World of Freedom 3.2 - Whatever Comes To Mind

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Voltron64

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - The Geist! The Centurion Through The Ages! The Republic Alliance!

Post by Voltron64 »

So Adam Warlock meets Doomsday?
Davies

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - The Geist! The Centurion Through The Ages! The Republic Alliance!

Post by Davies »

More like Adam Warlock meets the Conner Kent Superboy and the Eradicator, with just a bit of the Fourth and Tenth Doctors -- and Petrea as Romana -- mixed in, plus some influence from Lin Carter's World's End novels.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Davies

Post by Davies »

Between all the stuff I posted in the Settings thread yesterday and some other events, to say nothing of getting my virtual hands on Modern AGE, I suspect that my posting of Petrea Stardance's character sheet will have to wait until tomorrow.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Petrea Stardance

Petrea's origins are largely discussed in Galendil's background. One thing that isn't mentioned there is the fact that Galendil, not wanting to simply produce a clone of himself, added genetic material taken from one of the female pirates who had been using the station as a lair. (Said pirate had met a very messy end while fighting him; he felt predictably guilty about that, and may have been trying to make up for it.) It's not clear if this necessarily resulted in the birth of a female example of their kind, and it certainly isn't clear whether it resulted in a thrill-seeking hedonist of their kind.

In her defence, she's only four-and-a-half years old. Nobody should possibly be expected to behave in a responsible and mature manner when they're four-and-a-half years old. Galendil should have known that, on being left to his own devices, she would immediately ignore his instructions to go see as much of the universe as she possibly can in the no doubt short interval that her mentor will be gone. So off she flew into the boondocks of the Stellar Imperium.

While Petrea is mostly interested in showing herself a really good time, she has run up against the forces of the Stellar Imperium a few times now, and has a bounty on her head. She finds that a bit flattering, and so doesn't take it all that seriously. Some of her exploits have inadvertently helped out the Republic Alliance, but Petrea has never even heard of them, nor would she be really interested in fighting for their cause. Or any cause. And honestly, fighting is something she avoids when she can. On the other hand, she has developed something of an interest in the art and science of laser swordplay, and would probably welcome the opportunity to test her skills against a worthy opponent.

And on the day that a picture of her reaches the desk of one Lady Avobombe, the latter will have the strangest feeling that she's looking at the other half of her soul, before cynicism reasserts itself and she starts thinking of ways to use this wild card.

Petrea Stardance -- PL 10

Abilities: STR 10/0 | STA 8 | AGL 5 | DEX 4 | FGT 8 | INT 2 | AWE 5 | PRE 3
Powers: Attuned to the Cosmos (Mental Communication 1; Comprehend Languages 4; Senses 7 [hyper-extended 3 cosmic awareness]), Born of the Stars (Immunity 10 [life support]; Impervious Toughness 8), Cosmic Power (Array: Ranged Damage 10, AP: Enhanced Strength 10, AP: Enhanced Flight 10, AP: Senses 20 [hyper-extended 10 vision]), Cosmic Traveler (Flight 10; Movement 3 [space-travel]).
Equipment: Laser Sword (Damage 6, Penetrating 6).
Advantages: Agile Feint, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 3, Fearless, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action.
Skills: Close Combat: Laser Sword 6 (+14), Perception 6 (+11), Ranged Combat: Cosmic Power 4 (+8).
Offense: Initiative +9, Unarmed +8 (Close Damage 10/0), Laser Sword +14 (Close Damage 6), Cosmic Blast +8 (Ranged Damage 10).
Defense: Dodge 12, Parry 12, Fortitude 9, Toughness 8, Will 7.
Totals: Abilities 70 + Powers 90 + Advantages 8 + Skills 8 + Defenses 14 = 190 points
Complications: Thrills--Motivation. Well, Thrills And A Comfortable Place to Sleep. And Some Yummy Food Might Be Nice, Too. Pleasant Company Also Adds A Certain Spice To Life. Respects Galendil, But Thrills Et Cetera Come First.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Splotch

A few weeks ago, it occurred to Joel Stein that he'd been going about as Splotch for twenty-five years. Twenty-five years! Where had the time gone? And so began a rather depressing flashback sequence that seemed to have the definite concluson that he'd wasted those years of his life doing this sort of thing. Shorn of the rather harsh and self-judgmental aspects, what he remembered was as follows.

At the age of 17, he and his younger brother Joshua had, while going through some old family photos, discovered the shadow ring that their paternal grandfather George had used to fight crime under the alias Ink Stain, alongside his eventual bride Jenny "Sprockets" Wendell. It was a profound surprise to both of them that it was in the possession of their father, Noah Stein, who despised all superheroes, especially his parents, and done his level best to make sure that neither of his sons knew anything about them. It was Joshua who decided that they had the responsibilty to use their grandfather's ring to try and make the world of the early Nineties into a better place, with Joel going along only reluctantly.

As Ink and Splotch, they became shadowy crime fighters in their native Boston. Ink was the more successful example, while Splotch kept messing up and embarassing himself. The problems carried over into their private lives, too, with Joshua becoming a successful lawyer and Joel dropping out of med school because he couldn't handle the pressure of combining it with his crime fighting. (Oddly, the fact that he'd wanted to be an artist in his youth, and was forced into med school by his father, never seems to figure in his recollections. Wonder why.)

When they'd been doing it for around ten years, disaster struck. Ink was targetted for assassination by Orion the Hunter, and became one of the several superhumans who fell to the bounty hunter before Lady Liberty handed him his first defeat later that same year. Or so it seemed, for Joshua actually survived the explosion Orion set up, but was left comatose with not much chance of recovery. Noah Stein went ballistic, claiming (at every opportunity) that his son had been attacked by Ink, Spotch and Orion working in cahoots to get to him! (The truth of the matter remains something of a mystery, for Orion has never revealed who hired him to take out Ink, beyond saying that he would have taken either Ink or Splotch, depending on who showed up.)

Joel's sense of responsibility wouldn't allow him to just quit superheroing, even though he really wanted to. He redoubled his efforts, and found his abilities growing, as though the shadow ring was growing more focused on him now that it only had one user. (In fact, that had nothing to do with it. The shadow ring is a psychic crutch for Joel's innate abilities, inherited from both Ink Stain and Jenny Sprockets. Several of his allies have figured it out, but elected not to reveal this to him as they're uncertain what the results would be.) His private life was a shambles, as the only place he could find work was his father's television station, where he received exactly no pay, and one of his father's appartment buildings, where he received free rent in exchange for managing the property.

Things finally began to look up for him in 2005, when he was recruited to serve as the Boston representative of the Freedom League. This began a long series of cases where he'd team up with various other members of the League and other heroes from Freedom City, most notably the Atom Family, who were profoundly grateful to him for proving their innocence when the Meta-Grue started a Boston crime spree posing as them. He was startled to realize that he was actually a well-respected member of the superheroic community, rather than the perpetual screw up he'd always been convinced that he was.

Joshua awoke from his coma in 2011, but was paralyzed from the waist down. For the first time, though, Joel's self-recriminations were met with an answer -- Joshua was honestly angry that his brother blamed himself for all this, rather than putting the blame squarely on Orion. Joshua ended up moving out of Boston to get away from his toxic father, and urged Joel to get as far from Noah as possible. Joel hesitated, though, and would up staying in Boston, out of a genuine love for the city.

The next big change in his life came in 2013, when yet another team-up with Chase Atom led to the younger hero accidentally discovering Joel's secret identity. (Well, as accidentally as it can be when the mind-reading revealed every atom of his consciousness screaming the words 'I mustn't let him know that I'm Joel Stein!') Chase learned a great deal about his family's friend in that episode, and was horrified by how unhappy the apparently ebulient superhero actually was. It reminded him of just how sad his sister Vickie was that, despite having had as many 'team-ups' as Splotch, she'd never had a serious romance ... and that consideration rather gave him to think.

A somewhat confused blind date later, and Joel found himself having more fun than he'd ever imagined someone could have outside of a costume. He's a little uncomfortable at the decade plus age difference between himself and Vicky, but she's not bothered, and it's been pointed out (by Chase) that there was an even greater gap between the ages of his grandparents. For the most part, though, this relationship has made them both very happy.

And then his father referred to Vicky as a harlot on his televison show.

It's sort of strange, isn't it? He'd heard his father call him (and his brother) far worse things. He'd heard him talk about some of the most amazing people he'd ever met as though they were the scum of the earth. But suddently Joel couldn't stop himself, he marched into his father's office, put on the ring and let loose a verbal tirade that made his father's rants look like kindergarten debates. He addressed his unhappiness with the way his father had treated his own parents, his anger over the way that Noah had exploited his other son, and twenty-plus years of frustration at engaging in slave labor for an unappreciative weasel of a man! "You can't fire me, I quit!" he shouted, took off the ring, and stomped out of the office.

For the next twenty-four hours, Joel hid under his bed, terrified that exposing his secret identity like that would have terrible reprecussions. But for whatever reasonn, Noah Stein has not revealed this ace up his sleeve. Perhaps he fears that having it known that he's the only member of his family who isn't a superhero will lead people to an unpleasant conclusion. Or perhaps he's having some sort of nervous breakdown. Joel hasn't spoken to the man since, and has no idea what's going on with him.

Of course, all this has resulted in some upheaval in his personal life. However, he's managed to find a new and slightly better apartment, and has a fairly good amount of money coming in as the result of a little-known Freedom League policy that pays the team's members a living wage if they don't have other employment. He also spends a great deal of time "commuting" between Boston and Freedom City, where he lives part-time at the Nucleus. (Even if he wasn't dating Vicky, he'd be welcome there, having saved Maximus' wife and kids on at least one occasion where the Atom Family couldn't be there to do so.)

So after reflecting on the way that his life was a waste, he went back to spend time with his extended family and many friends, all of whom were happy to come together to celebrate his birthday. He laughed, he cried, and he suspects that he'll be doing both for the rest of his life.

Splotch -- PL 11

Abilities: STR 8/3 | STA 2 | AGL 14/4 | DEX 10/2 | FGT 8 | INT 2 | AWE 3 | PRE 3
Powers: Doesn't Fear The Shadows (Immunity 2 [darkness powers]; Senses 2 [darkvision]), Shadowy Guise (Enhanced Agility 10; Enhanced Dexterity 8; Enhanced Strength 5; Morph 1), Shadowy Moves (Concealment 2 [visual], Limited to Shadows and Darkness; Movement 3 [slithering, wall-crawling 2]), Turn On The Dark (Array: Ranged Damage 12, AP: Ranged Progressive Affliction 8 [Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Will; Impaired, Disabled, Unaware), Limited to Vision, AP: Cumulative Ranged Affliction 8 [Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage; Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobilized, AP: Moveable Create 8, AP: Ranged Burst Area 3 Visual Concealment 4 Attack)
Advantages: Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Evasion 2, Extraordinary Effort, Improved Grab, Improved Trip, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Shot (Ranged/Cover), Seize Initiative, Taunt, Teamwork.
Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+20/+10), Athletics 4 (+12/+7), Deception 10 (+13), Expertise: Cameraman 9 (+11), Insight 8 (+11), Investigation 8 (+10), Perception 10 (+13), Sleight of Hand 3 (+13/+5), Treatment 6 (+8).
Offense: Initiative +14, Unarmed +8 (Close Damage 8), Ink Jet +10 (Ranged Damage 12), Blinding Jet +10 (Ranged Affliction 8, Resisted by Dodge), Ebon Bindings +10 (Ranged Affliction 8, Resisted by Dodge).
Defense: Dodge 14, Parry 14, Fortitude 5, Toughness 8/2, Will 11.
Totals: Abilities 54 + Powers 80 + Advantages 14 + Skills 32 + Defenses 17 = 197 points
Complications: Responsibility--Motivation. Enemy (Noah Stein). Family (Joshua ... and technically their father, but ...). Relationship (Vicky Atom.) Secret Identity (that's nowhere nearly as secret as he'd like.) Power Loss (cannot use any powers without the shadow ring.)
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

Well, I'm linking this to Charles. ;)
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

Oh, and the reason I'm thinking Noah Stein hates superheroes so much?

I'm going with that as a young man, Noah briefly used his dad's shadow ring to become Ink Stain II, but his attempts at super heroics ended BADLY.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Already told 'im, look forward to hearing what he thinks.

Re: Noah -- I have in mind two episodes, one from when he was a young boy and got beat up after his parents unmasked, one from when he's a young man and goes through a variation on this realization.

Davies

Post by Davies »

As suggested by Arkrite:

Takeuchi Wakaba, The Seeker of the Cards

Born in the last year of the twentieth century, Wakaba Takeuchi is of mixed Japanese and French-Canadian origin. Her father passed away when she was five, and she was raised by her mother and some of her cousins while living in Vancouver, British Columbia. She never even considered the possibility that she might one day go to Japan until shortly after her thirteenth birthday, when her mother revealed that her father's legacy included a scholarship allowing Wakaba to attend middle school at Japan's prestigious Akazuchi Academy.

A little nervous, and nearly certain that she'd be rejected by everyone there for her non-Japanese looks, she nonetheless boarded a plane that took her away from everything she knew. While she did encounter some prejudice, most notably in the form of people who refused to believe that she actually spoke Japanese as well as she did, by and large the populace of the Academy was welcoming and accepting. Wakaba missed her mother fiercely, but Skype chats took care of most of that. She was really starting to settle in when life threw her yet another curveball.

She was attending a lecture on the Tarot, more to keep one of her more occult-obsessed friends company, and trying not to nod off from the very boring speaker, when she suddenly blinked awake as she stared at the very large portrait of the Fool that the lecturer had just revealed. Wakaba was fairly sure that she'd never seen this painting before, and yet there was something very familiar about it. Right before the lecturer asked if there were any questions, Wakaba realized that it was a painting of her, and she stood up to demand to know what the big idea was, displaying a painting of a middle school girl without her permission like this.

Things became rather confusing after that. By the time they settled down, she was alone in the lecture hall with the speaker, he'd stopped yelling something about how this shouldn't be happening, and a giant hologram or something like it of the Fool had walked over towards her and merged into her. The speaker, now calmed down, explained that the Tarot deck he'd taken his pictures from was a unique one that he and someone called Eldritch had helped to assemble back in the 1980s. Not only had that particular card merged with her, the magical energy of the other cards had exploded out into the world and merged with various other people. And as the holder of the Fool card, it was her responsibility to gather the rest of them.

"But I'm thirteen years old!" she protested.

"I'm afraid the call doesn't care how old you are," the professor told her, and explained that the cards would distort their holders and cause all sorts of havoc in a rather blatant attempt to guilt her into collecting them. When she continued to play the 'too young for this' card, he turned around to appeal to her greed, as she would be able to call on the powers of the cards as she gathered them. That, and a promise that he'd have someone take all her classes for her while she was out doing this, was what finally got her motivated.

Over the last three years, Wakaba has managed to collect half of the Major Arcana, and enough of the Minor Arcana to give her some considerable combat abilities. The process is fairly straightforward -- she follows hints in the news about people who've started acting strangely, waits for a chance to confront them, does so in a way that draws out the card, and beats its manifestation using her magic, then claims the card. There have been a few hiccups, like the time that there were two card holders working together, but she's managed to overcome these difficulties with wit and courage.

In the process, she's grown a little, too. Gaining all this power is kind of cool, but she's seen lots of people horribly abusing the powers that the cards give them and knows that she doesn't want to turn into that. She collects the cards because it's something that needs to be done, rather than the ambition that initially drove her.

However, after a lengthy dry spell, she's come to the conclusion that she's managed to collect all the cards that were in Japan, and needs to move on if she's going to find the rest. Her first expedition outside of the country took her to Emerald City, where she met the magical girl Herald Phineus and worked together to fight a foe who was a card-holder (the Devil, to be precise) employing Phineus usual Hunger Monster enemies for his own purposes. The cardholder got away, unfortunately, but Phineus promised her that she'd help her on the follow-up, too.

Unfortunately, that promise was made right before a bunch of other magical girls showed up to kidnap Herald Phineus. Wakaba intends to rescue her, but she knows that she needs help. Maybe those Sentinels might be willing?

Takeuchi Wakaba, the Card Seeker -- PL 10
Abilities: STR 9/-1 | STA 10/0 | AGL 2 | DEX 2 | FGT 2 | INT 12/2 | AWE 4 | PRE 12/2
Powers: Embodies the Fool (Immunity 30 [Will]), Invocation of the Major Arcana (Array: Perception Area Affliction 10 [Resisted by Will; Hindered, Immobilized, Paralyzed], AP: Progressive Affliction 10 [Dazed, Compelled, Controlled], Limited to making target behave as though in love with another accurately perceived target, AP: Enhanced Intellect 10, AP: Enhanced Presence 10, AP: Enhanced Stamina 10, AP: Enhanced Strength 10, AP: Flight 10, AP: Healing 10, AP: Selective Area Luck Control 4, AP: Remote Sensing 10 [visual]), Invocation of the Minor Arcana (Ranged Damage 10, Check Required [Expertise: Magic, DC 15]; Enhanced Ranged Damage 4, Tiring), Mystic Senses (Mind-Reading 10, Limited to Emotions; Senses 3 [acute extended mystical awareness])
Advantages: Attractive, Beginner's Luck, Benefit 2 (independently wealthy), Improvised Tools, Language 2 (English, French, [Japanese is native]), Luck 4, Ritualist, Taunt.
Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+6), Deception 8 (+10/+20), Expertise: Magic 4 (+6/+16), Insight 8 (+12), Investigation 4 (+6/+16), Perception 8 (+12), Ranged Combat: Invocation of the Minor Arcana 4 (+6), Stealth 6 (+8).
Offense: Initiative +2, Unarmed +2 (Close Damage 9/-1), Invocation of the Minor Arcana +6 (Ranged Damage 14)
Defense: Dodge 8, Parry 6, Fortitude 10/0, Toughness 10/0, Will Immunity.
Totals: Abilities 26 + Powers 59 + Advantages 13 + Skills 23 + Defenses 10 = 159 points.
Complications: Collecting the Cards--Motivation. Minor. Overconfidence. Untrained (Wakaba does not know how to analyze evidence).

The Major Arcana associated with the effects of her array are as follows:

The Magician: Enhanced Intellect
The High Priestess: Healing
The Emperor: Enhanced Presence
The Empress: Perception Area Affliction
The Hierophant: Remote Sensing [visual]
The Lovers: Progressive Affliction
The Chariot: Flight
Strength: Enhanced Strength
The Hermit: Enhanced Stamina
Wheel of Fortune: Luck Control

What powers are granted by the other cards of the Major Arcana is left open to be developed. If Wakaba should ever gather all 78 cards, she will gain access to Mastery of the Major and Minor Arcana (Variable 8, Free Action).
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I am terribly amused that the cards seem to want to be collected, but are playing hard to get. ;~)
Davies

Post by Davies »

Well, if you were a weaponized supernatural force, you'd probably want to be used in general, but you might want specifically to be used by someone who demonstrably knows what they're doing.

Next Up: The Post-Collapsar Sentinels.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Davies wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:33 am Petrea Stardance

Perfect name. 8-)

But now I want to make a Washu for the Freedom universe...
Davies

Post by Davies »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:47 am But now I want to make a Washu for the Freedom universe...
If I were ever going to use the Norn (from Time of Crisis) -- whom the Cosmic Handbook describes as "sometimes shift[ing] in appearance
from youthful to aged" -- in one of my games, I'd throw a bit of Washu's characterization onto her, as well as suggesting that she created the station where Galendil and Petrea were born. "So maybe you could call me grandma. Or nana. No?"
Davies

Post by Davies »

Princess (as of June 2016)

The quest for the Precursor Stones and the battle against Collapsar were incredibly gruelling, calling on all the Sentinels (and the Freedom League, too!) to push their abilities to and past what they'd thought of as limits. Just as in her childhood, though, when Princess pushed up against a limit, the limit moved back as though afraid of her, and she became faster, higher and stronger as a result. As a consequence, while Rocky and (especially) Centuria hit harder than she does, she is Centuria's peer when it comes to lifting strength. That's a little terrifying, especially in combination with her growing speed.

However, her relationship with Centuria is less a rivalry than a strong friendship, forged during the quest and having continued up to the present. Kate sees Princess as a role model when she considers the notion of being the leader of the Freedom League, but also is genuinely impressed that she's a woman with power who, without any legacy or 'chosen one' status, decided to use her abilities to help others. For her part, Jessica thinks the world of Centuria, and believes that some day, the Centurion will be most noteworthy for having been her father, instead of the other way around.

Princess has also befriended Lady Liberty, though they're more at a 'friend of a friend' levels of friendship. That said, in the way that one can sometimes recognize another, Princess has figured out that Lady Liberty's powers are dependent on her level of self-confidence. She's considered offering to teach the younger heroine some of the strategies she uses for regaining lost self-confidence, but hesitates, knowing that this could come off as condescending and also aware that Sonia faces challenges every day that Jessica has no idea how she'd handle. Despite this, the two of them recently cooperated very well against Madame Guillotine.

Unfortunately, all the wins sometimes make the losses that much worse, as when she, Kid Robot, and Xeno were beaten up by two Japanese magical girls who were abducting the young heroine Herald Phineus. It makes no sense to Princess that she should be able to take part in defeating a cosmic threat like Collapsar, and then get find herself overcome by a pair of teenagers with an attitude problem. Her normally easy-going attitude has vanished as a result, and she really wants a rematch, soon.

At least, definitely before her wedding to Mitch, which is scheduled for August. He finally popped the question right before she departed on the Collapsar mission, and Jessica eagerly agreed. Determined not to be a Bridezilla, she intends for it to be a quiet, private ceremony ... though given that the guests will include members of the Sentinels who don't have her secret identity, she is preparing for a wedding day bash nonetheless.

She might have prepared for more than that, if she knew that, on the day of the proposal, Dolorosa jerked awake from a dreamless sleep with a startled cry on her lips ... and began considering leaving this world as soon as possible.

Princess -- PL 11

Abilities: STR 13 | STA 13 | AGL 6 | DEX 4 | FGT 7 | INT 2 | AWE 2 | PRE 2
Powers: Fast (Quickness 2; Speed 8), Leaping (Leaping 12), Resilient (Immunity 5 [cold, heat, pressure, radiation, vacuum]; Immunity 2 [suffocation], Limited to half effect; Impervious Toughness 13; Regeneration 5), Super-Strength (Enhanced Strength 4, Limited to lifting), Unrecognizable (Feature [no one can tell Jessica and Princess are the same person]).
Advantages: Agile Feint, All-out Attack, Attractive, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Improved Initiative, Inspire 2, Interpose, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Second Chance (mind control), Ultimate Effort (Toughness checks), Well-Informed.
Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+9), Athletics 2 (+15), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+9), Expertise: Medicine 7 (+9), Intimidation 6 (+8), Perception 8 (+10), Ranged Combat: Throwing 3 (+7), Treatment 7 (+9)
Offense: Initiative +10, Unarmed +9 (Close Damage 13).
Defense: Dodge 9, Parry 9, Fortitude 13, Toughness 13, Will 9.
Totals: Abilities 98 + Powers 51 + Advantages 14 + Skills 19 + Defenses 12 = 194 points
Complications: Doing Good--Motivation. Power Loss (loss of confidence). Relationship. Secret Identity.
greycrusader

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Splotch! Card Seeker Wakaba! The Sentinels (updated)!

Post by greycrusader »

Hey Davies!

Tremendous job in writing the background and statistics of Mistress Oblivion-if you're good with it, I' like to link to it when I post my notes on The Oblivion Knight in my Rogues Gallery thread. While I envisioned "her" as more an abstract PL X entity (essentially another avatar/aspect of the Entropy god worshiped by Omega), your take as a peer of the Lord of the Terminus is equally worthy.

In fact, I've been greatly enjoying all your characters-the Dirty Pair ersatzes perhaps the most, save their Bad Luck Affliction would have to be a LOT more potent to reflect the carnage left behind by the Pair...

The Adam Warlock/Eradicator pastiche is also an especial favorite. Oddly, I was just thinking about numerous analogues missing from the counterpart- heavy Freedom City universe, including the above mentioned characters.

Nice update on the Sentinels-for whatever reason, I picture my Candy Crew rogues having a better run in Emerald City than in Freedom, despite the "history" their leader Candy Czar has with some of the older Freedom League members (which I guess could carry over to the Old Guard). Cinnamon Styxx is a native, and Wicked Licorice has fey relatives in the forests outside the city. I also picture the Crew vs. Sentinels as being a more "fun" match-up.

Great to see Splotch and his family included as well! I'm not sure if you were aware, but I was a big contributor to the old ATT threads which expanded the Halt Evil Doer! campaign setting.

All my best!