World of Freedom 3.2 Setting Detail

Have a setting you like or a home brew you want to share? Do it here.
Davies

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 Setting Detail

Post by Davies »

MacynSnow wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:35 pm How about a team of teen heroes ala Gatchaman(Battle Of The Planets over here)? Or maybe even Kinnikuman(Ultimate Muscle over here)......
Both are now on the agenda.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Hmm... I think it would be interesting to have the sort of Lucky Hero (such as Justy Ueki Tylor) who is on everyone's radar for having some sort of luck power, but coming up completely negative on any sort of powers and governments being hesitant to explore much further because they know inquiring too close seems to result in massive expense from equipment breaking down coincidentally, etc, especially since I know that you have the chops to make that sort of character have sufficient pathos.

That is, assuming I didn't already miss your tribute to him.
Davies

Post by Davies »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:58 pm Hmm... I think it would be interesting to have the sort of Lucky Hero (such as Justy Ueki Tylor) who is on everyone's radar for having some sort of luck power, but coming up completely negative on any sort of powers and governments being hesitant to explore much further because they know inquiring too close seems to result in massive expense from equipment breaking down coincidentally, etc, especially since I know that you have the chops to make that sort of character have sufficient pathos.

That is, assuming I didn't already miss your tribute to him.
Ooh, that's interesting. I'll look into it.
Voltron64

Re: Help Me To Entertain You

Post by Voltron64 »

Davies wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:28 am So here's the deal. The Freedomverse is kind of lacking in anime and manga influence, which is odd given that it had a character whose high concept was 'anime and manga influence as a supervillain'. (Or maybe not so odd, I suppose, but let's move on.) There was an opportunity to redress this in the East Asia atlas entry but ... well, it was passed up. So I'm going to try and redress it myself, and already have done so.

But what sort of manga and anime influenced characters would you the reader like to see represented in my thread? I am throwing this thread open to suggestions on that front. Suggest the series or even the specific characters you'd like to see Captain Ersatz versions of, and I'll see what I can do to come up with a character or characters like that.

Now, you know that there are going to be a few conditions on that invitation, right?

* No hentai. Goes without saying.
Of course, and between you and me, this is the far more likely result of any such antagonists from such.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZTwuDi49uA

:twisted:
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Davies wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:28 am * No magical girls. Already got them!
Okay, breaking the rules already but to be fair Card Captor Sakura could be a fun combo for a more magical approach and a pokemon/digimon style character.
And in my defense it was the best rule to break out of the lot ;~)

Hrmm... most of what I watched in Anime is either stuff I've completely forgotten, or doesn't really fit well (Alas poor Kobiyashi's Dragon maid).
As much as I enjoyed Full Metal Panic I imagine there are enough paramilitary groups running around.

Could have some fun with a Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex style group of low street level cops.
Or the Cowboy Bebop concept of bounty hunters hunting down jobber villains.

I suppose there is also room for some kind of Yokai hero/villain too ala Inuyasha or Ushio and Tora...

I kind of thought I'd have more ideas after thinking on it this long but apparently I got nothing ;~)
Davies

Post by Davies »

Arkrite wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:28 am
Hrmm... most of what I watched in Anime is either stuff I've completely forgotten, or doesn't really fit well (Alas poor Kobiyashi's Dragon maid).
... I freaking love Kobayashi's Dragon Maid! It's in!
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Davies wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:31 am ... I freaking love Kobayashi's Dragon Maid! It's in!
I am of the opinion that Kanna is weapons grade adorable.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Okay, it's been a bit more than six months since I first posted the new timeline, and we have yet to see any information about the Preserver Stones and Collapsar, so I've decided that I'm just going to say "they won, and nobody died". I'm going to be advancing the timeline from November 2015 to June 2016 over the next week or so.
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

Davies wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 5:30 am Okay, it's been a bit more than six months since I first posted the new timeline, and we have yet to see any information about the Preserver Stones and Collapsar, so I've decided that I'm just going to say "they won, and nobody died". I'm going to be advancing the timeline from November 2015 to June 2016 over the next week or so.
Cool, how'd you plan on describing Collapsar's end?

I like to think the very final parts of that epic conflict were quite...mind-screwy.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Voltron64 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 2:16 pm
Cool, how'd you plan on describing Collapsar's end?

I like to think the very final parts of that epic conflict were quite...mind-screwy.
I'm sure that whatever you're imagining is more mind-screwy than anything I could come up with. Suffice it to say that (a) nobody who went in is talking about the exact details of what's happening, (b) there have been changes to all three teams that were involved, and (c) I'm going to be focusing on those.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Davies wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 5:30 am Okay, it's been a bit more than six months since I first posted the new timeline, and we have yet to see any information about the Preserver Stones and Collapsar, so I've decided that I'm just going to say "they won, and nobody died". I'm going to be advancing the timeline from November 2015 to June 2016 over the next week or so.
Yeah. It's a shame they never actually released that adventure line, or even gave an overview of how it was supposed to go canonically.
Davies

Timeline Update Part One

Post by Davies »

2015 (Cont'd)
December: The Raven makes a devil's bargain with the Capoyabun, brokered by Johnny Janosz, to combine their forces against the threat of Dracula. They are able to prevent the king vampire from seizing control of the United Nations, but fail to stop him from dominating certain UNISON agents and fleeing with them to Kaiju Island. The Raven and his heroic allies pursue him there. On Christmas Day, a great battle is fought on the island, and Dracula is believed destroyed ... but this is hardly the first time that has happened.

January: The Freedom League team dispatched in pursuit of the Preserver Stones finally return to Earth, with the exception of Daedelus, officially stated to be busy with other matters elsewhere in the galaxy. Johnny Rocket is appointed the new leader of the team, and it is announced that Victor, formerly of Emerald City's Sentinels, will be joining the Freedom League. At the same time, the Sentinels announce that the Rook has amicably left their team as well.
February: The White Rooks (Alice, Janus, Mister Matthews, and Kreuzritter), in preparation for their intended conflict with the Old Guard, work with Kreuzritter's house guest Sophia Kellerman to kidnap Toxic's child. This works out about as well as you'd expect. Kellerman is arrested and the assembled villains barely escape the overwhelming force of the combined Project Freedom teams, past and present.
Arkrite

Re: Timeline Update Part One

Post by Arkrite »

Davies wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 5:52 pm This works out about as well as you'd expect. Kellerman is arrested and the assembled villains barely escape the overwhelming force of the combined Project Freedom teams, past and present.
:lol:

I can only imagine how quickly the White Rooks went from "We can handle anything that comes at us" to "Nope!" and bailing out the back door. ;~)
Davies

Re: Timeline Update Part One

Post by Davies »

Arkrite wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 2:25 am
Davies wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 5:52 pm This works out about as well as you'd expect. Kellerman is arrested and the assembled villains barely escape the overwhelming force of the combined Project Freedom teams, past and present.
:lol:

I can only imagine how quickly the White Rooks went from "We can handle anything that comes at us" to "Nope!" and bailing out the back door. ;~)
Not quickly enough to avoid a great deal of pain and humiliation. Of course, they probably should have seen it coming when a certain married pair of supervillains sent the offered retainer back unopened. You wouldn't think Thunder and Lightning would be that smart, and yet ...
Davies

Timeline Update Part Two

Post by Davies »

2016 (Cont'd)
March: Swan finally meets Charlie Graham, and after some considerable confusion and an impromptu eating contest, they become friends. Later, after receiving a Presidential pardon in consideration of her years of work alongside AEGIS, Rachel Baldwin announces her retirement as Toxic. (She promptly messes up by trying to apologize for voting for the other guy. Both times.) Frederic Zane politely declines the position of technical director for Project Freedom when it is offered to him again, but recommends his associate Dr. Paul Fujitani, who gratefully accepts.
April: Emerald City's resident magical girl, Herald Phineus, is publicly confronted by a trio of heretofore unknown magical girls, who demand her assistance in some matter. The brawl that ensues draws in a number of the Sentinels, who are soundly beaten by the Japanese heroes, who depart with Herald Phineus in tow.
May: Rumors in the occult underground claim that Dracula, accompanied by several of his allies, has resurfaced in Denver, Colorado. However, no clear picture of his activities will emerge for quite some time.