Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice [M&M 3e Recruitment CLOSED]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

Re: Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice [M&M 3e Recruitment]

Post by MacynSnow »

EpicEclipse wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:38 am (I'm not sure what "Fighting-based" is meant to be on your Improvised Weapon power, also, I think the cost might be off. Damage 2, Ranged 5 = 7, Removeable(-2) brings the cost to 5 and you have it listed at 4. Also, the paired guns and bow are the same effect, with the bow being two ranks lower. I can see situations where the bow is more useful, but you might consider slapping Subtle on it to give it that truly "stealth weapon" feel, and maybe accurate to make up the difference in effect rank.)
I placed "Fighting-Based" on Improvised Weapon to make it different from the Strength-based one found in the Heroes Handbook.Mechanics-wise,it fills the same role as strength would.As for my bow&guns,i'll get right on that thanks Epic! ...i also like the whole "McGuyver of beating people up" y'all have been sticking him with,it a rather cool modern nickname. :D
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

All-American aka Samuel Hawke - PL 10

Strength 10, Stamina 10, Agility 5, Dexterity 4, Fighting 5, Intellect 1, Awareness 3, Presence 5

Advantages
All-out Attack, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Fascinate (Persuasion), Fearless, Improved Initiative, Inspire 4, Leadership, Luck, Skill Mastery: Persuasion, Ultimate Effort: Persuasion, Untapped Potential

Skills
Close Combat: Unarmed 5 (+10), Expertise: US History 9 (+10), Insight 12 (+15), Perception 12 (+15), Persuasion 10 (+15)

Powers
Aegis (Easily Removable (indestructible))
. . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 6 (Traits: Dodge +3 (+10), Parry +3 (+10))
American Spirit: Immortality 1 (Return after 2 weeks, Advantages: Fearless)
Strength Effect
. . Soaring to New Heights: Leaping 10 (Alternate; Leap 1 mile at 250 miles/hour in 12 seconds)
U.S.Awareness: Senses 10 (Detect: National Threats 1, Extended: Detect 7: x10m, Radius: Detect, Ranged: Detect; Limited: Only within US Borders)
Young American: Immunity 1 (Aging)

Offense
Initiative +9
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 20)
Throw, +4 (DC 25)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 25)

Complications
Enemy: In extreme instances, Sam may divide into multiple manifestations, such as Johnny Reb and Billy Yank during the War Between the States. It is likely there is a Manifestation out there that represents Many Americans loyalty to the Regime of Superman.
Motivation: Patriotism: Sam is the spiritual embodiment of Young American American patriotism and values.
Power Loss: Sam’s powers are linked to Americans’ faith in their country, and are now in decline as their belief is shaken. Sam’s powers are linked to Americans’ faith in their country, and decline as their belief is shaken.
Secret: Samuel Hawke is an incarnation of the American Icon, Uncle Sam.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 10/7, Parry 10/7, Fortitude 10, Toughness 10, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 86 + Powers 15 + Advantages 14 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Defenses 11 = 150

History:
The One Earth Regime. Under Superman's rule, the world was united. Crime, poverty, famine had become a thing of the past. Yet so had freedom and personal liberty under the Kryptonian's dictatorship. It was during this time Uncle Sam; the Spirit of America's powers waned to almost nothing, as millions of Americans willingly gave up their Freedom. The once proud American Icon wandered the streets for years, a vagrant in a supposed Eden.
When the Regime fell at the hands of Batman, not everyone was pleased. There were still many who were loyal and devoted to the Man of Tomorrow and that loyalty was seen in the streets in the form of violence by Regime Loyalists. During the rioting, a young mannamed Samuel Hawke saved the former Hero from being attacked, but not before Uncle Sam was mortally wounded. He grabbed Hawke's hand. "America's future is with the Young!" he exclaimed and faded away. Hawke soon found he was the inheritor of the Mantle of Uncle Sam and while diminished, he had the powers of the hero as well. Too young to be anyone's "uncle" he instead took the name "All-American" and set out to prove himself worthy of his Legacy.
Last edited by Hero4hire on Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Night Sword ("El Espada Noche")
PL 10 - 150pts.

Name: Jeronimo "Jerome" Pineda
Height: 6’1”
Weight: 200
Hair: Black
Eyes: Grey
Ethnicity: Spanish
Native Language: Spanish

PL 10 (150 pts.)

Abilities: (62pts.)
Strength: 3, Stamina 3, Agility 4/5, Dexterity 4/5, Fight 6/7, Intelligence 3, Awareness 4/5, Presence 4

Skills: (20 pts.)
Acrobatics 4 (+9), Athletics 4 (+7), Close Combat: Swords 7 (+14), Deception 5 (+9), Insight 4 (+9), Investigation 2 (+5), Perception 4 (+9), Sleight of Hand 2 (+7), Stealth 2 (+7), Technology 2 (+5), Treatment 2 (+5), Vehicle 2 (+7)

Advantages: (30 pts.)
Agile Feint, All-out Attack, Benefit 2 (independently wealthy), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Equipment 5, Evasion, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Languages 2 (English, French, Italian), Leadership, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Redirect, Seize Initiative, Second Chance (Resist Mind Control), Set Up 2, Takedown, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge

Powers: (27pts.)
"Aerodynamic Cape" - Flight 5 (60mph), Gliding -1/r, Subtle +1 flat, Removable -1 flat, Linked to Movement 1 (Safefall) Total: 7 points

"Precognition" - Enhanced Abilities (Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 1, Awareness 1) ; Senses 5 (Precognition, Danger Sense) Total: 13 points

"Reinforced Costume" - Protection 2 Total: 2 point

"Rapier" - Damage 3 (piercing), Multi-attack 3 +1/r, Removable -1 flat, Improved Crit. +1 flat, Indestructible (Titanium Alloy - MC 15) +1 flat Total: 5 points

Offense: Initiative: +9
Close Combat: Unarmed (+7); 3 DC
Close Combat: Swords (+14); 6 DC

Defense: (11pts)
Dodge 5 + 2 = 7
Parry 7 + 5 = 12
Toughness 8/5
Fortitude 3 + 3 = 6
Will 5 + 1= 6

Abilities (62) + Skills (20) + Advantages (30) + Powers (27) + Defenses (11) = 150 pts.

Equipment (25pts.)
Armored Car (Black SUV) 10 points

Headquarters:
- Large Home - a "vacation home" (lake-house) 2 points 9 points total
+2 Toughness 2 points
Secret (unoccupied vacation home) 1 point
Concealed (extra, "false" basement) 1 point
Communications 1 point
Computers 1 point
Workshop 1 point

Crime-fighting Gear: 6 points total
Handcuffs 1 point
Lock Release Gun 1 point
Restraints 1 point
Mini-tracer 1 point
Night Vision Goggles 1 point
Parabolic Microphone 1 point

History:
Jeronimo Pineda is the brother of the late Rhonda Pineda (a.k.a. Atomika), who served as a spy for the Crime Syndicate of America. Her infiltration of the A.R.G.U.S. and the Justice League set in motion the intelligence gathering which lead to the Crime Syndicate's successful invasion of Earth Prime. With both of her parents dead, there were only two people from Earth-3 that meant anything to Atomika. Namely, her lover, Johnny Quick and her little brother, "Jerome".

Atomika knew what the future held for Earth-3; she begged the The Outsider to allow her sibling to leave the doomed world and move to Earth Prime in order to have a future. At the time of his arrival, he was merely a boy. Rhonda placed the adolescent boy in the care of a "trusted Professor" in Ivy Town. Jerome led a privileged life and enjoyed many of the intellectual and cultural opportunities available in a large, university town. His above average intelligence and astounding reflexes garnered the attention of the university's fencing coach during a youth clinic. Jerome went on to fence competitively in regional and national tournaments throughout high school. He was in elementary school when he discovered the fate of his late sister and her role in betraying Earth Prime. Despite her care for him, he developed a profound sense of shame towards her. He also began to develop mixed feelings toward his "caregiver", whom he now realized as a collaborator with the Crime Syndicate. It was not until the rise of the Regime that Jerome began to ponder the difficult issues of justice that plagued the world. He made sense of it the best he could.

As he grew into a young teenager, his precognitive sense would flare up now and again. In moments of peace, he would occasionally have "daydreams" that would come to pass. In fencing bouts he would "see" opponent's moves a brief moment before they actually would. He kept these things to himself for fear that he would be accused of cheating. With no real family around, he forced himself into social activities and team sports in order to take his mind off his loneliness and lack of support. During the early years of the Regime, Jerome was very sympathetic (and empathetic) to Superman and his cause. It was due in part to his tragedy that Jerome made the decision to help any way he could. Considered a fencing prodigy, he let his resume and reputation garner him students among the wealthy families of Gotham City. One month before his 18th birthday, he moved to a wealthy suburb of Gotham where he divided his time between building a lucrative clientele and base of operations from which to fight crime at the grassroots level.

By this time, Jerome had become less infatuated with the Regime. Jerome favored a "middle ground" whereby the Regime could remain only if it accepted restraints on its authority. Since Superman and his loyalists balked at that restraint, Jerome began to sympathize with the Insurgency more and more. Although he does not agree completely with Batman's "code against killing", he finds more agreement with Batman's approach to justice than he does Superman. During his first year in Gotham, Jerome focused his attention on "the little guy", those citizens who were still victimized by "street level" crime. These people were too often forgotten during the Regime and Insurgency conflict and especially during the Brainiac Invasion. Battling the predators and thugs on the streets of Gotham became his penance for who he was, namely an Earth-3 native and brother of the late Atomika. He is ashamed of his origins and hopes to transform himself into the kind of man he can respect. He has no desire to return to his "home universe" especially now that Earth-3 is destroyed.

Complications:

Secret and Unpopular Origin - Jerome comes from a universe whose inhabitants are roundly disliked on Earth Prime. To make matters worse, he is the sibling of one of the greatest "traitors" in Earth Prime history. Furthermore, Jerome is not a citizen of the United States (or any other nation). His illegal status has been largely ignored in the past, but things could change.

Quest for Honor and Justice - Jerome's intense crime-fighting mission stems from his conscience. Though he has no control of his past, he believes that it has influence over who he is now. He runs from his past by immersing himself in crime-fighting activity.
Last edited by Supernaturalist on Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

endwaar: Are robots legally recognized as people in this setting?
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Legally is such a... fluid term in this time. For the most part, it varies widely based on where you are. Generally, no - they're not given any of the rights of people, especially in places in the world that were less developed before the Regime. However, between AMAZO and the Brainiac invasion, most people are highly distrustful of machines, and most robots are being decommissioned or otherwise persecuted.

I didn't realize this right up until you asked me, so my apologies there.
Awaken

Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC IC
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

endwaar wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:04 pm Legally is such a... fluid term in this time. For the most part, it varies widely based on where you are. Generally, no - they're not given any of the rights of people, especially in places in the world that were less developed before the Regime. However, between AMAZO and the Brainiac invasion, most people are highly distrustful of machines, and most robots are being decommissioned or otherwise persecuted.

I didn't realize this right up until you asked me, so my apologies there.
Is this Complication level distrusted and persecuted, or "not suitable player character material" level distrusted and persecuted?
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

I would say that for the most part, it's a complication, but there are places where it'd be the latter... again, mostly in the less developed parts of the world - though all in all, XIII seems like it'd be a poor example for treating robots like people, both legally and otherwise.
Awaken

Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

endwaar wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:16 pm though all in all, XIII seems like it'd be a poor example for treating robots like people, both legally and otherwise.
XIII is just a product of its development environment and had a bad upbringing!
But yes.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

I plan on getting my submission done by Sunday. Sorry, work has been rough.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

No worries. You've got a few days yet.
Awaken

EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MacynSnow wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:47 pm I placed "Fighting-Based" on Improvised Weapon to make it different from the Strength-based one found in the Heroes Handbook.Mechanics-wise,it fills the same role as strength would.
Uuhhh....what? I mean, first, you can't just swap strength for a different attribute for adding damage to a damage effect. Strength already deals damage, it's why it is a free-addon for damage. It's like a linked effect mechanically.

But further to that, you have FIghting 10, adding Damage 2, and Ranged 5. Even in melee, the attack is over PL in melee.

Unless I am misunderstanding what you mean about using fighting-based as a mechanical replacement for strength-based?

Lastly, there is already a mechanic for adding damage to improvised weapons; Improvised Weapon, the advantage.
When wielding an improvised close combat weapon—
anything from a chair to a telephone pole or entire car—
you use your Close Combat: Unarmed skill bonus for at-
tack checks with the “weapon” rather than relying on your
general Close Combat skill bonus. Additional ranks in this
advantage give you a +1 bonus to Damage with impro-
vised weapons per rank. Your maximum Damage bonus is
still limited by power level, as usual.
So for the same 5 points, you get +5 to the damage of such effect and use your close combat unarmed skill
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

endwaar wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:58 pm No worries. You've got a few days yet.
Thanks.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Added Night Blade to Vee's personal impressions list here.

I'll wait until All-American's history is posted to add him too. (Though wouldn't Samuel Eagle be more apropo for a spirit of America? ;) )
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

EpicEclipse wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:17 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:47 pm I placed "Fighting-Based" on Improvised Weapon to make it different from the Strength-based one found in the Heroes Handbook.Mechanics-wise,it fills the same role as strength would.
Uuhhh....what? I mean, first, you can't just swap strength for a different attribute for adding damage to a damage effect. Strength already deals damage, it's why it is a free-addon for damage. It's like a linked effect mechanically.

But further to that, you have FIghting 10, adding Damage 2, and Ranged 5. Even in melee, the attack is over PL in melee.

Unless I am misunderstanding what you mean about using fighting-based as a mechanical replacement for strength-based?

Lastly, there is already a mechanic for adding damage to improvised weapons; Improvised Weapon, the advantage.
When wielding an improvised close combat weapon—
anything from a chair to a telephone pole or entire car—
you use your Close Combat: Unarmed skill bonus for at-
tack checks with the “weapon” rather than relying on your
general Close Combat skill bonus. Additional ranks in this
advantage give you a +1 bonus to Damage with impro-
vised weapons per rank. Your maximum Damage bonus is
still limited by power level, as usual.
So for the same 5 points, you get +5 to the damage of such effect and use your close combat unarmed skill
Ok,i'll just put it back to what it was in the Handbook(i HONESTLY thought you could like it to a different stat),thanks for clarifing that for me Epic! :D
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Somebody give me a set of laws for XIII to be following, I'm going to run it through Fistful of Nazis.