Re: Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice [M&M 3e Recruitment]

Post by endwaar »

Toast Burglar wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:12 pm
endwaar wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:55 pm
Price*
Ohp. Thanks. Fixed.
pathfinderq1 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:36 pm

>Continuity details for review/ approval:
-Barbara Gordon, who was already Oracle before the Regime, is a graduate of Burnside College, and given the timeline presented would be at least 30 at this point (somewhere between original character age and recent reboots where she is still in college). While she has returned to her Batgirl persona following her surgery, she pent most of the later years of the Regime and the period of Injustice 2 maintaining Oracle's network (outside the network of Brother Eye, though greatly reduced)- there is currently no one person in the role of Oracle (it is instead several people, including Proxy/ Wendy Harris), operating under Barbara's coordination (when she isn't too busy doing Batgirl stuff).
-The Falcone family tried to play both sides during the Regime- and they failed. Superman dealt the family a crippling blow in Year 2 or so, but the Regime wasn't exactly good to any of the other families in town, and the Falcone family has recovered fastest; the are currently top dog again (for how long). Alberto and Sofia were killed, and Mario leads the family now- Carmine died before the Regime took power.
Yeah, about the age thing. I mean, Dick was like, eight when he started Robin'ing, at least in one place I've read. So I am gonna say that Barbara was only Batgirl very shortly, and is probably in her late twenties/early thirties. She did retain Oracle's network, at least for the duration of the Regime, despite returning as Batgirl.
I can imagine that there's no one person as Oracle, certainly - though Barbara probably is still pretty central to the network, such as it is. The Birds of Prey that survived the conflict still associate with one another, though there aren't nearly as many.
I imagine that yeah, the Falcones died fairly early on in the Regime - Superman had no need of them, despite what they thought, so they were forced to flee.
Awaken

Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC IC
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Is recruitment still open? It has been awhile since I've gotten to play and would love to pitch something.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Yup! Until the 11th.
Awaken

Camus

Post by Camus »

Bill from Accounting wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:13 am
"James Baker of Earth. You have the ability to overcome great fear. Welco-"

Janet's father drew his final breath.

"Scan for replacement sentient initiated."
Golden! :lol:
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Toast Burglar wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:38 am
Alias: Lil' Shazam/Young Marvel (Suggestions appreciated)
Suggestion: Something to do with Salem - it comes from the same root as SoLoMon - s(h)lm. Captain Salem's probably a bit much, but..
Awaken

MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Did my corrections for Arsenal so he should be good.I actually did something different: i gave him 9 point of powers,stuff i based off the Weapon Master Archtype options from the main book.
Ghost of Krypton

Post by Ghost of Krypton »

I went with the simplicity of Marvel, for Peter Price.
Toast Burglar

Post by Toast Burglar »

endwaar wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:54 pm
Toast Burglar wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:38 am
Alias: Lil' Shazam/Young Marvel (Suggestions appreciated)
Suggestion: Something to do with Salem - it comes from the same root as SoLoMon - s(h)lm. Captain Salem's probably a bit much, but..
That's not a bad direction of thought, albeit the only thing that's coming to mind is "Shalom", and I'm not terribly confident I could play a character that would unironically use that alias.

Alternatively Witch Hunter is too edgy for him and... In fact thinking about it, Salem as a theme is probably too dark for him to think about in a heroic sense.

@Ghost - Marvel works, I'll add it in with another forwardslash.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Double-checking on the timeline, before I get any deeper into the background-writing (since, for a young character, each year matters).

The timeline in the first post here seems to indicate that Injustice 2 happens directly after the end of Injustice 1, both in Year 6. The wikipedia article (a fallible source I know, but that's what I've got) says that the events of Injustice 2 start 4 years later.

Which one should I go with?

While I'm at it- anybody have a vote for either physical (sneaky/fighty) or cerebral (Detect and Deception) focus on my Bat-apprentice?
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

For the purposes of our game, I'll say that it happens a year afterwards - I don't want to steal all the youth from this.
Awaken

pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

endwaar wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:12 pm For the purposes of our game, I'll say that it happens a year afterwards - I don't want to steal all the youth from this.
Got it- will adjust age/ timeline accordingly.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Are we still going with the game starting 6 years after the nuking of Metropolis?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:10 pm Double-checking on the timeline, before I get any deeper into the background-writing (since, for a young character, each year matters).

The timeline in the first post here seems to indicate that Injustice 2 happens directly after the end of Injustice 1, both in Year 6. The wikipedia article (a fallible source I know, but that's what I've got) says that the events of Injustice 2 start 4 years later.

Which one should I go with?

While I'm at it- anybody have a vote for either physical (sneaky/fighty) or cerebral (Detect and Deception) focus on my Bat-apprentice?
Sneaky/fighty we need an ACTUAL Nightwing,not Damian(who i could never see as being a good successor to anyone but maybe Azrel).
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

CaptainChaos wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:18 pm Are we still going with the game starting 6 years after the nuking of Metropolis?
Correct! It's a few months after Injustice 2, which, for our purposes, was 6 years after the nuking of Metropolis, despite what canon says. :mrgreen:
Awaken

Camus

Post by Camus »

The war with the Greek gods had some unseen consequences for the world. At least initially. Within the realm of the gods, their defeat at the hands of the Regime had terrible consequences. All mighty Zeus authority was undermined by loosing to the mortal Superman. Rebellions sprouted in many factions. Titans were unleashed and challenged the gods. Ancient monsters that were kept prisoner, released. The Ancient world shook with the tremors of war. Just. As. He. Planned. Ares was delighted with the chaos unleashed. But lets look back in time, to those days that were as cruel but simpler. In those days lived an innocent nereid, whose beauty threatened that of the gods. He was pursued by several suitors, and that made the resentful Aphrodite jealous. She sent the evil sorceress Circe to take away her beauty. And the sorceress did so by brewing a dreadful potion with one of Aphrodite's hair. She mixed the potion in Syclla's pool, and when the nereid swam in it, she was transformed in a hideous monster! Her head morphed to that of a terrible reptile, her neck elongated and turned she grew two extra heads full of teeth! Her body turned into a mass of tentacles. In despair and sorrow, she fled from her pond to the deeps of the sea. There she grew large and resentful of the gods. However, Father Poseidon took pity on her and gave her a purpose. She would flood the islands of the humans, and steal land from Zeus for him alongside another monster, Charybdis. Charybdis was a beautiful and powerful Atlantean witch. Scylla was happy to be respected by her father and be of use to the inhabitants of the seas. However Zeus wasn't going to stand idle and let her and Charybdis turn his people into water. He singlehandedly defeated them and turned Charybdis into an even more hideous monster, and chained both in the strait of Sicily.
Scylla waited and waited for Father Poseidon to come to rescue them, but he never came. But Scylla never forgot. She was supposed to devour humans from ships, but instead stole cattle and the occasional sailor. She would pretend to devour them, but instead kidnapped them so they could tell her about the world, both of the surface and of Atlantis, as some of her victims were atlanteans, and after that she released them.
Ages passed in a blink, and more than once Scylla was at the edge of loosing her sanity, as her companion did centuries ago. Had she not kept up her tradition of snatching sailors instead of eating them, she would have succumbed to that same senseless state. Every time the water sink towards Charybdis, she couldn't help to sigh sadly.
Now lets zoom in back to our current time. Ares has led the realm of the gods to utter chaos, and gods and titans do war against each other in an apocalyptic free for all. It was in this battle that Poseido remembered his children trapped by Zeus. Having his elder brother lost face after the battle with Superman, Poseidon thought he could use Scylla and Charybdis for his own machinations once more. When he came to Scylla and freed her from her bound, she lashed out at him and escaped. Charybdis on the other hand was already little more than a beast, and Poseidon tamed her with ease. Little attention did he pay to Scylla, as she swam away into the world of the humans. As she drew away from the realm of the gods, the effect of Circe-s potion grew weaker, and soon Scylla found herself almost in her old self! She was quite delighted by this of course, and promptly forgot about vengeance, justice and the problems that plagued the world of men. There were enough oddities around by that time that a blue skinned rather attractive nereid didn't really seem all that weird. A couple of years in her newfound life went really fast, and she began to see in full effect what she had considered a salvation, that is, Superman-s Regime. It was oddly and disturbingly similar to the iron fist Zeus kept on her world. And much like in her world, there were heroes and villains on the human world. Perhaps, perhaps she could do something about this, something to help the people of this world, the innocents like she was, like Charybdis was. She could stood by like Poseidon did and see them suffering, but that would make her as bad as he is. No, something needed to be done. The ruthless violence was going to be stopped, if it meant turning back into the creature that terrorized the hearts of sailors once more, she would do it. And then she wouldnt stop there. Charybdis could be saved, her world could be saved from Ares machinations!

Name: Scylla the Nereid Height 1,65 mts / 35 mts
Weight 50 kg / roughly 21 tons
Hair: Wateryblue Feature Nereid
Eyes: Green Age: Thousands

Complications
Justice... Sorta: Scylla has a very narrow vision of justice, more appropriate of another age, another time. That vision might make her clash with more modern visions of justice.
Charybdis : Charybdis is dear to Scylla, although she is not sane anymore, Scylla hopes to be able to return her to who she was.
Poseidon: Scylla is resentful t her father for betraying her and left her and Charybdis forgotten.
Zeus: Zeus might have lost face but he is still incredibly powerful among the gods. The heresy of escaping from her punishment would not pass inadvertently to him.
Regime: Scylla is seeing the parallelism between the Regime and Zeus' rule. She strongly hates both, but so far aside from minor battles against them she hasn't figure out exactly how to fight them. But they know she is an enemy of the system now.

Abilities ( 48 pp)
Strength 4 , Stamina 4 , Agility 2 , Dexterity 0 , Fighting 8 , Intellect 0 , Awareness 2 , Precence 4 .

Powers ( 55 pp)
- Scylla the Monster ( Alternate form : Activation: One standard action. -2pp ) · 46 point/s
- Terrorizing roar ( Affliction 10 : Vulnerable & Impaired, Defenseless & Stunned. Extra condition, limited degree. Perception area (hearing). Resisted by Will ) · 20 point/s
- Charybdis´ Legacy ( AP: Transform 5 : Organic into water (3/r). Increased mass 5. Affects 800 lb ) · 1 point/s
- Lashing out ( Elongation 4 : 360 feet in +2 size rank from growth. +4 grab attacks ) · 4 point/s
- Three heads and five Tentacles ( Extra Limbs 5 : Fast grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold ) · 7 point/s
- Monstrous size ( Growth 8 : +8STR, +8STA, +4 Intimidate, -8 Stealth, -4 active defenses, size rank 0 (30 ft tall). Permanent. ) · 16 point/s

-Nereid biology ( Immunity 2: Age and Drowning ) · 2 point/s
-Eyes of the deep ( Senses 2 Darkvision ) · 2 point/s
-Child of the Sea ( Swimming 5) · 5 point/s

Advantages ( 16 pp)
Attractive 2 , Diehard 1 , Evasion 2 , Favoured environment (Water) 1 , Improved aim 1 , Inspire 4 , Luck 4 , Power attack 1.

Skills ( 11 pp)

Acrobatics 0 (+ 2 ), Deception 4 (+ 8 ), Athletics 0 (+ 4 ), Expertise () 0 (+ 0 ), Insight 4 (+ 6 ), Treatment 0 (+ 0 ), Persuasion 6 (+ 10 ), Technology 0 (+ 0 ), Close 0 (+ 8 ), Ranged 0 (+ 0 ), Vehicles 0 (+ 2 ), Sleight of Hand 0 (+ 0 ), Perception 4 (+ 6 ), Intimidation 0 (+ 4 ), Investigation 0 (+ 0 ), Stealth 4 (+ 6 ).

Offence
Initiative: 2
Dreadful bite (unnarmed) + 8 Attack for DC: 27
Tentacle entanglement (Grab) + 10 Attack for DC: 20
Terrorizing Roar (Affliction) + Burst area Attack for DC: 20
Charybdis´ Legacy (transform) + 8 Attack for DC: 15

Defence (Nereid form/Monster form) ( 20 pp)
Parry: Rank ( 4 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 12/8
Dodge: Rank ( 10 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 12/8
Toughness: 0 Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 4/12
Fortitude: Rank ( 0 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 4 /12
Will: Rank ( 6 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 8
Last edited by Camus on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ