Team Cerberus (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: Team Cerberus (OOC)

Post by kenseido »

Without Affects Others (or Attack), carrying others is limited to the STR of Snowblind.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Just a quick note - everyone can feel free to do a Perception check on the clearing if they want. Didn't want anyone to feel like they couldn't do so if they wanted to.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

EpicEclipse wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 4:45 am
Flynnarrel wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:17 am Without Affects Other on ice slide not sure Curare can join Jen.
It has platform though. Seems reasonable someone else could stand on the platform.
This turns a Flaw into and Extra.
"Something pithy this way comes."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

This is just one of those moments mechanics trump description. (Which is why I tend to put so much effort into making sure my mechanics fit my vision >_>)

But you're [Flynn and Ken] definitely not wrong. Though, speaking of mechanics; affects others would actually not be the correct mechanic.

With affects others, they get to make choices in how they utilize the power if there are choices to make. So with this flight, the others could meander off making their own ice platforms all willy nilly, because that is how affects others works. She also needs to touch them to impart the use of the power which doesn't seem to match the Iceman style ice slide.

Other options would be linking a continuous fading create power to create the platform others could travel on (Snowblind's abilities would allow her to slide herself along with greater speed while others would have to use their own locomotion to traverse the platform), or enhanced strength limited to carrying while flying to emulate having some capacity on her platform.

I'd personally lean more towards the create for a few reasons. It creates the actual ice path that other effects can now interact with and others can utilize with their own movement speeds, with fades it effectively melts which is a neat coincidental mechanic, has a defined weight limit.. basically, it makes the ice platform a more believable element in the game world, rather than it being entirely descriptive with no mechanics to support attempted interactions with it.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

2E had Tether which could have a Created construct stay with the Creator. In 3E the closest would be Moveable but even that is janky. It's what I used to have Magenta offer a platform to others. Simpler might be the Flight with Affects Other and a Quirk that they must stay adjacent to Snowblind (I've used this on similar powersets to emulate this circumstance).
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

3e still has Tether. :D And yeah, that would be the discount route to make something similar, though it would still be a floating platform like Maggie's example of the power use rather than an actual ice bridge that presumably doesn't instantly evaporate once it has been traversed by Snowblind. (Which Mechanically, that is EXACTLY what it does right now though..)
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Well a simple solution would be Power Lifting linked to the Flight suggesting Snowblind can carry more weight on the ice platform.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

kenseido wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:41 pm Well a simple solution would be Power Lifting linked to the Flight suggesting Snowblind can carry more weight on the ice platform.
This does lead to the odd circumstance that if she'd given a ST boosting drug or a under a ST weakening effect her platform suddenly can either hold much or can't hold as many things.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

I had a character with ghostly flying horse do something similar- Platform Flight with the Carries extra weight feature (similar to what many teleporters use, and mechanically the same as Powerlifting STR). Works fine until the 'controller' gets knocked out or knocked off the platform...
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:44 pm
kenseido wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:41 pm Well a simple solution would be Power Lifting linked to the Flight suggesting Snowblind can carry more weight on the ice platform.
This does lead to the odd circumstance that if she'd given a ST boosting drug or a under a ST weakening effect her platform suddenly can either hold much or can't hold as many things.
Yes but its simpler solutions and easier to handwave.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

By default, Flight (Flaw: Platform) is single-user only, think Green Goblin’s glider or Static’s flying disc. If you want to carry someone, you can do so as a normal application of Strength (the classic Superman scoops up Lois Lane maneuver). You can also add Extras like Affects Others or Area.

I figure Madame Curare will just have to jog. 🏃‍♀️
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Dave's shadowportarion taxi service is always open!
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

This seems like the most straightforward way to handle the power idea. I might just have to go back through a couple characters & add it.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

well for now I cant add such so im gonna just ask everyone to let me indulge in a little rule of cool--hehe made a funny-- and ill modify later when exps handed out.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Or you could use this as a roleplaying moment where she has NEVER had to work with anyone or give them a lift and learns how after this.