Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Godzilla! Ebirah! Rodan! Gargantuas! Mothra!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:44 am Gentlemen, gentlemen... please. There have been six different sets of Shobijin over there years. We can all have a set of miniature magical waifu of our own.
FINALLY! Women to whom I am average-si-- no wait.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:58 am
Batgirl III wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:44 am Gentlemen, gentlemen... please. There have been six different sets of Shobijin over there years. We can all have a set of miniature magical waifu of our own.
FINALLY! Women to whom I am average-si-- no wait.
Dude! Over-sharing.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

The Tony Awards were alright- Best Musical was once again a pretty obvious choice. I hadn't heard one iota of The Band's Visit, but I knew that girl, Katrina Lenk, was winning the SECOND I heard this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJG96GpWaJk. I mean, holy shit- just give her ALL the awards.

And of course both she and Tony Shalhoub won Best Actor awards, making it pretty clear what was gonna win.

Funnily enough, I didn't realize Frozen was nominated at all- I remember reading the list of nominees, and I noticed how that musical adaptation (which hadn't set the critical world on fire- most of the extra songs were deemed "Filler") wasn't doing so well (none of the actors got nominated- even the critically-beloved Elsa). So when I saw it up with the other four (Mean Girls and Spongebob Squarepants rounded out the list), I was surprised.

Personally, hearing their medley (they did First Time In Forever, followed by the last third of Let It Go- ie. the "she builds the castle and lets her hair down" part), I wasn't that impressed- Frozen worked well because of the voices and the power of their songs- they didn't quite "Full Broadway" it by putting choruses into everything. The girl playing Elsa can hit the big notes, but putting extra notes on "The cold never bothered me... ANYWAYAYAAYAYAYAYAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!" just doesn't work as well- it's supposed to be a subtle, sly comment AFTER the power-note. Really doesn't translate on stage, I guess. But it's a bit "over-sung"- not every note needed a vibrating larynx. When IDINA MENZEL is singing the more subtle, under-sung version, you know it's over-done.

I mean, I'ma still probably gonna see it at some point. I just don't find the songs as neat on-stage.

Their version of First Time In Forever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHd8Ug4ljN4

Kinda funny how it looks almost under-produced, because it's just her in big space while a couple of people walk around. And poor Anna's actress will always be screwed in this- she's gotta carry the plot for the WHOLE THING, but is doomed to being shown up by Elsa every single time- listen to the reaction Elsa gets from her one little bit.
Jabroniville

Kumonga

Post by Jabroniville »

Quote: "Ch-CHEW!!... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

KUMONGA (aka Spiga, Showa Era)
Created By:
Jun Fukuda
First Appearance: "Son of Godzilla" (1967)
Role: Giant Hunter
Size: 45 meters (150 feet)
PL 14 (237), PL 15 (237) Area Attacks
STRENGTH
19 STAMINA 16 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -5

Skills:
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 15 (+19 Size)
Perception 6 (+6)
Ranged Combat (Stinger) 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Benefit (Ambidexterity), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Startle, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 18 (Str & Sta +18, +18 Mass, +9 Intimidation, -9 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -18 Stealth) -- (170 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [37]
"Chitinous Exoskeleton" Protection 5 (Extras: Impervious 27) [32]

"Arachnid Physiology"
Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling) [2]
"Arachnid Senses" Senses 1 (Radius Sight) [1]
"Tremorsense" Senses 4 (Ranged Touch- Accurate 2 & Extended) [4]
"Eight Legs & Two Pedipalps" Extra Limbs 6 [6]
Leaping 9 (1 mile) [9]
Speed +2 (30 mph) [2]

"Poison Stinger" Blast 18 Linked to Weaken Stamina 16 (Extras: Ranged, Progressive +2) (Quirk: Takes 3-4 Rounds to Start -2) (100) -- [102]
  • AE: "Webbing" Snare 22 (Feats: Range 3) (69)
  • AE: "Giant-Size Smash" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (45)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+19 Damage, DC 34)
Poison Stinger +6 (+18 Ranged Damage & +16 Ranged Weaken, DC 33 & 26)
Webbing +4 (+22 Ranged Affliction, DC 32)
Giant Smash +15 Area (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +21 (+14 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Kumonga cannot speak to humans, nor use it's limbs to easily manipulate objects.
Power Loss (Poison Stinger)- Kumonga must be able to cause damage with its Poison Stinger to afflict either of the Linked Effects.

Total: Abilities: -2 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 195 / Defenses: 26 (237)

-Kumonga's not exactly super-creative (they basically took a spider and make it big), but he makes up for it with sheer terror. I mean, a SPIDER the size of a freaking SKYSCRAPER? Out of all the Kaiju in the Tohoverse, this is probably the one that would inspire the most total panic in human beings. He threatened Minilla and a few others (Godzilla and Minilla had to combine forces as father and son in order to put a stop to him), then turned into a recurring Monster Island resident in the more kid-friendly films. He and Mothra helped pin down King Ghidorah in Destroy All Monsters, but he hilariously jobbed out in Final Wars, doing almost no damage and being thrown over the horizon.

-Kumonga is basically a Giant Spider build upgraded to enormous size, packing Leaping, Tremorsense, a Snare and a Poison Stinger (Blast plus Weaken) onto what was a pretty scary build at HORSE size. He's only a notch under Godzilla, but managed to threaten the big guy on his own in his first appearance. I'm not really sure what use a 20,000-ton animal has for Wall-Crawling, but you never know.
Davies

Re: Jab's Builds! (Rodan! Gargantuas! Mothra! Minilla! Anguirus!)

Post by Davies »

Yes, that's not a very pleasant image to regard, and if it was moving I'd probably be in hysterics right now. I'd rate it as much worse than the spiders in the 5e Monster Manual, but significantly less bad than Pathfinder's ridiculously photorealistic examples.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Batgirl III wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:58 am Image

Shobijin are wonderful. They provoke wonder.
Shobijin are marvelous. They cause marvels.
Shobijin are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Shobijin are glamorous. They project glamour.
Shobijin are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Shobijin are terrific. They beget terror.

The Shobijin consider using a 150 meter weapon of moth destruction to be an acceptable form of international diplomacy. The Shobijin will totally sic Godzilla on your city if you piss them off. The Shobijin are “good guys” only because they live in a universe where “bad guys” consist of the likes of King Gidorah and Gigan.

No one ever said the Shobijin were nice.

Bah....give me Kumi Mizuno any day.
Goldar

Re: Kamacuras

Post by Goldar »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:58 am Image

Quote: "CHIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRR!!! CHHIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRR!!! CHHHHIIIIIRRRRR!!!!"

KAMACURAS (aka Gimantis- Showa Era)
Created By:
Jun Fukuda
First Appearance: "Son of Godzilla" (1967)
Role: Disposable Mooks
Size: 50 meters (164 feet)
PL 13 (132)
STRENGTH
16 STAMINA 12 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -5

Skills:
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 13 (+17 Size)
Perception 4 (+4)

Advantages: 
Improved Critical (Claws) 2

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 18 (Str & Sta +18, +18 Mass, +9 Intimidation, -9 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -18 Stealth) -- (170 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [37]
"Chitinous Exoskeleton" Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 13) [17]
Speed +2 (30 mph) [2]

"Insect Physiology"
Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling) [2]
Senses 2 (Low-Light Vision, Scent) [2]
"Six Legs" Extra Limbs 2 [2]
Burrowing 9 (30 mph) [9]

Flight 8 (500 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [8]
"Tremendous Claws" Damage 13 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (39) -- [40]
AE: "Standard Strike" Strength-Damage +1 (Extras: Penetrating 15) (16)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+16 Damage, DC 31)
Claws +8 (+17 Damage, DC 32)
Claw Swipe +12 Area (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +16 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +12, Will +4

Complications: 
Disabled (Animal)- Mantids cannot speak to humans, nor use their limbs to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: -14 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 119 / Defenses: 24 (132)

-Kamacuras is actually the name given to a species in the Tohoverse- a bunch of cruel-minded bug-things (created by a radiation storm afflicting already-large Mantids with greater size) that harassed Minilla. With Godzilla around? BAD IDEA. They unsurprisingly got killed by the G-Man, with his Atomic Breath slaughtering two while a third made a hasty exit, where it was later killed by Kumonga, the giant spider. Others showed up later (in a little boy's dreams, and one was seen on Monster Island), but they've never done much. In Final Wars, a singular Kamacuras briefly challenges Godzilla, but his "camouflage" is easily sussed-out, and he's impaled on some electrical towers. Because they were marionettes on strings, Kamacuras models were MUCH more complicated than the "guys in rubber suits" models, and thus their effects are some of the best in the series.

-I did a similar build for "The Deadly Mantis", and this is a plus-sized version, more than doubling in size. It's a huge freaking species of bugs, but only PL 12.5 on offense, PL 11.5 on defense, and with a PL 13 Area Attack, so there's no way even three of them are a match for most of the Kaiju in Godzilla's neck of the woods. They'd still take a whole squad of super-heroes to take out, but Godzilla? No way.
"This One is not known as Mantis! :lol:
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

HalloweenJack wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:29 pmBah....give me Kumi Mizuno any day.
Ah, I see you are a man of culture and good taste as well.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Kumonga/Spiga was evil incarnate to a young HJ....but I loved the guy. Had a huge rubber tarantula toy which I always said was Spiga and had it fight my Godzilla toy. It wasn't until some time later that I realized he was basically small potatoes compared to some of Godzilla's other foes. But hey, even so he was a crafty sumbitch, luring Godzilla in and then 'stinging' him in the eye.

And honestly....as a kid and later as an adult......Well.....i mean Kumonga is from Japan so there's some sorta psycho sexual visuals to some aspects of him. When he reaches into the cave to try and pull some of the scientists out....it totally makes me think of a giant dong. And his mouth reminds me of......well....look at it....its an orifice with hair around it......its the anti-dong so to speak.

JAPAN!
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

bsdigitalq wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:34 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:29 pmBah....give me Kumi Mizuno any day.
Ah, I see you are a man of culture and good taste as well.
the only thing is do I want her as island girl Daio or Planet X Miss Namikawa?

Well, as Batgirl once said, "embrace the power of BOTH"
Jabroniville

Hedorah

Post by Jabroniville »

Quote: "GRRRROOOOWWWWRRRRRR!!!! ROWWWW-RRRRRRR!!!"

HEDORAH (Hedorah- Showa Era)
Created By:
Yoshimitsu Banno
First Appearance: "Godzilla vs. Hedorah/The Smog Monster" (1971)
Role: Pollution Monster
Size: 60 meters (198 feet)
PL 15 (268)
STRENGTH
20 STAMINA 16 AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -- AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE --

Skills: 
Intimidation 14 (+10, +19 Size)

Advantages: 
Fearless, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 19 (Str & Sta +19, +19 Mass, +9 Intimidation, -9 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -19 Stealth) -- (210 feet) (Feats: Innate) (39) -- [40]
AE: "Tadpole Form" Alternate Form- Shrinking 16 (16)

Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 27) [33]
Speed +2 (30 mph) [2]

"Pollution Entity"
Senses 4 (Detect Pollution- Ranged x2 & Acute) [4]
Immunity 10 (Life Support) [10]
Insubstantial 2 (Feats: Selective) [11]
Immunity 80 (All Damage) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect, Sustained +0) [40]
"Frog-Like Form" Morph 1 (Extras: Metamorph) [6]
"Flying Saucer Form" Flight 6 (120 mph) [12]

Regeneration 10 (Flaws: Requires Pollutants) [5]

"Acid Blob" Blast 22 (Linked to) Weaken Toughness 18 (Extras: Ranged, Affects Objects) (98) -- [102]
  • AE: "Corrosive Wave" Weaken 15 (Extras: Area- 240ft. Burst +4, Affects Objects) (90)
  • AE: "Giant-Size Smash" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (45)
  • AE: "Energy Beam" Blast 22 (Feats: Extended Reach 4- 1,600 feet) (Extras: Penetrating) (70)
  • AE: "Enveloping Blob" Suffocation 16 (Extras: Reaction +3) (Flaws: Touch Range) (96)
Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+20 Damage, DC 35)
Acid Blob +4 (+22 Ranged Damage & +18 Weaken, DC 37 & 28)
Suffocate +6 (+16 Affliction, DC 26)
Energy Beam +4 (+22 Ranged Damage, DC 37)
Area Attacks +15 Area (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Initiative -2

Defenses:
Dodge +0 (DC 10), Parry +0 (DC 10), Toughness +20 (+14 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will --

Complications:
Disabled (Kaiju)- Hedorah cannot speak, nor use hands to easily manipulate objects.
Power Loss (Many Powers)- Hedorah is vulnerable to extreme heat, which will dry out it's gigantic body, rendering it more vulnerable, and removing it's Regeneration, Insubstantiability, and Immunity to Energy Damage.

Total: Abilities: -14 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 255 / Defenses: 15 (268)

-Hedorah is a VERY ahead-of-it's-time concept- a gigantic monster constructed by pollution, reflecting the damage humans were doing to their environment. This was 1971, people- Captain Planet was twenty years away! This, along with Godzilla's warning against nuclear radiation, is pretty much a hallmark of the early part of the series- the dangers of over-doing it with the science.

-Hedorah's basically a mindless, gross monster made of garbage, radiation and flotsam (with some alien particles mixed in), and was nearly unstoppable- his immunity to most of Godzilla's attacks made him one of the hardest monsters to beat. It was only his vulnerability to heat that left him weakened and dried-out, and Godzilla killed him soon thereafter. His Final Wars form, by contrast, went down like a jobber in seconds- a low fate for a one-off super-beast.

-Fun fact: Hedorah's eyes are deliberately designed to look like vaginas.

-Yeah, this guy's cheesey as all hell, and your players will rightly throw things at you if you toss Hedorah at them. An immunity to ALL Damage (ie. bludgeoning, slashing, energy, etc.), Limited to Half, plus his Impervious, makes him virtually unstoppable, especially with +20 base Toughness ANYWAYS. This, plus a Corrosive Wave (enough to decay human beings, iron and steel, buildings, etc- +15 intensity Weaken), Blast, Giant-Size Smash, a Suffocating Blob attack, and an Acid Blob (Disintegration, essentially), makes him VERY scary, though most attacks are PL 14-ish at-best. He has four forms hidden amongst his build, with a Flying Saucer thingie that can't use most of his regular attacks, to a Shrinking Form (he's not limited to Permanent Growth as a result), to a Frog-Like Morph. I could have went with Shapeshift, but each one offers him little the others don't already have, so I left it as a bunch of Alt-Effects of other abilities.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

yeah Hedorah was a beast. I vaguely remember seeing the movie when I had to be a toddler, but never saw it again until 1996 when the Sci-Fi Channel did Godzilla Incorporated one week that June or July. I was super excited because in addition to the usual stuff they were debuting Godzilla vs Hedorah and Destroy All Monsters.

I was a little disappointed by both.

and Godzilla vs Hedorah is one weird movie even for JAPAN!

James Rolfe was right when he wasn't sure exactly what the audience for this movie was. It was too silly for adults but too weird and psychedelic for kids.

At any rate, he scores a pretty good reference in Alan Moore's Top Ten when the drunken kaiju Gograh comes to Precinct 10 to demand the release of his son that had been arrested

"I ain't no Uncle Gojira gonna save you from a Smog Monster!"
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I watched Godzilla vs. Hedorah when i just hit 13 and i originally though the lead's GIRLFRIEND was the main actress,as she just started kicking ass.
Hedorah was a nicely done monster.Too bad he was a one-off....
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Wasn't that the movie where Godzilla actually used his Atomic Breath to fly?
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

King Kong

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImageImage

KING KONG (Megaprimatus Kong)
Role:
Iconic Movie Monster
PL 11 (104)- Minion Rank 7, Sidekick Rank 21
Normal Version:
PL 10
STRENGTH 10 STAMINA 12 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -3 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 7 (+11)
Expertise (Survival) 6 (+7)
Insight 3 (+4)
Intimidation 14 (+16 Size)
Perception 4 (+5)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Improved Hold, Last Stand (Ignores Damage For 1 Round With HP Spent), Power Attack, Startle, Takedown 2, Tracking, Ultimate Strength Check, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision) [3]

"Natural Size" Growth 8 (Str & Sta +8, +8 Mass, +4 Intimidation, -4 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -8 Stealth) -- (30 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [17]
Strength-Damage +1 [1]
Impervious Toughness 5 [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +12 (+3 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +10

Complications: 
Disabled (Animal)- Apes cannot speak to humans.
Relationship (It Was Beauty Killed This Beast)- Giant Apes inevitably fall in love with pretty women that have incredible shrieks, and will do ANYTHING to get to them and protect them. ANYTHING. Even if you're a T-Rex.

Total: Abilities: 16 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 21 / Powers: 26 / Defenses: 23 (104)

Era: Fantasy Worlds
Range: Skull Island
Colouring: Black with silver on back
Size: Up to 30 feet tall (10-15 tons)
Encounter Groups: Solitary
Diet: Seeds, fruit, leaves, Mother****ing Dinosaurs!!
Tactics: Attack all-out with powerful limbs and teeth, tear open jaws with arms.

-C'mon, I gotta even give this guy an introduction? HE'S KING KONG, DAMMIT!! The epic movie monster from RKO pictures back in the 1930s, Kong was between 18 and 60 feet tall (the promotions insisted he was REALLY tall, but his functional size to scale was about 18-24 feet). And that movie's effects STILL look pretty cool to this day- their fingers messing around with the model armature's fur actually made it look like wind-rustled hair, and despite being jerky, you could see it was impressive. Compare it to Toho's Rubbersuit-stuff years later, and it's actually BETTER up until more recent stuff (and even then, Godzilla's mouth still clunkily jerks open straight down). And that movie is SHEER ACTION. Just watching it on TV several years ago, I was stunned at how they go blistering from one action scene to the next, with every creature on the island coming to kick Kong's ass and steal his woman. And the iconic plot and scenery, and that Empire State Building ending... there's a reason the 1970s and 2000s versions have utterly failed to hold up to the 1933 original.

-For stats, a Kong-type Gorilla is a PL 11 nightmare for a party to fight, but not so big as to be unstoppable- a fall from a large building will almost certainly kill it, and gunfire from biplanes would be a significant pain in the ass, as well as tranquilizers (though you'd need a lot to surprass Fortitude +14 checks). But this 30-foot monster can still stomp down a PC, and can Power or All-Out Attack to be even MORE dangerous! And screw with his woman, and he'll likely split your damn mouth open. So don't mess with Kong.