World of Freedom 3.2 - Whatever Comes To Mind

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Davies

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Splotch! Card Seeker Wakaba! The Sentinels (updated)!

Post by Davies »

greycrusader wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:29 am Tremendous job in writing the background and statistics of Mistress Oblivion-if you're good with it, I' like to link to it when I post my notes on The Oblivion Knight in my Rogues Gallery thread. While I envisioned "her" as more an abstract PL X entity (essentially another avatar/aspect of the Entropy god worshiped by Omega), your take as a peer of the Lord of the Terminus is equally worthy.
Please go right ahead. The main reason I didn't go that way is that I prefer to think that Omega's Entropy is a typical blind idiot god, completely unaware of its worshippers ... which doesn't go well with it having multiple incarnations.
greycrusader wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:29 am In fact, I've been greatly enjoying all your characters-the Dirty Pair ersatzes perhaps the most, save their Bad Luck Affliction would have to be a LOT more potent to reflect the carnage left behind by the Pair...
Well, Kei and Yuri are a lot more capable in general. :D Also consider that they can, even if they usually don't, power stunt a Burst Area 2 Damage effect off of it ... <mimes explosions>
greycrusader wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:29 am Great to see Splotch and his family included as well! I'm not sure if you were aware, but I was a big contributor to the old ATT threads which expanded the Halt Evil Doer! campaign setting.
I wasn't when I wrote it, but I took the opportunity to scroll through some of those threads once I'd posted it, and saw your name in quite a few places. Nice work.

That ... was kind of a personal one, for me, and became more so because of events well beyond my control.

Anyway. Thanks! After I finish the Sentinels,
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Davies

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Splotch! Card Seeker Wakaba! The Sentinels (updated)!

Post by Davies »

Kid Robot (as of June 2016)

Up until now, it's been suggested that the quest to obtain and use the Progenitor Stones was a largely bloodless affair, with no one on the forces of good suffering death or serious injury. This is only partially true, however. Closer to the fullness of truth is that no one suffered permanent death. And the fact that this has become an option is becoming a concern to certain people.

During one phase of the quest, several of the heroes were subjected to visions of their dreams fulfilled, and Kid Robot -- or Kevin, as he thinks of himself -- saw himself as a normal boy, having a normal life with his friend Kimmy*. The vision became very strange after a certain point, portraying him as a young man and Kimmy as a young woman, and things happened that Kevin has decided not to think about at the present. In any event, the implication was that he could abandon the quest and have the vision become reality, or continue the quest and possibly never have that opportunity again.

The visions assailing his teammates were no less confusing to them than Kevin's own, and so it was that he was the first to reject the offer. The situation portrayed in the vision was too vague to be taken seriously, lacking in details that would explain how the situation it depicted came about. Even though it did appeal, the present situation was more important, and Kevin pressed on -- to be rather vindictively blasted by the artifact containing the Precursor Stone, blowing him to pieces.

Fortunately, the sight of his death rallied the rest of his team, and they were able to overcome the defense system and obtain the stone. His friends sadly gathered his remains and proceeded with the mission. Once it was over, and the Freedom League and Sentinels alliance returned to the Lighthouse, a small army of experts in the field of artificial intelligence, including Andrea Atom, Frederik Zane, and Solo Takeshi, began studying the pieces in hopes of putting them back together again.

For a wonder, they succeeded. Kid Robot returned to life with no awareness that any time had passed between his loss of consciousness and the restoration of it. And the exact steps required to accomplish this were recorded, so it would seem likely that similar episodes can be recovered from in the future.

Understandably, Dr. Hallemier, while happy that her son was saved in this way, is concerned that Kevin might start taking more risks now that he knows that he can be repaired from seemingly permanent destruction. Kevin has picked up on this and has tried to reassure Natalie that he's much less likely to do so now that he's experienced 'death'. He can't quite articulate his reasons for feeling this way, as he's aware that they're not very logical-sounding -- since he didn't experience anything between the cessation and restoration of his consciousness, why does he feel afraid of that moment of non-experience?

The experience has resulted in a few changes to his systems -- the removal of certain limiters, subtle modifications to his force field, and a small but measurable increase in his height. This has led to Natalie and Harry discussing whether to make major upgrades to Kevin's chassis to represent the growth spurt that normal children go through in adolescence. Until now, Kevin preferred to stay out of these discussions as his ideas on how to change himself are more radical than either of his parents realize. But now, when the topic came up, Kevin indicated that he very much does want to be taller.

Kid Robot -- PL 11

Abilities: STR 0 | STA -- | AGL 4 | DEX 6 | FGT 2 | INT 4 | AWE 2 | PRE 0
Powers: Armored Chassis (Protection 4), Artificial Intelligence (Immunity 20 [mental effects]), Can Be Rebuilt (Immortality 10, Technology Check [DC 20] Required), Construct (Immunity 30 [Fortitude Effects]), Force Field (Sustained Impervious Protection 8), Force Flight (Enhanced Strength 4, Limited to lifting, Quirk [only when flying]; Flight 7), Force Generation (Array: Line Area 2 Damage 8, AP: Ranged Damage 11, Accurate 2, AP: Ranged Multattack Damage 7, Accurate 3, AP: Burst Area 2 Damage 8, AP: Deflect 8), Sensors (Senses 7 [extended vision penetrates concealment, extended hearing, radio]), Short (Permanent Shrinking 4, Innate).
Advantages: Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack
Skills: Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+6), Expertise: Science 4 (+8), Intimidation 0 (-2 from Shrinking), Perception 6 (+8), Stealth 2 (+10), Technology 6 (+10).
Offense: Initiative +8, Unarmed +6 (Close Damage 0), Force Blast +11 (Ranged Damage 11), Force Bolts +13 (Ranged Multiattack Damage 7), Force Drill -- (Line Area Damage 8), Force Burst -- (Burst Area Damage 8).
Defense: Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 12/4, Will 6
Totals: Abilities 28 + Powers 135 + Advantages 3 + Skills 11 + Defenses 14 = 191 points
Complications: Acceptance--Motivation. Enemy. Family. Friend. Naive. Responsibility (student).

* See Everyone: This is Kevin, by Eytal Bernstein.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Rocky (as of June 2016)

For Rocky, the biggest revelation of the whole celestial quest business had to his discovery that he has stopped aging -- which he found out when a version of him from five hundred years in the future showed up to collar a time travelling villain who'd attempted to lay claim to one of the stones. The two didn't have time to talk, beyond the other Rocky's warning that he was just from a future that might happen. Honestly, Rocky had been too bewildered by this development to start getting overconfident, but he did appreciate the warning.

It's definitely making him look at things differently. Rocky is probably the Sentinel most devoted to going out to stop street crime, or possibly he's tied with Dragoneye. Consequently, he notices a lot of the changes that are happening down on the streets, like small businesses closing their doors, new boutique stores opening up and then closing down really quickly, or even just new cracks in the streets that someone's going to have to repair, eventually. And these are the changes that have happened in his neighborhood just in the few short years he's been going out on his missions. How are things going to look next year, a decade from now ... a century from now?

And even without that, there've been some real changes that he's only now starting to notice. He still gets asked for autographs every time he goes out, but now the focus is much more on 'autograph of a superhero' than 'autograph of a fallen celebrity'. It's so rare for him to get 'knock your block off' jokes these days that he actually found himself laughing the last time someone used that line on him. For good or ill, he's become as beloved a citizen as Princess, and while nobody knows better than Rocky how quickly that kind of fame can turn to notoriety, he's determined to use it as a tool to help people as much as possible, and he uses his image to draw attention to deserving charities.

That had some interesting reprecussions, recently, when he came under attack by Granite and Pyre of the Factor Four a few weeks ago. Owing to their sneak attack, Granite got in enough good hits on Rocky to leave him on the ropes and looking a lot worse than he actually was. He was almost as surprised as the two villains were when, like something out of the finale of Streets of Fire, a number of the civilians in the area showed up to try and beat the stuffing out of the people who had the nerve to beat up their Rocky! While the distraction allowed him to turn the tables and give Granite a good clobbering, and send Pyre flying off to get picked up by Vortex shortly afterwards, Rocky is now a bit concerned that people could get themselves really hurt 'coming to his rescue'.

Well, the only solution to that is to keep training so they don't have to do that, and Rocky's mastered quite a few new 'tricks' in the last little while. Maybe folks like Centuria and Thunderbolt are stronger than he is, but he doesn't think any of them have explored just what you can do with simple strength and the toughness it takes to use that strength effectively as much as he has. (Rocky's not aware that he actually duplicates a lot of the stunts that the Human Tank was famous for, seventy years ago, but since he really doesn't know, he's not imitating anybody. One of the Crimson Katanas, on the other hand, is very aware ...)

Rocky -- PL 11

Abilities: STR 14 | STA 14 | AGL 2 | DEX -1 | FGT 8 | INT 2 | AWE 2 | PRE 4
Powers: Makeshift Handholds (Movement 1 [wall-crawling], Limited to surfaces of Toughness 14 or less), Powerful Legs (Leaping 5; Speed 4), Stone Man (Feature 4 [Mass Rank 4]; Immunity 9 [aging, cold, critical hits, disease, heat, poison, pressure, radiation, vacuum]; Sustained Immunity 2 [suffocation], Quirk [limited to approximately 30 minutes at a time]; Impervious Toughness 14), Strength Tricks (Array [Based on Strength Damage]: Sustained Immunity 10 [being moved], AP: Burst Area Damage 11, Limited to targets in contact with the same ground as self, AP: Burst Area Affliction 11 [Resisted by Fortitude; Vulnerable, Prone], Instant Recovery, Limited Degree, Limited to targets in contact with the same ground as self, AP: Progressive Affliction 7 [Resisted by Fortitude; Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated], Grab-Based, AP: Burst Area Affliction 7 [Resisted by Fortitude; Dazed and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Stunned], Extra Condition, Limited Degree), Super-Strength (Enhanced Strength 1, Only for lifting).
Advantages: All-out Attack, Benefit 3 (Status: Big in Japan, Status: Former celebrity, Well-off), Connected, Diehard, Great Endurance, Improved Grab, Improved Smash, Interpose, Languages 1 (Japanese), Power Attack, Takedown, Ultimate Effort 2 (Toughness checks, Fortitude checks).
Skills: Athletics 2 (+16), Expertise: Art 6 (+8), Expertise: Performance 4 (+8), Insight 6 (+8), Intimidation 8 (+12), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 6 (+10), Ranged Combat: Throwing 8 (+7), Stealth 4 (+6), Treatment 4 (+6), Vehicles 4 (+3).
Offense: Initiative +2, Unarmed +8 (Close Damage 14).
Defense: Dodge 6, Parry 8, Fortitude 16, Toughness 14, Will 6.
Totals: Abilities 90 + Powers 44 + Advantages 16 + Skills 29 + Defenses 10 = 189 points
Complications: Responsibility--Motivation. Accident. Enemy (Granite). Fame.

Author's Note: One key difference between my universe and a typical comic book universe is that the bystanders are generally people worth risking your neck.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Davies wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:29 pmAuthor's Note: One key difference between my universe and a typical comic book universe is that the bystanders are generally people worth risking your neck.
Can I live in your world for a while?
Davies

Post by Davies »

Arkrite wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:21 am
Can I live in your world for a while?
<sad smile> You'll have to get in line.
RainOnTheSun

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - The Geist! The Centurion Through The Ages! The Republic Alliance!

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Davies wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:14 pm
RainOnTheSun wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:47 am But now I want to make a Washu for the Freedom universe...
If I were ever going to use the Norn (from Time of Crisis) -- whom the Cosmic Handbook describes as "sometimes shift[ing] in appearance
from youthful to aged" -- in one of my games,
Do you have a game, these days? A face to face one, maybe? I miss having one of those.
Davies

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - The Geist! The Centurion Through The Ages! The Republic Alliance!

Post by Davies »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:39 am
RainOnTheSun wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:47 am But now I want to make a Washu for the Freedom universe...
If I were ever going to use the Norn (from Time of Crisis) -- whom the Cosmic Handbook describes as "sometimes shift[ing] in appearance
Do you have a game, these days? A face to face one, maybe? I miss having one of those.
I'm afraid not, and I don't trust myself to run a pbp, either.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Davies wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:45 am
RainOnTheSun wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:39 am

Why not?I I personally think you'd be a really good GM...
Davies

Post by Davies »

MacynSnow wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:47 am
Davies wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:45 am
RainOnTheSun wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:39 am Do you have a game, these days? A face to face one, maybe? I miss having one of those.
Why not?I I personally think you'd be a really good GM...
I'll just leave this here, all right?

Tomorrow (or technically later today): A member of the Sentinels who hasn't reached PL 11, because not everyone levels up at the same time.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Dragoneye (as of June 2016)

While some of the Sentinels are coping with the idea of their powers continuing to grow, others have had to face the fact that they've plateaued. Dragoneye is one of the latter. As a consequence of this, and the fact that he had no idea whether or not his magic would continue to function outside of Earth's solar system, Dragoneye was given command of the Sentinels' 'earth team' when most of the team departed on the Precursor Stones quest. Between himself, Mongrel, Firepower, Tenfold and Justicar -- aided a bit by Minerva at one point -- the group was able to keep Emerald City's criminal element from realizing that the majority of the Sentinels were gone until they'd actually come back.

Larry has come to accept that, while his ability to use the Dragon's power might continue to grow, and he might learn new ways to use it, the actual power granted him by the Dragon will probably never increase. This is simply how the Dragon does things, and asking for explanations is like talking to the wind and rain. Then again, considering the madness brought on by Feng-li's acceptance of power from a dragon who does continue to grant more and more power to its medium, Larry has considered that he might actually be lucky.

He has had several confrontations with Feng-Li, or the Dragon Lady as she calls herself. (He was horrified by her use of such a cliched name that reeks of racist overtones, but given that she chose that over the Resplendent Vulva and Womb of the True Great Dragon, he understands that particular choice.) Often, he's had to get bailed out by his friends, and once by the travelling mage called Zalman, but he has managed to overcome her alone a few times as well. But he has never had any luck in capturing her, and can only take what cold comfort is possible from the fact that she's left the Tong in a shambles, forcing many of its leaders to seek police protection.

Dragoneye was one of the first mystical allies that Zalman sought out, and they've worked together very well, such as when they joined forces (aided by a young druid named Rhiannon, who volunteered herself as bait) to magically imprison Blackthorn. Zalman urged Dragoneye to consider beginning the quest to become the new Master Mage, but a quick divination revealed that the Dragon did not desire that its medium seek that position. The Dragon is a powerful, neutral force in the conflict between natural law and ephemera, and does not intend to have its servant take a side in that struggle. Assisting those on either side is acceptable, however, and since Larry's own inclinations lead him to support the powers of order, the matter seems resolved. For now.

Dragoneye -- PL 10

Abilities: STR 1 | STA 1 | AGL 1 | DEX 3 | FGT 3 | INT 3 | AWE 6 | PRE 4
Powers: Astral Projection (Array: Remote Sensing 20 [auditory, visual, mental], Dimensional 3, Side Effect [body is defenseless and immobile], AP: Flight 9, Subtle AND Sustained Impervious Protection 11, Subtle 2), Dragoneye Open (Senses 4 [hyper-extended radius mystical awareness]), Dragon Channelling (Array: Ranged Damage 12, AP: Cone Area Affliction 10 [Resisted by Will; Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated], AP: Auditory Perception Area Affliction 10 [Resisted by Will; Entranced, Compelled, Controlled], AP: Affects Objects Energizing Healing 6, AP: Deflect 8, AP: Moveable Create 8, AP: Nullify Magic 8, Broad, Simultaneous).
Advantages: Accurate Attack, Fearless, Languages 1 (Mandarin), Ranged Attack 5, Ritualist, Trance.
Skills: Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+6), Deception 4 (+8), Expertise: Magic 15 (+18), Expertise: Streetwise 8 (+11), Insight 10 (+16), Intimidation 6 (+10), Perception 8 (+14), Persuasion 8 (+12), Sleight of Hand 4 (+7).
Offense: Initiative +1, Unarmed +6 (Close Damage 1), Dragon's Breath +8 (Ranged Damage 12), Dragon's Roar -- (Cone Area Will 10), Dragon's Soothing Voice -- (Auditory Perception Area Will 10).
Defense: Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 8, Toughness 12/1, Will 12.
Totals: Abilities 44 + Powers 77 + Advantages 10 + Skills 33 + Defenses 25 = 189 points
Complications: Responsibility--Motivation. Enemy (Dragon Lady). Power Loss (unable to use Dragon Channeling if unable to speak or move hands).
Last edited by Davies on Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Ultramarine (as of June 2016)

The biggest change in Veronica Steeley's life came a few months before the Precursor Stones quest, when she and Victor, supported by a heavy contingent of AEGIS troopers, raided the Trident's Sea-cave after the Rook discovered its location on a different mission. All three members of the Trident were arrested, and, while Trawler has managed to escape captivity and start up new operations in Argentina, Steelhead and Coral Snake remain incarcerated. In the process, a DNA test confirmed that Bradford Steeley shares a set of grandparents with her, making it a near-certainty that he's actually her half-brother.

That was all secondary, however, to what happened when Coral Snake poisoned Victor during the raid. Ultramarine knocked the serpent woman out with a furious blow in the instant after she bit Victor, but he continued to stiffen into a stone-like state even after Coral Snake was unconscious. Fortunately, AEGIS' medical team had antivenoms that strengthened Victor's already remarkable fortitude enough to fight off the poison's effects before it turned him completely into stone, but it was a very close call. The panic that Veronica felt when she thought her teammate was dying forced her to realize that she wasn't just slightly attracted to him, but actually pretty deeply in love.

She kept that realization to herself for a while, as Victor was clearly not even aware that Ultramarine was a woman, much less a woman that he'd met in her civilian identity several times. It wasn't until Victor decided to leave the Sentinels in order to join the Freedom League that Veronica finally decided that she'd had enough of this, revealed her true identity to Victor (and all the other Sentinels and much of the Freedom League in the process) and told him how she felt. The ensuing silence was broken by Vortex shouting, "Kiss her, you brilliant fool!" When he was still hesitating, she took the initiative, to crazy applause.

Victor didn't change his mind about joining the Freedom League, but the two of them are exploring a long-distance relationship. Most of Veronica's other friends have noticed that she's in a much better mood lately, but put it down to the fact that Brad's in jail. Where all this is going, she doesn't know, but she's definitely enjoying the trip.

With Daedelus' departure, Ultramarine found herself the top powered armor expert on Earth -- for a few months, before the crazy bastard who calls himself the Grundekyzer showed up. Having reluctantly worked with him a few times, she has a fairly good suspicion about his true identity, but has only shared it with Princess, to get her read on the situation. As yet, they've both decided to hold off on going to the Freedom League with their suspicion, since the Grundekyzer is fighting legitimate threats, even if he may or may not be profiting from them as well ...

Ultramarine -- PL 11

Abilities: STR 10/0 | STA 9/3 | AGL 2 | DEX 3 | FGT 4 | INT 5 | AWE 2 | PRE 2
Powers: (All Removable) Armored Exoskeleton (Enhanced Stamina 6; Feature [conceals identity]; Protection 4; Impervious Toughness 6), Battlesuit Arnament (Array: Enhanced Strength 10, AP: Ranged Damage 10, AP: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 6 [Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage; Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobilized), Extra Condition, Limited Degree, Accurate 2, AP: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 6 [Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; Dazed and Impaired, Stunned and Disabled], Extra Condition, Limited Degree, AP: Burst Area Concentration Damage 10, Limited to within water), Computer Controls (Enhanced Advantages [Close Attack 4, Ranged Attack 4]; Enhanced Dodge 4; Enhanced Parry 4), Multi-Environmental Turbines (Array: Flight 9, AP: Swimming 9), Sealed Systems (Immunity 9 [cold, disease, heat, poison, pressure, radiation, suffocation, vacuum]; Movement 1 [environmental adaptation--aquatic]), Sensors (Senses 9 [ranged accurate radius ultra-hearing, direction sense, low-light vision, radio, time sense])
Advantages: Agile Feint, Benefit 3 (Millionaire), Close Attack 4, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative, Improvised Tools, Interpose, Inventor, Language 1 (Lemurian), Ranged Attack 2/6, Teamwork, Tracking.
Skills: Athletics 4 (+14/+4), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+8), Expertise: Navy 1 (+6), Expertise: Science 10 (+15), Expertise: West Coast 6 (+11), Perception 10 (+12), Ranged Combat: Battlesuit Armament 3 (+6), Technology 15 (+20), Treatment 3 (+8), Vehicles 4 (+7).
Offense: Initiative +6, Unarmed +12 (Close Damage 10), Blue-Green Laser +12 (Ranged Damage 10), Netline +16 (Ranged Affliction 6, Resisted by Dodge), Pulser -- (Ranged Burst Area Affliction 6, Resisted by Dodge), Electrical Charge -- (Burst Area Damage 10).
Defense: Dodge 9, Parry 9, Fortitude 9/3, Toughness 13/6, Will 9.
Totals: Abilities 42 + Powers 82 + Advantages 12 + Skills 30 + Defenses 11 = 177 points
Complications: Responsibility--Motivation. Enemy. Friends. Relationship. Secret Identity.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

While i'm not a big fan of Ultramarine(i perfer 1/2e's Cyclone,but i was always more War Machine than Ironman),i like where you took her background to...
Davies

Post by Davies »

Xeno (as of June, 2016)

Out of all the heroes assembled for the Preserver Stones quest, none of them were quite as tempted to join Daedelus in maintaining a watch at the Orrery as Xeno. The idea of studying the further reaches of the galaxy beyond those blighted by the war between the Grue and the Lor was very tempting to both sides of her mind, but Xeno ultimately chose to return to Earth with her fellow Sentinels. If she's doomed to be an alien wherever she may go, she might as well be an alien where part of her still feels at home.

The loss of two members of her new family shook her pretty badly, and she's very glad that Ultramarine is maintaining ties with Victor. For her part, she's worked quite hard to get back into the Rook's trust after arguing against him during the dispute which led to his departure from the team. Xeno makes sure that he has access to intelligence she thinks he needs for his crusade against Majestic Twenty and some associated organizations, and the Rook has reciprocated by sending some intel back to the Sentinels as well.

In particular, the Rook has entrusted her with the responsibility of keeping an eye on Justicar, and making sure that he doesn't slide back into vigilantism. Xeno finds this 'responsibility' to be a bit hypocritical, coming from the Rook, but is happy to do it, as she's found she quite likes Cody Reese as a person, and wants him to keep flying right. He and the Kim side of her personality actually have a lot in common, and it has occurred to the Malak side that their encounters could probably be interpreted as 'dates'. She's not sure what she thinks of that.

Xeno was somewhat surprised to find that her fears about Herald Phineus were completely unfounded, and that the magical girl was kind, gentle and somewhat in over her head, in contrast to the nightmare legends about the Legendary Angels of her peoples' legends. The ones who showed up to kidnap Herald Phineus, on the other hand, matched those legends exactly, and while Xeno is honestly frightened by the possibility of fighting them again, she's decided to support Princess to the very end in this battle.

Xeno -- PL 11

Abilities: STR 12 | STA 12 | AGL 2 | DEX 4 | FGT 6 | INT 3 | AWE 2 | PRE 2
Powers: Flight (Flight 9), Xenobiology (Array: Ranged Damage 8, Accurate 4, AP: Insubstantial 4, AP: Continuous Morph 3 [humanoid forms], AP: Concealment 10), Universal Translator (Comprehend 2 [speak and understand all languages], Removable), Xenoform (Immunity 10 [life support]; Protection 4).
Advantages: Extraordinary Effort, Improved Initiative, Interpose, Languages 2 (Grue, Japanese, Lorcan, Ruluan), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Second Chance (mind control), Trance.
Skills: Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+10), Deception 4 (+6), Expertise: Biology 6 (+8), Intimidation 6 (+8), Investigation 4 (+7), Perception 6 (+8), Ranged Combat: Eyebeams 2 (+6), Technology 10 (+12), Vehicles 2 (+6).
Offense: Initiative +6, Unarmed +10 (Close Damage 12), Eyebeams +14 (Ranged Damage 8).
Defense: Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 12, Toughness 16, Will 9.
Totals: Abilities 86 + Powers 60 + Advantages 9 + Skills 22 + Defense 11 = 188 points
Complications: Responsibility--Motivation. Enemy (Majestic Twenty). Family. Prejudice (obvious alien). Relationship. Secret Identity.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Mongrel(as of June, 2016)

On the advice of his adopted tribe's spiritual leader, or Theurge, Mongrel remained on Earth during the Precursor Stones quest. He wasn't happy about this, and would have preferred to help out the team, but the Theurge has never yet steered him wrong when it comes to the mystical and physical limitations of his new existence, and she indicated that he might as well be committing suicide if he tried to leave something she called the Tellurian, which he understands as representing Earth. While Michael still prefers to believe that he's just caught some sort of mutating disease, he's seen too much in the past few years to question that there's some decidedly non-biological aspects to his condition.

For example, he's noticed that his wounds are healing even faster than they did when he first began changing, and suspects that it might have something to do with the way he's been accepted by the other werewolves. He's even hunted along side them -- deer, not humans -- and feasted with them. Many of them still regard him as an overgrown cub who needs to have the simplest things explained to him, over and over again, but the more canny members of the pack see that he has skills and understanding that they lack, and may desperately need in the nights to come. The greatest frustration in his life is the fact that every time he's sat down to try and learn their language, it rolls off his brain like melting Jello.

Since his encounter with Gary Freshkills was the first time in living memory any of the werewolf tribe had used the 'gift' they call Honoring the Slayer -- which is supposed to bestow werewolf status on a human who manages to kill a werewolf -- there's a lot that even they don't know about how the gift is supposed to work. The possibility that Gary made a mistake in using the gift -- as he certainly made in targeting it! -- has been discussed. The possibility that they might have to seek out counsel from some of the tribes who live further inland has been raised in counsel a few times, only to be shot down each time. "This is our people's business, not anyone else's," argue those who speak against it.

Mongrel suspects that sooner or later he's going to have to seek out some counsel, regardless what the people think, but for now, he's waiting and hoping that his new people will figure out what they want to do with him before he has to take steps on his own.

Mongrel -- PL 10

Abilities: STR 5/1 | STA 6/2 | AGL 7/1 | DEX 4/1 | FGT 7/1 | INT 2 | AWE 5/2 | PRE 4/0
Powers: Bestial Form (Activation [Move Action]), Animalistic Senses (Enhanced Skill 2 (Perception 4); Senses 4 [acute scent, danger sense, extended hearing, infravision, tracking), Beastlike (Enhanced Agility 6; Enhanced Awareness 3; Enhanced Dexterity 3; Enhanced Fighting 6; Enhanced Presence 4; Enhanced Stamina 4; Enhanced Strength 4), Claws (Enhanced Advantage 1 [Improved Critical [unarmed]); Movement 1 [wall-crawling]), Instincts (Enhanced Advantages 9 [Chokehold, Evasion, Improved Initiative, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Close; Concealment), Takedown, Uncanny Dodge]; Enhanced Dodge 7; Enhanced Fortitude 6; Enhanced Parry 7; Enhanced Skills 10 [Acrobatics 7, Athletics 5, Close Combat: Unarmed 6, Stealth 2]), Pounce (Leaping 2; Speed 3), Quick Recovery (Regeneration 10).
Advantages: Agile Feint, Animal Empathy, Chokehold, Contacts, Diehard, Evasion, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Initiative, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Close; Concealment), Takedown, Uncanny Dodge.
Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+16), Athletics 4 (+14), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+15), Expertise: Paramedic 4 (+6), Expertise: Streetwise 3 (+5), Expertise: Werewolf Lore 4 (+6), Intimidation 4 (+8), Investigation 1 (+3), Perception 3 (+12), Persuasion 4 (+8), Stealth 5 (+14), Treatment 4 (+6), Vehicles 6 (+10).
Offense: Initiative +11, Unarmed +15 (Close Damage 5, Critical 19-20)
Defense: Dodge 14, Parry 14, Fortitude 12, Toughness 6, Will 7
Totals: Abilities 20 + Skills 23 + Advantages 4 + Powers 123 + Defenses 2 = 172 points
Complications: Responsibility--Motivation. Involuntary Transformation. Power Loss (Regeneration doesn't work against silver weapons). Secret Identity.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I like how you connected Mongrel(the only Werewolf looking Preselected Character that GR's done,suprisingly) to W:TF us rather neat...