Heroes Unlimited: OOC thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

Re: Heroes Unlimited: OOC thread

Post by MacynSnow »

catsi563 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 1:45 am ive got something coming just need to get the group going on the investigation into Shockwave and the theft Vig will be joining them the hard way ;)
Any hints you can throw my way?
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I have tried to put something together for interlude, but I am not happy with anything I have written. So don't hold up the game for me to post an interlude. If something does work out before you move on I will post it; but don't hold up everyone else waiting for me.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

kenseido wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 4:00 am I have tried to put something together for interlude, but I am not happy with anything I have written. So don't hold up the game for me to post an interlude. If something does work out before you move on I will post it; but don't hold up everyone else waiting for me.
Sometimes writers block can happen,especially for one of these.You have my sympathy....
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Games kind fo held honestly I haven't heard form glyph or Kasius or Shadow and I'm frankly a little worried about them because no word at all. worst case scenario if I haven't heard by Monday ill push ahead and give you guys some back up from the Honor Guard or Avengers.

Alsoa s a side not you dont need Interlude posts if you dont have ro want to do them jsut go ahead and post reactiosn to Elenas presentation and were good.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

catsi563 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 5:00 am Games kind fo held honestly I haven't heard form glyph or Kasius or Shadow and I'm frankly a little worried about them because no word at all. worst case scenario if I haven't heard by Monday ill push ahead and give you guys some back up from the Honor Guard or Avengers.
Looking at their last time on the board and last post is more than a bit concerning. Shadow hasn't posted since January, and the other two have posted since early April. It does get hard to stay invested in the game with the long pauses. I know its RL issues, and I totally get that. I have crap going on right now that is making it hard for me to stay connected to the games I am in.

I think Force Ops is suffering the same thing right now. So many of the players have been out of action for so long that I think they are a bit disconnected from the game.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

kenseido wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 7:32 am
catsi563 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 5:00 am Games kind fo held honestly I haven't heard form glyph or Kasius or Shadow and I'm frankly a little worried about them because no word at all. worst case scenario if I haven't heard by Monday ill push ahead and give you guys some back up from the Honor Guard or Avengers.
Looking at their last time on the board and last post is more than a bit concerning. Shadow hasn't posted since January, and the other two have posted since early April. It does get hard to stay invested in the game with the long pauses. I know its RL issues, and I totally get that. I have crap going on right now that is making it hard for me to stay connected to the games I am in.

I think Force Ops is suffering the same thing right now. So many of the players have been out of action for so long that I think they are a bit disconnected from the game.
I would up suffering from a bunch of rl stuff hitting me at ounce.It got so hectic that i forgot to post for awhile in Merge:Agents&Powers.Now i'm so far behind,i don't know where to jump in.....

There's a couple of options that could be done,from what i see:
--temporarily NPC the missing people's heroes.It's a bit jerky,but with such a long distance between posts the game has to keep going somehow(i've had to do something like this before in RL tabletop games just to keep it moving)
--Run an "Annual",a short adventure that has nothing to do with the main plot,but can lead into it by the end.It's a little more work on Cat's part,but it keeps the available players involved in their PC's and doesn't run the risk of offending the other players if you npc their characters.

Now again,this is what I see as the available options.There might be more out there i'm not seeing.....
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Sorry. I am still alive! I didn't realize it'd been that long since I'd posted. I'll get something up tomorrow.
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Kaisius wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 2:53 am Sorry. I am still alive! I didn't realize it'd been that long since I'd posted. I'll get something up tomorrow.
It's cool.Is everthing alright?
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Oh, I'm fine, I was just waiting for someone else to start off. My bad.
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

No worries Kas just glad youre ok.

Ill keep Tony NPCd and ready for when Dragon returns, well go from there
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ok,just put my first reply/post up and it should be(at least in my biased opinion) properly Grim&Gritty Kotter-like...:)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Also,in celebration of me joining the group,i have put together a playlist of song's i think would work for each character.I'm always up for changing said song...Enjoy! :D

Group Song: Legendary by Welshly Arms

INDIVIDUAL SONGS
Dragonfyre: Cry Thunder by Dragonforce
Hornet: Pieces Of The People We Love by The Rapture
Magnus Errant: Grave Digger by Blues Saraceno
Photon: My Silver Lining by First Aid Kit
Prism: Up the Wolves by The Mountain Goats
Vigilante: Whatever It Takes by Imagine Dragon's

PAIRED SONGS
Vigilante/Dragonfyre: I Won't Back Down by Tom Petty
Vigilante/Hornet: Shoot To Thrill by AC/DC
Vigilante/Magnus Errant: Personal Jesus by Depeche Mode
Vigilante/Photon: Dark Cloud by Dominic Marsh, Johnny Jones
Vigilante/Prism: Maps by Maroon 5

Again enjoy! :D
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Cat,you there?
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Hey guys Ive been doing some thinking and much as I hate to do it, it looks like im gonna have to put HU on Hiatus. Weve been going for a long time all the way back to the 2nd eds ATT, and its been a blast all the way but things change weve been Hemorrhaging players and interest just seems to have wained. No ones heard from Shadow in a while and that worries me, Tmans busy though we both spoke about some fun subplots for Hornet we wanted to explore, Macys been a shot in the arm I wanted to push on because of your contribution, Kasius I was looking forward to Magus exploring the Mystic side of things that I set up in HU. kens been with us since the beginning in one form or the other. but just bowed out.

Weve had other players that came and went all great people and characters and part of the story. But much as I want to keep rolling theres been no interaction from anyone save Macys fight which was to lead to the teams meeting him.

As a preview of what was planned for the Future.

Manticore - the team faces a terror that escaped from one of Vipers labs
Hero Hunt - heroes start getting hunted by villains for points, this turns out to be a plot by the Usurper to remove opposition for a grand scheme
Usurpation - The Usurper launches a scheme to take the world over can the team stop him in time?
Four Horsemen - Anubis finally launches his ultimate scheme having broken the four seals and unleashes his master the Monstrous King Sphinx

Interlude - Meeting at Sanctuary where the team witnesses a meeting of Superpowers between Usurper King Sphinx and other super villains

Terror -King sphinx begins his own plans for world domination from Cuba where the super villain Terror rules with an iron fist
Gold Dragon - the villain golden rule steals a massive gold dragon treasure what plans does he have?
Titanothere - the team faces off against the ultimate powerhouse
Night of Villainy - the heroes face off against villains in a race to recover mystic artifacts with a twist of an ending
Escape the vault - the team is in prison can they escape in time to prove their innocence
Day of heroes Facing off against Usurpers own team Conquest the team must take down the enemy

interlude - Riddle of the sphinx the team does some digging to find their foes weakness world tour begins as a prophecy sets them off on a world spanning adventure

Facets of evil - Facet returns in force and this tiem they mean business
Genocide -the meta human hating group decides to end the team in a permanent fashion with a terrifying new weapon
Cold War - The team travels to Canada to prevent the Sphinx from awakening an ancient evil Alpha Flight guest stars as the team finds one part fo a key
Destiny - Alpha flight and the Protectors team up to stop Destiny from activating a WMD on US soil
Red Doom - the team travels to Russia to stop a terrorist and gain part of a key to the Sphinxes defeat.
the PYramid - in the world tour conclusion the team must engage King sphinx with aid form an unlikely ally

World War sphinx the finale of the series the Sphinx is all powerful and must be stopped but how?
The team travels to another world over a series of chapters to defeat the monster and break his new god like powers

Also a crossover was planned where Atlantis attacks after a mysterious terrorist incident implicates the surface world in an act of war.

those are just some of the highlights planned. maybe one day well revisit the story and see what happens. Until then I look forward to playing with all of you in any games were already together in, and I want you guys to know how much fun its been. I also want you to know that you all have priority and would be welcome in any future games i start up. Which I will be doing.

thanks again everyone for everything. :)

As a side note if you guys want to continue let me know ok we can always recruit and try to get things going again.

Catsi stories
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Sad to hear this. I was under the impression we were letting Macy have an introductory story bit, but I can understand why you're doing a hiatus.

Plus I'm having issues logging on with my laptop currently (posting this by phone) so I can't do much currently anyways.

Stiil, HU was tons of fun! Tanks for having Hornet.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!