Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Batgirl III

Re: Jab's Builds! (Wolverine! Silver Samurai! Shingen! Native!)

Post by Batgirl III »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 4:05 pm
Batgirl III wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 4:00 pm Novice director?

He’d directed five feature-length films and one short film before he did Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein. Three of them were Shakespeare adaptations! He’d also been a very successful live theatre director and producer for about a two decades at that point.
Oh,i thought that was his first Actual high Budget Movie?,my bad then..... :oops:
His first film was a made for BBC Twelfth Night, which was modest in budget and scope, but he made Henry V the following year. A mere $9 million USD budget (about $19 million in today’s money), it grossed $10 million at the box office (pretty good for Shakespeare), and Branagh, in his cinematic debut, received Oscar nominations for Best Actor and Best Director. It’s arguably one of the best Shakespeare films ever made (and most of the competition for that title are other Branagh films.)

You’ve probably at least seen this scene.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

My favorite Kaiju movie of all time(despite the occasional over-acting spot) and what got me into Giant Monster movies was Them!.
Followed immediately after by Tarantula(which gave me a fear of Spiders when I watched it)
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

HalloweenJack wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 4:09 pm Now for me if you're going to talk about a definitive role for one of the monsters in The Monster Squad it would, for me, be Duncan Regehr as Dracula. He was just so wickedly badass in that. Took me years to realize he was also Zorro on that old Family Channel tv show.
HOLY IMDB, BATMAN! Halloween Jack is right!

I must have watched the hell out of both of these in the early Nineties. How did I never make that connection?
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Like I said, it took me years. I just IMDB'd Drac there one day to see what else the actor had been in and voila, Zorro.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 4:17 pm My favorite Kaiju movie of all time(despite the occasional over-acting spot) and what got me into Giant Monster movies was Them!.
Followed immediately after by Tarantula(which gave me a fear of Spiders when I watched it)
I really enjoyed both of those as a kid, but I haven't seen either in ages. They just don't show that stuff much on TV anymore....not that I actually have TV now. I'm fine with Netflix, Hulu, and my collection of 1300+ movies.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Gene Wilder & Peter Boyle!
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 4:06 pm There is only one truly definitive cinematic Frankenstein:

Now that brings back some good memories of the old VCR, a two liter bottle of Mountain Dew and a blissful evening of watching these kids take on the iconic monster movie villains. 8-)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Ken wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 5:03 pm Gene Wilder & Peter Boyle!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfoaWHsdTNU

as you wish.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Ken wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 5:03 pm Gene Wilder & Peter Boyle!
That’s Frankensteeen.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

...you're putting me on?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 4:17 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 4:05 pm
Batgirl III wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 4:00 pm Novice director?

He’d directed five feature-length films and one short film before he did Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein. Three of them were Shakespeare adaptations! He’d also been a very successful live theatre director and producer for about a two decades at that point.
Oh,i thought that was his first Actual high Budget Movie?,my bad then..... :oops:
His first film was a made for BBC Twelfth Night, which was modest in budget and scope, but he made Henry V the following year. A mere $9 million USD budget (about $19 million in today’s money), it grossed $10 million at the box office (pretty good for Shakespeare), and Branagh, in his cinematic debut, received Oscar nominations for Best Actor and Best Director. It’s arguably one of the best Shakespeare films ever made (and most of the competition for that title are other Branagh films.)

You’ve probably at least seen this scene.
I know,as i actually own the VHS casette of it.I honestly forgot he Directed Henry V.Weird fact: I used the Crispen's Day speech(complete with an exact replica of Branagh's Costume) to get the lead for my high school's production of Macbeth.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

"LOL, wow- I didn't expect Native to draw TWO WHOLE PAGES of comments while I was asleep!"

*reads pages*

"... ah."

Who would have ever guessed that NATIVE would have proven to be so boring? Certainly not I :).
Jabroniville

Lady Deathstrike

Post by Jabroniville »

Turns out, the secret to making her look cool is to DROP THE 1980S LOOK ENTIRELY.

LADY DEATHSTRIKE (Yuriko Oyama)
Created By:
Dennis O'Neil, Larry Hama, Bill Mantlo, Sal Buscema, Chris Claremont & Barry Windsor-Smith
First Appearance: Daredevil #197 (Aug. 1983- as Yuriko), Alpha Flight #33 (April 1986- as Deathstrike)
Role: Mirror Image Villain
Group Affiliations: The Reavers, The Sisterhood of Mutants
PL 10 (169)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+13)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+14)
Deception 4 (+5)
Expertise (History) 5 (+6)
Expertise (Assassin) 7 (+8)
Insight 5 (+7)
Intimidation 7 (+8)
Investigation 5 (+7)
Perception 6 (+8)
Stealth 5 (+10)
Vehicles 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Benefit (Ambidexterity), Equipment 4 (Guns, Shuriken, etc.), Improved Critical 2 (Claws), Improved Smash, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Close/Concealment), Ranged Attack 8, Startle, Takedown

Powers:
"Cybernetic Augmentation"
Regeneration 8 [8]
"Claws" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Split, Improved Critical) (Extras: Penetrating 8) [13]
"Adamantium Skeleton" Protection 2 [2]
"Datalink" Communication 2 [8]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Claws +12 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +7, Fortitude +7, Will +6

Complications:
Enemy (Wolverine)- Yuriko's father invented Adamantium, and Yuriko hates that Logan has the stuff in him.
Responsibility (Mentally Unstable)- Yuriko is mentally crazed, and often changes from one moment to the next.

Total: Abilities: 70 / Skills: 56--28 / Advantages: 23 / Powers: 34 / Defenses: 14 (169)

-As a claw-guy AND a Regenerating guy, Wolverine ends up with a lot of enemies with sharp implements that actually tend to hit. This is a variation of what usually happens, where people like Persuader (Legion of Super-Heroes) & Mai (Avatar: The Last Airbender) just end up missing one whole hell of a lot, because you can't give the heroes massive bleeding wounds all the time.

-She's basically just some crazy chick who's the daughter of an evil scientist, hunting down Wolverine for "stealing" her daddy's Adamantium. Yeah, it's a pretty crappy motivation, but WHO CARES SHE HAS CLAWS ARRRR!!! Not a big Deathstrike fan, actually; she's just there to do some cutting.

-Yuriko Oyama is the daughter of Lord Dark Wind, a Japanese crime boss and scientist who created the process that allows Adamanitum to be bonded to bone. A crazy dude, he scarred the faces of his children (two sons later died) to mimic the ones he got from a failed Kamikaze mission during World War II. Deathstrike, like Silver Samurai, actually debuted in DAREDEVIL of all places, allying with DD to free her lover from Dark Wind's control. Yuriko, as she was known back then, killed her own father, and her lover committed suicide to honor his fallen master.

-This drove Yuriko a bit nuts, and she soon adopted her father's ideals, and attempted to track down everyone who "dishonored" his memory. Now mimicking a samurai warrior, she hunted down adamantium-empowered individuals, targetting Wolverine when she found him instead of Bullseye. Wolverine & Vindicator managed to beat her, so she sought to empower herself. Ending up in Spiral's "Body Shoppe" in the Mojoverse, she had herself turned into a cyborg with monstrous, elongated fingernails, and then joined up with the Reavers. She would appear with them off and on, eventually becoming a full-time "Wolverine Foe", especially when the Reavers were killed by Trevor Fitzroy's Sentinels.

-She would give up her mission against Wolverine once the adamantium was torn from his bones, but continues as a mercenary and criminal. She would face Captain America, and maim Sunfire in battle (slicing off his legs), then joined the Thunderbolts "villain army" during Civil War. She then popped up during the birth of Hope Summers, leading a band of new, nameless Reavers. Badly injuring Hellion, she was savagely attacked by X-23, who nearly killed her. She was rebuilt by Spiral, who made her a submissive member of the Sisterhood of Mutants, but she reappeared as her regular self, leading the old-school Reavers. Later, she's working for Doctor Octopus in his international scheme to devastate the planet, and executes the hero Kangaroo in Australia. For a while, her mind had left her body, and ended up possessing some regular people, but I think she's back to normal now.

-A Mercenary/Claw Girl-type build, she's good with her claws, and they're pretty sharp and dangerous, and she's got a healty smattering of high-impact Combat Advantages (modifying almost all of her caps this way), as well as a bunch of skills. She's no joke, and can hold her own with the PL 11 Wolverine for a good while.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:36 pm "LOL, wow- I didn't expect Native to draw TWO WHOLE PAGES of comments while I was asleep!"

*reads pages*

"... ah."

Who would have ever guessed that NATIVE would have proven to be so boring? Certainly not I :).
but your thread is alive....ALIIIIIIIIIVE!
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Is Lady Deathstrike actually a mutant? I thought she was just a crazy samu-ninja* with cybernetics and a weaponized manicure?

* (That weird Eighties/Nineties creature that claims to be a samurai, but acts like a ninja who is bad at the main job of being a ninja: not being noticed.)