Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
catsi563

Re: Jab's Builds! (Godzilla! Ebirah! Rodan! Gargantuas! Mothra!)

Post by catsi563 »

Batgirl III wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:58 am Image

The Shobijin consider using a 150 meter weapon of moth destruction to be an acceptable form of international diplomacy.
No one ever said the Shobijin were nice.
Wait, youre saying it isn't? :shock:

well crap now I need to figure out a new way to do things dammit :x
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Ken

Post by Ken »

Shobijin are erectifying.
Last edited by Ken on Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Ken wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:18 am Shobijin are ecretifying.
... that's not actually a word, old bean.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ken wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:18 am Shobijin are ecretifying.
Dude,are you trying something on my Waifu's?! Don't make me sick Mothra on your City cause you got a problem with keeping it in your pantsuit.... :evil:
Last edited by MacynSnow on Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Gentlemen, gentlemen... please. There have been six different sets of Shobijin over there years. We can all have a set of miniature magical waifu of our own.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:44 am Gentlemen, gentlemen... please. There have been six different sets of Shobijin over there years. We can all have a set of miniature magical waifu of our own.
....*Takes deep breath as Original Shobijin's rub Macyn's back*...Ok,you got a point BG.I apologize Kenny,for threatening your City with Untold Devestation.... :D
Jabroniville

Kamacuras

Post by Jabroniville »

Quote: "CHIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRR!!! CHHIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRR!!! CHHHHIIIIIRRRRR!!!!"

KAMACURAS (aka Gimantis- Showa Era)
Created By:
Jun Fukuda
First Appearance: "Son of Godzilla" (1967)
Role: Disposable Mooks
Size: 50 meters (164 feet)
PL 13 (132)
STRENGTH
16 STAMINA 12 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -5

Skills:
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 13 (+17 Size)
Perception 4 (+4)

Advantages: 
Improved Critical (Claws) 2

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 18 (Str & Sta +18, +18 Mass, +9 Intimidation, -9 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -18 Stealth) -- (170 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [37]
"Chitinous Exoskeleton" Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 13) [17]
Speed +2 (30 mph) [2]

"Insect Physiology"
Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling) [2]
Senses 2 (Low-Light Vision, Scent) [2]
"Six Legs" Extra Limbs 2 [2]
Burrowing 9 (30 mph) [9]

Flight 8 (500 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [8]
"Tremendous Claws" Damage 13 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (39) -- [40]
  • AE: "Standard Strike" Strength-Damage +1 (Extras: Penetrating 15) (16)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+16 Damage, DC 31)
Claws +8 (+17 Damage, DC 32)
Claw Swipe +12 Area (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +16 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +12, Will +4

Complications: 
Disabled (Animal)- Mantids cannot speak to humans, nor use their limbs to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: -14 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 119 / Defenses: 24 (132)

-Kamacuras is actually the name given to a species in the Tohoverse- a bunch of cruel-minded bug-things (created by a radiation storm afflicting already-large Mantids with greater size) that harassed Minilla. With Godzilla around? BAD IDEA. They unsurprisingly got killed by the G-Man, with his Atomic Breath slaughtering two while a third made a hasty exit, where it was later killed by Kumonga, the giant spider. Others showed up later (in a little boy's dreams, and one was seen on Monster Island), but they've never done much. In Final Wars, a singular Kamacuras briefly challenges Godzilla, but his "camouflage" is easily sussed-out, and he's impaled on some electrical towers. Because they were marionettes on strings, Kamacuras models were MUCH more complicated than the "guys in rubber suits" models, and thus their effects are some of the best in the series.

-I did a similar build for "The Deadly Mantis", and this is a plus-sized version, more than doubling in size. It's a huge freaking species of bugs, but only PL 12.5 on offense, PL 11.5 on defense, and with a PL 13 Area Attack, so there's no way even three of them are a match for most of the Kaiju in Godzilla's neck of the woods. They'd still take a whole squad of super-heroes to take out, but Godzilla? No way.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacynSnow

Re: Kamacuras

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:58 am Image
Quote: "CHIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRR!!! CHHIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRR!!! CHHHHIIIIIRRRRR!!!!"
-Kamacuras is actually the name given to a species in the Tohoverse- a bunch of cruel-minded bug-things (created by a radiation storm afflicting already-large Mantids with greater size) that harassed Minilla. With Godzilla around? BAD IDEA. They unsurprisingly got killed by the G-Man, with his Atomic Breath slaughtering two while a third made a hasty exit, where it was later killed by Kumonga, the giant spider. Others showed up later (in a little boy's dreams, and one was seen on Monster Island), but they've never done much. In Final Wars, a singular Kamacuras briefly challenges Godzilla, but his "camouflage" is easily sussed-out, and he's impaled on some electrical towers. Because they were marionettes on strings, Kamacuras models were MUCH more complicated than the "guys in rubber suits" models, and thus their effects are some of the best in the series.
Now i don't have a fear of bugs in the slightest,but these thing's always creeped me out,so i was cheering when the G-man roasted these things..
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I think it’s the “alien” way that the marionette-based Kamacuras and Kumonga move compared to the traditional “guy in a rubber suit” monsters’ more “human” movement. Makes them seem extra creepy.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:14 am I think it’s the “alien” way that the marionette-based Kamacuras and Kumonga move compared to the traditional “guy in a rubber suit” monsters’ more “human” movement. Makes them seem extra creepy.
Maybe,but there's also the way they act too.I mean,there's 'Monster Cruelty'(you know,the typical Toho fare we all know&love) then there is 'Monsterous Cruelty' were you just bite the head off a Dude just to freak-out his Family(which is what these fucktards did to the Island natives)....
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

That’s why King Ghidorah is so scary; most daikaijū roar, screech, or scream... That three-headed bastard giggles.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:34 am That’s why King Ghidorah is so scary; most daikaijū roar, screech, or scream... That three-headed bastard giggles.
*Shudders*
Jabroniville

Anguirus

Post by Jabroniville »

Quote: "EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRR!!! EEEHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRR!!!!"

ANGUIRUS (Angilas- Showa Era)
Created By:
Motoyoshi Oda
First Appearance: "Godzilla Rides Again" (1955)
Role: Occasional Ally, Persistant Warrior, Mighty Glacier
Size: 50 meters (164 feet)
PL 14 (182), PL 15 (182) Area Attacks
STRENGTH
19 STAMINA 16 AGILITY -3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills: 
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 11 (+9, +18 Size)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Hold, Last Stand (Ignores All Damage for 1 Round w/ HP Spent), Ultimate Will Check, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 18 (Str & Sta +18, +18 Mass, +9 Intimidation, -9 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -18 Stealth) -- (170 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [37]
Protection 6 (Extras: Impervious 29) [35]

"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent) [3]
Speed +2 (30 mph) [2]
Burrowing 9 (30 mph) [9]

"Giant-Size Smash" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (45) -- [46]
  • AE: "Spike Smash" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+19 Damage, DC 34)
Spike Smash +6 (+21 Damage, DC 36)
Area Attacks +15 Area (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Initiative -3

Defenses:
Dodge +2 (DC 12), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +22 (+15 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +10

Complications:
Relationship (Godzilla)- Anguirus started out as an enemy of Godzilla, but grew to respect him, and eventually became one of his most stalwart allies.
Disabled (Animal)- Anguirus cannot speak, nor use his paws to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: -4 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 141 / Defenses: 28 (182)

-Anguirus is one of the great unsung heroes of the Toho-verse, being a guy who hangs with Godzilla, Ghidorah, Gigan and others, despite having few fancy powers, and nothing more than a spikey carapace to protect him against powerful energy weapons. I love the guy, myself- his call is one of the most awesome around (and one of the few I can imitate to where you can recognize them- his & King Ghidorah's. Note- do not try this on dates. Girls do not think that's a cool skill to have), he looks pretty rad no matter which version you're using, and he's the absolute most tenacious bastard around, aside from the G-Man himself. The only time he's EVER run is when Mechagodzilla nearly killed him, and he once faced off against Ghidorah AND Gigan simultaneously! Destroy All Monsters has a great scene where Ghidorah touches down, deciding that five monsters are an easy enough group to beat, and guess who's right there to make first attack? Anguirus, all "YEAH COME ON MOTHERFUCKER I DARE YOU!"

-The most iconic moment in Anguirus history is when King Ghidorah finally ran from the seven-monster onslaught (OK, four monsters and three watchers), and flew away to give himself a momentary break. And there was old Ankylosaur-breath, CLINGING ON TO ONE OF GHIDORAH'S NECKS, being carried away with him! The guy will NOT let go! Ghidorah has to bite his neck with another head, drop him HUNDREDS OF FEET (creating an impact crater so large it creates a new valley), and then dive-bomb him from above. He kicks seven shades of shit out of him, and you know what happens? Anguirus is out cold for about twenty seconds and then goes RIGHT BACK TO KICKING ASS.

-He even got a modicum of respect in Final Wars, being beaten down by Godzilla alongside King Caesar & Rodan, but allowed to live! OK, so Godzilla dumped them in a big pile like yesterday's garbage, but they lived, and the G-Man got nailed by a few "Flying Soccer Ball" attacks.

-Anguirus is a notch below Godzilla & Rodan, but is the most durable of the crew by a few levels- he is HARD to injure. He can spike-smash guys with his back or his head's horns, block just about anything, and his Advantages are keyed around grappling & toughness- he is one HARD bastard, and about the best possible guy to have watching your back when your 50 meters tall. "Final Wars" Anguirus is bigger, but still MUCH weaker than that PL 17 Godzilla, and maybe had some Leaping or something.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Actually,both King Ceasar and Rodan started knocking him back&forth like a Soccer Ball after he 'Turtled Up',with Godzilla stuck in the middle! Anguirus is always M.V.P. of any team he's part of.He's also a PERFECT example of a non-human Combat Samboist,doing his best work up-close....
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Let’s also remember that Anguirus is the second oldest daikaijū in the line-up. Debuting in the second Godzilla film ever produced, Godzilla's Counterattack! / Godzilla Raids Again in April 1955, a mere six months and some change after the November 1954 original!

It’s a remarkably fast turnaround, even by the standards of the Japanese studio system which cranked out movies at an assembly-line pace. But few of those were special effects extravaganzas like the Godzilla movies. They could have cheaped out and just had Godzilla fight another mostly-humanoid monster, but Anguirus really changes things up by being a quadruped.

Yeah, yeah, balsa wood buildings, toy trains, plastic model kit tanks, and reels of stock footage... But this was less than nine years after V-J Day. It’s almost an understatement to say WWII had decimated Japan... But, here they were, only a few years later cranking out cinematic marvels.