Soul Containment

A place to discuss game rules, homebrew systems and the like.
Doctor Vile

Soul Containment

Post by Doctor Vile »

Looking to build a character who uses a device that either through force or through voluntary action can hold and contain souls. This characters powers will be either stronger or weaker per the amount of souls store in this device. How would one go about setting this up?
Batgirl III

Re: Soul Containment

Post by Batgirl III »

NPC or PC? Because if this is for a villain, you can get away with a lot via the magic of “hand wave.”

Affliction, inflicting a Transformed Condition, for the “capture a soul” bit. Then take several ranks in whatever other powers you want, with the Uncontrolled Flaw Modifier, specifying “x souls captured per rank.”
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

It depends on how much bookkeeping you and the GM want to do, and how often he'll be short on souls. A Power Loss Complication might be the easiest route with him sometimes being at less than full ability due to running low on souls.
Doctor Vile

Post by Doctor Vile »

Batgirl III wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 12:31 am NPC or PC? Because if this is for a villain, you can get away with a lot via the magic of “hand wave.”

Affliction, inflicting a Transformed Condition, for the “capture a soul” bit. Then take several ranks in whatever other powers you want, with the Uncontrolled Flaw Modifier, specifying “x souls captured per rank.”
It would be a PC.
Doctor Vile

Post by Doctor Vile »

I'm looking to more recreate the seal power from Mecha and Manga 2nd edition M&M I guess.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Doctor Vile wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:03 am I'm looking to more recreate the seal power from Mecha and Manga 2nd edition M&M I guess.
Well, as per that book, the Seal power is an Attack Movement power of the Dimensional sort.
Doctor Vile

Post by Doctor Vile »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:43 am
Doctor Vile wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:03 am I'm looking to more recreate the seal power from Mecha and Manga 2nd edition M&M I guess.
Well, as per that book, the Seal power is an Attack Movement power of the Dimensional sort.
What would be the equivalent to the sustained (lasting) duration? I guess you'd also have to add a custom extra to represent the not being able to dimensionally travel out of the Seal.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

With movement, if the save is failed, they are moved and can't escape unless they have a dimensional movement to free themselves so it already is a lingering effect. Adding custom stuff is really not necessary since short of some kind of powerful being that could stunt their way free, it's not an issue you would have to worry much about.