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:32 am There is some deleted footage of Godzilla fighting Manda briefly in Destroy All Monsters.

The reason it's deleted is that Toho thought "Wait a second....why are two monsters the Kilaaks controlling fighting one another?" and scrapped it
For too much logic for a giant monster movie. As if they need a reason to fight
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I imagine it was also cut due to time and budget. The movie was already long-ish and daikaijū fight scenes ain’t cheap.

I mean, one line of dialogue from a human observer fixes the issue: “Manda is shaking off alien control! Now he fighting Godzilla! Now he is dragon-shaped smear on side of Mount Fuji.”
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

You know, I'm getting into Fate (and the numerous system variants) lately. This run of builds is making Mecha VS Kaiju look very tempting XD
Jabroniville

Mechagodzilla (Showa)

Post by Jabroniville »

Quote: "sshhhhEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! sshhhhhEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

MECHAGODZILLA (Mechagojira- Showa Era)
Created By:
Shinichi Sekizawa
First Appearance: "Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla" (1974)
Role: Opposite Colour Villain, Unstoppable Robot, Kid's Wet Dream
Size: 50 meters (164 feet)
PL 16 (226)
STRENGTH
20 STAMINA -- AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -- AWARENESS -- PRESENCE --

Skills: 
Intimidation 16 (+11, +20 Size)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Improved Critical (Beam Weapon) 4, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8, Startle, Takedown Attack 2, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 18 (Str & Toughness +18, +18 Mass, +9 Intimidation, -9 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -18 Stealth) -- (170 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [37]
Protection 5 (Extras: Impervious 29) [34]

"Mechanical Senses" Senses 5 (Low-Light & Infra Vision, Detect Radiation- Ranged, Radius Sight) [5]
"Boot Jets" Flight 6 (120 mph) [12]
"Machine" Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Speed +2 (30 mph) [2]

"Explosive Blast" Blast 16 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Burst +3) (78) -- [82]
  • AE: "Beam Weapon/Flame-Thrower/Short-Range Laser/Missiles" Blast 24 (Feats: Variable Descriptor- Fire/Laser, Extended Range 5) (Extras: Multiattack, Penetrating 16) (70)
  • AE: "Atomic Line" Damage 16 (Feats: Variable Descriptor- Fire/Laser) (Extras: Area- 240ft. Line +3) (65)
  • AE: "Giant-Size Smash" Damage 16 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (48)
  • AE: "Power Force Field" Force Field 10 Linked to Energy Aura 20 (Flaws: Immobile -2) (30)
Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+20 Damage, DC 35)
Ranged Weapons +8 (+24 Ranged Damage, DC 39)
Area Attacks +16 Area (+16 Damage, DC 31)
Initiative -2

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +24 (+15 Impervious), Fortitude --, Will --

Complications:
Weakness (Robot)- As a machine, Mechagodzilla is more vulnerable to electrical attacks and magnetics than normal Kaiju. He is also under direct control of others at all times- he will shut down if no one is controlling him.
Disabled (Kaiju)- Mechagodzilla cannot speak to human, nor use his missile-fingers to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: -24 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 18 / Powers: 202 / Defenses: 22 (226)

-Behold Mechagodzilla, one of the true "Big Bads" of the Tohoverse (despite a turn as a babyface in the Millennium series)- a guy who had nearly everything Godzilla had, plus a ridiculous batch of super-weapons at his disposal. Mechagodzilla TO THIS DAY looks like he was built by a collective of twelve-year olds. You know, where one kid goes "He should have MISSILES for FINGERS!" Then another replies "No, he should have them coming out of his KNEES AND TOES, too!" Another kid adds the Nose-gun thing, someone else says he should have a beam coming out of his chest, etc. They stack so much shit onto this dude that he looks like a Rifts character.

-Mechagodzilla's likely the coolest robo-construct ever. He's got weapon after weapon on him, resulting in a massive Penetrating Multiattack Blast, as well as a few Area Attacks. His Force Field is remarkably powerful, but he can't move while doing it, so it doesn't go against his PL. He's only one PL higher than the big guy himself, but that's a +2 difference in ranged power, and his Toughness makes him WAYYY better statted out for Defense than any other Kaiju. He's one seriously devastating threat.
Spam

Re: Manda

Post by Spam »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:54 am His next appearance was decades later in Final Wars, again threatening a submarine, where Don Frye's crew froze him in ice and then FLEW THROUGH HIM. That's right- this monster is such a weenie that he got killed by HUMANS. For SHAME, Manda, for SHAME. Silly snake Kaiju thingie.
In his defense, it's Don Frye. In a freakin' submarine!!
MacynSnow

Re: Jab's Builds! (Anguirus! King Kong! Gigan! Manda! Mechagodzilla!)

Post by MacynSnow »

After Jab's done stating the Kaiju,he really should Build all the Major Humans(and my Wifus,the Fairies) from the Tohoverse....*blatantly starts hiting Jab in the ribs with his robo-elbow*
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

MacynSnow wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:41 am After Jab's done stating the Kaiju,he really should Build all the Major Humans(and my Wifus,the Fairies) from the Tohoverse....*blatantly starts hiting Jab in the ribs with his robo-elbow*
They all have Super-Speed. At least, they do when *I'M* watching these films :).
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:44 am
MacynSnow wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:41 am After Jab's done stating the Kaiju,he really should Build all the Major Humans(and my Wifus,the Fairies) from the Tohoverse....*blatantly starts hiting Jab in the ribs with his robo-elbow*
They all have Super-Speed. At least, they do when *I'M* watching these films :).
Dude,how many times i gotta tell you;Fast-forward doesn't count as Super-Speed....Besides,some of those Alien Invader stories were rather good :)
Jabroniville

Mechagodzilla (Heisei)

Post by Jabroniville »

SUPER MECHAGODZILLA (Mechagojira- Heisei Era)
Created By:
Shinichi Sekizawa
First Appearance: "Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla: Tokyo S.O.S." (1974)
Role: Opposite Colour Villain, Unstoppable Robot, Kid's Wet Dream
Size: 120 meters (390 feet)
PL 17 (280)
STRENGTH
22 STAMINA -- AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -- AWARENESS -- PRESENCE --

Skills:
Intimidation 16 (+11, +20 Size)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Improved Critical (Beam Weapon) 4, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 9, Startle, Takedown Attack 2, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 22 (Str & Toughness +22, +22 Mass, +11 Intimidation, -11 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -22 Stealth) -- (380 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [45]
Protection 6 (Extras: Impervious 31) [37]

"Mechanical Senses" Senses 4 (Low-Light & Infra Vision, Detect Radiation- Ranged) [4]
"Machine" Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
"Diamond Coating" Immunity 20 (Energy Damage) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [10]

"Garuda Attachment" (Flaws: Removable) (Feats: Restricted to Kaiju) [13]
"Maser Cannons" Blast 1 (Extras: Multiattack) (adds to Mega-Buster) (3)
Flight 6 (120 mph) (12)
-- (15 points)

"Tranquilizer Missiles" Blast 18 (Feats: Range 4) (Extras: Penetrating 16) Linked to Affliction 18 (Fort; Fatigued/Exhausted/Paralyzed) (Feats: Range 4) (Extras: Ranged, Multiattack) (114) -- [120]
  • AE: "Explosive Blast" Blast 17 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Burst +3) (82)
  • AE: "Mega-Buster Ray/Laser Eyes" Blast 25 (Feats: Extended Range 5- 3,200 feet) (Extras: Multiattack, Penetrating 16) (72)
  • AE: "Blast Line" Damage 17 (Feats: Variable Descriptor- Fire/Laser) (Extras: Area- 240ft. Line +3) (69)
  • AE: "Giant-Size Smash" Damage 17 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (51)
  • AE: "Power Force Field" Force Field 10 Linked to Energy Aura 20 (Flaws: Immobile -2) (30)
  • AE: "Electrical Grapplers" Snare 20 (Feats: Extended Range 3- 500 feet) (Flaws: Non-Cumulative) Linked to Blast 22 (84)
Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+22 Damage, DC 37)
Missiles +8 (+18 Ranged Damage & Affliction, DC 33 & 28)
Ranged Weapons +9 (+25 Ranged Damage, DC 40)
Area Attacks +17 Area (+17 Damage, DC 32)
Initiative -2

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +26 (+16 Impervious), Fortitude --, Will --

Complications:
Weakness (Robot/Cyborg)- As a machine, Mechagodzilla is more vulnerable to electrical attacks and magnetics than normal Kaiju. He is also under direct control of others at all times- he will shut down if no one is controlling him.
Disabled (Kaiju)- Mechagodzilla cannot speak to human, nor use his missile-fingers to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: -32 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 19 / Powers: 259 / Defenses: 26 (280)

-Heisei Mechagodzilla is even SCARIER than the Showa version, and one PL higher than even Heisei Godzilla himself, with a PL 16.5 Mega Buster from his mouth, and a PL 17 Maser Cannon from the Garuda ship that attaches to Mechagodzilla's back like a Removable Device that renders him "Super Mechagodzilla". Note that this machine (created by humans this time, and not aliens) is the one thing to actually FATALLY INJURE Godzilla himself, requiring Fire Rodan to sacrifice it's life to heal the main man. Thus, Super Mechagodzilla was destroyed. This guy's got so many weapons that most are basically the same (Multiattack Blast doing tons of damage), so the Plasma Grenade doesn't need a separate statline- the only odd thing is that the Maser Cannons of Garuda just boost the regular Blast- it seem silly to charge full points for what is basically doing slightly more damage than regular attacks.
scc

Post by scc »

So Mechagodzilla has 34 TGH with the force field? Damn! What is his defense when immobile? Would it be zero or -5 or something. Forget how the rules work for that.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

MG is OG, says HJ
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Toughness 38, actually... :shock:
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Okay,NOW i can Respect MG as something better than an Alien tinkertoy...