J-Mart OG: Closed for a new location!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

344 - Adam Warlock

Post by Thorpocalypse »

The builds in our Cosmic Thorpocaverse line just keep coming as we drop this new item for Aisle 2!

None of that Bitten-by-a-Radioactive-Spider Claptrap here. - Adam Warlock

ADAM WARLOCK
PL15

OPL: 15; SPL: 10; DPL: 13; FWPL: 11; HP: 1
Height: 6-2
Weight: 240
Eyes: White
Hair: Gold
Skin: Gold
Race: Human Mutate
Identity: Public
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: The Infinity Watch; The Guardians of the Galaxy

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 11 [15], STAMINA 10 [12], AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 7, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics (+5), Athletics (+11), Deception 3 (+7/+9) [Attractive], Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 10 (+15), Expertise [Theology and Philosophy] 8 (+13), Insight 6 (+13), Intimidation (+4), Investigation (+5), Perception 3 (+10), Persuasion 5 (+9/+11) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Cosmic Energy Control] 5 (+10), Sleight of Hand (+5), Stealth (+5), Technology 2 (+7), Treatment (+5), Vehicles (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Beginner's Luck, Defensive Roll (2), Favored Foe (The Magus), Favored Foe (Thanos), Jack-of-all-Trades, Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Luck (Improve Roll) (1), Luck (Inspiration) (1), Ranged Attack (6), Trance, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Will Check)

POWERS:
Cosmic Being: Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Feature 1 (Temporal Inertia); 12 pts
Space Traveler: Flight 10 (2000 mph/4 mpr), Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other star systems]); 24 pts
Cosmic Cocoons: Immortality 1 (1 month); 2 pts
Cosmic Awareness: Senses 10 (Cosmic Awareness [Mental; Extended 2], Detect Spatial Anomalies [Mental; Extended 6, Ranged], Detect Soul Gem [Mental; Extended 10, Ranged]); 20 pts
Cosmic Energy Control: 30 pt Array; 32 pts
Cosmic Energy Blast: Ranged Cosmic Energy Damage 15; 30 pts
Cosmic Energy Boost: Enhanced Strength 4 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Constitution 2 (Flaw: Sustained); 1 pt
Cosmic Energy Constructs: Create 15; 1 pt

Karmic Staff: 17 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-4 pts); 13 pts
Cosmic Control Channel: Add Accurate Extra to Cosmic Energy Control; 1 pt
Staff Mastery: 15 pt Array; 16 pts
Staff Deflection: Deflect 15; 15 pts
Staff Strike: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Reach); 1 pt

The Soul Gem: 72 pts Traits, Removable (-14 pts); 58 pts
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand, Understood in all Languages); 8 pts
Soul Control Array: 60 pt Array; 66 pts
Soul Control: Perception Ranged Cumulative Affliction 15 (Soul Energy; Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, 3rd: Transformed [Soul/Personality]); 60 pts
Send to Soulworld: Perception Ranged Movement 1 (Dimensional Movement [Soul World]; Extra: Affects Others, Attack, Increased Mass 6 [3200 lbs.], Flaw: Tiring); 1 pt
Soul Blast: Ranged Spirtual Damage 17 (Extra: Alternative Resistance [Will]); 1 pt
Soul Stun: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 17 (Soul Energy; Resisted by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated); 1 pt
Soul Reading: Mind Reading 15 (Extra: Effortless, Flaw: Limited to emotions/soul); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +11; Cosmic Boost Unarmed +15; Karmic Staff Strike +15; Cosmic Boosted Karmic Staff Strike +17]
Ranged Attack +11 [Cosmic Energy Blast +15; Cosmic Energy Constructs Create +15; Soul Blast +17; Soul Stun Affliction +17]
Special Attack [Soul Control Affliction +15, Perception]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +12 (+10 without Defensive Roll, +14 with Cosmic Boost, +12 without Defensive Roll with Cosmic Boost), Fortitude +10 (+12 with Cosmic Boost), Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Aloof: Because of his convoluted history, usage of the Soul Gem and such, he tends to speak cryptically and tries not to get too close to his teammates.
Dark Side: Warlock fights to avoid becoming The Magus, a version of himself driven mad by the usage of the Soul Gem. This makes him hesitant to use the powers of the Soul Gem unless absolutely necessary, although the Gem constantly calls to be used.
Enemy: The Magus and Thanos (most of the time).
Pawn of the Cosmos: Sometimes Adam is put in situations not of his choosing because of the role he is meant to play in the cosmos (and even he doesn't know at times).
Responsibility: To protect the universe.

Abilities 116 + Skills 23 (45 ranks) + Advantages 18 + Powers 151 + Defenses 10 = 318 / 318

Build Comments: I always liked Adam Warlock, even back in the 70’s when his story was a bit convoluted, at least for a 10-12 year old like me at the time when I started reading comics. Still, the art, the Soul Gem, the cosmic hotties he always seemed to across, and Pip’s sophomoric comedy relief made it a fun read for me.

Now he’s been brought back again as a key player in the upcoming Infinity Wars event so I suspect he will be back to using the Soul Gem again soon so I did a take on it. I’m still not sold on it, but it will do for now.

As for the quote, I am pretty sure I have the Marvel Team Up where he said that to Spider-Man, so I had to use it. :)

Secret Origins: Adam Warlock is an artificially created human who was born in a cocoon at a scientific complex called The Beehive. The goal of his creators, the Enclave, was to create and subsequently exploit the perfect human. While in the cocoon, he became aware of his creators' plans for him. He awoke from the cocoon and rebelled. Having not had a childhood or parents, Warlock was lacking in maturity and restraint. He first met Alicia Masters, who was brought to the Beehive to sculpt his face, as he initially radiated so much light that a sighted person could not see through. She found him encased in a cocoon, from which he shortly emerged, destroying his creators that he hated so much, and teleported away.

The Story so Far: Warlock later came into conflict with the Fantastic Four and Thor; during his encounter with Odinson, he was killed when he attempted to force Thor's sometime paramour Sif to become his mate.

Adam was revived and his behavior improved when he met the being known as the High Evolutionary. Under his guidance, Warlock's life was given direction and purpose. Warlock also came into possession of the Soul Gem. The Soul Gem, one of the Infinity Gems, allowed Warlock to sense the souls of others and draw them into a dimension contained within the gem. Warlock was then transported to Counter-Earth, an attempt by the High Evolutionary to create a Utopian society out of the framework of the original Earth. Unfortunately, it had fallen under the influence of the Man-Beast, a wolf that had been genetically modified into humanoid form by the High Evolutionary. In the process of ending the Man-Beast's regime, Warlock's narcissism led him to another death, this time by crucifixion. Warlock used his powers to resurrect himself. Warlock, in recreating the resurrection of Christ on Counter earth, lead to the creation of an organized religion planet wide; this also was the first step toward Warlock’s "God Complex".

Traveling in the Hercules Cluster, Adam learned of the oppressive Universal Church of Truth that worshiped the Magus. Appearing to Adam, Magus revealed that they were the same being. In one alternate future, the Magus used the soul gem to saturate Adam’s body with a beacon radiation that summoned the In-Betweener, inhabitant of the realm between fact and fantasy who took Adam to his domain, where he was driven mad. Emerging as the Magus, this Warlock discovered he had returned five thousand years into the past and began building his church. Aware of his history and fearing the Magus’ existence would deprive him of someday owning Adam’s soul gem, the mad god Thanos of Titan attempted to prevent the occurrence by plucking a young child, Gamora, from an alternate future and raising her to be Magus’ assassin. En-route to his destiny, Adam was imprisoned on the Church star ship, “the Great Divide” where he teamed with his fellow prisoner Pip the Troll and absorbed the soul of Captain Autolycus into his gem against his will. Later on trial on Sirius X the Church’s Homeworld, Adam absorbed Judge Kray-Tor’s soul. Thus unleashing of his soul gems vampire-like appetites was possibly caused by Spinxor of the Ringshippers (a.k.a Prime Movers) of Tarkus in his first bid to prevent Warlock from interfering in his theft of Counter-Earth for mysterious Beyonders. Realizing that the gem was sentient, thirsted for souls and could not be removed, Adam sank into despair. Gamora joined Warlock and Pip on Homeworld, but Magus easily thwarted Gamora’s assassination attempt, then doused Adam with the beacon radiation. Gamora’s ineffectiveness forced Thanos to intervene, and the primal battle between Magus’ life-force and Thanos’ death-force allowed Adam to enter the Titan’s time portal and follow his kismet trail. Choosing the shortest path, Adam saw himself dying only months later and absorbed his future self’s soul into the gem. The two timelines thus diverged and the Magus seemingly ceased to exist.

Soon after, Adam witnessed the rapid extinction of the stars and used his soul gem to track the culprit, the Star Thief, back to Earth; the star thief's body was slain while his mind was occupied in battling Warlock. Arriving home, Warlock perceived himself as wraith-like and larger than the solar system, an illusion generated through Adam's soul gem by the Sphinxor to keep him at bay. Later while gaining his perceptions, Warlock encountered Spider-Man on the Moon and helped thwart the Stranger's bid to steal the Gardener's Infinity Gems. Believing Counter-Earth destroyed due to another Sphinxor illusion, an enraged Adam attacked the High Evolutionary with his soul gem and forced him to escape death by becoming a disembodied intelligence, leaving Counter-Earth ripe for the taking. Meanwhile, Thanos procured five Infinity Gems, combining them and the power he had siphoned from Adam's gem in the Magus battle into a single large synthetic gem that he planned to use to extinguish the stars as a present to Mistress Death. When they interfered, Thanos killed Gamora and lobotomized Pip; Adam absorbed their souls into his gem. Thanos' attempt to destroy the Earth's sun was opposed by Warlock, Captain Mar-Vell, and the Avengers. In battle, Thanos mortally wounded Adam. As Warlock lay dying, his past self arrived from Thanos' time portal and absorbed his soul; weary of his many losses and struggles, Adam actually welcomed death. He found himself with the soul gem's other victims in Soulworld, a paradise of understanding and contentment. Thanos claimed Adam's gem but the newly arrived Spider-Man temporarily freed Warlock's spirit. As the Ultimate Avenger, Warlock turned Thanos to granite with a touch. Warlock’s body was buried on Counter-Earth.

When Thanos once again gains the gems and steals the soul of the Silver Surfer, Surfer convinces Warlock, Pip, and Gamora to leave Soul World and help defeat Thanos. Thanos had assembled the six gems into the Infinity Gauntlet, and Warlock leads a group of Earth's superheroes against him. Warlock obtains the Gauntlet, but in a subsequent hearing attended by the various cosmic beings of the universe such as Eternity and Galactus, is deemed unworthy of it by the Living Tribunal, in part because of the threat of him eventually becoming the Magus. He keeps the soul gem for himself and gives one gem each to Pip, Gamora, Drax the Destroyer, Moondragon, and a reformed Thanos — the group being called the Infinity Watch.
During Warlock's temporary possession of the Gauntlet, he purges all good and evil from his being, leaving him entirely a creature of logic. The "moral" aspects of his persona in turn take on physical forms — the evil half becomes a new incarnation of the Magus, while the good half becomes the self-styled Goddess. Warlock, aided by an army of superheroes, eventually defeats each in turn, and absorbs them into the Soul Gem. The Watch then battles to protect the soul gem from Count Abyss, a powerful entity who has no soul of his own. After finally defeating him, the infinity gems are stolen by Rune, an extradimensional vampire. The Infinity Watch disbands and Warlock goes to track down Rune. Following the discovery of a seventh gem, Warlock and the gems are returned to the main universe.

Warlock is reborn in a new body to aid a multitude of superheroes that team with Thanos to defeat several rogue clones of the Mad Titan. Warlock reappears in time to convince Thanos to give up the power of the Heart of the Universe. Warlock later assists in Thanos' attempt at redeeming himself.

Warlock is incapacitated by the backlash of souls killed during the "Annihilation" war, and re-enters hibernation in a cocoon. The superheroines Quasar and Moondragon awaken Warlock hoping he will help the Kree fight off the Phalanx. Once the Phalanx is defeated, Warlock agrees to join the hero Star-Lord in a new version of the Guardians of the Galaxy. After several adventurers, Adam withdrew from full time work with the Guardians but continued to assist them from time to time.

Warlock ended up perishing again after doing battle with his alternative evil self The Magus and was brought back by Thanos as he knew Adam played in a role in an upcoming cosmic event. Adam has reacruired the Soul Gem as Thanos had planned and he is biding his time in attempting to wrest it from Warlock’s control again.

Characterization: Adam Warlock is an enigmatic being and has been through many changes but in most incarnations has been a force of good in the universe, albeit one with many flaws.

Friends and Foes: He remains close to Gamora and his former Guardians of the Galaxy teammates. His greatest rivals are Thanos and his evil future self, The Magus.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
MacynSnow

Re: J-Mart: Nebula, Ronan the Accuser, Atrocitus, Dex-Starr, Bleez, Adam Warlock

Post by MacynSnow »

Man,i forgot Adam Warlock was caught in the same "Radioactive History" blast as DC's Hawkman....
Jabroniville

Re: J-Mart: Nebula, Ronan the Accuser, Atrocitus, Dex-Starr, Bleez, Adam Warlock

Post by Jabroniville »

Bleez is a pretty fun, interesting look character. But the name is really bad- sounds too much like "sneeze" or "sleaze"- it doesn't carry any kind of grandeur or even Silver Age Fun to it the way "Atrocitus" (which is ridiculous, but in a funny way) does.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

There was a period of time a few years ago Marvel said Warlock had "Quantum Magik", whatever that is? Does he still have those powers?
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Goldar wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 4:47 pm There was a period of time a few years ago Marvel said Warlock had "Quantum Magik", whatever that is? Does he still have those powers?
I'm not sure. I am planning to pick up Infinity Countdown that features him. He probably does since they love to make him OP but on top of what he can already do, it seemed superfluous so I left it off. I built him in his previous incarnation with his Quantum Magic back on the old ATT.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:22 am
Goldar wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 4:47 pm There was a period of time a few years ago Marvel said Warlock had "Quantum Magik", whatever that is? Does he still have those powers?
I'm not sure. I am planning to pick up Infinity Countdown that features him. He probably does since they love to make him OP but on top of what he can already do, it seemed superfluous so I left it off. I built him in his previous incarnation with his Quantum Magic back on the old ATT.
I like your Warlock build. Nice and powerful!

I have forgotten the time and other-realm of that place which shall not be spoken! :lol:

Perhaps Marvel felt with a name like "Warlock", he should have some type of magic.
Thorpocalypse

345 - John Constantine

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We're heading back to Earth to make the J-Mart customers a HELLUVA DEAL! Check out this HELLBLAZING SPECIAL on Aisle 1!

I'm the one who steps from the shadows, all trenchcoat and cigarette and arrogance, ready to deal with the madness. Oh, I've got it all sewn up. I can save you. If it takes the last drop of your blood, I'll drive your demons away. I'll kick them in the bollocks and spit on them when they're down and then I'll be gone back into darkness, leaving only a nod and a wink and a wisecrack. I walk my path alone... who would walk with me? - John Constantine

JOHN CONSTANTINE
PL9

OPL: 4; SPL 9; DPL: 6; FWPL 8; HP: 2
Height: 6-0
Weight: 185
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde
Skin: Fair
Race: Human
Alignment: Neutral
Base of Operations: Liverpool, England
Team Affiliations: Justice League Dark

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 7

SKILLS: Athletics 1 (+2), Deception 9 (+16) [Daze, Durable Lie, Fascinate, Skill Mastery, Ultimate Effort], Expertise [Magic] 14 (+19) [Artificer, Ritualist, Skill Supremacy], Expertise [Music] 3 (+8), Expertise [Occult] 14 (+19) [Skill Supremacy], Expertise [Streetwise] 5 (+10), Expertise [Theology and Philosophy] 10 (+15), Insight 10 (+15), Intimidation (+7), Investigation 10 (+15) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 10 (+15), Persuasion 8 (+15) [Connected, Daze, Skill Mastery], Sleight of Hand 5 (+9), Stealth 5 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Artificer, Connected, Contacts, Daze (2) (Deception, Persuasion), Defensive Roll (2), Durable Lie*, Equipment (1), Extraordinary Effort, Fascinate (1) (Deception), Favored Foe (Deities), Favored Foe (Demons), Languages (2) (French, 4 others, Base: English), Luck (Improve Roll) (3), Luck (Inspiration) (1), Ranged Attack (3), Redirect, Ritualist, Second Chance (2) (Will checks against Control Effects, Will checks against Fear effects), Set-Up (1), Skill Mastery (2) (Deception, Persuasion), Skill Supremacy (2) (Expertise [Magic], Expertise [Occult]), Taunt, Ultimate Effort (2) (Deception, Will Check), Well-Informed

POWERS:
Demon Tainted Blood: Feature 1 (Longevity), Regeneration 1 (1/every 9 rounds, Extra: Persistent); 3 pts
Haunted: Communication 2 (Speak, Understand spirits), Senses 2 (Detect Spirits [Extended]); 10 pts
Spellcasting: Variable 6 (Mystical Descriptor; 30 pts Traits, Flaw: Slow); 30 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
5 pts for minor mystic paraphernalia (Holy Water vial, herbs, etc.)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +7

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +4 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +10 (Second Chance, Ultimate Effort)

COMPLICATIONS:
Destiny's Pawn: Constantine seems to be drawn to big supernatural events whether he wants to or not.
Enemy: John's made several throughout the years, but his biggest foes have been the demon lord Nergal, his former mentor Necro Nick and the Archangel Gabriel.
Pain In The Ass: Despite his charm, John can also make all manner of creature want to kick his ass. Or worse...
Relationships: He and Zatanna have had a long, on and off relationship. He is also close to his best friend Chas. And there are rumors that he has a daughter somewhere that he tries to protect by staying away from her.
Reputation: Supernatural charlatan, liar and kiss of death to those close to him.

Abilities 60 + Skills 52 (104 ranks) + Advantages 34 + Powers 43 + Defenses 18 = 207 / 207

b]Build Comments:[/b] It took me a long time to read any Constantine stuff and I have admitted only read some New 52/Rebirth stuff, which I am sure is not even close to prime Constantine but enjoyable nonetheless. I only watched a little bit of the TV series, but I thought it had potential. Apparently NBC did not. But that's OK, I'm hoping for a new version on the DC streaming service.

As a build, I did something most people haven't in either 2E or 3E and that's add an actual bit of spellcasting. At least in the stuff I've read, he doesn't spell sling like a Doctor Strange or anything, but he's done some stuff that would be a lot faster than you could do with a Ritual. So I gave him a Variable array with the Slow flaw so we'll see how that works out.

Secret Origins: John was born in Liverpool, but has spent most of his life growing up in London, from the sixties onward. He was born a twin, which he happened to strangle in the womb. His mother died in labor and his father blamed John for the death of his mother and that was the root to the friction between them. When not running away from home John Constantine was raised by his older sister Cheryl Masters.

Known as “The Constant One,” John is a descendant from a long line of magic users. Fascinated by the occult from a young age, John threw himself into learning magic to escape his unhappy family life. He eventually moved in with roommate Chas Chandler, the two became best friends. Around this time John began following occult circles around London (as well as the Punk music scene), and eventually became the magic using, demon tricking con artist he is today.

The Story so Far: Constantine has been involved in more supernatural events that he cares to remember. To sum things up in his own words:

"I'm the one who steps from the shadows, all trenchcoat and cigarette and arrogance, ready to deal with the madness. Oh, I've got it all sewn up. I can save you. If it takes the last drop of your blood, I'll drive the demons away. I'll kick them in the bollocks and spit on them when they're down, and then I'll be gone back into the darkness, leaving only a nod, a wink and a wisecrack. I walk my path alone... who would want to walk with me?"

Characterization: John Constantine is known for his unique personality as much as he is for his occult skills. A cynical, weathered magician with few real relationships, Constantine displays on occasion a compassionate, humanist side to his personality, and is not afraid of risking his life for a heroic cause.

He finds making friends very easy, as well as establishing romantic links and relationships. However, a lot of people who associate with Constantine end up dying, a fact that John is quite aware of. When The King of Vampires killed a man in front of John and asked Constanine if the man was his friend, John replied "Must be. He's dead."

Constantine is a chain smoker and has been for a very long time. His brand of choice is Silk Cut, though he has been seen smoking Marlboro or Camel’s from time to time, presumably when out of the country or when Silk Cut are unavailable. Despite his heavy smoking, Constantine does not take any other drugs, and once called his friend a “dirty lowlife bastard” when he found a needle with a nondescript drug in it.

Friends and Foes: John's longest surviving friend is Chas Chandler, who has assisted John in many of his adventures. Chas is a taxi driver, and usually ends up driving John where ever John needs to go. John tries (and tends to fail) to keep Chas out of the dirtier aspects of what he does. Chas' wife, Renee, dislikes John greatly. Most of John's friends find themselves killed in some way or another, often haunting John as ghosts. These include Gary Lester, Frank North, Benjamin Cox and Judith. John has also had many girlfriends (and the odd boyfriend) such as Kit Ryan, Zed and Stanley Manor.
Thorpocalypse

346 - Hellboy

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Attention J-Mart Customers! We have another HELLUVA DEAL on this J-Mart Favorite Item on Aisle 5!

Liz Sherman: In the dark I heard your voice, what did you say?
Hellboy: I said, "Hey, you, on the other side - let her go. Because for her...I will cross over, and then you'll be sorry..."

HELLBOY
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: -; DPL: 10; FWPL: 9; HP: 1
Height: 7-0
Weight: 400
Eyes: Yellow
Hair: Black
Skin: Red
Race: Demon Human Hybrid
Base of Operations: Washington, DC, USA
Team Affiliations: Justice League Dark

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 10, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+12), Deception (+2), Expertise [Paranormal] 11 (+12), Expertise [Magic] 11 (+12) [Artificer, Ritualist], Insight (+4), Intimidation 7 (+9), Investigation 9 (+10) [Well-Informed], Perception 5 (+9), Persuasion (+2), Stealth 5 (+7), Technology 3 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Artificer, Close Attack (4), Diehard, Equipment (3), Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Lionheart*, Power Attack (2) (Right Hand of Doom, Unarmed), Ranged Attack (7), Ritualist, Takedown (1), Well-Informed

POWERS:
Prehensile Tail: Extra Limbs 1 (Tail); 1 pt
Polyglot: Comprehend 3 (Speak, Read, Understand all Languages); 6 pts
Demon Physiology: Protection 2, Leaping 1 (15 ft), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds); 6 pts
Demonic Immunities: Immunity 20 (Aging, Sleep, Poison, Starvation and Thirst, Disease [Flaw: Limited to half effect], Acid Damage [Flaw: Limited to half effect], Electricity Damage [Flaw: Limited to half effect], Heat/Fire Effects [Flaw: Limited to half effect]); 15 pts
Right Hand of Doom: 7 pts traits
Fist Bash: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2 (Extra: Breaking, Dangerous, Indestructible, Smashing, Flaw: Inaccurate); 5 pts
Shielding: Enhanced Parry 2 (Flaw: Sustained); 2 pts

Mystic Trinkets: 7 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-2 pts); 5 pts
Mystic Trinkets: Variable 1 (5 pts Traits, Mystic Descriptor); 7 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(15 pts)
The Samaritan: Ranged Damage 7, Extra: Variable Descriptor (Ballistic/Mystic); 15 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +10]
Right Hand of Doom +8 [Right Hand of Doom +12, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +9 [The Samaritan +7]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +12, Fortitude +10, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Because of his appearance, he can encounter problems in public.
Enemy: Grigori Rasputin, Baba Yaga, Karl Kroenen, Prince Nuada.
Legacy: He is the Beast of the Apocalypse, with the ability to release the Odgru Jahad and bring about the destruction of Earth. He prefers not to think about it…
Quirk: He will not allow cats to be hurt and will go out of his way to protect them, even in combat situations, and he takes in strays all the time.
Relationships: Abe Sapien, Liz Sherman, Trevor Bruttenholm (still alive in my setting, by the way), the rest of the BPRD.
Responsibility: Protect the world from "things that go bump in the night". Rivalry: He and Harry Dresden have a long running rivalry stemming from a misunderstanding over a woman.
Vulnerable: As a demon, he can be bound or be seriously affected the spells of anyone saying his true name, Anung Un Rama.

Abilities 74 + Skills 26 (52 ranks) + Advantages 26 + Powers 40 + Defenses 9 = 175 / 175

Build Comments: I am really looking forward to the 3rd Hellboy movie and I hope it lives up to my expectations. I dig the Hellboy comics, but much like Iron Man, I like movie Hellboy better. Of course, I dig anything Ron Perlman does because, well, he’s Ron @#$# Perlman.

Hellboy is always hard for me to determine PL. He could probably go anywhere between 8 and 11 and be “right” but I’m sticking with the standard PL10.

Secret Origins: Hellboy is a creature, summoned in the final months of World War II by Grigori Rasputin on Tarmagant Island, off the coast of Scotland, having been commissioned by the Nazis to change the tide of war ("Project Ragna Rok"). As a direct result of this ritual, he appeared on Earth in a fireball in a ruined church in East Bromwich, England, on December 23, 1944. Proving not to be a devil, in the traditional sense, but a devil-like creature with red skin, horns, a tail, and a disproportionately large right hand made of red stone, he is dubbed "Hellboy" by Professor Trevor "Broom" Bruttenholm.

The Story so Far: Taken by the United States armed forces to an Air Force base in New Mexico, Hellboy is raised by the United States Army and by the Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense (BPRD), a private organization dedicated to combating occult threats. However, it is not until he eats his first human meal (a meal of pancakes) that he is forever bound to the mortal world.

As an adult, Hellboy becomes the primary agent for the BPRD, alongside other human and quasi-human agents. During a visit to Bromwich Church (the place of his "birth"), Hellboy learns he had been conceived 300 years ago by a witch, Sarah Hughes, and a demon Prince of Sheol. At this time, Hellboy had not existed as a baby in the "real" world; the prince's "favorite son" was considered to be "a power waiting to be born." Hellboy's "mother" also had children: a nun and a priest who would later haunt the church, dying in an attempt to stop the demon from claiming Hughes in her coffin. This origin indicates that Hellboy is, in fact, half-human.

A later, but possibly unreliable account gives the name of the demon as Azzael, and of the witch as Sarah Hughes. The spirit of Morgana le Fay claims that Hughes was her descendant; if this is true, it means that Hellboy is the last living heir to Arthur Pendragon and the rightful king of England. Hellboy has since drawn the sword Excalibur, claiming his position, albeit without much conviction.

Hellboy was granted "honorary human" status by the United Nations in 1952, and is known as the "world's greatest paranormal investigator". As such, he interacts regularly with humans, primarily law enforcement officials, the military, and various "scholars of the weird”.

Characterization: Hellboy ages very differently from humans. His rapid physical maturation is in contrast to his actual rate of aging however, which seems to be much slower than humans. This mystical aging process is similar to the other demons and supernatural beings and seem to range from decades to many thousands of years.

Hellboy freely admits to being a lousy shot and often fights hand-to-hand, preferring to use short-ranged physical weapons like swords, spears, and his massive stone fist over firearms. Hellboy's lack of formal combat training and education is compensated for by his decades of experience as a paranormal investigator, though encounters with unfamiliar threats have often forced him to resort to improvisation and using his wits.

Hellboy possesses the Right Hand of Doom, formerly the right hand of Anum, one of the "greater spirits" that watched over the burgeoning Earth, and the hand the spirit used to create the dragon Ogdru Jahad. With that same hand, he bound the dragon, but then his fellow spirits turned upon him for his deeds, and destroyed him utterly – save for his right hand, which was kept and preserved by many races throughout history, including the first race of man. As the hand which created and bound the Ogdru Jahad, it is also the key which will "loose and command" them; in other words, it is a catalyst that will bring about Ragnarok. It has not been mentioned how the Right Hand of Doom would actually perform these tasks; it is only ever announced that this is the case and that someone or something intends to do it with or without Hellboy's consent. It is made clear that it is not necessary for the arm to be attached to Hellboy to perform its duties. It has been suggested that if Hellboy dies while the Hand is attached to him, it would become useless. He has therefore concluded that the only way to prevent its falling into the wrong hands is to keep and protect it.

Much like other superheroes such as Batman, Wolverine, Daredevil, and Spawn, Hellboy is constantly tormented by the knowledge of his past. In one issue, he says of his past, "I like not knowing. I've gotten by for fifty-two years without knowing. I sleep good not knowing."

Friends and Foes: He has many allies within the BPRD and from his years of paranormal investigation that include Kate Corrigan, a professor of folklore at New York University; Abe Sapien, an amphibian humanoid; Liz Sherman, a young female pyrokinetic; Roger, an unusually large homunculus; Johann Kraus, the spirit of a German medium kept in a containment suit; and Captain Ben Daimio, a special operations soldier that became an Olmec were-jaguar among many others.
Thorpocalypse

347 - Hellcat

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got one more HELLUVA DEAL and this one is hitting the Aisle 2 shelves!

...I think I get it. I'm done running. I'm ready to be a hero again. - Hellcat

HELLCAT
PL9

OPL: 9; SPL: 5; DPL: 9; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 5-8
Weight: 135
Hair: Red
Identity: Secret
Base of Operations: New York, NY, USA
Team Affiliations: The Defenders; The Lady Liberators

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+13), Athletics 4 (+9), Deception 3 (+6), Expertise [Magic] 4 (+5), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation 3 (+6), Investigation 7 (+8), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion 2 (+5), Stealth 4 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Evasion (1), Move-by Action, Power Attack (2) (Claws, Unarmed), Takedown (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Hellcat Enhancements: Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr), Leaping 1 (15 ft); 2 pts
Hellcat Senses: Detect Magic 2 (Mental, Ranged), Detect Evil 2 (Mental, Ranged); 4 pts
Hellcat Costume: 13 pts Traits, Removable (-3 pts); 10 pts
Body Armor: Protection 1; 1 pt
Cat Vision: Senses 3 (Low-light vision, Darkvision); 3 pts
Costume Summoning: Feature 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt
Cable Claw: Movement 1 (Swinging); 2 pts
Hellcat Claws: 6 pt Array; 7 pts
Claw Slash: Slashing Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Dangerous, Double, Penetrating 5); 6 pts
Cat Movement: Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling 1 [Speed rank -1]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +5; Hellcat Claws +6, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +5

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +6 (+6 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Mental Instability: Most of the time she's good, but her time in hell and her exposure to all kinds of weirdness over the years can impact her psyche.
Mommy Issues: Patsy's mom created a comic strip based on her teenage years and it's become a classic but Patsy never wanted it so their relationship is strained.
Motivation: Being the best hero she can be and moving past her "teen comic" image.
Relationships: She is best friends with Jennifer Walters and is friends with lots of female heroes. She tries to be civil with her exes, Buzz Baxter and Daimon Hellstrom.
Rivalry: She and Hedy Wolfe have been rivals for years.

Abilities 80 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 17 + Defenses 10 = 136 / 136

Build Comments: I was a huge Defenders fan when I was a kid and one of their longest running members was Hellcat, Patsy Walker. She is an interesting character mainly because she started out as a character in Patsy and Hedy, an Archie type comic, then was somehow integrated into the mainstream Marvel continuity.

Her powers have been all over the board, from just being a martial artist type, to having enhanced strength/speed/agility, to having telekinesis, shooting eye beams, detecting evil, being immune to magic and other odds and ends. Craziness. I’m just going with enhanced abilities, danger sense and calling it good.

And she has been awesome in the last few She-Hulk series as the wild thing to Jenn’s more settled persona and in her own recent Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat series. Both of them were fun as all get out and I loved the little universe they set up for them. I'm probably going to do a run of the side characters at some point.

Secret Origins: After growing up in suburban Centerville, graduating high school and marrying high-school sweetheart Robert "Buzz" Baxter, Patsy Walker became an assistant to scientist Hank McCoy, the mutant superhero the Beast, who at that time was on hiatus from the X-Men. Estranged from her husband, now a U.S. Air Force colonel, Walker befriends McCoy, and, desiring to become a superhero, accompanied McCoy on an adventure with the superhero team the Avengers. She adopted an ability-enhancing costume that formerly belonged to Greer Grant Nelson, the former masked adventuress the Cat who became Tigra, and Walker takes on the name Hellcat.

The Story so Far: After having used her natural athletic abilities and good instincts to rescue the Avengers, Walker is offered membership in the team. The cosmic adventurer Moondragon persuades her to decline and instead accompany Moondragon to the Saturn moon of Titan for training in psychic ability and advanced martial arts. Walker's training is abbreviated when she returned to Earth to assist the supernatural hero Doctor Strange, and then joined the superhero team the Defenders. Moondragon revoked her psychic abilities, citing Walker's ineffective use of them as the cause.

She met her future husband Daimon Hellstrom, the Son of Satan, during the course of her Defenders adventuring. After learning that her mother had promised her soul to Satan, and briefly being lied to by the Devil that he was her father, Walker reunites with her real father and marries Hellstrom. The two then retire from superheroics. Ultimately, Hellstrom's demonic inheritance took possession of him and drove Walker insane. Institutionalized, she was driven to suicide by the otherworldly being Deathurge.

Trapped in Hell, Walker's spirit is used in a series of gladiatorial-like combat scenarios. There, she learns to develop and use her psychic powers. Hellstrom tricks the archer superhero Hawkeye into returning her spirit to Earth; Hawkeye believes he is retrieving his presumed-dead wife, Mockingbird, from the demonic lord Mephisto's realm.

Resurrected and back on Earth, Walker retained the powers she developed in Hell. Now able to manifest a costume at will, Walker adopts a reversed version of the Cat costume, with a blue cat-suit and cowl with yellow gloves and boots. In this new guise, and once again a member of the Defenders, Hellcat focuses on combating occult evils, notably Nicholas Scratch, who had based himself in her hometown of Centerville, and the other-dimensional ruler Dormammu.

During the superhero "Civil War" over the federal Superhuman Registration Act, Hellcat willingly registers. She serves as one of the young superheroes' instructors at Camp Hammond. She was then assigned as an official superhero in Alaska, but eventually returned to New York City.

She ended up becoming an investigator for Jennifer Walters before starting her own temp agency that employed people with super powers that didn't want to get involved in the superhero scene.

Characterization: Patsy is a driven heroine who is truly enjoying her second chance at life.

Friends and Foes: Hellcat developed and maintains a deep friendship with the superheroes Firestar, Black Cat and Monica Rambeau. Her best friend is Jennifer Walkers, the She-Hulk and has also become friends with Jubilee, Ms. America and Jessica Jones. Among non-heroes, she is good friends with her landlord and her roomate, Ian, and her old friend from high school, Tom.

She is trying to help her ex-husband Mad Dog, but he remains enthralled with the Secret Empire. She and Daimon Hellstrom are on generally good terms but she still has several issues with what her time with him put her through.
Thorpocalypse

348 - She-Hulk

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got a GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL hitting Aisle 2!

I know a thing or two about rage. And that kind of fury... it's not going to pass without taking someone with it. - She-Hulk

SHE-HULK
PL12

OPL: 12; SPL: -; DPL: 12; FWPL: 11; HP: 1
Height: 5-10 (6-7 as She-Hulk)
Weight: 150 (750 as She-Hulk)
Eyes: Green
Hair: Brown (Green as She-Hulk)
Skin: Fair (Green as She-Hulk)
Base of Operations: New York, NY, USA
Team Affiliations: Avengers; Defenders; JLAXI; Lady Liberators

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 14 [16], STAMINA 11 [13], AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT -2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics (+14/+16), Deception (+2), Insight 4 (+6), Intimidation 9 (+9/+10), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion (+0), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 3 (+5), Stealth (+3/+1)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Contacts, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Last Stand*, Power Attack (1) (Unarmed)

POWERS:
She-Hulk Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts
Healing Factor: Immunity 6 (Aging, Disease, Poisons [Limited], Need to Sleep, Thirst, Pressure, Heat, Cold), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Regeneration 4 (4/every 10 rounds; Extra: Persistent); 14 pts
Red She-Hulk Hide: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 11 (Flaw: Limited [Ballistics/Bludgeoning only]; 13 pts
Incredible Leg Strength: Leaping 10 (1 Mile), Speed 4 (30 mph/500 fpr); 14 pts
She-Hulk Strength: Enhanced Strength 5 (12,000 Tons, Flaw: Limited to lifting]; 5 pts
Incredible Senses: Feature 1 (Fourth Wall Knowledge); 1 pt
Super Strength Stunts: Alternate Effect Array of Strength; 2 pts
Sonic Slam: Cone Area Affliction 12 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone), Flaw: Limited to Two Degrees); 1 pt
Groundstrike: Burst Area Force Damage 12 (Extras: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Flaws: Limited [She-Hulk must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]); 1 pt

Hulking Out: Enhanced Strength 2 (50,000 Tons), Enhanced Stamina 2, Immunity 2 (Critical Hits), Enhanced Advantages 3 (Extraordinary Effort, Improved Critical [Unarmed], Last Stand); (Flaw: All Uncontrolled); 7 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +14; She-Hulking Out Unarmed +16, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +2
Throwing +5
Special Attack [Groundstrike +12, Burst Area; Sonic Slam Affliction +12, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +13 (+6 Impervious against Ballistics/Bludgeoning. +15 when She-Hulking Out), Fortitude +11 (+13 when She-Hulking Out), Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Mongal, The Female Furies, Titania.
Normal Identity: When not in her Savage She-Hulk form, she loses her powers and her stats change to STR 2, STA 2, AGL 2, FGT 4, INT 3, AWE 3, PRE 2 and she gains Expertise [Lawyer] 9 (+12) and Investigation 5 (+8).
Responsibility: As a high profile lawyer for both normal and super powered clients, she has a responsibility to them and the law.
Rivalry: She-Dragon and Red She-Hulk.
Temper: Now that she's the Savage She-Hulk she really has to control her emotion as Jennifer Walters and when she changes, she can rage out of control.

Abilities 68 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 61 + Defenses 13 = 157 / 157

Build Comments: As of late, Jen has lost control of her She-Hulk persona due to almost being killed by Thanos and other trauma in her life so she has become the Savage She-Hulk again, which I really like. It’s fun when she’s the big, green lawyer lady, but seeing her more feral form and in speaking like her cousins’ monster is even more fun.

Secret Origins: Jennifer Walters, the meek and mousy lawyer cousin of Bruce Banner, was the daughter of Sheriff Morris Walters. Agents of Nicholas Trask, a crime boss who had crossed paths with her father, shot and seriously wounded her on a day when her cousin was in town. Bruce gave her a blood transfusion, as no other donors of her blood type were available; the radioactive blood mutated Jennifer as it had her cousin, transforming her into the She-Hulk.

The Story so Far: Although Jennifer was at first savage while in her form as She-Hulk, she eventually gained the same intelligence she had as the normal Jennifer Walters. She quickly came to appreciate the confidence and assertiveness that had come with being She-Hulk. For a long time, she felt more comfortable in her form as She-Hulk than in her "normal" form as Jennifer. But she has gradually grown comfortable in both forms, and realized that she has much to offer the world in both her forms. After a brief solo career, she joined the Avengers and temporarily replaced the Thing in the Fantastic Four.

During her tenure with the Fantastic Four, the She-Hulk had to prevent a radiation leak in a downed S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier. This radiation exposure apparently mutated Jennifer to the point that she could not transform back into her original form. But this was an agreeable turn of events for her, since she preferred her She-Hulk form anyway. It was revealed much later that the "genetic block" was in fact purely psychological, shortly before a similar block locked her in non-Hulk form. That block proved to be temporary.

After the Fantastic Four , the She-Hulk rejoined the Avengers and joined the staff of District Attorney Blake Tower for a time. She was a member of the short lived hero group the Fantastic Force. Later, while doing some legal work for Heroes for Hire, she also went on a few adventures with them and spent some time dating Luke Cage.

Eventually, Jen returned to the Avengers and remained with the team for some time. On one adventure, the She-Hulk was exposed to fellow Avenger Jack of Hearts radiation powers causing Jen to lose control of the savage side of her personality. She injured several Avengers and went berserk in Bone, Idaho, virtually destroying the whole town. With Jen's fear and rage at an all-time high the assembled Avengers couldn't stop her.

Only the Hulk himself was able to slow her down until Jack of Hearts was able to use his powers to balance her Gamma levels and she regained control over her savage side. Jen's normal personality was restored for a time but her worst fear came true when Scarlet Witch went temporarily insane and used her magic to cause Jen to lose control again. This time, she nearly killed Captain America and tore the Vision in half with her bare hands. Although she had been manipulated, She-Hulk was devastated at her part in the Vision's death and the destruction of the town of Bone, Idaho. Ashamed, She-Hulk quit the Avengers to resume her law career and spend more time as plain Jennifer Walters.

Jennifer worked as a lawyer for the Superhuman Law division of the New York law firm of Goodman, Lieber, Kurtzberg, & Holliway. Able to change forms at will again, Jennifer rediscovered she sometimes had wildly different views and opinions in each form, where the She-Hulk she came out publicly in favor of the Superhuman Registration Act, yet as Jennifer Walters she understood the views of those against the Act.

She-Hulk discovered that S.H.I.E.L.D. knew of her cousin's whereabouts after sending him of into space. Anticipating a problem, Tony Stark secretly had her injected with S.P.I.N. Tech that transformed her to human form. During World War Hulk, Amadeus Cho temporarily restored her powers and she defeated Doc Samson in battle. Later Tony Stark temporarily restored her powers so she could help evacuate New York City. She tried to convince the Hulk to stop his attack, but she was defeated and held captive with the other heroes at Madison Square Garden, which the Hulk had converted into a gladiatorial arena. Jennifer Walters regained her powers after visiting an alternate universe.

Jennifer tasked Ben Urich to discover the identity of the Red Hulk. While She-Hulk went M.I.A. following a battle between the Hulk and the Red Hulk, a Red She-Hulk appeared claiming Jennifer Walters was dead. It was later shown in a flashback that Red She-Hulk prevented Jennifer Walters from escaping from AIM custody. During this battle, Red She-Hulk brutally beat Jennifer and snapped her neck with a cable. In the last panel Jennifer Walters appeared to be dead with the Red She-Hulk standing over her body. Though the Red She-Hulk claims she didn't know her own strength then questions Doc Samson whether it was the real She-Hulk or a Life-Model Decoy to which Samson answers "You're here to Follow orders, not to ask questions". Lyra later infiltrates the Intelligencia, where she finds Jennifer in stasis.

After other adventurers, she joined The Ultimates who confronted Thanos. Thanos nearly killer her and since she’s recovered, her Savage She-Hulk persona has resurfaced and Jen has to fight her emotions on a regular basis to keep her at bay.

Characterization: She-Hulk’s personality has changed over the years: originally ill-tempered and violent, she is now depicted as a fun-loving, kind, empathetic, yet still feisty woman who frequently uses humor when fighting. She has stated that she does not want to kill her foes, especially ones which she has already subdued.

She has also started and led her own disaster relief organization and felt great remorse for almost destroying a small town (due to her transformed state briefly turning uncontrollable from radiation), whereupon she helped construction workers to rebuild it. As a highly idealistic lawyer, the character has a history of defending the rights of minorities, the mentally ill, civil liberties, including the right for criminals to not be unduly mistreated and get a proper defense, or individuals to not be victimized by certain less ethical corporations but also a belief in the necessity of law and order. These priorities have sometimes made her personally conflicted, such as reversing her stance regarding the "Superhuman Registration Act"; and being disillusioned when her more famous cousin Bruce (whom she considers as a brother) was shot into space without due process, or when what she thought to be a torturer and murderer of children was cleared from all charges.

Friends and Foes: She is close to her cousin Bruce Banner, who she sees as a brother, and the rest of the “Hulk Family”, including A-Bomb (Rick Jones), Lyra, Skaar and Betty Ross, The Red She-Hulk. She is also best friends with Patsy Walker (Hellcat) and is good friends with many female heroes including Power Girl, Faith (Zephyr), Jennifer Jones, Carol Danvers and many others.
Jabroniville

Re: J-Mart: Adam Warlock, Constantine, Hellboy, Hellcat, She-Hulk

Post by Jabroniville »

Savage, ultra-muscular, broad-shouldered, vascular-bicep'd Jennifer Walters is the She-Hulk I never knew I needed :).
Gamebook

Post by Gamebook »

I have always preferred her to be intelligent and controlled, with a sleek appearance, as a contrast to her ogre of a cousin. For muscular brutality I favor characters that are more innately brutish, such as Thundra, or my new girlmuscle crush Lady Hellbender.

Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Did I hear Thundra's name mentioned? Yay, Thundra!
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:00 am Savage, ultra-muscular, broad-shouldered, vascular-bicep'd Jennifer Walters is the She-Hulk I never knew I needed :).
Oh, lordy, yes. :D
Gamebook wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:21 am I have always preferred her to be intelligent and controlled, with a sleek appearance, as a contrast to her ogre of a cousin. For muscular brutality I favor characters that are more innately brutish, such as Thundra, or my new girlmuscle crush Lady Hellbender.

And oh, lordy, yes again. :D
Thorpocalypse

Nuke: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got a new addition to our Villains Line hitting the Aisle 2 shelves!

They'll see, sir. They'll see now. America doesn't run. America doesn't lose. - Nuke

NUKE
PL9

OPL: 9; SPL: 2; DPL: 9; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 6-3
Weight: 270
Hair: Blonde
Race: Human Cyborg
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Neutral
Base of Operations: Washington, DC, USA
Team Affiliations: US Government; Suicide Squad

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 7, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+12), Deception (+0), Expertise [Soldier] 10 (+10), Insight (+1), Intimidation 10 (+10), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion (+0), Stealth 7 (+10), Vehicles 4 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Close Attack (2), Diehard, Equipment (7), Great Endurance, Improved Hold, Last Stand*, Power Attack (3) (Pistols, Short Blades, Unarmed), Ranged Attack (6), Takedown (1), Withstand Damage* (1)

POWERS:
Cyborg Physique: Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr), Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 9 (Flaw: Limited to ballistics), Immunity 5 (Fatigue Effects, Flaw: Limited [half effect]), Enhanced Advantages 3 (Diehard, Last Stand*, Withstand Damage*); 14 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(35 pts)
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts
Heavy Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 4; 8 pts
Arsenal: (25 pts)
.50-caliber Machine Gun: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 7; 21 pt
RPG: Ranged Burst Area Ballistic Damage 8, Burst Area 4, Extra: Burst Area (30 ft radius); 1 pt
Heavy Flamethrower: Fire Damage 8, Extra: Line Area (30 ft line)/Cone Area (60 ft cone); 1 pt
Fragmentation Grenades: Ranged Area Burst Ballistic Damage 5, Extra: Burst Area (30 ft radius); 1 pt
Assault Rifle: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 5; 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +7; Knife +8, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +10 [Heavy Pistol +4; .50 Cal Machine Gun +7, Multiattack; RPG +8, Burst Area]
Special Attack [Frag Grenades +5, Burst Area; Flamethrower +8, Line Area/Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +10 (+5 Impervious against Ballistics), Fortitude +10, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Insanity: The experiments on him and the trauma he has experienced have made him pretty much totally insane and he can only function via control from his unknown handlers
Power Loss: Nuke takes three types of pills that can affect his abilities: a red one to increase his adrenaline (without it, he loses his Great Endurance and Immunity: Fatigue), a white on that brings him down and a blue one that relaxes him. These pills are all placebos and the affect is purely psychological

Abilities 62 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 22 + Powers 14 + Defenses 8 = 126 / 126

Build Comments: Nuke is one of those characters that Marvel used to take another shot at the US government. Long story short, he was traumatized by a brainwashed Wolverine as a teenager, then taken into the Weapon Plus program, pretty much had his mind wiped, got cybernetic implants and is now basically just a government weapon, only able to follow commands of a controlling officer. He has second heart which allows him to function at a high adrenalin level all the time and tap into extra rage via pills that send him into a rage and then there are other pills to bring him down.

He’s pretty much a pure mayhem causing tank and he’s hung with Cap, DD and Wolvie so I felt OK about PL10. But since his mind is gone, his lack of skills and feats make him very cheap.

Secret Origins: The disturbed son of a wealthy, abusive, alcoholic, upper-class woman in Ohio, Frank soon developed an unhealthy affection for his babysitter, the only real maternal figure in his life. The young woman, who was harboring feelings for his father Charles, capitalized on Frank's affection and talked the boy into killing his mother. Wolverine, who at that time was an operative for Weapon Plus, had been sent to kidnap Frank Simpson. Wolverine showed up, dressed as a cop. He then stalked Charles Simpson and the babysitter, eventually shooting the girl with Charles' gun, after which Charles committed suicide. Wolverine then went to Frank's place and abducted him for the supersoldier project.

Years later, Frank Simpson was sent into the Vietnam War as a black-ops agent. Captured by the Viet Cong, Frank was severely tortured by Logan, who was posing as a Russian intelligence liaison, shattering Frank's still unbalanced mind. While torturing him he implanted the phrase "No V.C.!" as a trigger word, along with the compulsion to kill gruesomely, in retaliation for the tortures suffered, anyone who uttered the words. He then allowed Frank to escape, testing his work with a village of peasants, who, seeing an American soldier, tried to soothe his anger and convince him to spare them, shouting the "No V.C.!" phrase, meaning that they weren't Viet Cong. Frank, in response to the trigger word, burnt the village to the ground killing every inhabitant. The experiment being a success, Logan was installed as his handler. Due to his trauma, Nuke often hallucinates that the enemies he is fighting are the Viet Cong.

At some time during the war, Nuke was inducted into the final part of the Project Homegrown, the Weapon VII program that turned him in a partial cyborg with a sub dermal mesh able to deflect bullets, and a second heart that, working in conjunction with some (placebo) pills, controlled his aggression, leaving him addicted as well.

The Story so Far: Kingpin gained access to Nuke via government officials he had blackmailed and manipulated the fragile soldier into believing Daredevil hated America and is his sworn enemy in a bid to have Nuke attack his nemesis. Nuke attacked Hell's Kitchen, causing massive damage and causalities as Daredevil battled him with help from the Avengers.

Later, learning that Nuke was an attempt to recreate the process which empowered him, Captain America and Daredevil join forces to try and protect Nuke from the government and US Army who are trying to kill him as his attack on Hell's Kitchen incriminates them. The heroes are unsuccessful and Nuke is shot and appears to die as Daredevil rushes his body to the Daily Bugle so Ben Urich can expose the whole conspiracy. Nuke survived, however, and was taken into government custody, kept hidden away, and deployed for black-ops missions. His survival was made known to Captain America and the X-Men when the government sent him after Wolverine.

During Norman Osborn’s Dark Reign, he was outfitted as the new Scourge and joined Norman Osborn's Thunderbolts squad and led the team in a mission to capture and execute Black Widow and Songbird. His teammates Headsman and Paladin refused to obey his orders to murder the two women in cold blood, which led to an intense fight between them. It only ended when Ghost phased through Nuke's head, causing Nuke to pass out.

Characterization: Nuke is the victim of decades of systematic physical and mental abuse and conditioning at the hands of various individuals working for the United States government. As a result, Nuke is insane. He is now little more than a puppet in the hands of his current handler, and able only to follow issued commands.

Friends and Foes: He only has the foes against the America he believed in fighting for and works for whoever controls him at the time.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:42 am, edited 3 times in total.