Tale of the Six Warriors

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by MacynSnow »

Akihito
Hero Point-1 Condition - On Alert

Feeling one's own body move of it's own accord was a slightly uncomfortable sensation for him,as he landed nearest Soyokaze-ojiisan.Immediately re-nocking his Netto Arrow,Akihito started trying to hear for movement nearby as he said to the healer
"Please move quickly sofu,as we don't have much time...."
OOC: I hope my Stealth roll still stands,but just in case i'll use The Danger Sense option on my "Wolf Ear's" to make sure we know when they're coming....
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

YAHATA
HP: 1

"I shall whisk us away after. And in return you two shall owe me a single favor each."

As soon as Soyokaze was done objecting to the request, Yahata spoke up, "Sure!" He saw it less as owing a favor and more as a challenge. After all, what request could a mortal, even one like Hama, ask of him that he could not complete? The former god reached up and grabbed Jingu, who was perfectly still as Yahata placed the bird in a pocket on his person. "I'll try not to land on you."

After being flung towards the temple, Yahata lands on the ground with less grace than any of his teammates, skipping like a stone across water a few times before slowing himself by getting low and digging his hand into the earth.
OOC: If it's Investigation to find any possible survivors in or around (what's left of) the temple, I'll have to defer to Soyokaze.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Soyokaze's breath exploded from him as the water magic took them with the force of a rushing river. He takes only a moment to reorient himself before turning to the ruins. "A few moments, I understand." he agrees, happy at least to try.

"Hama-san, any sense of bodies nearby?" he asks while starting to search the wreckage.
Investigation: 1D20+10 = [18]+10 = 28
Well, good to get these good rolls out of the way now before combat starts. I risk threatening competence otherwise.
"Something pithy this way comes."
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kuroi Kiri
Hp: 1
Cnd: Mist on the Wind

Kuro adapted easily to the sudden and violent movement that flung them each to their destinations. He had to admire the human's chi, although she could maybe do to learn some finer control in it's use.

As the others turned their focus inwards to search for survivors in the temple, Kuro turned his own focus outward to keep an eye out for their approaching enemies.
Perception: 1D20+7 = [14]+7 = 21 to keep watch by the temple, mostly just because Kuro doesn't have Insight to look for survivors so might as well do something.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Camus

To the temple

Post by Camus »

Yahata can recall many similar situations in which a side had a winning advantage and advanced almost triumphant over the confused and defeated. In none of these battles he recalled the cavalry sent in rushing. It made sense to the demigod after all, why tire the horses and risk an ambush to the valuable raiders if time is not at the essence? Imagawa might be a lot of things but a fool he is not. He would play carefully to sweep a complete victory. That meant time for Yahata and his companions.
As the young looking god of war pondered all that, his companions deliberated and thanks to Hama's control over water, were fling in the direction of the temple. Akihito and Soyokaze reach the fiery entrance garden, which is smashed with rocks and flaming derbies from the upper stories that have collapsed on it. Yahata comes later, tumbling a bit after Hamas push. Akihito is able to see one of the small quickly erected archer towers is still intact. He could see the enemy from there or perhaps even get a few shots at them.
The keen sight of Soyokaze catches a glimpse of an orange clad man rushing past the apparently still intact lower level of the temple, perhaps one of the monks.
Meanwhile, outside, Dai Jin steels herself with Kuro at her side. As far as they can tell there doesn't seem to be any approaching enemy. Yet.

OOC> So far there seems to be no one approaching the group in this round. Soyokaze is able to see someone moving inside the temple. However to get there (and possibly take the survivors out) he and the others would need to find a way to clear the flames of the entrance.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Hama
HP 1, LP 4 : Normal, Fatigued
~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

Hama strode towards the entrance to the temple, swatting away a tendril of smoke to look deeper into the shimmering haze filling the temple.

"Hama-san, any sense of bodies nearby?" "None right now," she replied, "the water is too busy leaving this place to speak clearly. Heading deeper in might help, the water there would be trapped."

"Well," she turned back to speak to the others "it's too dry and too hot for me to snuff this fire. I might clear a path in, but it would fill on the way out."

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~
OOC: Assuming the perception check turned up nothing.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Akihito
Hero Points- 1 Condition -Normal

Silently cursing the flames all around them,the Archer places his bow&arrow back and start's moving as much debris as he can while saying to Soyokaze
"Did you find anyone yet,ojiisan?We'll Have to leave shortly,regardless...."
i'm gonna make a quick perception check for survivor's as well,just to see what i get...
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=206880: 15+5=20 wow,a dirty 20! Akihito's earning his keep....:D
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Soyokaze

"Mouth less. Eyes more." he says casting about.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:55 am Soyokaze

"Mouth less. Eyes more." he says casting about.
Akihito

"Yes, Sofu...." the Archer replies automatically as he continues to search.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kuroi Kiri
Cnd: Death stalks the battlefield

Kuro was more then happy to let Dai Jin be the center of attention while he himself skulked in the shadows.

"Tell me swordswoman, does your blade thirst for blood?"
Last edited by McGuffin on Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[Yup, totally just missed it.]
The keen sight of Soyokaze catches a glimpse of an orange clad man rushing past the apparently still intact lower level of the temple, perhaps one of the monks.
The old man squints.... "There, he points excitedly. A monk I think, running in to the temple lower levels. Come." He pulls his own garments in close as he starts hurrying to where the man went.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:18 am [Yup, totally just missed it.]
The old man squints.... "There, he points excitedly. A monk I think, running in to the temple lower levels. Come." He pulls his own garments in close as he starts hurrying to where the man went.
Akihito
Hero Points -0 Condition -Running into a burning temple like an idiot...

"Sofu,wait a.....minute." quickly snatching one of his arrows,akihito ties a large amount of rope onto it,then ties the other end around himself.Tossing the arrow to Hama,he says
"Hama,see if you can't cover the rope with as much water as you can.Pull it from the ground itself if you have to,i'm going after Sofu.When i yank on this rope,pull us back with all force you have...."
OCC: OK,i'm gonna spend my hero point to Power Stunt an AE for the arrows,then i'm following right after Soyokaze....
AE:"Rõpu" Arrow-head= Movement 1(Swinging) [2]
Flynnarrel

Re: To the temple

Post by Flynnarrel »

Camus wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:14 pm Soyokaze is able to see someone moving inside the temple. However to get there (and possibly take the survivors out) he and the others would need to find a way to clear the flames of the entrance.
The Archer needn't bother to come up with something fancy. The fires at the temple's entrance stemmed the old man's movements.

He pondered the dilemma. His hiketsu of alchemy could affect a fist-sized stone in weight for every animal of the zodiac - 12, the Mystic number. It could change 12-stone of water to a much more compact 12-stone of iron. It took up much less physical space that way; it 'collapsed' in on itself. But his Wuxing wasn't limited to just the Elements. The domain of the Wind God had long since been opened to him. He knew that without Fujin's touch, fire would not burn. He wondered if this would work. Reaching into a pocket he withdrew a light, grey powder that was not altogether in (or even of) this Realm. He flung it into the air above the flames and concentrated on changing 12-stone-weight of air into 12 stone-weight of sand.
AE: Wuxing; Transform (Anything to Anything) 4, Continuous, innate, Precise, Activation - Move {12 lbs.}
He's turning 12-pounds of air (which should cover a large volume, into sand. The absence of air should douse the flames and the sand that drops over the area should further tamp any smouldering. That's Soyokaze's thought any way.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Dai Jin
HP: 1

McGuffin wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:49 am "Tell me swordswoman, does your blade thirst for blood?"
"We do not desire carnage as you do, spirit. Yet I will not stand idly by while my companions risk their lives to save people from the fire, to let the tides of our foe dash them against the rocks. No, we do not thirst for blood. But we will gladly take it in the defense of those that need me." The woman speaks, her focus solely upon the horseman who would no doubt eventually lead the charge to destroy what remains of their forces. She knew that a smart man would wait, not exert himself or his men in a battle they'd already won. Tonight's events have proven though, that there's little she should expect when it came to that dishonorable man.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kuroi Kiri
Cnd: Death stalks the battlefield

"There is wisdom in knowing ones true nature and clarity in acting upon it."

Kuro glances towards the temple where the old fool had dragged the rest of their party.

"Although the natures of some may sometimes be inscrutable to the rest of us."