Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice [M&M 3e Recruitment CLOSED]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

Re: Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice [M&M 3e Recruitment]

Post by MacynSnow »

Nunya B wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:54 am Somebody give me a set of laws for XIII to be following, I'm going to run it through Fistful of Nazis.
  • 1) Follow all Government appointed Law Enforcement entities,unless said order would result in destruction of self or causes harm to civilians.

2)The Use of Lethal Force is to be authorized only by base i personnel or, if communication is unavailable to base i, the dully appointed Legal government appointed entity.

3) Priority of Action is to be given as follows: Immediate Threats, Assistance to Dully appointed Law entities, Assistance to civilians, assistance to Neutralized Threats.
Those are the only ones besides Assimoves 3 laws of Robotics i can think of...
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:14 am
  • 1) Follow all Government appointed Law Enforcement entities,unless said order would result in destruction of self or causes harm to civilians.

2)The Use of Lethal Force is to be authorized only by base i personnel or, if communication is unavailable to base i, the dully appointed Legal government appointed entity.

3) Priority of Action is to be given as follows: Immediate Threats, Assistance to Dully appointed Law entities, Assistance to civilians, assistance to Neutralized Threats.
Those are the only ones besides Assimoves 3 laws of Robotics i can think of...
Oh ho ho yes I can work with this.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Wow, I had forgotten just how tough it can be to build a serious skill-monkey character who is also anywhere near combat caps within the standard PL/PP budget...

Almost done though- working through what I hope is my final draft, then I can start typing in the crunch to go with my background.

Tomorrow, maybe?
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

This guy has watched Zorro a few too many dozen times. Though, to be fair, he does the legend justice, and somehow actually manages to pull that look off. Besides that though, guy reeks of a pompous rich kid and something about him rubs me wrong, but I can't quite place my finger on it. I wish I could...so I could take a peek around his mind and try to figure out what it is.
Couldn't help but chuckle at this. :)
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Here is my official submission including build and revised background for review. I apologize for the lengthy background but sometimes I get carried away. The build is a modified version of the one Batgirl made.

Quantum
Secret ID: Michael and Allison Nadeau

Michael and Allison were 13 when everything in their lives went to hell. Allison, her brother Michael, and their parents were in Metropolis when the nuke went off. The family was visiting Metropolis for a few days. They planned on sightseeing, visiting the science museum, the art museum, the Daily Planet, Metropolis University, and many more places. They hoped to catch a glimpse of the local hero, Superman, and even get so lucky as to have their picture taken with him. Michael and Allison hoped to attend Metropolis University after they graduated High School in a couple of years.

The shockwave from the bomb hit, easily destroying buildings, vehicles, ships, and killing or injuring millions of people. Those unlucky enough to be outside were hit by a wave of intense searing heat as well, burning clothing, skin, searing eyeballs, igniting fires, and melting glass and plastic.

The two teens remember almost nothing of the events. They had been walking and chatting one minute and knocked flat to the ground feeling the intense pain of the searing heat. The intense pain rendered them unconscious where they remained for days. When they came to, they searched for their parents and other survivors to no avail. They gave no thought as to why they were still alive. Their only thoughts were about locating their parents, other survivors, and getting help.

After many hours they gave up and tried to find help. They travelled miles to get out of the area of devastation. They eventually encountered a group of rescuers including the National Guard, Red Cross, dozens of scientists, and more. They were checked for radiation and after being cleared, were clothed and fed. They learned about other survivors, people that had been near the edges of the city. When asked where in the city they had been, they made up a story about being in the subway. Along with the other survivors, they were given medical exams before being released.

Their Aunt Michele from Connecticut was given custody of the teens. After the twins overcame the loss of both their parents, they returned to school. The two of them poured into their studies and they graduated from High School at the age of 15. After High School, Michael and Allison attended Gotham University where they studied computer science and physics respectively. They stayed on and obtained Masters degrees. They are currently working on their Doctorate degrees.

The first time they fused was when they were 18. Allison had been walking back towards her dorm when she heard a brief scream. Thinking someone was hurt, she went to investigate. As she got closer, she heard what sounded like an argument. A man was yelling at someone. Then she heard a female voice begging him not to hurt her. Allison turned a corner and found an older man attempting to sexually assault a girl just a bit older than herself. Allison ran up and swung her purse at the man’s head. All it did was piss him off even more. He hit Allison hard across the face knocking her to the ground. It all happened in a blink. Allison got up and hit the man back sending him flying through the air at least a dozen feet before smashing hard into the ground. Satisfied the man was no longer a threat, she offered a hand to the girl. The girl’s reaction was not what she expected. Instead of gratitude, the girl screamed in horror and ran away. Allison stood there for a minute before calling campus security to report the attempted assault. As she walked back to her dorm, Michael called her to tell her about the strange dream he just had.

The second time it happened was when Michael stopped to help an accident victim a few months later. The man was trapped in his car. Michael was trying to get the car door open when the car caught fire. Michael panicked and tried putting more effort into opening the door and freeing the man. Then there was a brief flash and within seconds the car door was ripped off and the man was removed from the burning vehicle. After the danger passed, Michael returned to normal. His heart and mind racing, he returned to his car and tried to calm down. While he waited for the police and 1st responders to arrive, he thought about what just happened. Had it been real? He remembered the dream from a few months ago. Had this been a dream too? Later, when questioned by the police and 1st responders, he told them about a superhero that showed up, pushed him out of the way, ripped open the door and rescued the man. He told them the hero didn’t stick around, that he left quickly, probably to rescue someone else.

When they both got home from school they each said they had something to tell the other. First Allison told Michael about her experience with the attempted assault that she stopped. She told her brother that she had thought her memory of the first time was a rage induced hallucination. After the most recent experience, she knew something was vastly different about them. Michael told his sister about the car accident and ripping the door off. Allison said she had a vague memory of that but it had been almost as if she was dreaming. They discussed what little they knew of the transformation. Neither one knew exactly what the hero identity looked like. Michael had only a brief glimpse in the car window before he had ripped the door from its hinges and Allison had not seen what her version looked like.

They knew they had to discuss what, if anything, to do about these new powers. They talked about the events of the past several years and all the bad things that have happened in the world since the destruction of Metropolis. Some of it they agreed with, such as the execution of the Joker and the eradication of the alien invaders, but there was still quite a lot they disagreed with. Allison’s idol, Superman, had done many terrible things in the name of justice. Whether it was because he was being mind-controlled or had simply gone mad, had not been determined or, at least made public. Allison sincerely hoped the man of steel would return to his senses. They realized the world needed heroes to look up to as examples of good as she had once looked upon Superman. The world didn’t need dictators, no matter how noble the cause. They concurred that when they got their abilities under control, they would use them to help and inspire others. It was what their parents would have wanted them to do.

During their free time over the next couple of months they practiced joining and experimented with their powers. Their control over them was minimal but improving. Allison seemed to be able to create the fusion easier than Michael. They discovered they could fire energy blasts and had rudimentary flight. For now, that only worked by running 3 steps and leaping into the air. Their velocity was low but controlled. They realized they needed a teacher. Where could they find one? How do amateur heroes get trained? It wasn’t as if there was a special school somewhere. It’s not like you can just call the Justice League and sign up for training.

During this time they also managed to stop a few small crimes. The crimes were nothing the police couldn’t have handled but it provided the duo with a little experience and some public exposure in the newspaper and local news.

Late one Saturday after Michael and Allison had trained and returned to their apartment, there was a knock on the door. Michael went to answer it believing it to be the pizza delivery. When he opened the door, he stood in shocked silence. In front of him was a man with glowing eyes, flaming hair, and a red and yellow costume. Michael recognized the hero Firestorm from the news.

“Uhhhhhhh, ca, ca, can I uh, help you?” he managed to ask.

“You are Michael Nadeau?” it was as much off a statement as a question.

“Uh, yah, I mean, yes.”

“I must talk to you, in private.”

Michael gestured the hero inside and closed the door. Allison walked out of the kitchen and asked if that was the pizza guy. Michael answered “No, not really.” When she saw Firestorm, her reaction was “Holy sh**!” and dropped the beers she had been holding.

Firestorm explained that he had been contacted through the Justice League by the local police about a new fire based hero in this area. Firestorm told them that he had spoken with the police and reviewed the reports of all the sightings and noted the names of any witnesses. When possible, he had reviewed security camera footage of the incidents. He explained that since Michael had been the first person to see this new hero, it was logical to talk to him first. He asked Michael what he knew about this new hero. Any other sightings that he was witness to, a physical description, any observed powers the hero has, etc. Michael and Allison exchanged glances before they answered. He and Allison told Firestorm about their experiences. First they told him about the one at the university and then about the car crash. Firestorm listened and asked many questions, sometimes coming across as rude. He found it interesting that they sometimes had different bodies when they formed and that they each had some memory of the transformation and the events that transpired while joined. After he was satisfied that he had learned all he could for now, he suggested they train with him in their spare time. Partly because he felt he could teach them not only how to control the transformations better, but also how to discover the extent of their powers. Allison and Michael agreed and set up a training schedule with the hero with the understanding that due to circumstances beyond Firestorm's control, it was subject to change.

Build:

Quantum - PL 10

Strength 4, Stamina 8, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 1, Intellect 6, Awareness 1, Presence 1

Advantages
Defensive Roll 2, Eidetic Memory, Evasion, Languages 1, Move-by Action

Skills
Athletics 2 (+6), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+5), Expertise: Science 8 (+14), Insight 4 (+5), Investigation 6 (+12), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion 4 (+5), Ranged Combat: Nuclear Control 8 (+10), Technology 6 (+12)

Powers
Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Stamina 5 (+5 STA)
Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Strength 3 (+3 STR)
Flight: Flight 6 (Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round)
Nuclear Control
Blast: Damage 10 (radiation, DC 25; Increased Range: ranged, Incurable)
Insubstantial: Insubstantial 4 (Incorporeal; Reaction: reaction)
Transform: Transform 6 (Affects: Anything, Transforms: 50 lbs., DC 16; Increased Range: ranged; Check Required 11: DC 20 - Expertise Science)
Power-Lifting: Enhanced Strength 2 (+2 STR; Limited to Lifting)
Senses: Senses 2 (Extended: Choose Sense 1: x10, Infravision)

Offense
Initiative +2
Blast: Damage 10, +10 (DC 25)
Grab, +1 (DC Spec 14)
Throw, +2 (DC 19)
Transform: Transform 6, +10 (DC Dog 16)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 19)

Complications
Motivation: Doing Good: Michael and Allison's parents always told them to help those less fortunate. It didn't matter if you didn't have much money, there was always something you could do such as volunteer at a shelter or soup kitchen.
Motivation: Responsibility: Allison once idolized Superman and the type of hero he once had been. Standing for Truth, Justice, and all that stuff. Superman never looked down at people and would always help with little things like getting a cat out of a tree. As a hero, she strives to emulate the hero Superman once was.

As for Michael, besides a crush on the heroine Wonder Woman, he always looked up to Batman. As a native of the Gotham city area, it was natural for him to root for the local hero but it was more than that. To Michael, Batman was a talented guy without super powers who went out day after day and fought some of the most dangerous criminals in the world in an effort to keep the citizens of Gotham safe. MIchael liked Batman because the guy went out and did what needed to be done and didn't seek fame or recognition.
Responsibility: School: Both Michael and Allison attend Gotham University. Allison is a physics major while Michael is a computer science major.
Rivalry: Michael and Allison have a typical sibling rivalry. They try ot outdo each other in school and they vie with each other everytime they transform to see who will get control.

Languages
English, Spanish

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 10, Toughness 10/8, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 34 + Powers 59 + Advantages 6 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Defenses 28 = 150
Last edited by CaptainChaos on Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Btw; Does anybody know what happened to Donna Troy in the Injustice universe?
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Added Quantum to the running impressions list from Inquisitor.
MacynSnow wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:01 am Btw; Does anybody know what happened to Donna Troy in the Injustice universe?
As near as I can find in some brief Google-fu, she hasn't really been discussed in the context of Injustice's universe. She doesn't appear to have been put in the Phantom Zone with the other Titans, but her name DOES appear apparently during Deathstroke's ending on a hit list of some sort. So she IS around.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

I fixed the mistake on the Removable flaw for the rapier.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I nixed Fast Grab and Improved Hold for now. As I mentioned before, they were kind of a hold over from a previous iteration of the build, so weren't, strictly speaking, necessary for anything in particular, and since they were an apparent cause of concern for at least one person, I'm fine to drop them and put the points into some "flavor" skill ;) by way of Expertise (Cooking). 'cause why not?

I picture her learning to cook from her parents before she was taken in.
Toast Burglar

Post by Toast Burglar »

Disclaimer: Peter is 8 and is not good at spelling or grammar.

Also, I apologize for not making chicken scratch doodles of everyone's characters like Peter definitely would have.

"Dear Diary,

Today, I got to meet some really cool people. Aparently since the 'rejeem' (however that's spelt) ended, there's been many people who have been looking to protect the next jenerashin of man. I tried to make friends with them, like mama told me I should, altho a lot of them are... Teen-agers, I guess?

Arsinal: I thought he was shady at first. But he's aparently been training to do the hero thing since he was younger than me! Aparently, he was fighting the flying caped scary guy from the shadows, and even before I was born, he was kicking butt with an older group of side kicks. I wonder whose sidekick he was?

Unit 13: Dude! Dudedudedudedudedude! An actual, lejit, CRIME FIGHTING SUPER BATTLE ROBOT! Duuuuuuuuuude! Omigod!

Inquizitor: I don't know what I said wrong. She was really grumpy, since I aparently look like a bad guy she knew. Was the old Marvel a bad guy? Or maybe she misstook me for Black Adam. Yeah, that's probly it.

Sion(?): He's a sykik... I'm not even gonna try to spell that. Umm, I don't know how to explain him. He's like... despressed. I think he needs a teddy bear and a big hug, but I'm kinda afraid to do that cuz I might squish him with my super strength or something.

Now that I'm thinking about it, do you think they would mind an eight year old in their team. I could give out a lot more hugs if I could be normal, little Peter. But then they might call me that. Nevermind...

Where was I?

Green Lantern: She's a scrappy girl with a mean mouth, but I think she's really cool. She wears a lot of green, and her magic ring lets her do cool magic green stuff. It's no 'SHAZAM' but it's still really cool to look at~

Prestije: He's another super cool teen-ager with magical powers! He speaks some babble and stuff just happens! He can aparently do a lot more stuff than my one magic word can, but I don't think he can beat me in an arm resling match.

Sonic Samury: Their like a ninja! They go like 'ZOOOOM! WOOSH! WATAAAAAH!' So cool! She talks funny too. Mama says it's rude to laugh at how people talk, so I've gotta make sure I don't.

Scylla: The Wisdom of Solomon, told me more than I ever want to know about her. I saw her and knew imidiatly that I should avoid her. Why was a scary monster like her at a hero get together? She seems sivil tho.

American: He looks like the flag at school, and has a cool shield. He's also tough like me. I think we could do cool back to back stuff like in the movies.

Night Sord: I saw a guy waring a lot of black, and I couldn't really see his face. He had one of those fancy sords the bee keepers use in those poking contests on his hip. He talked funny too. Maybe sords make people talk wierd.

Kwantum: There was a person who's head was ON FIRE. That's really all I needed to know about them, they are definetly cool. Hot? Yes.

I think the meeting went good, and I got to see who else is protecting the world. If I'm going to defend the world when I get older, I'll need as many friends as I can get. That's what mama says anyway. I hope they don't need permishunn slips, cuz I want to play with these guys. I wonder what kind of video games they like.

I'll write you again soon.

Peter"
Last edited by Toast Burglar on Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Oh, the spelling. The eight-year-old is strong in you, Toast.
pathfinderq1 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:22 am Wow, I had forgotten just how tough it can be to build a serious skill-monkey character who is also anywhere near combat caps within the standard PL/PP budget...

Almost done though- working through what I hope is my final draft, then I can start typing in the crunch to go with my background.

Tomorrow, maybe?
Again, you guys all have until Monday. xD
Awaken

Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC IC
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

You know, reading Marvel's things there and the mention of Roy fighting the good fight since before Peter was born, I went to see if Roy's age was even posted to see how old that would have made Roy 8 years ago, and realised, not everyone posted ages for their characters.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:32 am You know, reading Marvel's things there and the mention of Roy fighting the good fight since before Peter was born, I went to see if Roy's age was even posted to see how old that would have made Roy 8 years ago, and realised, not everyone posted ages for their characters.
I know Roy is 1-2 years older than Nightwing is in comics,so how old was Dick when he died?
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

It's not stated, explicitly. He exists in the nebulous area of comic book characters - between twenties and fifties, y'know? Probably closer to the twenty end of the range, though how much, who knows?

Damien's clearly in his twenties by Injustice 2, but was a teen when he killed Dick... whether that helps or not isn't clear to me. Tim had the excuse of being in the Phantom Zone for six years before his death, so honestly, I have no idea.
Awaken

Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC IC
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I think that besides Scylla, that makes Roy the oldest submission by age.