Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
HalloweenJack

Re: Gigan

Post by HalloweenJack »

MacynSnow wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:21 am
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:09 am

The wierdest combination of ideas ever....but looks AWE-INSPIRING when put together.Besides King Ghidorah,he's come the closest to killing Big G multiple times and only runs when G get's his second wind up...

oh yeah....except for that one guy....what's his name? MECHAGODZILLA

also let us have a moment of peace for Gigan, since Zone Fighter killed him
Last edited by HalloweenJack on Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab's Builds! (Mothra! Minilla! Anguirus! King Kong!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

kreuzritter wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:37 am
HalloweenJack wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:48 am
kreuzritter wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:42 am

He jock it made of steel.
Eat sushi from a pail...

Jet Jaguar? JET JAGUAR!
He mother never really love him...
He crimefighting cover up a basic insecurity
HalloweenJack

Re: Varan

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:28 am

-Varan actually had his OWN movie in 1958, but it wasn't a major smash (in fact, Wikipedia describes it as "one of the least successful Toho films of all time"), and so he got relegated to supporting roles thereafter, showing up to threaten Ghidorah (he didn't actually fight in Destroy All Monsters; his suit was far too damaged for more than just a stationary shot) and not much else.

-He's kind of odd-looking for a Kaiju, being rather thin and possessing membraneous wings that allow him go glide. Never mind that he weighs THOUSANDS OF TONS, so this makes even less sense than flying via wing-beats, but we crossed the line of realism ages ago with these guys. Varan was apparently part of an ancient species called "Varanopodes", and survived into modern times by sleeping at the bottom of a lake in Japan. He was awakened by scientists and went on the rampage, being stopped after the Japan Special Defense Force tricked him into eating a pair of explosives- he sank beneath the waves, and a mushroom cloud of water indicated his demise.

-Varan is a typical PL 14 Kaiju otherwise, but a bit weaker (PL 13.5 offensively, PL 13 defensively) than a few of the others.
interesting thing of note on the DAM Varan (the one monster I had no idea who it was when I first saw it): I've done some reading and scoured the net over the years, and apparently the Varan there is smaller than the other monsters and the previous Varan because it's supposed to be a younger monster. I don't know if there's any official confirmation of that but multiple sources seem to indicate that rather than it just being a smaller model made to look as it's in the background.

Headcanon time: It's Godzooky, which had imprinted on Godzilla a few decades before and followed him around ever since, growing very slowly....as ya do......I mean look at Minilla....
scc

Re: Jab's Builds! (Mothra! Minilla! Anguirus! King Kong! Gigan!)

Post by scc »

I am late to this party. I am a Godzilla fan but I am no expert on him by any means. One movie that does stick out for me when I was young was the one with Megalon and Gigan. I loved the character designs for both of them. So I totally agree with Shock.

I am not a big Mothra fan. Well mainly when it was in worm form kicking Godzillas ass with the lame silk stream. But I do love the Shobijin and the cute song they sang.

I never related to Minilla as a kid. Or Godzooky from the Godzilla cartoon. Or the lame kids my age from the Mr. T and D&D cartoons respectively. I just wanted King Ghidora to rip him into pieces with his three heads. Or perhaps that was for Godzooky. Or all the previous characters I mentioned. Well I got that off my chest. Nice builds by the way. ;)

On a side note you should watch the MST 3000 Netflix Yongary episode on Netflix. Let's just say the movie has some rectal bleeding. Now what Godzilla movie can claim that?
Jabroniville

Megaguirus

Post by Jabroniville »

Quote: "CCCCHHHHeeeeWOO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OOO-OOHH!!"

MEGAGUIRUS (Megagirasu- Heisei Era)
Created By:
??
First Appearance: "Godzilla vs. Megaguirus" (2000)
Role: Super Bug
Size: 50 meters (164 feet)
PL 15 (214)
STRENGTH
20 STAMINA 16 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills: 
Intimidation 12 (+10, +19 Size)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Benefit (Ambidexterity), Fast Grab, Improved Hold,  Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8, Startle, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 18 (Str & Sta +18, +18 Mass, +9 Intimidation, -9 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -18 Stealth) -- (170 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [37]
Protection 3 (Extras: Impervious 29) [32]

"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent) [3]
Flight 9 (1,000 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [9]
Speed +2 (30 mph) [2]
"Inertia-Less Flight" Concealment 2 (Vision) (Flaws: Limited to During Physical Attacks) [2]

"Plasma Ball" Blast 22 (Feats: Extended Range) (Extras: Penetrating 16) (64) -- [69]
  • AE: "Disrupt Signals" Affliction 15 (Tech. Skill of Designer; Impaired/Disabled/Transformed) (Extras: Area- 500ft. Burst +4) (Flaws: Limited to Electronic Signals) (60)
  • AE: "Sonic Vibration Wave" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 240ft. Cone +2) (45)
  • AE: "Terrorizing Gale" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Cone +2) (45)
  • AE: "Giant-Size Smash" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (45)
  • AE: "Tail Stinger" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Improved Critical) Linked to Affliction 20 (Fort; Fatigued/Exhausted/Incapacitated) (22)
Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+20 Damage, DC 35)
Plasma Ball +8 (+22 Ranged Damage, DC 37)
Stinger +9 (+21 Damage & +20 Affliction, DC 36 & 30)
Area Attacks +15 Area (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +19 (+15 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Megaguirus cannot speak, nor use her limbs to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: 6 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 154 / Defenses: 32 (214)

-Megaguirus continues a rather long theme in the modern era's Godzilla movies- the creature with a link to the past, created by Godzilla's own power. Megaguirus is descended from the Meganulons, the giant bugs Rodan ate in the Rodan movie, but powered-up by Godzilla's radiation at some point. It's basically a big giant bug, which I think is rather boring, since there's already been a dozen Mothras, plus Battra.

-Megaguirus is PL 15, challenging Millennium-Era Godzilla on an even level (particularly thanks to moving so quickly she could disappear from right in front of someone), but is also a Flier, Blaster & Affliction sort, draining Kaiju-sized monsters with its giant stinger. It's less durable than some, being crippled by Godzilla's bite, and she got blown up by Atomic Breath- her main advantage is the unreal defensive skills, as she deftly avoided the Atomic Breath up until that point- I mean, how many OTHER 168-foot monsters do you know of that have Dodge +10?
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I was kind of disappointed that the M.U.T.O of the MonsterVerse Godzilla film was revealed to be a wholly new daikaijū and not a redesigned Megaguirus... I had assumed it would be when I saw the concept art and the other early previews.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

The only reason it could dodge so well was because,as Awesome as Godzilla's Atomic Breath is,it's still a Straight line shot(has ANY TOHO MOVIE shown Godzilla being able to turn his head at all when he fires that thing?),so all you need do is wait till you see him power it up,then move...
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

well the past as in Toho dredged up something from Rodan.

In universe, Megaguirus was from an alternate dimension opened up by the JSDF's new black hole weapon.

and yeah, it was the last Godzilla movie I ever bought....because it is a kinda boring monster
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

MacynSnow wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:12 pm The only reason it could dodge so well was because,as Awesome as Godzilla's Atomic Breath is,it's still a Straight line shot(has ANY TOHO MOVIE shown Godzilla being able to turn his head at all when he fires that thing?),so all you need do is wait till you see him power it up,then move...
Alfred, fetch me my Bat-Soapbox! It's time to be pedantic.

In Godzilla (1954) and Godzilla's Counterattack! (1955), the Big "G" has more of a cone than the straight line it would evolve into in latter movies, since they are literally using an aerosol spray nozzle in a puppet head for the effect. Godzilla does move his head up and down, increasing or decreasing the distacne that the beam reaches from his body and even targeting aircraft. In King Kong vs. Godzilla (1961) it's still a cone, but becoming more linear, but he can still aim up and down. In Mothra vs. Godzilla (1964) its become completely linear and the Big "G" seems to have developed a stiff neck because he doesn't look up and down anymore... He actually has to be flat on his back the one time he blasts the airborne Mothra with it!

Ghidorah, the Three Headed Monster (1964) sees the big guy introduce some limited lateral movement, I'm thinking specifically of the time he "chases" a boat that's moving horizontal to him in the water; Invasion of Astro-Monster (1965) sees a return of his verticle mobility, as he can aim up and down again, this is especially notable in the scene when he fights Ghidorah on the surface of Planet X (Godzilla even ducks behind a rock formation and shoots from behind cover!)

There's no real notworthy changes in Godzilla's atomic breath until Godzilla vs. The Smog Monsters (1971), which introduces the... um... Yeah, no nice way to say it. Its the one where he fucking flies. SMDH.

Godzilla vs. Gigan (1972) is the first to show Godzilla lift his head up and turn to the side at the same time to blast a flying Gigan. He does it again in Godzilla vs. Megalon (1973).

Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1974) gives us a "Beam-O-War" between the two titular characters. But it is Terror of Mechaodzilla (1975) that really changes things up as Godzilla gets an atomic breath that is significantly wider at that base than any previous, its almost 30-45 degrees in arc.

Godzilla 1985 (1984) shows Godzilla sweep laterally across the entire habor.

Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (1991) has Godzilla blast Ghidorah in the feet then sweep veritically all the way up to his neck(s).

Godzilla vs. Megaguirus (2000) has Godzilla fire a beam 90 degrees straight up.

Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack (2001) and Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla (2002) have several lateral and verticle sweeps.

Godzilla: Final Wars (2004) has Godzilla do a full 360 degree spin while executing his spiral atomic breath attack to his a flying opponent!
Jabroniville

Manda

Post by Jabroniville »

MANDA (Manda- Showa Era)
Created By:
Tomoyuki Tamada
First Appearance: "Atragon" (1963)
Role: Undersea Monster, Background Character
Size: 150 meters (495 feet)
PL 14 (182)
STRENGTH
19 STAMINA 16 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills: 
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 11 (+9, +18 Size)

Advantages: 
Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Startle, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 19 (Str & Sta +19, +19 Mass, +9 Intimidation, -9 Dodge/Parry, +4 Speed) -- (168 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [39]
"Tremendous Length" Elongation 6 [6]
Protection 3 (Extras: Impervious 25) [28]

"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent) [3]
"Undersea Creature" Immunity 6 (Drowning, Pressure, Cold, Heat, Poison, Disease) [6]
"Snake-Like Movement" Movement 1 (Slithering) [2]
Swimming 10 (500 mph) [10]

"Giant-Size Smash" Damage 14 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Line +3) (56) -- [57]
  • AE: "Giant-Size Smash II" Damage 14 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (42)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+19 Damage, DC 34)
Area Attacks +14 Area (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Initiative -1

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +19 (+13 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +4

Complications:
Vulnerable/Power Loss (Electrical & Ice Attacks)- Attacks of either variety will surpass Manda's Impervious Toughness completely, and will do extra damage as well.
Disabled (Animal)- Manda cannot speak, nor use his claws to easily manipulate objects.
Responsibility (The Kingdom of Mu)- Manda guards the undersea kingdom of Mu.

Total: Abilities: -4 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 145 / Defenses: 29 (182)

-Manda's more of a hanger-on in the entire Godzillaverse, and never really appeared too much. He was a one-shot in a movie called Atragon, where he threatened the main characters' submarine for a bit before it was frozen with an ice beam. He appeared in Destroy All Monsters, along with the rest of the Toho crew. Despite that, he never actually DID anything in the big fight against Ghidorah, for reasons I can't quite figure out (difficulty "blocking" a scene with seven giant rubber-suited costumes plus a giant snake-puppet?). His next appearance was decades later in Final Wars, again threatening a submarine, where Don Frye's crew froze him in ice and then FLEW THROUGH HIM. That's right- this monster is such a weenie that he got killed by HUMANS. For SHAME, Manda, for SHAME. Silly snake Kaiju thingie.

-Manda is PL 14, and a fair bit weaker than the Godzilla crew in most ways (he's PL 13.5 defensively). He does less damage (even on his Area Attacks, of which he has a Line and a Burst because of his unique shape), has no Breath Weapons, and doesn't have a whole lot to him, but he is the best grappler around, and can Slither, so that's something.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Manda doesn't do much, but he does look hella cool though.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl: where the balls did you get all that? Ona website, or did you just memorize it while watching the movies?

Ps- Finally watched the 2014 film, which I bought when the local video store went out of business. It's... really boring. Too much Boring Human Crap. An hour till Monsters do stuff, and an HOUR AND A HALF until Godzilla actually does stuff. The fight scenes are in almost total darkness. The main guy is utterly boring with a squeaky voice, and Brian Cranston, though a fine actor (I remember noticing his Hal as the glue of Malcolm in the Middle even while the press was all for the more showy Lois character), always looks hilarious when he tries to act afraid. Even on Breaking Bad, supreme performance that it was, he looked cartoonish and googly-eyed when scared.

That Atomic Fire (which I guess can't be used often?) looked bitching, though.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Batgirl III wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:07 am Manda doesn't do much, but he does look hella cool though.
Yeah, I agree. Manda is cool in that Nessy way. 8-)
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:10 amBatgirl: where the balls did you get all that? Ona website, or did you just memorize it while watching the movies?
Did you think I was kidding when I said I own every Godzilla movie? :lol:
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

There is some deleted footage of Godzilla fighting Manda briefly in Destroy All Monsters.

The reason it's deleted is that Toho thought "Wait a second....why are two monsters the Kilaaks controlling fighting one another?" and scrapped it