Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
McGuffin

Re: Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

Post by McGuffin »

Covering the retreat of the non-combatant civilians, maybe shocking the cavalry enough to deterr any immediate pursuit from them, I assume.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

McGuffin wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:23 am Covering the retreat of the non-combatant civilians, maybe shocking the cavalry enough to deterr any immediate pursuit from them, I assume.
McGuffin's right on the money for this.Basic plan is to Unseat as many Riders as possible in for one turn in order to prevent faster persuit.Given the timeframe,Calvary is the most lethal thing a General can field,so if we can route them(or at the least stall them) we'll be able to make it to Owari without being harrassed and attacked the entire way....
Camus

Post by Camus »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:18 am
Bill from Accounting wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:26 am Initiative: 1D20+6 = [6]+6 = 12

Jingu automatically ties Yahata's Initiative, putting him at 12. Since they tie, highest Dodge bonus goes first, meaning Jingu goes before Yahata in Initiative.
Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:59 pm Twelve pounds is a little over a gallon of oil. Not enough to make the barrier that the war god could want.
Soyokaze could power stunt something to produce more, maybe something like...
Transform 8 (X into Oil, 200 lbs.; Continuous, Precise, Innate, Activation); 25 PP

giving us roughly 25 gallons, even more if you add on any additional flaws. Enough to maybe frighten the horses, at least. Buuuuut producing 200+ lbs of oil from just the alchemical reagents Soyokaze carries on him might be a stretch of the imagination, and ultimately it's Flynarrel's choice. It's one of the struggles of the play-by-post environment. More involved plans depending on the coordination of several players are difficult to form without the back-and-forth being at a table offers. Either way though I'm more than happy to flaunt some strength in a more straight-forward fight. :)
That much oil's kind of a stretch. If Soyokaze was to power stunt it'd be to make it so everyone avoids a fight, given the pacifist's nature, not to burn enemy soldiers alive.

Just so I know, why are we standing and fighting now? What's our goal? I totally get that the fighty types deserve a chance to flex their mighty thews, I'm cool with that, I'm just curious what the end-goal is.
Basically because the raiders would catch up with you if you decided to run to Owari, which was the plan, as I understood it. Actually Dai Jin was willing to slow the horses down for you to escape, but leaving her behind seems to be a poor choice. Also Hama's move others would be done with, so you couldnt outrun the horses, unless she power stunts again, which given the fatigue would be risky.
On that note, Hama could use the recovery action now, but she wouldnt be able to use it in the fight.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

I've done a crash-course (IE, read a wikipedia page) on Japanese honorifics and will be implementing them in Hama's speech from here on. If I use one weirdly, do let me know.

I'm also revving up the banter here, because I see Hama as the type prone to friendly verbal sparring. If you'd like me to exclude your character from this, just say it and it shall be done.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nunya B wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:07 pm I've done a crash-course (IE, read a wikipedia page) on Japanese honorifics and will be implementing them in Hama's speech from here on. If I use one weirdly, do let me know.

I'm also revving up the banter here, because I see Hama as the type prone to friendly verbal sparring. If you'd like me to exclude your character from this, just say it and it shall be done.
I will see your Banter good sir, and raise you with Flirtation... ;)
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

And I mock and heckle.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Also Hama's move others would be done with, so you couldnt outrun the horses, unless she power stunts again, which given the fatigue would be risky.
On that note, Hama could use the recovery action now, but she wouldnt be able to use it in the fight.
A power stunt lasts the scene or until the array is reassigned. We could have kept vaulting all afternoon.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:02 pm A power stunt lasts the scene or until the array is reassigned. We could have kept vaulting all afternoon.
The cavalry arriving might be the transition from an exploration scene to a combat scene?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nunya B wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:09 pm
Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:02 pm A power stunt lasts the scene or until the array is reassigned. We could have kept vaulting all afternoon.
The cavalry arriving might be the transition from an exploration scene to a combat scene?
Oh,it'll DEFINITELY be a Combat scene,have no dought of that...
Camus

Post by Camus »

Nunya B wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:09 pm
Yeah entering combat changes the scene. Perhaps I should have mentioned it explicitly. Sorry about that!
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Camus

Post by Camus »

Combat has started. Also, in case no one noticed, I usually include stuff in the "subject" of posts. Like the name of this battle
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Thanks for the map, it's a nice touch.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Raider number 12 is gonna loose that foot, one way or another
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

If i "loosed Arrows" now,with the Raiders just in range,would it be considered an Ambush(assuming they don't know we're here) or my actual action?

And FYI,i'm not a 'True' Tactical Junkie.I just so happen to know a lot about Medival Warfare and played all the Valkyria Chronicles games... :D
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:09 pm Raider number 12 is gonna loose that foot, one way or another
I think Raider 12 has more to worry about than that foot now.... :lol: