New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 3 CND: Normal

"It's not the spider, Kirstie," Lex sighed.

"Your... we were told us somebody was feeding those racists information. We all thought it was Steven. I tried to warn the teachers but..." He muttered, "It was before she tried to kidnap you. Information was leaking before."
Flynnarrel

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #28: The Garden of Earthly Delights (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

"No. Nozing so mundane." Martin says sourly. "Several students are not be'aving rationally. Unconsciousness resets zem but ze scale of ze affliction is massive. We could use more clear-eaded people to peaceably restrain ze ozers, if you would be so inclined." He offers Moulad a hand to stand.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Michuru

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #28: The Garden of Earthly Delights (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Michuru »

NVAE, FRONT QUAD (Lex; NPCs: Kirstie)
"We don't know how long she's been at this!" Kirstie said, clinging hopeless to hope. "For all we know, this was the long con!"

Suddenly, Lex was reminded of one of the songs on the Drifter's mp3 player: Mom's Long Con. It was by a band he'd never heard of before--Two Fiddy Four--and it sounded like just a normal teen angst song. He had skipped it more than he'd listened to it, but he remembered the chorus: "My mom's a spy! My mom's a spy! My mom's a spy!"

Was it possible that in some alternate future, Lex had been part of this band and written a song about his mother's treachery?

NVAE, HALLWAY (Dennis, Martin, Otso; NPCs: Mouloud, Vlad)
"I can't," Mouloud said sadly. "I..." He searched for the words--for some way to make the Junior understand him and his beliefs. In the end, he failed. Despite all of his strength, he could not lift his gaze to look at his classmates, nor raise his heavy arms. "I can't."
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy

"Kirstie, stop it. Please," Lex closed his eyes and bowed his head, "She did this on her own. Your aunt didn't care or know about me until I @*#(ed up her plans."

"My m-,"
Lex cringed, "She did it on her own, Kirstie. Nobody made her."
McGuffin

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #26 - The Persistence of Memory (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
HP: 4
Cnd: Triage

Otso breathed a sigh of relief as Martin woke Mouloud with apparently little serious harm. He considered trying to rouse him into action but then thought better of it. Aftet all, he shared a somewhat similar outlook. It would have to wait for later. "Just get the wounded and unconscious out of harms way, okay?" He tried to keep his voice as calm and reassuring as he could.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 1 > 0
Condition: Normal

Seeing that both Rose and Kelly were still free from the icy attack of Violet, Tamati moved closer to Rose swinging a watery fist towards the side of her head.

Although his intent was only to stun her and not actually hurt her he still felt uncomfortable trying to hit a girl as his fist went wild.
Use an HP to stunt "Stunning Attack" and then move to attack Rose

Taheka Stun: 1D20+7 = [5]+7 = 12

And a miss unless her defense is really really low then DC19 Fortitude check vs Stun
Edit: Fixed fortitude save check
Last edited by Gilliam on Sun May 27, 2018 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Martin
Michuru wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 12:31 pm NVAE, HALLWAY (Dennis, Martin, Otso; NPCs: Mouloud, Vlad)
"I can't," Mouloud said sadly. "I..." He searched for the words--for some way to make the Junior understand him and his beliefs. In the end, he failed. Despite all of his strength, he could not lift his gaze to look at his classmates, nor raise his heavy arms. "I can't."
Martin gives a half-shrug. He nods at Otso's suggestion. "Just 'elp as you are able." he offers.

He rises and moves to the next largest group of people.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

NVAE, CAFETERIA (Dennis, Jack, Martin, Otso, Tamati, Violet; NPCs: Benedikt, Derryl-731, Doug, Herta, J.R., Kas, Kelly, Kira, Larrikin, Lexus, Mickie, Newton, Nicole, Rebecca, Rose)
At the sight of Tamati trying to attack Rose, Kelly shrank and flew straight at him. She clipped his cheek as she flew past him at her top speed. She was hardly able to distract him for Rose, who wasted no time in scattering seeds at the Kiwi’s feet. As the plants sprang to life, they moved to grab at his feet, but Tamati easily dodged the attempt to grab him.

Not far off, Derryl brought his lunch up—a sight Herta missed as she grinned maniacally at Benedikt’s current situation. “Thanks for the help, Violet!” she said. “Hold the little piece of $#!+ right there. There’s something I want to try…”

Herta took off in the opposite direction. Benedikt’s power allowed him to tag an object or person, rendering people psychically compelled to keep away from it. He was preventing Herta from getting near the object of her affection—Kira Salo. However, Herta was the daughter of Tabitha Lamperogue. While she was nowhere near as intelligent as her mother or half-brother, she did process information fast. She could assess a situation with staggering speed and adapt an appropriate plan.

She couldn’t bring herself to get close to Benedikt and Kira… but Benedikt couldn’t counteract the fundamental laws that governed the universe.

Herta sprinted around the room and then leaned ever so subtly. She might not have been able to do it had it not been for Mickie clearing the vending machines, but with nothing on the walls, nothing stopped Herta from running on them. Her speed carried her around the room and allowed her to climb higher and higher. Soon she was on the ceiling and then she was right over Benedikt.

Gravity did the rest.

Herta writhed in the air. She was psychically compelled to get away from Benedikt, but with nothing under her feet but Benedikt, she could do nothing but flail. She landed into him and then immediately scampered away from him—wearing a satisfied grin.

The Order, Round Two
  • Herta (49)
  • Martin (27)
  • Jack (24)
  • Larrikin (23): Entangled (-2 Atk/Def, -4 Dex, half speed)
  • Mickie (20): Bound, Helpless
  • Nicole (20): Entangled (-2 Atk/Def, -4 Dex, half speed)
  • Benedikt (19): Bruised, Entangled (-2 Atk/Def, -4 Dex, half speed), Staggered, Stunned
  • Kas (18): Entangled (-2 Atk/Def, -4 Dex, half speed)
  • Violet (17)
  • Heidi (17): Entangled (-2 Atk/Def, -4 Dex, half speed)
  • Rebecca (17): Bound, Helpless
  • J.R. (16)
  • Mouloud (14): Bruised, Stunned (R1), Staggered, Suffocating (R1), Unconscious (R1)
  • Otso (11)
  • Vlad (11): Bruised x2, Staggered, Stunned (Dennis, R1), Unconscious (R1)
  • Doug (11): Bound, Bruised x2, Helpless, Staggered, Unconscious (R1)
  • Dennis (9)
  • Tamati (6)
  • Kelly (6)
  • Rose (5)
  • Derryl (4): Nauseated (single move action, R1)
  • Lexus (3): Bound, Helpless
  • Kira (3): Bound, Helpless

That’ll miss Rose, Gilliam.

Kelly will focus on Tamati: Leannán Sí - Attack - Charge: 1d20+14 28 Presuming that hits, DC 15 Toughness, Gilliam. Fear Kelly.

Rose will follow Kelly’s lead and go after Tamati: Thorn - Attack: 1d20+4 6 Never mind.

Virtuoso - Fortitude - DC 20: 1d20+3 4 Derryl can only take a single move action. Lexus and Kira are bound by the ice.

Second round begins. Martin, Otso, and Dennis will come into the room.

I’m going to fiat to give Herta the benefits of wall-run for the turn. Hero points to… everyone who isn’t Canadian… Tantivy - Attack - All-out Attack 5, Power Attack 5: 1d20+8 13 That’ll hit. Benedikt - Toughness - DC 28: 1d20 14 & since Herta’s falling (with style) Tantivy - Toughness - DC 16: 1d20+4 21 She’s fine when she hits the floor.

Martin is up, followed by Jack.

Kirstie frowned. “I’m sorry,” she said. “I just… I don’t want… I don’t like it when you’re hurt—when you can’t just stick your finger in an outlet and make it better.” She sighed heavily. “I don’t like that I can’t make it better. I want to help you, and I don’t know what to do.”

Love Potion Victims
  • Royce Brown > Patrick Brown
  • Rose Caspain > Kelly Walsh
  • Mickie Daniels > Nicole Mucciante
  • Doug Droll > Nicole Mucciante
  • Kas Flaegler > Lexus Rauf
  • Derryl Isaacson > Heidi Lancaster
  • Benedikt Jónsson > Kira Salo
  • Larrikin > Heidi Lancaster
  • Nicole Mucciante > Doug Droll
  • Lilian Murphy > Isaac Newton
  • Roger Murphy > Stephanie Yavorshak
  • Steven Murphy > Kirstie Arnett
  • Mouloud Poundstone > Rebecca Graves
  • Herta Radikovich > Kira Salo
  • Vlad Radikovich > Rebecca Graves
  • Lexus Rauf > Kas Flaegler
  • Kira Salo > Benedikt Jónsson
  • Kelly Walsh > Rose Caspian
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy

"I don't need you to fix this, Kirstie," Lex says turning and pulling his girlfriend into a hug, "I just- I just need you."

"I just-"
He chokes and buries his face in her shoulder as the tears start streaming down his face.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Martin
CND: OKay (HP spent to eliminate Fatigue)
HP:
Michuru wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:46 pm Second round begins. Martin, Otso, and Dennis will come into the room.
Martin surveyed the scene of chaos before him and the room around him. The fact that this was close to the kitchen limited his options but didn't take them away entirely. There were still plenty of non-flammable anesthetic options. Mothoxypropane, was right out, but Fentanyl and its derivatives were simply Carbon, Hydrogen, a smidge of Oxygen, and a pinch of Nitrogen. The Hydrogen atoms were bound tightly enough that they wouldn't be an issue around flames. It also had aerosol dispersal options and fast absorption and affect rates. It was easy to administer a counter agent too. If it was released with a little Halothane it should send the students into blissful unconsciousness. "Don't let anyone leave, catch any fliers zat fall, please." he says to the two arriving with him.

Martin strode into the center of the room and cast his arms and torso upwards, fanning them out until they were branches of some great, fluid tree, golden and shimmering fine. There was no hiss or smell or discolored air wafting down from the shimmering golden branches of the Martin-tree. Still, the chemical anesthetic dispersed.

Martin could watch to see who was affected and the branchlettes above them can administer the counter agent.

[
Power stunting:
Stun [Extras:Sleep, Area-Burst, Range-Perception (no dodge); Feats: Reversible, Subtle; Flaws: Distracting, Tiring] pr 8]
DC18 Fort, fail = Dazed, by 5 = Stunned, by 10 equals Asleep. Reversible (at Will) means he can undo if any of Newton, Tamati, Violet, Otso, or Dennis succumb. Can fill 40 ft radius, 80 ft diameter sphere.
Extra Effort to do it again so two DC18 Fort checks.

Used 4 HP this round: 1from cool entrance (counter fatigue last round), 1 from Herta's fiat(pay for stunt), 1 from start of scene(to extra effort to do this twice), 1 from my birthday bunch of hp (to by off fatigue from tiring power).
]
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
HP: 1

Violet saw Martin's bizarre entrance and squinted at him curiously. "Martin, what the hell are you-" Her question ended in an abrupt and drawn out yawn and she shook her head to clear out the cobwebs.
Fort save: 2#1d20+6 22 23 Wow. Did not expect that
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 6->7
COND: Dazed

Having seen Martin at chemical work before and his warning, Dennis covered his hand over his mouth and noise. A few breaths and he seemed to be fine... but a little weary... Dennis quickly became more careful with his breathing.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

As Dennis' eyes started to droop and arms started to slacken his next breath had a tinge of ammonia to it and he perked right up.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

NVAE, CAFETERIA (Dennis, Jack, Martin, Otso, Tamati, Violet; NPCs: Benedikt, Derryl-731, Doug, Herta, J.R., Kas, Kelly, Kira, Larrikin, Lexus, Mickie, Newton, Nicole, Rebecca, Rose)
Martin watched as Larrikin, Nicole, Benedikt, and Kira slumped to the floor.
The Order, Round Two
  • Herta (49): Dazed (Martin, R2)
  • Martin (27)
  • Jack (24)
  • Larrikin (23): Entangled (-2 Atk/Def, -4 Dex, half speed), Sleep
  • Mickie (20): Bound, Helpless
  • Nicole (20): Entangled (-2 Atk/Def, -4 Dex, half speed), Sleep
  • Benedikt (19): Bruised, Entangled (-2 Atk/Def, -4 Dex, half speed), Sleeping, Staggered, Stunned
  • Kas (18): Entangled (-2 Atk/Def, -4 Dex, half speed), Stunned (Martin, R2)
  • Violet (17)
  • Heidi (17): Entangled (-2 Atk/Def, -4 Dex, half speed), Stunned (Martin, R2)
  • Rebecca (17): Bound, Helpless, Stunned (Martin, R2)
  • J.R. (16)
  • Mouloud (14): Bruised, Stunned (R1), Staggered, Suffocating (R1)
  • Otso (11)
  • Vlad (11): Bruised x2, Staggered, Stunned (Dennis, R1), Unconscious (R1)
  • Doug (11): Bound, Bruised x2, Helpless, Staggered, Unconscious (R1)
  • Dennis (9)
  • Tamati (6)
  • Kelly (6): Dazed
  • Rose (5)
  • Derryl (4): Nauseated (single move action, R1), Stunned (Martin, R2)
  • Lexus (3): Bound, Helpless
  • Kira (3): Bound, Helpless, Sleep
Tantivy - Fortitude - DC 18: 2d20+3 34 That is not the way to roll that. Either way, second one will fail by 1.
Larrikin - Fortitude - DC 18: 1d20+4 6 1d20+4 8 Sleeping.
Armorer - Fortitude - DC 18: 1d20+2 19 1d20+2 18
Chameleon - Fortitude - DC 18: 1d20 5 1d20 16 Sleeping
Benedikt - Fortitude - DC 18: 1d20 7 1d20 13 Sleeping
Magnitude - Fortitude - DC 18: 1d20+6 19 1d20+6 12 Stunned.
Nyx - Fortitude - DC 18: 1d20+2 12 1d20+2 15 Stunned.
Rebecca - Fortitude - DC 18: 1d20 14 1d20 13 Stunned.
Viscosity - Fortitude - DC 18: 1d20+6 18 1d20+6 26 Nothing.
Leannán Sí - Fortitude - DC 18: 1d20+2 17 1d20+2 22 Dazed.
Thorn - Fortitude - DC 18: 1d20+2 21 1d20+2 22
Virtuoso - Fortitude - DC 18: 1d20+2 9 1d20+2 9 Stunned.
Manticore - Fortitude - DC 18: 1d20+13 32 1d20+13 29
Kira - Fortitude - DC 18: 1d20 5 1d20 12 Nighty night.

Jack is up.
Kirstie said nothing. She simply held him. This was unfamiliar territory for her. In the time she had known him, Lex had saved her countless times. Lex had gone into another dimension to rescue her father. He had ran across entire countries for her. Now, he needed her, and she felt so powerless to do anything but simply hold him.

“Come on,” she said finally, taking him by the hand, “we’re going to get out of here.” As they walked, she took out her phone and fired off a text message to Violet: Weird question—wuts ur bfs #?
Love Potion Victims
  • Royce Brown > Patrick Brown
  • Rose Caspain > Kelly Walsh
  • Mickie Daniels > Nicole Mucciante
  • Kas Flaegler > Lexus Rauf
  • Derryl Isaacson > Heidi Lancaster
  • Lilian Murphy > Isaac Newton
  • Herta Radikovich > Kira Salo
  • Lexus Rauf > Kas Flaegler
  • Kelly Walsh > Rose Caspian
Recovered Love Potion Victims
  • Doug Droll > Nicole Mucciante
  • Benedikt Jónsson > Kira Salo
  • Larrikin > Heidi Lancaster
  • Nicole Mucciante > Doug Droll
  • Roger Murphy > Stephanie Yavorshak
  • Steven Murphy > Kirstie Arnett
  • Mouloud Poundstone > Rebecca Graves
  • Vlad Radikovich > Rebecca Graves
  • Kira Salo > Benedikt Jónsson
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy

Lex wiped the tears off his face, and pulled a travel pack of Kleenex out of his pocket, blew his nose.

He didn't know where they were going and he didn't care. Anywhere had to be better than here.