Jab's Rifts Builds (Rifts- A Final Summation!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (Wilderness Scouts, Borgs, Glitter Boys, Juicers)

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:49 am Rifts is technically a post-post-Apocalyptic setting, being some 300-400 years since the Coming of the Rifts and 110-ish years since the founding of Chi-Town (depending on how far along in the metaplot any given book was printed). So there’s actually a fairly “safe” corridor running diagonally from Free Quebec in the northeast, down through the Upper Peninsula (Northern Gun), down through modern day Wisconsin, through Chi-Town, down to Arkansas, and then over to Lone Star in the southwest.

“Safe” is a relative term, but trade convoys and merchant caravans (in M.D.C. transports with guards packing M.D. weaponry) can make the trip between the major cities without too much risk... Just enough risk to justify having the Player Characters work as “caravan guards” to get from one city to the next, prior to building up enough XP to got further afield.
Ah, I didn't realize so much uninterrupted space was still available to humanity. Plus the randomness of rifts and alien beings seemed to indicate a world where everyone outside of a major city was in constant danger. Though I guess there are tons of places in the New West devoted to farm communities and less-defended places.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

There’s still rift activity, wandering monsters, bandit gangs, slavers, and the occasional rogue kill-o-bot. It’s not “safe,” but it’s not instant death for prepared groups to travel through if they’re cautious.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Psycho-Stalker

Post by Jabroniville »

Holy shit- it's the WWF meets Image Comics.

PSYCHO-STALKER O.C.C.
Role:
Action Junkies, Psychic Vampires
PL 9 (170), PL 11 (170) Temporary Boosts
STRENGTH
3/6 STAMINA 3/5 AGILITY 3/6
FIGHTING 8/10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+8)
Athletics 6 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+12)
Expertise (Mercenary) 8 (+8)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 5 (+8)
Investigation 3 (+3)
Perception 5 (+5)
Stealth 2 (+8)
Technology 5 (+5)
Vehicles 4 (+8)

Advantages:
Benefit (Rank- Coalition Soldier), Equipment 11 (CS Gear), Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Juicer Bio-Comp System"
Enhanced Strength & Agility 3 [12]
Enhanced Stamina 2 [4]
Enhanced Fighting 2 [4]
Enhanced Advantages 8: Diehard, Evasion, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Quick Draw, Seize Initiative, Uncanny Dodge [8]

"Elite Athletes"
Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
Regeneration 2 [2]

"Saving Throws"
Enhanced Fortitude 1 [1]
Enhanced Will 2 (Flaws: Limited to vs. Psionics) [1]

"Temporary MDC Being" Protection 3 (Extras: Impervious 9) (Flaws: Fades) [9]

"Psi-Hunter" Senses 4 (Detect Psionics- Ranged, Tracking, Acute) [4]
"Mage-Hunter" Senses 4 (Magical Awareness- Ranged, Tracking, Acute) [4]
"Monster Hunter" Senses 3 (Supernatural Being Awareness- Ranged, Acute) [3]
"Bonuses" Enhanced Will 4 (Flaws: Limited to Psionics) [2]
"Minimal Food Requirements" Immunity 2 (Starvation & Thirst) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [1]
"Psionic Empathy With Animals" Features 2: Immediately Accepted by Domesticated Animals, Animals Treat Like Another Woodland Creature [2]

"Low-Level Psionics- Sensitive"
"Telepathy" Mind-Reading 4 Linked to Communication 1 (Mental) (Flaws: Limited to Brief Messages) (11) -- [16]
  • AE: "Empathy" Mind-Reading 6 (Flaws: Limited to Emotions) (6)
  • AE: "Astral Projection" Remote Sensing (Vision) 3 (Flaws: Physical Body is Defenseless) (3)
  • AE: "See The Invisible" Senses 2 (Vision Counters Concealment) (2)
  • AE: "Mind Block" Immunity 20 (Mental Powers) (Flaws: Fades) (10)
  • AE: "Object Reading" Postcognition (Flaws: Limited to Objects) (2)
  • AE: "Drain P.P.E." Weaken Powers 10 (Flaws: Limited to Psionics & Magic Creatures, Limited to Bleeding Victims) (3)
Equipment:
"CS Gear"
"Dead Boy Body Armor"
Protection 2 (Impervious 5) (7)
Immunity 6 (Radiation, Vacuum, Hot, Cold, Suffocation 2) (6)
Mini-Computer (2)
Tinted Visor, Loudspeaker, etc. (3)

"C-12 Heavy Assault Rifle" Blast 10 (Extras: Multiattack) (30)
"Assorted Gear" Gas Masks, Radios, etc. (4)

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Vibro-Knife +10 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
SDC Bullet +8 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Energy Rifle +8 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Weaken Powers +10 (+10 Weaken, DC 20)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +6 (+9 Armor, +12 Psycho-Boost), Fortitude +4 (+8 Juicer), Will +5 (+7 vs. Psionics)

Complications:
Responsibility (The Coalition States)- All Coalition military personell are expected to uphold the virtues of the CS, and are subject to "reorientation", or worse, if they stray.
Enemy (Tolkeen)- The Magic-heavy state is anathema to the Coalition States.
Hatred (D-Bees, Psychics, Magic)
Responsibility (Early Death)- Juicers must engage in the dangerous "Detoxification" process or die- a Juicer's lifespan is between five and seven years after they join the O.C.C., with no exceptions.
Addiction (Action)- Juicers are touchy, nervous and exciteable. They crave action, danger and adventure. Some have tossed themselves off of buildings for kicks.
Responsibility (Cannot Sleep)- Juicers cannot sleep without sedatives or tranquilizers.
Power Loss (Juicer Abilities)- If a Juicer Detoxes, they will not only lose all their Powers, but drop BELOW their baseline stats on occasion! They will also look ten years older than normal. Most Juicers crave the lifestyle, and many become suicidal or addicted to other drugs instead.
Responsibility (Kill-Switch)- Coalition Juicers are given "Kill Switches"- cybernetic installments that will kill them if they ever desert or turn on the Coalition. Most are unaware of this.
Power Loss (Psionics)- Psycho-Stalkers not only suffer from greater than normal hunger for psionic energy during the last two years of their live, but they lose ALL Psionic Powers- a dreadful fate for such a being!

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 46--23 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 77 / Defenses: 6 (170)

-Another Coalition O.C.C., the Psycho-Stalker is a bizarre combination of Juicer and Psi-Stalker. The creation is so weird (and features such a tiny piece of art) that I wonder why it's even in there. I guess they wanted something slightly DIFFERENT from a Delphi Juicer, or just wanted something to boost the somewhat-forgotten Psi-Stalker class (which really doesn't get much play in Coalition War Machine or most other books)? I really don't know. The art looks like a guy in Road Warrior facepaint and some Generic Rifts Armor.

-Psycho-Stalkers are essentially a combination Psi-Stalker/Juicer, gaining the attributes of both, with no negatives aside from halving the range of the Stalker's Psionic powers. PLUS, it gains the ability to temporarily convert all of their SDC & Hit Points to *MDC*, rendering them about 200-ish MDC higher than ordinary! Given that Coalition gear is typically 80-110 MDC, this turns you into a functional SAMAS in terms of durability, though the offensive capability is strictly "Juicer".
Jabroniville

Titan Juicer

Post by Jabroniville »

TITAN JUICER O.C.C.
Role:
Super Steroid Junkies, Powerhouses, Mercenaries
PL 10 (133)
STRENGTH
3/8 STAMINA 3/8 AGILITY 3/4
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+8)
Athletics 6 (+12)
Intimidation 7 (+10)
Investigation 3 (+3)
Perception 5 (+5)
Technology 5 (+5)
Vehicles 4 (+8)

Advantages:
Equipment 10 (Juicer Gear), Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Juicer Bio-Comp System"
Enhanced Strength & Stamina 5 [20]
Enhanced Agility 1 [2]
Strength-Damage +3 [3]
Enhanced Advantages 8: Diehard, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Uncanny Dodge [8]

"Elite Athletes"
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
Regeneration 2 [2]

"Huge Size"
Features 1: Increased Mass [1]
Reach 1 [1]

"Saving Throws"
Enhanced Fortitude 1 [1]

Equipment:
"Juicer Gear"
"Juicer Assassin's Plate" Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 5) (7)
"Mercenary Gear" Assorted Stuff 5 (5)
"Vibro Blade" Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Penetrating 6) (8)

"Energy Rifle" Blast 10 (Feats: Range) (Extras: Multiattack) (31)

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Vibro-Knife +7 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
SDC Bullet +7 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Energy Rifle +7 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +8 (+10 Armor), Fortitude +4 (+9 Juicer), Will +5 (+7 vs. Psionics)

Complications:
Responsibility (Early Death)- Juicers must engage in the dangerous "Detoxification" process or die- a Titan Juicer's lifespan is between four and six years after they join the O.C.C., with no exceptions. Titans live for less time than other Juicers, as well.
Addiction (Action)- Juicers are touchy, nervous and exciteable. They crave action, danger and adventure. Some have tossed themselves off of buildings for kicks.
Responsibility (Cannot Sleep)- Juicers cannot sleep without sedatives or tranquilizers.
Responsibilty (Owes Money)- Becoming a Juicer costs a pretty penny, and most people who take the process are quite poor. This means they usually owe money to someone.
Power Loss (Juicer Abilities)- If a Juicer Detoxes, they will not only lose all their Powers, but drop BELOW their baseline stats on occasion! They will also look ten years older than normal. Most Juicers crave the lifestyle, and many become suicidal or addicted to other drugs instead.
Responsibility (Too Much Strength)- The massive Titan Juicers are so strong that they often have problems with manual dexterity, using too much force on everyday objects, damaging them beyond repair.
Responsibility (Need Gloves)- Titan Juicers' bones are often not QUITE as strong as their muscles- they typically need to wear gloves to punch heavy-duty structures and beings, lest they end up with broken hands.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 43 / Defenses: 9 (133)

-The Titan Juicer is as obvious evolution of the "Juicer" concept- while Juicers are tough and strong, they're still very "squishy" compared to the glut of MDC gear in the game. To the point where their much-vaunted super-powers are actually rather low-end, and their extra attacks per melee are their biggest advantage (I mean, what are 400 extra SDC worth?). So the TITAN Juicer enhancement is more the speed of a true powerhouse, dealing out Mega-Damage with their fists.

-A few things are peculiarities with the type, however. It's said to be extra-popular, and around 5% of Juicers are Titans. But they're REALLY conspicuous, being about 60-80% larger than their original form, turning into absolute monsters. Given that this would demolish any chance of stealth or disguise (never mind that the Coalition would hunt these guys down on-sight), there are some negatives. The art is one of Vince Martin's biggest dudes- a COLOSSAL guy sporting proportions of a comic book "Strong Guy", and zero armor- it's later explained that Titans wear armor specifically suited for them. Titans also gain a HUGE amount of SDC- almost four times what a standard Juicer gets! Though the game humorously notes that even 2000 SDC is only enough to survive a salvo or two of laser weapons fire, so you still need armor.

-This ends up resulting in a class of fighter that's somehow dealing huge damage in melee, but is still very soft compared to REAL MDC Powerhouses, and so still needs armor. JU helpfully shares the rules of conversions for "Supernatural Strength" into Rifts damage, meaning that Titan Juicers hit for some serious Mega-Damage. Considering that you're likely gonna make Strength your biggest stat, you're likely looking at 4-6 MD per strike- about equivalent to a high-end Laser Rifle!

-The key flaws with this O.C.C. are the obvious nature of the enhancements, a lowered Speed, and of course, they LOSE ONE ATTACK, which is a huge flaw in this game. But otherwise they can still shoot and take damage as well as anyone. Of course, the BIGGEST thing held against them is likely that, in spite of being "The Strong Juicer Class", they are notably LESS dangerous and tough than Mega-Juicers, Dragon Juicers or Splugorth Juicers. So, like, if you wanna play the biggest, baddest dude on the block, you would be playing one of them. Unless you just want the size advantage.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I remember something about Titan Juicers needing to special gloves to really get the most out of their strength, because doing MDC damage with an SDC fist meant that you're left with an SDC mass of broken bones after punching something too many times.

Really, the Juicer customizations seem neat, but ultimately only the "mega-juicers" really seem to be worth deviating from the standard Juicer template. Then again, Juicers should be akin to Movie Captain America with Movie Spider-Man speed and agility, letting them be highly agile one-man armies to counter balance the tougher but slower Combat Cyborgs and Glitter Boys.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ares wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:53 am I remember something about Titan Juicers needing to special gloves to really get the most out of their strength, because doing MDC damage with an SDC fist meant that you're left with an SDC mass of broken bones after punching something too many times.

Really, the Juicer customizations seem neat, but ultimately only the "mega-juicers" really seem to be worth deviating from the standard Juicer template. Then again, Juicers should be akin to Movie Captain America with Movie Spider-Man speed and agility, letting them be highly agile one-man armies to counter balance the tougher but slower Combat Cyborgs and Glitter Boys.
Oh yeah, forgot to include the "gloves" thing.

Descriptions of Juicers fighting show them as being pretty terrifying- almost more than they really are in game stats. First-person tales include it looking like the Juicers teleported as they move, lashing out and one-shotting opponents in melee. A CS guy talks about the "Valkyri" group wiping out his entire unit effortlessly. Given the MDC of Coalition forces, that's easier said than done in game mechanics.

Though Juicers are definitely high-tier thanks to their extra attacks. If they're armored up as well as the Coalition are, they'll generally take out two CS goons for every one Juicer, and that's before you account for their "Automatic Dodge" (one of the God Stats of Palladium). If they have CS-level gear, it's a wash.

A lot of the tales seem to indicate that Juicers get involved in a lot of SDC-style mayhem, though- getting into barfights in places where their armor and weapons aren't allowed. It's probably just Siembieda's weird take on his own universe.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Huh- here's something interesting. Someone in the Something Awful/FATAL reviews of Coalition War Campaign commented on some bits, and I went to read those parts, as I'd skipped them over looking at the book.

It turns out that as CJ Carella left Palladium as staff writer, Kevin Siembieda managed to "un-do" a fair bit of his work. CJ, as I've noted, is notorious for introducing some major "Power Creep" into the setting- fans either love him for his writing and ideas, or HATE him for the way he ramped up the power of guys in South America and Mercenary armies. He's commented off-handedly that the "office" disliked that immensely, and from what I've heard, KS openly blamed him in one book for over-powering things.

Soooo... turns out that in CWC, KS and others wrote a bit about how Naruni Enterprises, written into Carella's Rifts Mercenaries as a band of alien traders selling the highest-tech gear in the setting as an "inroads" into taking chunks of money from Rifts Earth, have been largely wiped out in a Coalition raid. It's said that they somehow found ALL of their known bases, wiped them out, and killed all of their associates. This effectively writes them out of the setting (though leaves the possibility of some leftovers). Probably a "Take That" from The Office at Carella's super-powered gear, as the Naruni tech was a notorious example of Power Creep in the setting.

Apparently Iron Heart, another base of great power, was also taken over, and turned into a standard "Coalition War Factory", so there super-gear might be off-limits as well.

A poster in the thread commented on these after-effects still being felt today, as even the BEAUTIFUL art in stuff like Rifts Lemuria is given to fairly under-powered stuff, as the super-Lemurian Bio-Armors are only packing SAMAS-level stats, for the most part.

So yeah, as infamous as Rifts is for Power Creep, KS is SUCH a Creep-hater (which I find so incredibly ironic, given that he RUNS THE DAMN COMPANY) that it's largely been static since the mid-1990s.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:43 am Soooo... turns out that in CWC, KS and others wrote a bit about how Naruni Enterprises, written into Carella's Rifts Mercenaries as a band of alien traders selling the highest-tech gear in the setting as an "inroads" into taking chunks of money from Rifts Earth, have been largely wiped out in a Coalition raid. It's said that they somehow found ALL of their known bases, wiped them out, and killed all of their associates.
And yet, still not the most cavalier disposal of a supplement-introduced campaign element that I've ever heard about.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Davies wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:01 am
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:43 am Soooo... turns out that in CWC, KS and others wrote a bit about how Naruni Enterprises, written into Carella's Rifts Mercenaries as a band of alien traders selling the highest-tech gear in the setting as an "inroads" into taking chunks of money from Rifts Earth, have been largely wiped out in a Coalition raid. It's said that they somehow found ALL of their known bases, wiped them out, and killed all of their associates.
And yet, still not the most cavalier disposal of a supplement-introduced campaign element that I've ever heard about.
Oh yeah? What's the worst one?
Davies

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:12 am
Me wrote: And yet, still not the most cavalier disposal of a supplement-introduced campaign element that I've ever heard about.
Oh yeah? What's the worst one?
Bear in mind, this was a while ago, so I may be getting the details wrong. Interestingly, it's also from a post-apocalyptic setting, Deadlands: The Wasted West. One of the factions of that setting was a group of people who worshipped radioactive energy and got magical powers from doing so. This group was divided into two groups, one of whom could be player characters and the other one who were sinister bad guys. Now of course, something like this was bound to get a splatbook of its own, and when it did it added a third sub group of this faction which could also be player characters, and gave rules for creating a character like that.

And quite soon afterwards it was announced in one of the official adventures that this sub group had been completely wiped out, and let's never speak of them again.

Why is it worse? Fiating away a group of NPCs that your group's player characters may have had dealings with is one thing, but fiating away a group to which your group's PCs might belong? Even if the PC in question is allowed to be "last of their kind", there's a good chance that wasn't what the player wanted to be when they made up the character. It struck me as really bad writing when I encountered it, and now I'm wondering whether it didn't come out of a similar 'you're dead to us' behind-the-scenes situation.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Curbludgeon

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (Giant Robots, Scholars, Wilderness Scouts, Borgs)

Post by Curbludgeon »

A cheesy thing to do with Titan Juicers is to make them Cold-Blooded (Sourcebook 5: Mercenary Adventures). This makes them half-undead raw meat eaters, and while their PS goes from Supernatural down to Robotic, they gain 1d6/round regeneration, turn SDC/HP to MDC (2000 MDC is, what, Toughness +18?), and skip out on Last Call.
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:14 pm
Curbludgeon wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:36 pm the Rifts Board Game kickstarter (which in particular involves arguably the most shameful act of KS's career
Ah yes, the "You mean trolls convinced a young man to ATTEMPT SUICIDE!". I saw that one yesterday.
I'd say it was a little worse than that. Not to dwell on it overlong, but CB gave KS his life's savings to license the Rifts brand. After it was known by KS the RTT kickstarter could never meet its goals, and would have to give refunds per then-current policy, KS sat on that for a couple of years. Only once Harmony Gold told PB they were pulling the RT license, putting a clock on the issue, did PB release a statement. Since CB was developing the board game under a company ostensibly different from PB solely to get around policies regarding simultaneous kickstarters, the RTT backers felt aggrieved, and made that clear. I'd have to look again, but I don't recall any backer comments that were really awful. CB reacted poorly to this, but in his defense it looked like he was going to lose everything. KS then divulged publicly personal information in hopes of shaming wronged backers into silence. For KS to immediately take advantage of someone's fragile state after fleecing him blind just to deflect precisely no consequences of actions he's had years to contemplate... is just beyond the pale, man.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ah, I didn't realize the full story there. Just standard "oh it turns out that nothing is my fault" stuff and not keeping people in-the-know. Yeah, that does make it even worse.

And yeah, the comments were apparently quite civil, if aggrieved, in the Kickstarter threads I saw. KS's reaction to them was pretty terrible.
A cheesy thing to do with Titan Juicers is to make them Cold-Blooded (Sourcebook 5: Mercenary Adventures). This makes them half-undead raw meat eaters, and while their PS goes from Supernatural down to Robotic, they gain 1d6/round regeneration, turn SDC/HP to MDC (2000 MDC is, what, Toughness +18?), and skip out on Last Call.
Good heavens, yes. The funny thing, of course, is RIFTS of all things somehow needing "cheesy game-breaking stuff" included :).
Jabroniville

Mega-Juicer

Post by Jabroniville »

MEGA-JUICER O.C.C.
Role:
Super-Steroid Warriors, Juicer +1, Action Junkies, Mercenaries
PL 11 (153)
STRENGTH
3/7 STAMINA 3/8 AGILITY 3/6

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+8)
Athletics 6 (+12)
Intimidation 5 (+8)
Investigation 3 (+3)
Perception 5 (+5)
Stealth 2 (+8)
Technology 5 (+5)
Vehicles 4 (+8)

Advantages:
Equipment 14 (Juicer Gear), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Juicer Bio-Comp System"
Enhanced Strength 4 [8]
Enhanced Stamina 5 [10]
Enhanced Agility 3 [6]
Enhanced Fighting 2 [4]
Enhanced Advantages 8: Diehard, Evasion, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Quick Draw, Seize Initiative, Uncanny Dodge [8]

"Elite Athletes"
Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

"Saving Throws"
Enhanced Fortitude 1 [1]

"Mega-Juicer Enhancements"
Regeneration 5 [5]
Impervious Toughness 9 [9]

Equipment:
"Juicer Gear"
"Mega-Juicer Armor" Protection 3 (Extras: Impervious 8) (Restricted to ST 5+, Stealth -2) (11)
"Forearm Vibro-Blades" Damage +3 (Extras: Penetrating 10) (13)

"JA-11 Juicer Assassin's Energy Rifle" Blast 10 (Feats: Range) (Extras: Multiattack) (31) -- (32)
  • AE: "S.D.C. Bullet" Blast 4 (8)
Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Vibro-Blades +10 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +8 (+11 Armor), Fortitude +4 (+9 Juicer), Will +5 (+7 vs. Psionics)

Complications:
Responsibility (Early Death)- Juicers must engage in the dangerous "Detoxification" process or die- a Juicer's lifespan is between five and seven years after they join the O.C.C., with no exceptions.
Responsibilty (Owes Money)- Becoming a Juicer costs a pretty penny, and most people who take the process are quite poor. This means they usually owe money to someone.
Responsibility (Last Call)- Mega-Juicers are horribly disadvantaged during their last years, as their psionic energy grows out of control. Many will have eyes glowing so bright that even the darkest of visors will not hide the effect, their final weeks give them a permanent Energy Aura, and the final act of death will cause the Mega-Juicer to explode in a violent eruption! Thusly, most Mega-Juicers visibly showing the signs of their "Last Call" will either be shot (from a safe distance) or banished to the wilderness.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 46--23 / Advantages: 19 / Powers: 57 / Defenses: 6 (153)

-"If you wanna be tough, become a Juicer. If you wanna be a GOD, become a Mega-Juicer!" goes the graffiti mentioned at the beginning of the Mega-Juicer O.C.C.'s description, and it's a good fit. Probably the most "Power Creep-y" character in the whole Juicer Uprising book, the Mega-Juicer is the obvious culmination of the character class- not just becoming super-strong and super-fast, but a pure MEGA-DAMAGE BEING. And the art is some of Vince Martin's Riftsiest, featuring spikes, spikes ON spikes, a visor, giant rounded armor bits, straps for literally no reason (what is that jewel thingie on the front of his chest supposed to be?), huge shoulder pads, and a weapon that is spikes with a spike covering.

-Mega-Juicers are created via a modification of the Juicer process that weaponizes people with large amounts of Potential Psionic Energy (PPE), triggering the energy through drugs and implants that convert the Juicer into a Mega-Damage Being. Your MDC is actually not that impressive- your Physical Endurance stat x4. I mean, that's GOOD, because you get 5D6 total to your PE, plus the auto-take Physical Skills that boost it, but you're likely looking at just over 100+ MDC, which isn't that massive compared to even the other two Mega-Damage Juicers in the book., and even with their MDC Armor only adds up to half of the toughest Dragon Hatchlings. But those two extra attacks they get help push them up pretty far- Mega-Juicers are pretty hardcore fighters.

-Mega-Juicers are PL 10 on offense with their Vibro-Blades, but PL 10.5 defensively, owing to their greater MDC skin & armor. A Mega-Juicer in combat is better than a CS SAMAS Pilot, and just as durable if he's rolled his health right.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Dragon Juicer

Post by Jabroniville »

SO GODDAMN METAL.

DRAGON JUICER O.C.C.
Role:
Super-Steroid Warriors, Juicer +1, Action Junkies, The Riftsiest Thing in the Universe
PL 11 (166)
STRENGTH
3/7 STAMINA 3/10 AGILITY 3/6

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+8)
Athletics 6 (+12)
Intimidation 5 (+8)
Investigation 3 (+3)
Perception 5 (+5)
Stealth 2 (+8)
Technology 5 (+5)
Vehicles 4 (+8)

Advantages:
Equipment 7 (Juicer Gear), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Juicer Bio-Comp System"
Enhanced Strength 4 [8]
Enhanced Stamina 7 [14]
Enhanced Agility 3 [6]
Enhanced Fighting 2 [4]

"Elite Athletes"
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

"Saving Throws"
Enhanced Fortitude 1 [1]

"Dragon Juicer Enhancements"
Regeneration 8 [8]
Impervious Toughness 11 [11]

"Dragon-Hide Armor" (Flaws: Removable) [12]
Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 5) (7)
"Claws" Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Penetrating 6) (8)
-- (15 points)

Equipment:
"Juicer Gear"

"JA-11 Juicer Assassin's Energy Rifle" Blast 10 (Feats: Range) (Extras: Multiattack) (31) -- (32)
  • AE: "S.D.C. Bullet" Blast 4 (8)
Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Dragon-Hide Claws +10 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +10 (+12 Armor, +6-8 Impervious), Fortitude +4 (+11 Juicer), Will +5 (+7 vs. Psionics)

Complications:
Responsibility (Early Death)- Juicers must engage in the dangerous "Detoxification" process or die- a Juicer's lifespan is between five and seven years after they join the O.C.C., with no exceptions. Dragon Juicers add a few months if they extract blood from older Dragons.
Enemy (Dragons)- Dragons will typically attack a Dragon Juicer on sight.
Vulnerable (Anti-Dragon Weapons)- Weapons and equipment that carries an extra effect against Dragons will affect a Dragon Juicer the same way.
Responsibility (Insanity)- Dragon Juicers will have nightmares about Dragons for the rest of their lives. They are also incredibly addicted to Dragon Blood, losing stats rapidly if kept from it. After two years of being Dragon Juicers, they may become either dracophobic, attack all dragons on-sight, or obsessed with actaully drinking dragon's blood.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 46--23 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 77 / Defenses: 6 (166)

-The question "What is the Riftsiest thing in the Megaverse?" is a common one, given the game's reputation for insanity and over-the-top weirdness. There's a lot of bizarre stuff out there- Pixies on mercenary teams, Robotic T-Rexes, Skulls walking on spider-legs, etc. But I would hazard a guess to say that a steroid addict who uses the BLOOD OF DRAGONS to give him super-powers, while wearing armor made of Dragons, is possibly the Riftsiest thing of all.

-So yes, Juicer Uprising features a couple of pages (and some supplementary art) of DRAGON JUICERS, who take the Juicer concept and basically add "so what if, instead of steroids and drugs in your injection harness, you instead used Dragon Blood?" and let it turn guys into the most powerful Juicers in the game. The art even features a girl in Dragon-Hide armor, carrying a MASSIVE gun, fighting a goddamn Dragon with arrows sticking out of it! How more metal can you get?!? There's more art of this type than of any other new O.C.C. in that book- it just BLEEDS "You want to play this, don't you?".

-The "fluff" of the class features a band of alchemists who came up with the idea in experiments, then sold it to the Federation of Magic, causing a flourishing of Dragon Juicers. Some gameplay notes include bits on how Dragons would usually attack such beings on-sight, but there's at least three instances in this very book about Dragons WILLINGLY allying with Dragon Juicers!!

-Dragon Juicers join the Mega-Juicer in the "Better than standard Juicers in every single way" category, save for being a tad bit slower for whatever reason. But seriously, they're MDC beings AND are the most durable Juicers in the game, getting access to better armor than the Maxi-Killers, later on. They also sport the best Regeneration of any Juicers (4D6 MD per minute! Better than an ACTUAL DRAGON'S!), never mind how freakin' awesome they look!
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batgirl III

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (Titan Juicers! Mega-Juicers! DRAGON JUICERS!!!)

Post by Batgirl III »

Possibly the only thing that can compete with the Dragon-Juicer for title of "Most Fukken Metal" would be the Murder-Wraiths. Zombie 'Roid Rage Cyber-Ninjas versus Draconic 'Roid Rage Techno-Barbarians.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.