Palladium/Rifts into M&M

General discussions about role-playing games. Share stories, ask for advice, talk about the industry, etc.
catsi563

Re: Palladium/Rifts into M&M

Post by catsi563 »

jab your guys are PL 8s

+6 to hit (4 Dex +2 ranged combat) +10 on damage

they're PL 7 on the defense though so you're good there.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

catsi563 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:17 am jab your guys are PL 8s

+6 to hit (4 Dex +2 ranged combat) +10 on damage

they're PL 7 on the defense though so you're good there.
Ah, whoops- forgot to account for the Ranged Attack or extra Dex I gave them. The first two are meant to be PL 7s, the third is a PL 8.
slade the sniper

Post by slade the sniper »

Very nice work so far, Jab. Thanks.

-STS
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

SAMAS
Rifts Character
Power Level 10 ( 150 PP )

ABILITIES
Strength 0 (2; Lifting: 4)
Stamina 0 (2)
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 3
Intellect 0
Awareness 2
Presence 2

SKILLS
Athletics 3 (+3/+5), Expertise [Soldier] 5 (+5), Intimidation 3 (+5), Perception 3 (+5), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 4 (+10), Technology 5 (+5), Treatment 2 (+2), Vehicles 3 (+7),

ADVANTAGES
Agile Feint, Evasion (1), Equipment (1), Improved Initiative (1), Favored Environment [Aerial], Move-By Action, Ranged Attack (2)

POWERS
PA-06A Strategic Armor Military Assault Suit (SAMAS) (60 Base; F: Removable) [ 48 PP Total ]
Enhanced Ability 6 (+4 Strength, +2 Stamina; F: Limited to Lifting [Two Ranks]) [ 10 PP ]
Flight 7 (120 MPH / 250 MPH F: Distracting [One Rank]) [ 13 PP ]
Immunity 10 (Life Support) [ 10 PP ]
Leaping 1 (15') [ 1 PP ]
Protection 8 (E: Impervious [8]) [ 16 PP ]
Senses 10 (Auditory: Radio; Visual: Extended [2], Distance Sense, Infravision, Low-Light Vision, Time-Sense, Ultra-Vision; Radar: Extended Detect Technology) [ 10 PP ]

C-40R SAMAS Rail Gun (35 Base; F: Easily Removable) [ 21 PP Total ]
Damage 10 (E: Extended Range [2], Multiattack, Penetrating [3], Ranged) [ 35 PP ]

CM-2 Rocket Launcher (15 Base; F: Removable) [ 12 PP Total ]
Damage 10 (E: Area [30' Burst], Extended Range [2], Homing [2], Ranged, Split [1]; F: Unreliable [Two Uses]) [ 15 PP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (10) Base 6
Parry: (6) Base 3
Fortitude: (6/8) Base 6
Toughness: (0/10) ——
Will: (4) Base 2

WORKSHEET
Attack: 3 Effect: 0/2 Total: 3/5 (Unarmed)
Attack: 10 Effect: 10 Total: 20 (Rail Gun)
Attack: —— Effect: 10 Total: 10 (Rockets)
Dodge: 10 Tough: 0/10 Total: 10/20
Parry: 6 Tough: 0/10 Total: 6/16
Fort: 6/8 Will: 4 Total: 10/12

ABILITIES [ 30 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 14 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 8 pp ] +
POWERS [ 81 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 17 pp ] =
150 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Responsibility (The Coalition States): All Coalition military personnel are expected to uphold the virtues of the CS, and are subject to "reorientation", or worse, if they stray.
Enemy (Tolkeen): The Magic-heavy state is anathema to the Coalition States.
Hatred (D-Bees, Psychics, Magic)

Background:
The SAMAS is a complete environmental power armor with enhanced robotics and flight/air-to-ground capabilities. The SAMAS, like all power armor, is basically a robot exoskeleton with M.D.C. plating, superhuman strength, and weapon systems. The pilot fits inside the exoskeleton.

The SAMAS is a significant element of the Coalition's armored troops. The suit was designed for assault and defense, its small size making it ideal for urban and wilderness environments. The fast and maneuverable power armor quickly came to represent Coalition military supremacy in thew air and on the ground. Next to the Glitter Boy, it is the most famous power armor in the Americas.

Notes:
In my personal opinion, there is no more iconic image for the RIFTS universe than the SAMAS. It simultaneously tells you everything about how evil the Coalition States are and at the same time how heroic an individual C.S. Trooper can be. Eight-foot tall, skull-faced, and screaming across the terrain at treetop altitude... In order to fight against some sixty-foot tall demonic kaiju that just emerged from a literal gateway to Hell.

In a game universe that depends on awesome visuals and Rule of Cool far more than it does sound game mechanics or serious storytelling, the SAMAS delivers. This thing is weaponized Rule of Cool.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

LOVE the SAMAS. The "part man; part airplane" visual dynamic is amazing, looking way tougher than regular powersuits- I copy it pretty directly for my own hero, Gryphon. Your levels are similar to mine, though I forgot to adds senses- are those listed in the book, or in Coalition War Campaign?
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

The SAMAS entry has a little line item towards the end that says it has targeting systems, a combat computer, and “sensory equipment as standard power armor,” but of course, that means flipping to a totally different part of the book to find out what that means. :roll:
Batgirl III

Domo Arigato, Mister Roboto...

Post by Batgirl III »

COMBAT 'BORG
Rifts Character

The human mind given machine precision, steamroller strength, and the firepower of an army company. That's how I see myself.
ABILITIES
Strength 5
Stamina -
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 8
Intellect 0
Awareness 3
Presence 0

SKILLS
Athletics 3 (+8), Deception 5 (+5), Expertise [Mercenary] 10 (+10), Insight 2 (+5), Intimidation 8 (+8), Perception 5 (+8), Stealth 6 (+8), Technology 5 (+5)

ADVANTAGES
All-Out Attack, Equipment (7), Extraordinary Effort, Ranged Attack (6)

POWERS
Climbing Claws Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling) [ 2 PP ]
Full Bionic Conversion Immunity 30 (All Fortitude Effects) [ 30 PP ]
M1-B2 Medium Infantry Armor Protection 12 (E: Impervious [8]) [ 20 PP ]
Sensory Upgrades Senses 6 (Auditory: Radio; Visual: Extended [1], Infravision, Low-Light Vision, Time-Sense, Ultra-Vision) [ 6 PP ]

Cybernetic Weapons Array [ 16 PP ]
Retractable Vibro-Blade Damage 7 (Strength-based; E: Improved Critical [2], Penetrating [6]) [ 15 PP ]
AE: Shoulder Mini-Missile Launcher Damage 10 (E: Area [30' Burst], Extended Range [2], Homing [2], Ranged, Split [1]; F: Unreliable [Two Uses]) [ 1 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 35 EP )
NG-202 Rail Gun Damage 10 (E: Accurate [1], Extended Range [2], Multiattack, Penetrating [2], Ranged) [ 35 PP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (8) Base 6
Parry: (8) Base 0
Fortitude:——
Toughness: (12) ——
Will: (6) Base 3

WORKSHEET
Attack: 8 Effect: 5 Total: 13 (Unarmed)
Attack: 8 Effect: 12 Total: 20 (Vibro-Blade)
Attack:Effect: 10 Total: 10 (Mini-Missiles)
Attack: 10 Effect: 10 Total: 20 (Rail Gun)
Dodge: 8 Tough: 12 Total: 20
Parry: 8 Tough: 12 Total: 20
Fort:Will: 6 Total: 6

ABILITIES [ 30 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 22 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 15 pp ] +
POWERS [ 74 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 9 pp ] =
150 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Quirk (Lack of Senses): With a body that is anywhere between 80% to 90% mechanical, a 'Borg loses many senses. Some can no longer taste an apple, feel the breeze against their skin, or know the kiss a loved one.

Background:
Combat Cyborgs are men and women who have been surgically augmented with bionics for the purpose of war. They are often soldiers, law enforcers, or some other type of warrior (or desire to be one) before they submit to the full bionic conversion. "'Borg" is the popular slang term for cyborgs, particularly full conversion cyborgs like the Combat 'Borg.

Full bionic conversion means that these characters are over 80% machine and often more than 90%. While this process creates the most powerful cyborgs possible, it is also the most dehumanizing. Virtually the entire body is replaced with a mechanical one. Only the brain, the face, and a few other original human components (rebuilt upper torso/chest area, the tongue, throat, and head) are all that remain of the original flesh and blood body. While the vast majority keep their original face (the real thing or an attractive, youthful synthetic replica), at least 20% don't even do that. And those who do keep their face usually shield it behind a robotic or demonic faceplate or wear a full helmet to protect it.

Notes:
After the SAMAS, the 'Borg is one of the most iconic images for me when I think of RIFTS, specifically the "Red Borg" by Long, stalking through the ruins of a fallen city. They're like the unholy grimdark lovechild of Warhammer 40,000 and Robocop... Even a "heroic" 'Borg has somehow decided that the world is in such a sorry shape that having 80-90% of their body voluntarily chopped off and replaced with an inhuman war-machine is a better alternative than regular life. These guys are nuts... but, damn, do they look awesome.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Yeah, the SAMAS armor (not to be confused with a certain Metroid hunting bounty hunter) always had a cool look to it. Frankly, I prefer the classic Coalition look to the "upgraded" look they got with the transparent helmets and such. The all black armor just had a more intimidating look to it. A lot of the "Coalition War" gear just looked like it was trying too hard.

But as far as winged flying power armor, the SAMAS was awesome.The "dreads" were kind of weird, but hey, it added to its charm.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
slade the sniper

Re: Domo Arigato, Mister Roboto...

Post by slade the sniper »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:11 am Image
Notes:
After the SAMAS, the 'Borg is one of the most iconic images for me when I think of RIFTS, specifically the "Red Borg" by Long, stalking through the ruins of a fallen city. They're like the unholy grimdark lovechild of Warhammer 40,000 and Robocop... Even a "heroic" 'Borg has somehow decided that the world is in such a sorry shape that having 80-90% of their body voluntarily chopped off and replaced with an inhuman war-machine is a better alternative than regular life. These guys are nuts... but, damn, do they look awesome.
100% agreement. Also, being PL 10 baseline puts them right where they should be in terms of firepower and superscience-y death.

-STS
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

ONDORI-SHISHO
Rifts Character

Animaniacs wrote:He's a chicken, I tell ya! A giant chicken!
ABILITIES
Strength 2
Stamina 3
Agility 8
Dexterity 5
Fighting 10
Intellect 4
Awareness 2
Presence 0

SKILLS
Acrobatics 3 (+8), Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat [Archaic Melee Weapons] 4 (+14), Expertise [Bushido] 4 (+8), Expertise [Calligraphy] 1 (+5), Expertise [Demon & Monster Lore] 1 (+5), Intimidation 5 (+3), Ranged Combat [Archery] 3 (+12), Stealth 0 (+9), Survival 1 (+5), Treatment 1 (+5)

ADVANTAGES
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Benefit [Ambidextrous], Defensive Attack, Equipment (2), Improved Aim, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Improved Smash, Languages (3), Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (4), Startle, Takedown (1), Weapon Bind

POWERS
Mutant Chicken Senses 1 (Visual: Ultravision; E: Innate [1]); Shrinking 4 (-1 Size, -1 Strength; +2 Dodge, +2 Parry; +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation; E: Innate [1]) [ 11 PP ]
Mega-Damage Samurai Armor Protection 5 (E: Impervious [5], Subtle [1]) [ 11 PP ]
Rune Katana Damage 4 (Strength-based; E: Improved Critical [1], Penetrating [5]) [ 10 PP ]
AE: Rune Wakisashi Damage 3 (Strength-based; E: Improved Critical [1], Penetrating [5]) [ 1 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 10 EP )
Longbow & Arrows Damage 3 (E: Extended Range [1], Ranged) [ 7 EP ]
AE: Yari Spear Damage 4 (Strength-based; E: Improved Critical [1], Reach [1], Split [1]) [ 1 EP ]
Binoculars [ 1 EP ]
Walkie-Talkie [ 1 EP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (8) Base 0
Parry: (12) Base 0
Fortitude: (8) Base 5
Toughness: (3/8) ——
Will: (8) Base 6

WORKSHEET
Attack: 10 Effect: 2 Total: 12 (Unarmed)
Attack: 14 Effect: 6 Total: 20 (Rune Katana)
Attack: 14 Effect: 5 Total: 19 (Rune Wakisashi)
Attack: 12 Effect: 3 Total: 15 (Longbow)
Attack: 14 Effect: 6 Total: 20 (Yari Spear)

Dodge: 8 Tough: 3/8 Total: 11/16
Parry: 12 Tough: 3/8 Total: 15/20
Fort: 8 Will: 8 Total: 16

ABILITIES [ 70 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 13 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 23 pp ] +
POWERS [ 33 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 11 pp ] =
150 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Prejudice (Obvious Non-Human): Ondori-Shisho is very obviously a non-human and faces extreme prejudice in Coalition States territory.
Responsibility (Code of Bushido): Ondori-Shisho is an honorable samurai and is sworn to live (and die) by the code of bushido.

Date of Birth: Unknown (Age Unknown)
Base of Operations: Nomadic
Height: 3'6" (1.07 m)
Weight: 90 lbs. (41 kg)
Eyes: Yellow
Hair: Brown Feathers
Race: Mutant Chicken
Religion: Buddhist
Relationships: None
Legal Status: Citizen of the Otomo Shogunate with no criminal record.

Notes:
Just too illustrate how weird and whacky RIFTS can be, here's the M&M3e conversion of one of the only two RIFTS Player Characters that I have ever made that lasted longer than a single one-shot adventure. For most of my life, whenever I've played RIFTS, it was a purely munchkin affair, we'd all pour over the books for several hours fueled by too much caffine, sleep deprevation, and egging each other on to make the stupidest, most over the top monstrosities we could. Then we'd nuke dinosaur-demons for a few hours and call it good.

Then we met Josh.

Josh loved RIFTS. I mean, really and truly, loved RIFTS. In a totally sincecere and non-ironic way. The guy had the RIFTS logo tattoo'd on his leg. Josh is the only person I have ever met who not only knew all the rules to RIFTS backwards and forwards, but he could actually navigate the rulebooks and find you where things were located... He also knew how to run a long term RIFTS campaign. We played Josh's RIFTS game for over two years of weekly games, which was an incredibly long campaign for my group in any system. Let alone RIFTS.

Ondori-Shisho was created by me with my usual "It's RIFTS, make the character a joke, who cares!?" attitude. Using the Mutant Animal random charts from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness and an O.C.C. from RIFTS Japan. So I made a three and a half foot tall chicken, running around with a pair of magic swords, who for no logical reason whatsoever found himself in rural Arkansas... and it turned out to be epic.
Original RIFTS Stats wrote:
Name: Ondori-Shisho
Race: Mutant Animal
O.C.C.: Traditional Samurai Warrior

IQ 18 +5%
ME 12
MA 13
PS 19
PP 27 +5
PE 17
PB 12
Spd 16

SDC +42
P.P.E. PEx2+1d6

Animal Type: Rural, Chicken
Cause of Mutation: Deliberate Experimentation
Organization: Military Organization
Samurai Family: Mere Peasant Farmer

BIO-E POINTS
Base Animal: CHICKEN
Size Level: 3
Length: 8-12"
Weight: 4-10 lbs.
Build: Short
TOTAL BIO-E: 65
Physical Size 3 to 7 (20 BE)
Full Human Hands (10 BE)
Full Upright Biped (0 BE)
Partial Human Looks (5 BE)
Ultra-Violet Vision (20 BE)
Psionics: Sixth-Sense (10 BE)

SKILLS
Climbing 65/55%
Horsemanship [Samurai] 69%
Lore: Demon & Monster 45%
Wilderness Survival 45%
Tracking [People] 35%
Go 45%
Calligraphy 50%
Literacy: Japanese 60%
Languages: Japanese 98%
Languages: English 65%
Languages: Chinese 65%
Mathematics: Basic 65%
Identify Plants/Fruit 40%
Wilderness Survival 45%
Acrobatics ***
- Sense of Balance 75%
- Walk Tightrope 75%
- Climb Rope 95%
- Back Flip 75%
- Basic Prowl 45%
W.P. Daisho --
W.P. Samurai Archery --
W.P. Sword --
W.P. Staff --
W.P. Targeting --
W.P. Iron Fan --
HtH: Zanji Shinjinken-Ryo

COMBAT
Attacks per Melee: 2 (+1 with daisho)
Initiative: +2 (+1 with daisho)
Strike: +0 (+1 with swords, staves, or thrown)
Parry: +1 (+2 with swords or staves)
Dodge: +3
Roll With: +4
Pull Punch: +2 (+3 with daisho)
Damage: +2

Standard Equipment: A suit of magic mega-damage samurai armor and helmet: 100 M.D.C. but is not an environmental suit — created by priests, sorcerers, dragons, passed from generation to generation, captured from oni, or presented as gifts or rewards by the gods. Other gear is minimal, "Samurai" silks or cotton clothing, megadamage body armor and several changes of clothes (kimonos), sandals, a utility belt, backpack, knapsack, 2 canteens, 2D4 days of rations and a quality riding horse. Weapons include a daisho (rune katana and wakizashi), samurai longbow with 20 regular arrows, 6 silver tipped, and 6 magic arrows (more can be acquired later), two additional weapons of choice (usually represent W.P.). Magic weapons are a favorite, but other than the daisho and some arrows, the character starts with none.
Money: 3d4x1000 Credits
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

AGH BATGIRL YOU'RE POSTING THEM TOO FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST

I can't catch up AND keep going with my thread at the same speed! I... I was going to save this guy for another day, but he's just TOO iconic and TOO impressive to risk you beating me to posting him---
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

See, that shit? That shit right there? THAT'S why I love Rifts.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Vagabond

Post by Jabroniville »

VAGABOND NON-SKILLED O.C.C.
Role:
ACTION HOBO, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
PL 3 (29)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 3 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+4)
Technology 2 (+1)
Vehicles 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Equipment 4 (S.D.C. Gun +4, Old Junker Automobile)

Offense:
Unarmed +3 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Gun +2 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +3 (DC 13), Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +2

Complications:
Disabled (Under-Educated)- A huge majority of the human population is now illiterate and under-educated.

Total: Abilities: 18 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 5 (29)

-You can tell that Kevin Siembieda is a "Role-Playing" kind of gamer because of stuff like this- despite Rifts being a setting infamous for Power Geeking & Munchkin-type stuff, the Main Rulebook is full of low-end, low-skilled characters who would desperately need to cheat and scrimp to survive. Case in point, the lowest of the low- the "Vagabond Unskilled" Occupational Character Class. A guy so bad he doesn't even have an MDC weapon or MD armor, and the rules explicitly say they shouldn't have too many skills in any one thing! From the various personalized notes KS has stuck into the books, I absolutely guarantee that this and the Rogue Scholar are things he dreams of playing, not Glitter Boys & Mega-Juicers.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat May 19, 2018 6:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

The ORIGINAL Murder Hobo!

Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I can totally see the appeal of running a campaign with nothing but Vagabonds, Rogue Scientists, and City Rats as being an interesting story... In fact, that’s pretty much what every other Post-Apocalypse RPG is, it’s what most Post-Apocalypse comics, movies, and tv shows are.

I Am Legend? Rogue Scientist versus Vampires.
Road Warrior? Operator versus City Rats.
The Walking Dead? Vagabonds versus zombies.

But RIFTS also includes giant robots, baby dragons, cyber-ninjas, and cyborg tanks as player characters in the core rulebook. Once you add in the supplements, you get superheroes, demi-gods, giant-er giant robots, actual gods, and teenage mutant samurai chicken...

Kinda makes the Rogue Scholar seem boring.