[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [3E] Toys Will Be Toys (Recruiting through June 6)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

MacynSnow wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 3:03 am
Toast Burglar wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 12:44 am
Nunya B wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:31 pm Heh. Law soot.
Brb I just died. XD
That was so brilliantly bad,it was gorgeous ! Boo,good sir,boo i say! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:roll: *Slow clap*
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

I imagine as a lawyer burst would make some seriously heated arguments that would set the court on fire, and blaze new precedents in the law. :lol:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
FuzzyBoots

Re: [3E] Toys Will Be Toys (Recruiting)

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Toast Burglar wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 7:55 am Alias: Merryweather
Powers
Staff of Tlaloc - 24 Point Removable Dynamic Array, with 4 Dynamic AEs - 27 Points

Wrath of Tlaloc: Environment 8 (1/2 mile, Cold, Impede Movement, Reduce Visibility) - 24 Points
AE: Rain God's Tempest: Ranged Burst Area Damage 8, Dynamic - 2 Points
AE: Tempest Alternative: Ranged Burst Area Move Object 8, Dynamic - 2 Points
AE: Tlaloc's Lightning: Ranged Damage 8, Accurate 2, Indirect 3 (Any Point, Downward), Insidious, Dynamic - 2 Points
AE: Crackling Thunder: Burst Area Cumulative Affliction 8 (Fortitude vs Visual and Auditory Impaired, Visual and Auditory Disabled, Visual and Auditory Unaware), Dynamic - 2 Points
I may be misunderstanding what you're going for, but is the Environment power also dynamic? Otherwise, it's usually a bit odd to make attacks dynamic, because you can so seldom actually use them at the same time.
Toast Burglar wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 7:55 amRain God's Mercy: Immunity 10 (Weather Effects), Removable - 8 Points

Rain God's Grace: Enhanced Presence 3; Enhanced Defenses 10 (Dodge and Parry 5), All Removable - 13 Points
Are these part of the staff or their own artifacts? I suspect the first, but you listed them separately.
Toast Burglar wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 7:55 amAdvantages
Defensive Roll 4, Extraordinary Effort, Hide in Plain Sight, Set Up, Teamwork
While useful Advantages, I'm a bit surprised as Set Up and Teamwork given he seems to be set up as more of a lone wolf in his prior life.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Corrigon wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 12:46 pm Burst
Honestly, I don't really have anything to comment on other than to note that you should label his Fire Punch as Strength-Based Damage. Seems solid.
Camus

Post by Camus »

catsi563 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:30 am I imagine as a lawyer burst would make some seriously heated arguments that would set the court on fire, and blaze new precedents in the law. :lol:
"I have the evidence right here!" *bursts in flames destroying the evidence* "Er... the defence rests your honour."
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Made a few small edits to Express.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Toast Burglar

Post by Toast Burglar »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:15 pm
I may be misunderstanding what you're going for, but is the Environment power also dynamic? Otherwise, it's usually a bit odd to make attacks dynamic, because you can so seldom actually use them at the same time.

Are these part of the staff or their own artifacts? I suspect the first, but you listed them separately.

While useful Advantages, I'm a bit surprised as Set Up and Teamwork given he seems to be set up as more of a lone wolf in his prior life.
The entire staff array is dynamic, including Environment, yes. This is mostly to create and sustain a storm while using my weather spells. While not strictly mandatory, I find that the flavor is ideal.

The Mercy and the Grace are part of the staff as well, apologies for the confusion.

Thinking about it as you mention it, I do have to agree with the Teamwork/Set Up combo being uncharacteristic. Perhaps Takedown and Redirect would make suitable replacements, albeit I would then feel compelled to move points around to grant him a glimmer of Bartetsu. I'll see what I can manage on that front, if nothing else I'll just have to resist my urge.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Toast Burglar wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:14 am
FuzzyBoots wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:15 pm

The entire staff array is dynamic, including Environment, yes. This is mostly to create and sustain a storm while using my weather spells. While not strictly mandatory, I find that the flavor is ideal.

The Mercy and the Grace are part of the staff as well, apologies for the confusion.

Thinking about it as you mention it, I do have to agree with the Teamwork/Set Up combo being uncharacteristic. Perhaps Takedown and Redirect would make suitable replacements, albeit I would then feel compelled to move points around to grant him a glimmer of Bartetsu. I'll see what I can manage on that front, if nothing else I'll just have to resist my urge.
If your going to give him Bartitsu,go check out my take on the style here....
Macyn's Bartitsu
Toast Burglar

Post by Toast Burglar »

MacynSnow wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:35 am If your going to give him Bartitsu,go check out my take on the style here....
Macyn's Bartitsu
This was a very well-done analysis, I must say. I'll definitely take these notes into account as I shuffle points around. Thank you very much.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Toast Burglar wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:19 am
MacynSnow wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:35 am If your going to give him Bartitsu,go check out my take on the style here....
Macyn's Bartitsu
This was a very well-done analysis, I must say. I'll definitely take these notes into account as I shuffle points around. Thank you very much.
No problem.And welcome to the Gym....:D
What type of "Martial Enthusiest" do you see him as, a "Sherlockian(More Intellectual Advantages than Physical)" or a "Vaudian(More combatant than anything)"?....
Toast Burglar

Post by Toast Burglar »

MacynSnow wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:25 am
Toast Burglar wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:19 am
Macyn's Bartitsu
No problem.And welcome to the Gym....:D
What type of "Martial Enthusiest" do you see him as, a "Sherlockian(More Intellectual Advantages than Physical)" or a "Vaudian(More combatant than anything)"?....
As a gentleman thief, he'd have learned Bartitsu to dispatch guards without killing them. So Vaudian, more or less. I certainly would like some mental advantages to tie in a mastermind-esque aesthetic, but the build lends itself to little leeway.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Is there a combat style of "Hit things until they stop hitting you back"? :P
------------
Toast Burglar

Post by Toast Burglar »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:16 am Is there a combat style of "Hit things until they stop hitting you back"? :P
Muay Thai? Most forms of Ninjutsu? MMA? Kajukenbo?

Edit: I've updated Merryweather's sheet to have basic Bartitsu advantages, that would let him fight pragmatically with his cane... or hat. Or pocket watch. Or barstool. Or......
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:16 am Is there a combat style of "Hit things until they stop hitting you back"? :P
All of them... I mean, that's sort of the point. I mean, I guess you could be pedantic and say that archery and firearms training involves "shooting things until they stop hitting you back," but that's still hitting them. They're just further away and your hitting them with something small and swift-moving.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Hahah, good point. What Cindy would really benefit from would be a style that benefits from her small size, or at least allows her to use it well. Baseball bats work for now, though I can't imagine she'll stick with one for her entire career. ....Right?
------------