Cloak & Dagger

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Bladewind

Cloak & Dagger

Post by Bladewind »

Anyone watch the pilot ?

I can`t say I hated it, can`t say I liked it. Olivia Holt is actually halfway decent as Dagger and the guy playing Cloak I rather enjoyed his performance. Olivia didn`t feel forced when she was coming across as someone who lives on her own - as opposed to Dove Cameron as Ruby Hale. Mind you, they haven`t put a costume on Holt yet, so who knows.

Some of the dialogue felt forced and the plot dragged in places, but the backstory was well done and the effects are decent.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Shock

Re: Cloak & Dagger

Post by Shock »

I've seen, I think, the first two episodes. It's a bit on the melodramatic side. I get it, their lives are crappy. How many episodes are they going to spend on that? But I like both the actors so I'll at least give it a little more time.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

That's the word. Melodramatic. I think they're only really two eps in so far.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Davies

Post by Davies »

Haven't seen the show yet, but having gone back to reread Cloak and Dagger's first appearance not too long ago ... melodrama has been tightly bound into their story from that first issue, and I believe it only got worse when we found out more about their back stories. So you can't say they're not being true to the source material.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."