Monster Mash-Up (MM3e Recruitment Closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

Re: Monster Mash-Up (Interest Check)

Post by MacynSnow »

Toast Burglar wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:41 pm Skimming:

Two Zombie Bricks
One Zombie Striker
One Sea Monster Brick
One Goopy Slime Brick

The things that go bump in the night sure are durable, haha!
Would a young(ish) Mad Scientist with a Phantom Of The Opera-vibe count as a monster?
Toast Burglar

Post by Toast Burglar »

MacynSnow wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:45 pm Would a young(ish) Mad Scientist with a Phantom Of The Opera-vibe count as a monster?
I don't see why not.
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Two Zombie Bricks
One Zombie Striker
One Sea Monster Brick
One Goopy Slime Brick

I haven't even submitted my body-horror brick!
GOOOO TEAM TOUGHNESS SHIFT!
Camus

Post by Camus »

Two Zombie Bricks
One Zombie Striker
One Sea Monster Brick
One Goopy Slime Brick
We should be called "The Wall".

心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Toast Burglar wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:48 pm I don't see why not.
Perfect! Then may i introduce to you....
Dr.Archimedes Imperious Age:19 Occupation:Hero,Mad Scientist, occasional bad Violinist Pl/PP:10/150 Group Affiliation:The Wall(I like the name too much) Eyes:Blue-Green Hair: Short Red
STATS--48 points
STR- 0 STA- 0 AGL- 1 DEX- 3 FGT- 4 INT- 10 AWE- 5 PRE- 0
Character Note: "Archie" was never allowed to be a very active child,as his parents(Both 'Mad' Scientists in there own right) tended to be overly protective...Except for when they go to Monster Island for "Family Outings"....

POWERS--42 point
The Imperious Gloves 24 point array, Easily Removable(-10 points)
--Ranged Damage 12 (24 pnt.)
--Dazzle 12 (1pnt.)

The Imperious Belt
--Protection 10(Impervious, Sustained, Precise, Removable [-4 pnt] ) (21 pnt.)

The Imperious Flight Harness
--Flight 5(60mph, Removable [-2 pnt] ) (10 pnt.)

Imperious Intellect
--Quickness 4(limited to Mental Tasks [-2 pnt] ) (2 pnt.)
Character Note: Archimedes comes from an incredibly long line of Mad Scientists who,for the...majority of his family tree,only married other Scientist's.So by the time the genes reached him,the Imperious line had some of the most Brilliantly Insane people on the Planet.Each Imperious child that reaches their Majority(In the Families case,19) are given enough Funds to set-up their Own hidden lair and expected to 'continue pushing the boundries of SCIENCE!' elsewhere in the world...

ADVANTAGES--16 points
Defensive Roll=2,Eidetic Memory, Equipment(The Imperious Manor,other stuff)=4 , Improvised Tools, Inspire=2, Inventor, Ranged Attack=3, Skill Mastery(Technology), Fearless
Character Note: having been raised in an incredibly scientific and nearlly insane household,Archie tended to pick-up certain....ticks that various aunts&uncles had...

SKILLS--22 points
Expertise:Engineering 5(+15)--Science 10(+20), Insight 5(+10), Investigation 4(+14), Perception 5(+10), Technology 10(+20), Vehicles 5(+8)
Character Note:It's amazing what skills you pick-up from around you as a child.Archimedes loves to learn new things,he's practically a spong for new thoughts and experiences....

OFFENSE
Initiative +2
Imperious Gloves +6(Ranged, Damage 12 or Dazzle 12 DC22 Dodge?)
Unarmed +4 (Close, Damage 0 DC 10)

DEFENSE--22 points
Dodge+8 , Parry+8, Will+10, Fortitude+7, Toughness+12/10(w/out Defensive Roll)

COMPLICATIONS
Motivation:FOR SCIENCE!(and technically Doing Good)-The good Doctor is intent on not only helping those in need,but pushing the boundaries of Scientific wonders....
Quirk(Family near-Insanity)-to Archie,the utterly wierd and Horrific looking things are fairly normal to him.It's all this Average stuff that looks...off to him.
Mildly Arrogant-While part of him knows his Families not perfect(....yet),he still knows he's smarter than you are....
Relationship(Imperious Family)-Despite making Archie go out on his own(as is tradition),their still a very tight-nit family,going out of their way to help each other if needed...

BACKGROUND:
Dr.Archimedes Imperious is the 8th child of Lord(Prof.) Regulus Atlas Imperious and Lady(Dr.) Margaret Feltwielder-Imperious.The Imperious family tree goes all the way back to the Young Cousin of Dr.Victor Frankenstein,where the first case of "Brilliantly Insane" was ever recorded.The Imperious family became notorius throughout Europe for their "Unique Take" on the Sciences,even going so far as to branch out into Disciplines best described as "Near Mystical".However,by the time Archimedes' elder brother Stephan Eobard(Doctorate in Behavioral Sciences) was born,the Family had mostly settled down in Gray County,Winfall Scotland.The Imperious Family's nature tended to draw them to either side of the Battle betwixt Good(or "The Establishment" as was the trend in the household) and Evil(or "The Extreme Radicals" by the family line), sometimes they even helped out both sides at ounce(usually by taking or destroying said object/item/person/what-have-you they were fighting over). Recently,Archie turned 19 and was given both his Doctorate(Engineering and Experimental Sciences) and enough money to allow him to build a "Secret Laboratory" anywhere he wanted.So naturally he headed towards the most active place he could find...Emerald City(Freedom City already had a couple of Mad Scientist's in Doc Otaku,whom he's a pen-pal with, and Daedalus).Now the "normal route" would be to become a Villian,but instead Archimedes decided to try a Social Experiment his brother recommended; Use a Villianous Methodology for Heroic apperances & outcomes.Log the results....

PERSONALITY:
Archie,while a well-mannered and polite person(he had some REALLY good tutors),can also come across as rather bit of a Know-it-all.He Loves meeting new people and exploring new Environments,given his almost genetic disposition towards "Pushing the boundaries of SCIENCE!".He's also a suprisingly compassionate and careing Person,hating to see any creature suffering needlessly(though if they have to suffer in the name of Science,then that maybe alright)...He'll also Insist on making a "Grand Entrance" and brief " Monolog"(to him,there's a difference between a Hero and a SUPER-Hero:PRESENTATION!),to the Diterment of everything else....

Archie's Thoughts on the group:Archie's Audio tape home
Last edited by MacynSnow on Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:18 am, edited 8 times in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Two Zombie Bricks
One Zombie Striker
One Sea Monster Brick
One Goopy Slime Brick

He more of a Vampiric striker.

And it's not like there are many monster movie speedsters to draw from. I'd argue that the 'hard to kill' quality is the hallmark of horror movie monsters.

(but I did almost submit a creepy murder doll)
"Something pithy this way comes."
Toast Burglar

Post by Toast Burglar »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:22 pm And it's not like there are many monster movie speedsters to draw from. I'd argue that the 'hard to kill' quality is the hallmark of horror movie monsters.
Good point, haha!

I could probably think of a few speedster-ish types, that might lean a bit more 'hard to hit' than 'hard to kill', but that'd be the job of someone who wishes to play one now, isn't it?

Joking aside, if anyone finds themselves short on concepts or wanting to fill a niche they can't figure out, feel free to PM me or post here for ideas.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Now that I think about Swarm of_________ small creatures would fill most of what a speedster was:
  • Hard to hit (Damage in this case represents loss of swarm mass).
  • Physical quickness as many of them can do many things at once.
  • Take down as the hoard over runs foes.
  • Multi-attack and Area attacks lend themselves to the descriptor of 'many things'.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:46 pm Now that I think about Swarm of_________ small creatures would fill most of what a speedster was:
  • Hard to hit (Damage in this case represents loss of swarm mass).
  • Physical quickness as many of them can do many things at once.
  • Take down as the hoard over runs foes.
  • Multi-attack and Area attacks lend themselves to the descriptor of 'many things'.
I was going to bring a stem-cell monster, but you just inspired me to dig out Caladenia and cut her down to 10/150.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

If i get picked,i'll let the others help put stuff into "The Imperious Lair!",as we got 19 points or so of HQ to mess around with...But i'm putting in a Laboratory first,you bunch of moocher's....:D
Ghost of Krypton

Post by Ghost of Krypton »

Due to the plethora of Fort Immune monstrosity, and the somewhat darker tone of my submission, I'll likely change to fill another niche.
TacticalMammoth

Post by TacticalMammoth »

Note: Not intending to make a brick outta the ghosty. Zombie will certainly have regeneration and maybe a rank of immortality, since I doubt it will actually come up much given the lighthearted setting that I'm getting out of this, but otherwise both characters will likely be more strike/skill oriented.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

I replaced the flesh golem with a jack pumpkinhead.
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Caladenia
Twenty-Seven Thousand Cubic Feet of Spiders

Background
Origin
· Caladenia is a raw force of nature, humankind’s fear of retribution and fear of spiders blended into a living tidal wave of spidery justice.

Present
· Little has changed for Caladenia since the days of yore. People do bad things. People go unpunished by their fellows. Spiders happen.
· If anything, Caladenia has just become more busy, manifesting here and there more often as more people exist to commit more injustice.

Personality
· Caladenia is cold and dispassionate while working alone, seeking to complete her duties as quickly and efficiently as possible so she may return to rest. Now that she has begun to work alongside comrades however, she is beginning to draw things out so she may spend more time in the company of like-minded individuals.
· Her newfound exposure to socialization has left her eager for more, and she is surprisingly outgoing when afforded an opportunity.
· While Caladenia is indeed terrifying, she has never been able to effectively harness it. She is simply too scary, and people jump to fight-or-flight without her input in the matter.

Appearance
· Twenty-seven thousand cubic feet of spiders.
· Twenty-seven thousand cubic feet of spiders.

Game Statistics
PL 10, 150 PP
Abilities (24 pp)
· STR: 0(8), STA: 4(12), DEX: 0, AGI: 0, FGT: 0, INT: 0, AWE: 8, PRE: 0

Skills (4 pp)
· Close Combat: Spiders 8(8)

Advantages (4 pp)
· Accurate Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Takedown 1

Powers (110 pp)
Is Spiders: (59 pp)
· Growth 8
· Damage 4 (STR based, unarmed)
· Protection 6
· Insubstantial 1, Permanent
· Speed 4, AE Burrowing 4
· Movement 1 (Wall-crawling)
· Elongation 2, Limited (No grab bonus)
· Extra Limbs 6
· Regeneration 10
· Senses 2 (Darkvision)
· Feature (May occupy any contiguous volume instead of cube)
· Innate

No Escape: (16 pp)
· Nullify 8 (Movement), Reaction (Movement within reach), Broad, Reduced Range, Limited (Only to counter), Limited (Only movement away from Caladenia)

Entrap: (21 pp)
· Affliction 8 (Parry, Parry or Damage: Hindered & Vulnerable, Immobile & Defenseless), Extra Condition, Reduced Action (Move), Triggered 4 (Entering webbed square), Subtle 1, Alternate Resistance, Limited Degree

Prey Upon: (14 pp, 12 pp per mode)
· Envenom (LINKED to unarmed)
· · Weaken 12 (Fort: Toughness)
· Living Wall
· · Create 12, Reduced Range
· Legion
· · Multiattack 12 (On unarmed)

Defenses (8 pp)
· Dodge: 4(0)
· Parry: 4(0)
· Fortitude: 0(12)
· Toughness: 0(16)
· Will: 0(8)

Offense
· Unarmed +8 Damage 12
· Envenom LINKED Weaken 12

Narrative Attributes
Motivation
· Justice: Caladenia exists to met out justice to the guilty and right the wrongs beyond the reach of human righteousness.

Complications
· Prejudice: Twenty-seven thousand cubic feet of spiders.
· Weakness: Caladenia receives no Dodge save for half against Area effects.
· Disability: Spiders do not have hands.

Design Notes
Character Comments
· The night is spiders.

Mechanical Comments
· It’s the queen of all lockdown builds. Four ways to keep enemies nice and close. You want to be close to the spiders, right? Right?
· This is the second character from my Orchid series that I’ve posted. Like the rest, Caladenia is about controlling space in a fairly unusual way. For her, she denies movement outward. The Reduced Action on her Affliction is non-standard, but shouldn’t be that bad since it’s just reducing the set-time instead of allowing her to actually web someone up and hit them in the same round.
Last edited by Nunya B on Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Yojimbo wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:19 am I replaced the flesh golem with a jack pumpkinhead.
The Jack Pumpkinhead Wizard fit's a better nich for the group.Plus,if we both get selected we can do the Whole "Doctor-Doctor" running gag.... :lol: