Batgirl III's Character Thread (Simon Baz, Lady Shiva)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 6:10 am
Davies wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 5:59 am ... Forestry and Holistic Medicine?
Yeah, he’s got the weirdest selection of Skills. He has “Identify Fruits and Plants 98%,” “Tracking” and “Skin/Preserve Animal Hide” at like an 80%, but is specifically said not to know anything about science... except he also has “Forensics,” “Pathology,” and “Holistic Medicine” at 98% or 80%.

M&M3e doesn’t have a “Survival” skill anymore, so I improvised with Forestry.
I just used "Expertise (Survival)" in it's stead.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 6:22 am
Batgirl III wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 6:10 am
Davies wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 5:59 am ... Forestry and Holistic Medicine?
Yeah, he’s got the weirdest selection of Skills. He has “Identify Fruits and Plants 98%,” “Tracking” and “Skin/Preserve Animal Hide” at like an 80%, but is specifically said not to know anything about science... except he also has “Forensics,” “Pathology,” and “Holistic Medicine” at 98% or 80%.

M&M3e doesn’t have a “Survival” skill anymore, so I improvised with Forestry.
I just used "Expertise (Survival)" in it's stead.
Same here. Although I often ponder if it should be Wisdom/Awareness based (as per previous editions) or something else.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Davies

Post by Davies »

Expertise: Survival is the skill of knowing what you need to survive. Following a successful check, you can make Perception checks to find what you need to survive. (Beat the DC of the Expertise check by enough margins of success, you get a +2 or +5 bonus to the Perception check.)

So it seems to this ex-boy scout.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Yea expertise Survival is what I used for Erin tarn who has a similar set of skills including Wilderness survival and so on. basically if its in the palladium wilderness skill list its expertise survival.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

NETHERBEASTS
RIFTS Character
Power Level 16 ( 245 PP )

ABILITIES
Strength 6
Stamina 18
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 8
Intellect -2
Awareness 6
Presence 0

SKILLS
Athletics 9 (+15), Close Attack [Claw/Claw/Bite] 17 (+25), Intimidate 4 (+8), Perception 6 (+12)

ADVANTAGES
All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical [Claw/Claw/Bite] (2), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (2), Lionhearted, Move-By Action, Takedown (2)

POWERS
1,200 M.D.C. Impervious Toughness 18 [ 18 PP ]
30' Long Behemoth Growth 8 (+8 Strength, +8 Stamina; +8 Mass, +1 Speed; +4 Intimidate; -4 Defenses; E: Innate) [ 17 PP ]
Swift Predator Leaping 1 (15'); Speed 4 (60 MPH; Note: Included +1 Speed from Growth) [ 5 PP ]
Demonic Resistance Immunity 20 (Fire Descriptor; Life Support) [ 20 PP ]
Demonic Sight Senses 4 (Visual: Counters Invisibility, Darkvision) [ 4 PP ]
Horror Factor Affliction 8 (Resist/Recover: Will; Conditions: Dazed and Vulnerable, Stunned and Defenseless; E: Area [Perception], Extra Condition; F: Limited to Two Degrees) [ 16 PP ]
Rapid Regeneration Regeneration 10 (-1 Penalty Every Round; E: Persistent) [ 20 PP ]

Claw/Claw/Bite Damage 7 (Strength-based; E: Multi-Attack, Penetrating [3], Reach [1], Split [1], Variable Descriptor [Pierce/Slash (1)]) [ 20 PP ]
AE: Tail Slap Damage 5 (Strength-based; E: Area [15' Cone], Penetrating [2]; F: Quirk [diminished area;-1); linked to: Affliction 5 (Resist: Dodge; Recover: Agility/Acrobatics; Condition: Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Prone; E: Area [15' Cone], Extra Condition; E: Limited to Two Degrees, Quirk [diminished area; -1) [ 1 PP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (14) Base 18
Parry: (14) Base 10
Fortitude: (18) Base 0
Toughness: (18) ——
Will: (14) Base 8

WORKSHEET
Attack: 25 Effect: 7 Total: 32 (Claw/Claw/Bite)
Attack: —— Effect: 11+5 Total: 11+5 (Tail Slap)
Attack: —— Effect: 8 Total: 8 (Horror Factor)
Dodge: 14 Tough: 18 Total: 32
Parry: 14 Tough: 18 Total: 32
Fort: 18 Will: 14 Total: 32

ABILITIES [ 56 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 18 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 14 pp ] +
POWERS [ 121 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 36 pp ] =
245 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Disability: As demonic steeds, Netherbeasts are essentially mute, able to growl out maybe a single intelligible word or extremely short phrase with difficult and deliberate effort. Growls, terrifying roars, and enraged shrieks are their preferred means of communication.
Vulnerability: Magical fire, magic weapons, and weapons made from silver cause extra damage, halve a Netherbeast's Impervious Toughness against them; Weapons made from the Millennium Tree inflict massive damage, a Netherbeast's Toughness is not Impervious against them.

Background:
Netherbeasts are used as riding animals by Death, War, and Famine. All three are very similar in size, appearance, and ability and are believed to be indigenous to the dimension where the Apocalypse Demons originate. The giant monstrous animals are powerfully built and resemble a cross between a savage pit-bull and a dinosaur. Netherbeasts have a high animal intelligence and can be quiet cunning. They feed on the flesh, blood, and bones of other creatures, living or dead. Netherbeasts range in color from grey or tan to pale pink and white, with red eyes and ivory colored teeth and horns.

Famine's Netherbeast is named Cyno, and appears more emaciated than the others. Cyno has large horns swept to the back of the head. It is white or pale grey in color. This particular beast feeds on rotted food and plants, as well as meat, blood, and bones. Its horns and teeth are grey and decayed looking.

War's Netherbeast is named Carnage, it has curled ram's horns, is grey in color, and clad in metallic red body armor. Carnage is said to be the fasted, most powerful, and aggressive of them all. Like its demonic master, Carnage kills for the sheer pleasure of it. It feeds only on freshly killed meat, blood, and bones.

Death's Netherbeast is named Bones, which is kind of adorable... But since Netherbeasts cannot talk and Death never speaks (communicating with his mount telepathically) your guess is as good as mine as to how anyone would ever learn its name.

Pestilence rides a giant alien beetle, named Raid, rather than a Netherbeast.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Skaramine

Post by Skaramine »

Raid! That was a great laugh in a book of doom and gloom.
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

And now were all stuck picturing this giant sentient collection of demonic apocaplypse bugs claling out for his demonic steed.

RAAAIIIDDDD!!

Before Promptly exploding :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Batgirl III

Stubborn belly fat? Try this one weird trick...

Post by Batgirl III »

FAMINE
Rifts Character
Power Level 16 ( 480 PP )

Revelation 6:5-6 wrote:When He broke the third seal, I heard the third living creature saying, “Come.” I looked, and behold, a black horse; and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. And I heard something like a voice in the center of the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; but do not damage the oil and the wine.”
ABILITIES
Strength 6
Stamina 18
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 10
Intellect 2
Awareness 6
Presence -1

SKILLS
Athletics 2 (+8), Close Combat [Unarmed] 5 (+17), Expertise [Agriculture] 13 (+15), Investigate 5 (+7), Perception 9 (+15), Stealth 13 (+15), Vehicles 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES
All-Out Attack, Diehard, Great Endurance, Power Attack, Sidekick [Cyno; (49)], Takedown (2)

POWERS
6,753 M.D.C. Impervious Toughness 18 [ 18 PP ]
Aura of Hunger Affliction 5 (Resist/Recover: Will; Conditions: Fatigued; E: Reaction, Continuous; F: Limited to One Degree, Permanent) [ 10 PP ]
Demonic Resistance Immunity 20 (Fire Descriptor; Life Support) [ 20 PP ]
Demonic Sight Senses 4 (Visual: Counters Invisibility, Darkvision) [ 4 PP ]
Diving Water Senses 6 (Mental: Ranged Detect Water, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended [2]) [ 6 PP ]
Horror Factor Affliction 10 (Resist/Recover: Will; Conditions: Dazed and Vulnerable, Stunned and Defenseless); E: Area [Perception], Extra Condition; F: Limited to Two Degress) [ 20 PP ]
Knows Lots of Magic and Has Lots of Psychic Powers Variable 10 (E: Move Action) [ 80 PP ]
Putrefy Food, Drink, and Water with a Touch Transform 12 (3,200 lbs; Broad Group to Single Result; E: Reaction, Continuous; F: Permanent) [ 72 PP ]
Rapid Regeneration Regeneration 10 (-1 Penalty Every Round; E: Persistent) [ 20 PP ]
Sense Other Horsemen Feature 1 (Mentally sense if the other Horsemen are alive and on the same world/plane of existence.) [ 1 PP ]
Starvation Touch Affliction 5 (Resist: Dodge; Recover: Will; Conditions: Fatigued, Exhausted, Incapacitated; E: Reaction, Continuous; F: Permanent) [ 20 PP ]
Ten-Foot Tall and Gaunt Growth 4 (+4 Strength, +4 Stamina; +3 Mass; +2 Intimidate; -2 Defenses; E: Innate, Reduce Mass Gain [1]) [ 10 PP ]

The Staff of Decay (20 Base; E: Indestructible; F: Removable) [ 17 PP Total ]
Damage 14 (Strength-Based; E: Penetrating [5], Reach [1]) [ 20 PP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (14) Base 14-2
Parry: (14) Base 6-2
Fortitude: (18) Base 0
Toughness: (18) ——
Will: (14) Base 8

WORKSHEET
Attack: 17 Effect: 6 Total: 21 (Unarmed)
Attack: —— Effect: 5 Total: 5 (Aura of Hunger)
Attack: —— Effect: 5 Total: 5 (Starvation Touch)
Attack: —— Effect: 10 Total: 10 (Horror Factor)
Attack: 10 Effect: 20 Total: 30 (Staff)
Dodge: 14 Tough: 18 Total: 32
Parry: 14 Tough: 18 Total: 32
Fort: 18 Will: 14 Total: 32

ABILITIES [ 74 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 25 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 55 pp ] +
POWERS [ 298 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 28 pp ] =
480 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Vulnerability: Magical fire, magic weapons, and weapons made from silver cause extra damage, halve Famine's Impervious Toughness against them; Weapons made from the Millennium Tree inflict massive damage, Famine's Toughness is not Impervious against them.
Power Loss (Banishment): A slain Apocalypse demon must recuperate, remaining in their hellish dimension for 1,000 to 6,000 year. Even after that period of time, they cannot return to the place of their defeat (in this case, Earth) for at least 50,000 years.

Background:
The monster known as Famine looks like a skeleton with a withered, malnourished body, pale complexion, swept back ram's horns, and a malicious expression. He is sinister, cunning, and treacherous, using sneaky tactics to hurt and injure others. He is obsessed with the destruction of all life forms and delights in the suffering and destruction of all life forms and delights in the suffering and destruction inflicted by his hand. Unlike most of the others, Famine frequently strikes quietly from the shadows or at a distance. If he is careful, his control over the weather* and power to spoil food are often mistaken as natural disasters. He also likes to instigate trouble by manipulating others, such as destroying one village's food supply and then somehow letting them know that a neighboring village has plenty, but won't share. These kinds of tactics can lead to theft, vandalism, and war, which means more suffering and death. Famine loves these games.

His favorite partner of the other three Horsemen is Pestilence. Their power complement each other perfectly and together they have wrought incredible amounts of starvation, turmoil, and slow death.

*I left this set of powers out of his build, they can be covered by his Variable 10. Basically, Famine can make the local weather really nasty in ways that harm crops: droughts, monsoons, hail storms, flash floods, whatever will ruin the local food supply.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

BG just curious but are you leaving the rune weapons as just clubs? theya re listed as intelligent weapons that can act independently of their owners and have powers all their own.

Catsi stories
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

catsi563 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:16 am BG just curious but are you leaving the rune weapons as just clubs? theya re listed as intelligent weapons that can act independently of their owners and have powers all their own.
Yeah, I'm just hand-waving that as part of their Variable 10 Power. The main purpose they serve is casting spells independently of their Horsemen's own actions. But, thankfully, M&M doesn't really allow for the multiple actions per turn that RIFTS has built in. So when these guys throw a fireball or whatever, you can say its from the staff or from the Horsemen, as suits the narrative, it doesn't have a mechanical effect...
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I HATED having to deal with this Horseman during the 4 year RIFTS Campaign(incidentally,it was while dealing with War that i found out i was a clone of Bradford.).We were in the Middle of year 2 when the GM sprang these Douches on us.He'd spend a week building us up to fight each one solo,then have us attack him during the Weekend.We spent 24 HOURS taking each of these guys down.It got to the point that i ran out of ammunition on EVERYTHING taking down Famine. I had to use a rock to deliver the last two killing blows....
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:41 am I HATED having to deal with this Horseman during the 4 year RIFTS Campaign(incidentally,it was while dealing with War that i found out i was a clone of Bradford.).We were in the Middle of year 2 when the GM sprang these Douches on us.He'd spend a week building us up to fight each one solo,then have us attack him during the Weekend.We spent 24 HOURS taking each of these guys down.It got to the point that i ran out of ammunition on EVERYTHING taking down Famine. I had to use a rock to deliver the last two killing blows....
You were using guns that use ammunition. Rookie mistake.

You want to have plasma- or laser-weapons that hook directly to the fusion reactor of your mecha...

...or be a mutant samurai chicken with a pair of magic swords. Those never run out of ammo.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 2:07 am
MacynSnow wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:41 am I HATED having to deal with this Horseman during the 4 year RIFTS Campaign(incidentally,it was while dealing with War that i found out i was a clone of Bradford.).We were in the Middle of year 2 when the GM sprang these Douches on us.He'd spend a week building us up to fight each one solo,then have us attack him during the Weekend.We spent 24 HOURS taking each of these guys down.It got to the point that i ran out of ammunition on EVERYTHING taking down Famine. I had to use a rock to deliver the last two killing blows....
You were using guns that use ammunition. Rookie mistake.

You want to have plasma- or laser-weapons that hook directly to the fusion reactor of your mecha...

...or be a mutant samurai chicken with a pair of magic swords. Those never run out of ammo.
GM got a lucky roll and destroyed.....most of my Upgraded NG-X9 Northern Gun Samson before my initiative turn came up,so i had to improvise with what i had(which eventually turned out to be a suprisingly large Rock)....
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Killer Croc would be proud.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 4:57 am Killer Croc would be proud.
I'd like to think so.... :D