The Merge: Omega Company (OOC - Recruitment Closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (OOC - Recruitment Closed)

Post by kirinke »

Kinda went with it again. ^_^
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

Hey, I don't suppose anyone has the total # of power points everyone's gained since the start of the game on-hand?
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

With this last PP award, it should be 129. At least that's what my character has.

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Waiting to see what's happening with group (it seemed like people on the floor were running up to Lindsey's suite) to see if Rand and Amy should rejoin the others.
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

No worries. Amy will be more than happy to play his back up weapons system if the situation warrants it.

Meet my leetle friends indeed. :twisted:

Battle Init
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

kirinke wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:21 am With this last PP award, it should be 129. At least that's what my character has.
Thanks. So I've got 8 to figure out what to do with.
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

So proposed 129pp PL 6 S & S

Changes

Advantages - added Benefit, Wealth (well-off), Connected, Contacts, improved Sidekick to rank 19

Powers -
Intelligence Minicomp - changed quickness to be general mental tasks, added a machine translation AP
Light Tactical Armor - added a hood with some sense abilities
Moved her pulser into an array with a stunner (pulsers are projectile weapons and so don't have a Star Trek style stun setting, but dedicated stunners do exist in the Honorverse)

Sherlock -
Powers -
Claws - Improved to Damage 4
added 'Strong Mind' AP to Treecat Empathy
add a Universal Translator (it's always bugged me that no one in the written Honorverse has given cats a sign to speech translator device yet, when this is pretty nearly within the abilities of present-day tech)
Lt. Cmdr. Shannon Bradley - PL 6

Strength 0, Stamina 0, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 2, Intellect 4, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Advantages
Assessment, Benefit, Wealth (well-off), Connected, Contacts, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 1, Improved Initiative, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Languages 1, Precise Attack (Ranged, Concealment), Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Quick Draw, Second Chance: Technology, Sidekick 19, Skill Mastery: Investigation, Skill Mastery: Technology, Teamwork, Well-informed

Skills
Close Combat: martial arts 4 (+6), Deception 4 (+7), Expertise: Merged Universe 5 (+9), Insight 7 (+10), Investigation 8 (+12), Perception 8 (+11), Persuasion 5 (+8), Ranged Combat: Honorverse firearms 4 (+6), Sleight of Hand 7 (+9), Technology 11 (+15)

Powers
Firearms
. . Pulser: Damage 6 (Easily Removable, ballistic, DC 21; Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack, Penetrating 6)
. . Stunner: Cumulative Affliction 6 (Easily Removable, 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Paralyzed, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Cumulative, Increased Range: ranged)
Intelligence Minicomp (Easily Removable, Notes: 1 pp (3pp - 2 for Easily Removable))
. . Analytics: Quickness 5 (Perform routine tasks in -5 time ranks; Limited to One Type: Mental Tasks, Notes: 2pp)
. . Machine Translation: Comprehend 1 (Languages - Read All)
Light Tactical Armor (Removable)
. . Anti-ballistic fabric: Protection 6 (+6 Toughness, Notes: 6pp)
. . Nanoweave: Enhanced Trait 11 (Traits: Fortitude +5 (+6), Dodge +3 (+6), Parry +3 (+6), Notes: 11pp)
. . Smart fabric: Feature 1 (Notes: Customizable appearance)
. . Tactical hood: Senses 3 (Darkvision, Extended: Vision 1: x10; Sustained)
Prolong: Immunity 1 (Aging, Notes: 3rd-gen prolong recipients will live to ~300 before dying of old age; 1pp)
Treecat bond: Senses 1 (Communication Link: mental, Notes: with Sherlock; 1pp)

Equipment
Concealable Microphone, Mini-tracer, Toolkit (Basic), Wrist comm 2

Offense
Initiative +6
Grab, +2 (DC Spec 10)
Pulser: Damage 6, +6 (DC 21)
Stunner: Cumulative Affliction 6, +6 (DC Fort 16)
Throw, +2 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 15)

Complications
Motivation: Patriotism: Shannon is an officer in Royal Manticoran Navy's Office of Naval Intelligence, and a native of the planet Manticore. She's strongly motivated to help what's crossed over of the Star Empire surive in this strange merged universe.
Prejudice: Orangazitons that remind Shannon of the old People's Republic of Haven, the Solarian League, and/or the Mesan Alignment are deeply distrusted by her. She knows that individuals are not organizations, but this can give her problems.
Prejudice: As a third-generation prolong recipient in her late 40s, she looks like she's in her early 20s to humans who don't have prolong or something similar.
Relationship: Shannon is bonded to Sherlock, and will take extraordianry risks to protect him.

Languages
Manticoran English, Treecat Sign Language (ASL-based)

Defense
Dodge 6/3, Parry 6/3, Fortitude 6/1, Toughness 6, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 32 + Powers 36 + Advantages 37 + Skills 21 (63 ranks) + Defenses 6 = 132 (HeroLab doesn't know about the 1 point of Presence = 1 social advantage house rule)

Background: Shannon Bradley was born on Manticore during the long build-up to the first Manticore-Haven war. She was assigned to the Office of Naval Intelligence upon graduating from the Manticoran Naval Academy on Saganami Island, and has served for 26 years as a technical analyst.

She is one of the few RMN officers bonded to a treecat; she acquired Sherlock (or Looks Under Leaves to other treecats) during a ski trip to Sphinx early in her career.

Over the course of the Manticore-Haven wars, she lost many of her friends in the fighting, which has made her less than completely accepting of the recent peace, even knowing as much as anyone on Manticore about what led to the second war.

When the Merge interrupted Prince Roger's wedding, the (somewhat reduced) Star Empire of Manticore sent a delegation to Earth Prime to learn more about the universe they found themselves in. Shannon was assigned as a liaison officer to the DEO.
Sherlock - PL 6

Strength 0, Stamina 2, Agility 6, Dexterity 6, Fighting 5, Intellect 3, Awareness 5, Presence 0

Advantages
Defensive Roll 3, Fast Grab, Grabbing Finesse, Improved Critical: claws, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Languages 1, Move-by Action, Tracking, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Close Combat: claws 1 (+6), Insight 6 (+11), Perception 6 (+11), Stealth 2 (+9)

Powers
Arboreal: Movement 1 (Wall-crawling 1: -1 speed rank; Limited: Cannot climb ceilings or perfectly sooth surfaces, Notes: 1pp)
Claws: Damage 4 (DC 19, Notes: 2pp)
Teecat bond: Senses 1 (Communication Link: mental, Notes: with Shannon; 1pp)
Tough hide: Protection 1 (+1 Toughness, Notes: 1pp)
Treecat empathy: Mind Reading 6 (DC 16; Limited to Emotions, Notes: 6pp)
. . Strong Mind: Enhanced Trait 6 (Alternate; Traits: Will +5 (+11), Advantages: Second Chance: Psychic attacks; Affects Others Only)
Treecat size: Shrinking 1 (+1 Stealth; Innate; Permanent, Notes: 3pp)
Treecat telepathy: Feature 1 (Notes: Treecats are full telepaths with other treecats, and possibly other telepaths; 1pp)
Universal Translator (Removable)
. . Comprehend 2 (Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All; Broad Type: human)

Offense
Initiative +10
Claws: Damage 4, +6 (DC 19)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 16)
Throw, +6 (DC 15)
Treecat empathy: Mind Reading 6 (DC Will 16)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 15)

Complications
Prejudice: Because Sphinxian treecats look like large, six-legged cats and can't speak human languages, humans from outside the Manticore binary system often don't realize they're fully sentient, tool-using creatures
Relationship: Sherlock is bonded to Shannon, and will take extraordianry risks to protect her.

Languages
Manticoran English (read, write, & understand only), Treecat Sign (ASL)

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 5, Fortitude 5, Toughness 6/3, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 54 + Powers 20 + Advantages 12 + Skills 5 (15 ranks) + Defenses 4 = 95

Background: Even by treecat standards, Looks Under Leaves was an incredibly curious 'cat. He is considerably younger than his clanmate Laughs Brightly (aka Honor Harrington's Nimitz). His bondmate's interest in detective stories may have been what led her to name him Sherlock, but it seems to have been well deserved; he's been invaluable in much of her work.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

I don't think I advanced Lindsey since we started...how many PP did we get in total since the beginning?
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

I believe 9 points so far. Amy started out with 120, she's now at 129. So 129-120 = 9. :)

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Damn...any ideas what to give him? Kinda stumped...
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:43 pm Damn...any ideas what to give him? Kinda stumped...
He could have the swords he creates be magic swords.

you'd model it as

Damage, Quirk-requires bladed implement, <insert other cool extras>
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Such as: +6 bane against emo douchebag vampires? :twisted:

Seriously though, Neo, I sent you an email with some ideas on how to tweak Lindsey. Hope you can use it for inspiration. :D

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

So, things are sorta calming down. Still blinking and missing days, but getting there. No longer at the point that I don’t want to sit in front of a video computer at the nd of the day.

Yes, kirinke is accurate with awards.

I approve of the changes to Shannon - thanks for listing them separately for ease of review.

For Lindsey, I like the idea of making his swords magical in nature. Despite being a Buffy fan back in the day I never really followed Angel so don’t know the character well enough.

Kar’Anna - at his point if you drop a rank of Improved Iniative, I think you balance out.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

You shouldn't ask me. I hate Angel. Spike is a much better character overall. At least in my opinion.

Battle Init
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Allooo?!

Battle Init