New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
McGuffin

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #26 - The Persistence of Memory (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
HP: 4
Cnd: Stunned

As Martin began to administer the sedative gas to the crowd, Otso felt his own body grow heavy.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Flynnarrel

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #28: The Garden of Earthly Delights (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Otso feels the Daze lift with the sharp ammonia scent that assaults him next.

BTW: Moulad should have no conditions given Martin's last Heal and Ursa's release.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Gilliam

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #28: The Garden of Earthly Delights (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 1
Condition: Normal

"What the f.." was all Tamati could manage inhaling some of the gas.

Before he knew it he had turned back to his human form with his limbs feeling like they were made out of stone.

"Oh this isn't good "
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 4 (-1 for re-roll)
Jack had Robyn’s scent, but it was moving. She had been here, but she had left—traveling through the walls, if he wasn’t mistaken…

Could she do that?
Another hint that Robyn wasn't everything she appeared to be as far as Jack cared. That made finding her now all the more important Jack thought as he focused his attention on her scent, ignoring the near riot going on behind him as he moved to follow Robyn's trail. Jack trusted the others to handle it better than he could hope to; between Martin and Dennis' powers and their ability to use them creatively, Jack doubted it would take very long for things to be sorted out while he sought out the person responsible.

OOC wrote:Notice Check: _: 1D20+8 = [9]+8 = 17....hhhmmmm I don't think that'll be good enough. So spend an HP to re-roll that.

Re-rolled Notice Check: _: 1D20+8 = [17]+8 = 25, much better.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Tamati is yanked back from sleepy thoughts by a sharp smell of ammonia.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear

Not being in any actual danger, Violet felt comfortable answering the text. She sent back Jakob's number along with wt 4?
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
Condition: Normal

The smell of ammonia jerked Tamati back to his senses, it looked like whatever Martin had done had worked on most of the infected students.
OOC wrote: I am assuming that Tamati will still have to wait for his turn before he can use a free action to turn back into his watery form.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

NVAE, CAFETERIA (Dennis, Jack, Martin, Otso, Tamati, Violet; NPCs: Benedikt, Derryl-731, Doug, Herta, J.R., Kas, Kelly, Kira, Larrikin, Lexus, Mickie, Newton, Nicole, Rebecca, Rose)
The Order, Round Two
  • Herta (49): Dazed (Martin, R2)
  • Martin (27)
  • Jack (24)
  • Larrikin (23): Entangled (-2 Atk/Def, -4 Dex, half speed), Sleep
  • Mickie (20): Bound, Helpless
  • Nicole (20): Entangled (-2 Atk/Def, -4 Dex, half speed), Sleep
  • Benedikt (19): Bruised, Entangled (-2 Atk/Def, -4 Dex, half speed), Sleeping, Staggered, Stunned
  • Kas (18): Entangled (-2 Atk/Def, -4 Dex, half speed), Stunned (Martin, R2)
  • Violet (17)
  • Heidi (17): Entangled (-2 Atk/Def, -4 Dex, half speed), Stunned (Martin, R2)
  • Rebecca (17): Bound, Helpless, Stunned (Martin, R2)
  • J.R. (16)
  • Mouloud (14): Bruised, Stunned (R1), Staggered, Suffocating (R1)
  • Otso (11)
  • Vlad (11): Bruised x2, Staggered, Stunned (Dennis, R1), Unconscious (R1)
  • Doug (11): Bound, Bruised x2, Helpless, Staggered, Unconscious (R1)
  • Dennis (9)
  • Tamati (6)
  • Kelly (6): Dazed
  • Rose (5)
  • Derryl (4): Nauseated (single move action, R1), Stunned (Martin, R2)
  • Lexus (3): Bound, Helpless
  • Kira (3): Bound, Helpless, Sleep
Let’s skip down to Violet. Most everyone is either asleep, bound, or helpless. Mickie could potentially break out as a free action, but I’m on my phone and I’d rather not roll anything and I’ve kept everyone waiting too damn long, so... Shock can be up. :-p
NVAE, FRONT QUAD (Lex; NPCs: Kirstie)
Long story, Kirstie replied, Tell u l8.

As they walked, she fired off a few more text messages. Finally, she dialed a phone number and held the phone to her face. “Missus Wolf?” she asked. “My name is Kirstie. I know your son. I need to talk to him. Is there a way I could see him?”

Once she had the information, she flagged a taxi for the pair. “Wolf’s awaiting his day in court,” she told her boyfriend. “It’s been months, but he’s bonded out. We’re going to go pay him a visit... See if he can’t tell us where we can find some of his Crux buddies...”

Love Potion Victims
  • Royce Brown > Patrick Brown
  • Rose Caspain > Kelly Walsh
  • Mickie Daniels > Nicole Mucciante
  • Kas Flaegler > Lexus Rauf
  • Derryl Isaacson > Heidi Lancaster
  • Lilian Murphy > Isaac Newton
  • Herta Radikovich > Kira Salo
  • Lexus Rauf > Kas Flaegler
  • Kelly Walsh > Rose Caspian

Recovered Love Potion Victims
  • Doug Droll > Nicole Mucciante
  • Benedikt Jónsson > Kira Salo
  • Larrikin > Heidi Lancaster
  • Nicole Mucciante > Doug Droll
  • Roger Murphy > Stephanie Yavorshak
  • Steven Murphy > Kirstie Arnett
  • Mouloud Poundstone > Rebecca Graves
  • Vlad Radikovich > Rebecca Graves
  • Kira Salo > Benedikt Jónsson
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
Condition: Fatigued

Violet headed over to break up the lip-lock between Kelly and Rose. Idly, she wondered which one of them was going to regret this more and smiled. Life in the school was going to be hilariously awkward for a few days. "All right girls" she snapped a picture while approaching "that's enough. Let's save it for the locker room." When the two predictably ignored her, she pointed at Kelly (probably her least favorite of Roses's friends) and tried to freeze her solid.
Freeze ray attack: 1d20+8 25 Reflex DC17
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 3 CND: Normal

"Wolf? Who's Wolf?" Lex asked at a loss then shook his head, "And he's going to do anything other than swear at us why?"

The fire that usually drove him was gone, and all he wanted to do was just sit down. Getting screamed at by a racist nutjob for nothing wasn't high on his list of things to do.
McGuffin

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #26 - The Persistence of Memory (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
HP: 4 -> 3
Cnd: Reluctant

Otso wrinkled his nose at the waft of ammonia in the air. He looked around at the cafeteria to take stock of the affected students still standing.

Rose was still up, Violet having blasted at Kelly. But restraining the plantcontroller would do little to impede her use of her powers and that was her primary threat.

I really don't like this. He pulled back a furry fist as he approached her and tried to drop her in one go.
Attack: 1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10
Coyote code really doesn't seem to me like me lately.Hp to reroll: 1D20+6 = [14]+6 = 20 because this is getting ridiculous
Dc 25 Toughness check for Rose
Last edited by McGuffin on Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 7->6
COND: Unharmed

The situation left Herta as one of the most problematic, with her super-speed... but she couldn't run from her own mind, as a great white flash began to fill the room - or it did from Herta's perspective anyway.
Perception Damage - Will DC 23
Surge for actions, HP to cancel fatigue, Perception Damage Will DC 23 again.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

NVAE, CAFETERIA (Dennis, Jack, Martin, Otso, Tamati, Violet; NPCs: Benedikt, Derryl-731, Doug, Herta, J.R., Kas, Kelly, Kira, Larrikin, Lexus, Mickie, Newton, Nicole, Rebecca, Rose)
Dennis watched as Violet managed to tag Kelly with a blast of frost. The ginger girl was agile and managed to evade being encased in frost like so many of their classmates.

He watched as Otso slugged Rose with a furry fist. The blow did the job and left the Italian in an unconscious heap on the refectory floor.

He watched as J.R. sprayed his aunt’s legs with caramel. He had the right idea: Herta was the most dangerous one here. She had already figured out a way around Benedekt’s powers with her last stunt; how long would it take her to figure out a way out of those bindings? She needed to go down and she needed to go down now...

Dennis lashed out with the totality of his psychic powers... and an image flashed across his mind: a face, mummified in greying bandages. The mouth was free and open. A long tongue was hanging out, bearing the image of a black rook...
The Order, Round Two
  • Herta (49): Bound, Dazed (Martin, R2), Helpless
  • Martin (27)
  • Jack (24)
  • Larrikin (23): Entangled (-2 Atk/Def, -4 Dex, half speed), Sleep
  • Mickie (20): Bound, Helpless
  • Nicole (20): Entangled (-2 Atk/Def, -4 Dex, half speed), Sleep
  • Benedikt (19): Bruised, Entangled (-2 Atk/Def, -4 Dex, half speed), Sleeping, Staggered, Stunned
  • Kas (18): Entangled (-2 Atk/Def, -4 Dex, half speed), Stunned (Martin, R2)
  • Violet (17)
  • Heidi (17): Entangled (-2 Atk/Def, -4 Dex, half speed), Stunned (Martin, R2)
  • Rebecca (17): Bound, Helpless, Stunned (Martin, R2)
  • J.R. (16)
  • Mouloud (14): Bruised, Stunned (R1), Staggered, Suffocating (R1)
  • Otso (11)
  • Vlad (11): Bruised x2, Staggered, Stunned (Dennis, R1), Unconscious (R1)
  • Doug (11): Bound, Bruised x2, Helpless, Staggered, Unconscious (R1)
  • Dennis (9)
  • Tamati (6)
  • Kelly (6): Dazed
  • Rose (5)
  • Derryl (4): Nauseated (single move action, R1), Stunned (Martin, R2)
  • Lexus (3): Bound, Helpless
  • Kira (3): Bound, Helpless, Sleep
Leannán Sí - Reflex - DC 17: 1d20+6 18 Passed.

Heidi and Rebecca are stunned. Can I just point out that Rebecca is a normal human with no special powers, and she’s holding it together while Vlad is unconscious? I find this to be amusing.

J.R. will try and stop Herta with a snare: Viscosity - Attack: 1d20+8 24 Hits. Tantivy - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+10 13 I did not see that one coming. Herta is bound and helpless.

Mouloud is stunned and in the hall.

Otso is up. That’ll hit Rose. Thorn - Toughness - DC 25: 1d20+2 6 That’ll put Rose down.

Vlad and Doug are unconscious.

Herta’s immunity protects her from Dennis’ attack.

Tamati is up.
NVAE, FRONT QUAD (Lex; NPCs: Kirstie)
“Wolf...” Kirstie sighed as she climbed into the cab. “The ruddy plonker who tried to make off with Fiore’s sister that night at the club? The one with the pills?

“Violet grabbed his arm. Hypothermia or something set in and he ended up losing a hand. He got out of that one, but he was pissed about his hand. He joined up with Crux and jumped some people from the school—your old mate Mike included. Crux’s plan isn’t to kill us but to neuter us. They castrated Mike to keep him from ever having kids and passing his powers on. That’s their plan to eradicate Neo-Sapiens. Martin healed Mike physically, but the experience left some mental scars...

“Anyway, Violet and Rose ended up putting a stop to that bunch. They were arrested and... last I heard? Most are in prison now. Wolf’s underage though, so... circumstances are a bit different. He hasn’t been sentenced yet, so he’s at home.

“We might be able to bargain with him. Martin could restore his hand if he’s willing to help us. Maybe he can name names or tell us how he found them in the first place.

“I know this doesn’t fix things, but baby... This is Crux. These are the people your... These are the people who want to keep us from ever...” She turned red at the thought of having children with Lex. “These are bad people, and right now? I want to hit some bad people. I want to go to some of them and I want to take them down, get them off the streets, and make them talk. I want to keep them from doing this to anyone else.

“How’s that sound?”

The cab came to a stop outside of Wolf’s house.
Love Potion Victims
  • Royce Brown > Patrick Brown
  • Mickie Daniels > Nicole Mucciante
  • Kas Flaegler > Lexus Rauf
  • Derryl Isaacson > Heidi Lancaster
  • Lilian Murphy > Isaac Newton
  • Herta Radikovich > Kira Salo
  • Lexus Rauf > Kas Flaegler
  • Kelly Walsh > Rose Caspian
Recovered Love Potion Victims
  • Rose Caspain > Kelly Walsh
  • Doug Droll > Nicole Mucciante
  • Benedikt Jónsson > Kira Salo
  • Larrikin > Heidi Lancaster
  • Nicole Mucciante > Doug Droll
  • Roger Murphy > Stephanie Yavorshak
  • Steven Murphy > Kirstie Arnett
  • Mouloud Poundstone > Rebecca Graves
  • Vlad Radikovich > Rebecca Graves
  • Kira Salo > Benedikt Jónsson
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 3 CND: Normal

Lex lethargically watched out the window as the Taxi moved.

"Oh. Him," Lex sighs, then grimaces a few moments later, "Violet froze his arm off? "

He idly noted that was one kind of injury he hadn't had to deal with. Yet.
Michuru wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:12 pm “How’s that sound?”
"Honey, I get it, I do. You want to beat up the bad people. Good goal. But the plan isn't great," Lex slumps back in his chair listlessly, "You should take a day, build up a team, get Jack or Martin to track Wolf back to them, catch them in the act and then beat the piss out of them."

"'Cause right now it sounds like we're going to put a bullseye on Martin, beat up a cripple and wind up in jail as the poster children for why neos are evil. 'Cause we're beating up a bigot with no proof he's done nothing or even knows anything. Doesn't matter he deserves it, we're going to look bad for it, ya know?"
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

WOLF’S HOUSE (Lex; NPCs: Kirstie)
“We can’t do that,” Kirstie said. “Wolf is under house arrest, love. Unless Crux is meeting in his basement, he bloody well won’t be leading us anywhere.

“I’m just saying, we tell him that we have a healer. Mention that we could maybe get his hand fixed if he can give us some information.”

“You have a healer?” asked the driver. He flipped open his phone and showed the couple a picture of a boy in a wheelchair. His head was cocked to the side. “My son has been sick his entire life. If your friend can heal him...” The man started to cry. “Please, I’ll do anything.”

Kirstie flashed Lex an apologetic look.