Monster Mash-Up (MM3e Recruitment Closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Toast Burglar

Re: Monster Mash-Up (Interest Check)

Post by Toast Burglar »

Nunya B wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:37 am Caladenia
Twenty-Seven Thousand Cubic Feet of Spiders
What unholy wrath have I sown?

I apologize, friends. The apocalypse is here on our doorstep, and we're having an all inclusive dinner party. May God have mercy on our souls.

Tis a pretty cool app though.
Yojimbo wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:19 am I replaced the flesh golem with a jack pumpkinhead.
Ooh~ A jack o lantern wizard fellow! Nifty~
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nunya B wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:37 am Caladenia
Twenty-Seven Thousand Cubic Feet of Spiders
· Her newfound exposure to socialization has left her eager for more, and she is surprisingly outgoing when afforded an opportunity.
· Twenty-seven thousand cubic feet of spiders.
To make it even Wierder,"she's"(not ALL of those Spiders are female,durn it!) is apparently very Outgoing ounce you get to know "her"...if you don't run away screaming in terror first. ;)
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Neat idea.

I was thinking about that Sunglasses wearing Medusa character who makes bad choices...

But also thinking of going one step further and making a male gorgon.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Bladewind wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:34 am Neat idea.

I was thinking about that Sunglasses wearing Medusa character who makes bad choices...

But also thinking of going one step further and making a male gorgon.
How about this idea Blade:A female Gorgon that has a New Jersey accent and keeps temporarily freezing her Dates to the Clubs she's always going to.Privately,she's very lonely due to her "Family Bloodline' and just wants friends who'll stick around.She decided to be a Hero(inspite of the nature of her abilities being rather dark)mostly for the thrill of doing something she felt was Worthwile....
Last edited by MacynSnow on Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ghost of Krypton

Post by Ghost of Krypton »

Sorry, I'm afraid I'll have to bow out of this, even after the change in concept I couldn't really get behind the character. Sorry for my lack of inspiration and good luck to you all!
Toast Burglar

Post by Toast Burglar »

Ghost of Krypton wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:30 am Sorry, I'm afraid I'll have to bow out of this, even after the change in concept I couldn't really get behind the character. Sorry for my lack of inspiration and good luck to you all!
Ah, a true shame. Good luck in your future endeavors.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Hey,Toast,that looks like 6 are still intrested(Counting me :) ).I feel sorry that Ghost withdrew,but i think we all can understand...
Toast Burglar

Post by Toast Burglar »

MacynSnow wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:16 pm Hey,Toast,that looks like 6 are still intrested(Counting me :) ).I feel sorry that Ghost withdrew,but i think we all can understand...
True! Plus one or two who don't have applications up and posted as of yet. I suppose that means I'll swap from interest check to recruiting. Right as soon as I figure out how to make that happen.

Also, if anyone knows how to do that list thing that I see in other games and is willing to collect the apps so far into one pile, that would be swell.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Toast Burglar wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:15 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:16 pm Hey,Toast,that looks like 6 are still intrested(Counting me :) ).I feel sorry that Ghost withdrew,but i think we all can understand...
True! Plus one or two who don't have applications up and posted as of yet. I suppose that means I'll swap from interest check to recruiting. Right as soon as I figure out how to make that happen.

Also, if anyone knows how to do that list thing that I see in other games and is willing to collect the apps so far into one pile, that would be swell.
You got to the First Post you did for this and change the Subject header,then hit Submit...:)

As for submission list...I got you covered! :D
MacynSnow

Re: Monster Mash-Up (Recruiting)

Post by MacynSnow »

The Wall Submissions List(more to be added):
Scylla
Doctor October
Adam II
Goo
Dr.Archimedes Imperious
Caladenia
Boggart E.Mann
Last edited by MacynSnow on Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:31 pm

Molecular Breakdown; Weaken Toughness pr10, Also affects Objects, linked Damage 10 [30pp +2AEs]
AE: Spew sticky mass; Affliction pr 10, Area-Cone, Extra condition 2, Limited Degree (Resist bt Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Escape, Hindered&Impaired&Vulnerable, Immobilized&Disabled&Defenseless),
AE: Tentacles burst everywhere; Damage, Area-Burst, Selective, pr 10

I really like your build, but I had a question. Is Weaken allowed for Toughness? I thought Weaken could only affect traits.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Toast. Please feel free to choose submissions based on appropriateness for the story you want to tell and the challenges you want to present. I know how tempting it is to take everyone who applies because they made awesome characters. I caution against this, even if my own submission gets cut out. I’d rather you have a better story for the players selected.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Supernaturalist wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:05 pm

Molecular Breakdown; Weaken Toughness pr10, Also affects Objects, linked Damage 10 [30pp +2AEs]
AE: Spew sticky mass; Affliction pr 10, Area-Cone, Extra condition 2, Limited Degree (Resist bt Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Escape, Hindered&Impaired&Vulnerable, Immobilized&Disabled&Defenseless),

I really like your build, but I had a question. Is Weaken allowed for Toughness? I thought Weaken could only affect traits.
Toughness is a trait. It even references weaken toughness in the affects objects extra in the weakness write up in the DCA book.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Supernaturalist

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:07 pm

Toughness is a trait. It even references weaken toughness in the affects objects extra in the weakness write up in the DCA book.
My bad...I got "trait" and "ability" confused.
Supernaturalist

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:07 pm

I'm not trying to bug you, but I did have another question regarding Weaken. Could you pick an alternate resistance other then Fortitude or Will? If so, I'm assuming you'd have to have GM approval. For example if you had a really corrosive substance that doesn't affect the "interior" constitution of some one, but simply the very outer layer, could you be justified in making them resist with Toughness?