Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
McGuffin

Re: Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice IC

Post by McGuffin »

Prestige
Hp: 1
Cnd: Angry

Blast Masters words dropped like a cold weight to the pit of Tobey's stomach. His hands fell limp to his sides while he numbly thought he heard a child crying for their parents in the distance.

Tobey's hands shook as he squeezed them tightly into fists. I thought it was over. It was supposed to over. Never again.

He flew through the air toward Blast Master, his hands suddenly shooting forward and he snarled out a spell, blind to his surroundings. "Lacigam Tsalb!" Twin beams of energy arced from his hands at the armored assailant.
Init: 1D20+1 = [3]+1 = 4
Extra effort for a second attackMagic Blast: 1D20+8 = [6]+8 = 14, 1D20+8 = [1]+8 = 9 Please drop this where appropriate in the turn order.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Inquisitor (Victoria Riese)
HP: 1
CND: Healthy

Vee looks at the officer and just shakes her head. She didn't have time to deal with that. Seeing the three armored soldiers, she got an idea to level the playing field some. Lowering her shoulder, the artificially powered up teen charges in intending to upend the truck itself before they could react.
Initiative: 1D20+4 = [12]+4 = 16
Athletics: 1D20+14 = [9]+14 = 23 'cause gotta go fast
Not sure how you wanna handle the truck upsetting, but I figure it probably falls inside 50 tons fully loaded, which is rank 11 mass, 3 under her Strength, so she should be able to lift it easily enough, and toss it like 500ft, but I am actually just using a charge action to attack the truck itself and knock it over. So lemme know if you need a roll for it or something.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Grace
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition- normal

'Okay, I am definitely going to need to get some grenades," Miranda thought to herself. One flash-bang into the truck where those soldiers were clustered would be a major improvement but well, needs must...

'And I am definitely too close,' she added mentally. After a quick glance she stepped back a bit- around a corner, convenient alley, whatever was there. Even before she had finished her first look, she pulled her hair into two plaits, a quick loose braid she tucked into her jacket. Down to one knee, cowl from bag to head, sweatshirt off, costume underneath. Not one motion wasted, but it still took precious seconds- though from the sound of things Blast Master was facing some other opposition...

>OOC:
Going to have to use the surprise action/ round to gear up- silly secret ID. Will also use Well-informed (investigation) on Blast Master, just a Routine check through Skill Mastery (Investigation), so a 19. Following that with an Assessment, also on Blast Master- if she doesn't have enough to go on yet, then this goes as soon as she does have enough data; it is a free action check (rolled by the GM in case she fails and gets a false reading) her Insight +9 vs. Blast Master's Deception. And last, once she is in costume next round and gets to join the party, an Initiative roll 1d20+5= 23; roll http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=207761
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Though Grace didn’t recognize Blast Master himself, she did recall Batgirl mentioning the suit that he was wearing. Designed by Regime scientists as a prototype for the making of other superhuman soldiers, the suit allowed its wearer to unleash blasts of energy - Batgirl had hypothesized that it was superheated plasma, but wasn’t entirely sure - and other various powers. It provided a strong defensive field, modeled on that of the power rings of the Sinestro Corps, but also needed to be charged on a regular basis - something to do with sunlight and the pink lines that crisscrossed the armor. The armor was likely the source of all of his powers, and if it was disabled, it would disempower him significantly, reducing the threat they faced.
Also, his attacks are lower than hers - indeed, all of the stats in question are lower save Will and Toughness, both of which are higher than Grace's.
As Inquisitor charged, the police cursed in shock, but her well-placed charge knocked the truck upwards. The soldiers inside gave plaintive wails as they felt back into the new bottom of the upended truck. Blast Master himself, meanwhile, toppled down to the ground, where he crashed heavily, though a flash of pink light seemed to spare him from the worst of the fall.
Because I thought it was cool, I won't make you roll for it this time. Next time, though I would ask you to roll Strength on the charge, or something like that.

Now people can start posting their actions, though I should say that the Regime Soldiers go before everyone but Grace, at the moment.
Awaken

Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC IC
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Safely costumed up, Miranda moved forward towards the fighting, prowling from cover to cover- corner to postal box to car to truck. The sight of the supply truck being knocked over like a child's toy was impressive enough- and she thought she was safe enough in assuming that the woman who did it was not on Blast Master's side...

Slipping the the stopped vehicles and the wreckage, she moved into throwing range of the fallen guy in battle armor. It looked like those pink lines on the armor might be power conduits, and the armor was definitely his weak point- but simply shouting that out across the battle field didn't seem like a great idea. She readied one of her surplus batrangs- if it looked like that woman was going to continue after Blast Master, a distraction would help her out...

>OOC: As noted in the OOC, I can post, but not roll dice, so I'll Ready an Aid action to let things proceed.
-Move: to someplace within throwing range of Blast Master (hopefully out of easy sight of the Regime gunners- there ought to be enough stopped vehicles around)
-Standard: Ready an Action, in this case to Aid Inquisitor if she makes a melee attack on Blast Master. In this case, it moves my initiative to just before Inquisitor. Strictly speaking, I'll need to roll if this happens, but I can only fail on a natural 1, since I need a 10 with a +17 bonus)- I'll post the roll when I get home. If the Aid succeeds, Inquisitor gets a +5 attack bonus on top of the +5 from Blast Master being prone. I'll also try to get another IC post up after the gunners, to set this up better.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Grace easily darted from one stopped car to the next, her foes seeing nothing more than the glowing fliers and the young woman that just tossed a truck like it was little more than paper mâché. Even as the shadow moved from one hiding spot to the next, the gunners chose their targets - one aimed at Inquisitor, unleashing a blast that struck her squarely in the chest, before fanning out and taking cover behind a car door - moving further away from the upended truck and Blast Master.

The next two aimed at Green Lantern, cursing and shouting for their comrades in the upended truck. One of them seemed distracted, as his blast went wide, while the other aimed more carefully and blasted her in the shoulder.

The final Remnant soldier ran towards Blast Master, kneeling down and lifting him to his feet. She barked an order at her comrades. "Fan out! Watch for explosions!"
So Inquisitor and GL need to roll Toughness vs. DC 23. The three in the truck aren't able to do anything, 'cause the only opening is pointed directly upwards at the moment. The one that shot Inquisitor is now about twenty odd feet from Grace, and thirty odd from GL and Prestige.
Awaken

pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Grace
HP: !; LP: 1; Condition: normal

(OOC: This is Miranda's Readied action- it triggers if/when Inquisitor moves into melee range of Blast Master; if she doesn't, then Miranda takes no action)

IC: Just as the armored man began to react to the figure rushing towards him, an oddly-shaped piece of metal came practically out of nowhere, right at his faceplate- he didn't have to move much for it to miss, just enough to distract him for a critical second for the tremendously strong woman to line up her shot...

>OOC again: This is the Aid action (DC 10), using her Batarang attack 1d20+17= 37; roll http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=207897
What a waste of a perfectly good crit/ natural 20. Still, if this goes off, Inquisitor gets a +5 to her attack since Miranda has Teamwork. Critical success on an Aid action doesn't have any extra effect (unless the GM wants it too)- it is an attack CHECK, but not an actual attack and doesn't normally actually hit. Also, Miranda will make use of the Ricochet 2 property of the batarang to obscure exactly where it cam from (bounce it off a car or two to shift direction)
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

CND: 1 Damage

Now that the element of surprise was spent, well spent in her opinion with the taking some of the soldiers at least temporarily out of the situation, Vee turns her attention on the armor-clad Blast Master. "Hey you, with the obnoxiously yellow armor! You are spoiling a lot of peoples' perfectly good afternoon with your wanna-be Regime resurgence nonsense. I'm gonna give you one chance to power down your weapons and surrender quietly." She winced as sudden blaster fire singed her cloths and the skin under it, but it wasn't a serious injury.

It wasn't really a play at intimidation, so much as just laying the card on the table. Give them a chance to surrender after seeing her flip an armored truck on its side and deprive him of a few of his soldiers, and if they refuse, because of course they will, then she gets to let loose a little bit. From Blast Master's side, it would be obvious this civilian-looking girl who just flipped his truck is in a readied stance to charge at him.
I know he's not going to surrender, but I'm doing it this way for dramatic purposes, so I'm gonna roll the attack he's obviously going to trigger when I prepare to charge him should his response be anything other than powering down his weapons and surrendering.

Switching Vee's array to Mind Reading, to see if she can pick any useful intel off this guy if she hits. Accurate Attack +4, Mind Reading (DC25 Toughness, DC20 Will): 1D20+10 = [4]+10 = 14, and +5 from the assist, which might just hit!

Edit: Forgot my toughness check. Toughness: 1D20+14 = [5]+14 = 19 One degree. Not worth rerolling.
Last edited by EpicEclipse on Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

GREEN LANTERN

Toughness DC 23: 1D20+13 = [15]+13 = 28

That man, the county sheriff. Janet didn't know him, obviously, but he could be someone's husband, or someone's... father. The Green Lantern had to make sure if there was something she could do for him. She was blasted by someone who was apparently in a rush to get his butt kicked, but fortunately the force field provided by the Ring protected the teenage girl.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

The Police and Blast Master acted simultaneously - the one of the two remaining police officers fired his pistol at the Regime soldiers, which went wide, while the other used her radio, demanding backup. "Shotgun's down! Get a SWAT team here ASAP! There are costumed adventurers engaging with the threat!"

Blast Master simply sneered at Inquisitor's offer of surrender. "Surrender? To you, Insurgent?" He snarled, his hands flaring with energy. "Leave the sleep-talk for when you're asleep!"

Inquisitor's charge as a reaction made him chuckle, as though he were ready for it - but then the batarang came flying from behind, striking him in the head, and her fist landed squarely on his jaw. The impact of her attack sent him spinning, and he spat blood as he came back around, cursing at her. "You're dead!"

With a gesture, he summoned up pink glowing spikes from the ground, which were clearly intended to entrap her for him to make good his escape.
DC 19 Dodge Affliction - Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobile.
Also, Blast Master now has 1 damage on him, and is dazed.
As Prestige swooped down to blast him, however, Blast Master evaded neatly, smirking. "No chance, kid. I'm the Blast Master, y'see!"
Last edited by endwaar on Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awaken

EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Victoria was not going to let herself get all bound up that easily. She makes a narrow escape from the pink energy bands before they can fully close in, though it does force her back, muttering internally about not being able to get any information. Well, that would change after she, and these others who also showed up, beat him down.

(For the record, Victoria is actually not costumed at this point. Still in her civvies.)
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

GREEN LANTERN
Condition: Normal

"Ring," Janet commanded, "run scan!"

The young hero pointed her Ring at the sheriff, projecting a cone of green light over him. The Ring scanned his body, giving Janet a diagnosis on the injuries he had sustained. The girl may not be able to treat him herself, but the information she could gain might help someone who could. As she did this, she gave herself and the patient some cover, generating a large medical curtain that spread out, putting Janet and the sheriff on one side and the remnants of the Regime on the other.
Free Action to switch my Ring Abilities array from Universal Translator to Scanning Beam. Move Action to set the Variable to the following:
Long Range Health Scan: Senses 5 (Ranged Detect Health, Analytical, Extended 2); 5 PP
Health Scan Perception: 1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25
Well, hopefully that's good enough to know if he's not dead. If making the Perception check is another Move Action and not a Free Action, I'll have to use Extra Effort for an additional action to use Create for the curtain. Using Force Objects (Create 13), so the object has a Toughness of 13.
Last edited by Bill from Accounting on Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

"Subject deceased." The ring replied after a moment's scan, confirming her dread. "Burns penetrated into subject's lungs approximately six seconds ago, sending him into shock, which killed him."

The police outside her medical curtain seemed surprised and somewhat displeased about this turn of events. "You're a Green Lantern right? Thanks, but could you go grab that bomber before he blows something else up?' The female officer who radioed in demanded.
Back to the top of the initiative order! Also, I'll rule that the perception check's a free action in this case, so Janet's not fatigued.
Awaken

endwaar

Post by endwaar »

The female Remnant trooper, the one that had helped Blast Master up, turned to run away from Inquisitor, only to do a double take, and look at something on the ground. "Sir! He's here!" She pointed at something on the ground - a Batarang, before darting away, her blaster rifle held at the ready in case the dreaded Batman, Bruce Wayne, came from the shadows.

The other three opened fire, one blasting away at Prestige in a panic, whilst the other two fired at the police officers. Prestige easily avoided the blast, but the police officers weren't so lucky - one was struck squarely in the chest, whilst the other's head was struck by the lucky shot. Both collapsed, dying or dead. "Die, Insurgents!" The gunner shouted.

Blast Master, meanwhile, stumbled away from Inquisitor, his hands crackling with power. "Come out, Batman! Or do you fear to face the Regime that you so foully betrayed?"
Blast Master and the gunner with him moved well away from Inquisitor - about thirty feet each, different directions. Blast Master has readied an action to blast whoever he sees moving next, which may be Grace, or may be Inquisitor.
Awaken

EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

HP: 1 -> 0

Victoria was hardly concerned about Blast Master's blasters thanks to her enhanced durability as she moves towards the yellow-armored villain. She intended to knock Blast Master out, then find out what he knew. It was what her was locked up and experimented on to do after all... "You had you chance....now you can face what your precious Regime created."

Inquisitor jogs the last few steps, rearing back her fist, tanking through whatever Blast Master throws at her to clobber him good.
Without knowing what he attacks with or the DC, I may need to edit my post, but I'm fairly confident Vee can in fact tank through whatever Blast Master throws at her as long as it's a damage effect. Afflictions....maybe not as much.

Vee's going to focus on taking Blast Master down, so is switching to psychic onslaught.
Accurate Attack +4 Psychic Onslaught (DC25 Toughness, DC20 Will / Impaired, Disabled, Incapacitated): 1D20+10 = [4]+10 = 14 Yeah...gonna reroll this one.
Psychic Onslaught reroll: 1D20+10 = [1]+10 = 11 Wow... well, with the +10 for rolling less than 11, that becomes 21 to hit.
Last edited by EpicEclipse on Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.