Jab’s Builds! (Shingen! Leather & Lace! The Lunatic Legion!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab's Builds! (Tuxedo Mask! Sailors Uranus & Neptune! Sailor Pluto!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

I swear, some of these goofy monsters look like they'd belong more in one of the goofier Power Rangers/Super Sentai seasons than Sailor Moon.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

KorokoMystia wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 12:28 pm I swear, some of these goofy monsters look like they'd belong more in one of the goofier Power Rangers/Super Sentai seasons than Sailor Moon.
It's seriously the weirdest thing, especially as this is the most serious season the show ever did. I still remember reading reviews twenty years ago about how weird the "Elephant Vacuum Cleaner" villain was. Granted, the show'd had some goofy baddies before (the "Winged Angel/Boxer" guy in the first season is a big one), but it seemed like ALL of these guys were wacky. Meanwhile, Hotaru's out there being CREEPY AS HELL WITH SATANIC POWERS.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:07 pm
KorokoMystia wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 12:28 pm I swear, some of these goofy monsters look like they'd belong more in one of the goofier Power Rangers/Super Sentai seasons than Sailor Moon.
It's seriously the weirdest thing, especially as this is the most serious season the show ever did. I still remember reading reviews twenty years ago about how weird the "Elephant Vacuum Cleaner" villain was. Granted, the show'd had some goofy baddies before (the "Winged Angel/Boxer" guy in the first season is a big one), but it seemed like ALL of these guys were wacky. Meanwhile, Hotaru's out there being CREEPY AS HELL WITH SATANIC POWERS.
This is one of the few area where, I think the manga worked better, most of the monsters looked genuinly scary.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Jabroniville

Eudial

Post by Jabroniville »

EUDIAL
Dub Name:
Eugeal
Name Translation: Eudialyte, a rare mineral found in alkaline igneous rocks
Role: Ongoing General
Main Uniform Colour: Red & Black
Hair Colour: Red
PL 12 (144)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 7 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+7)
Deception 5 (+8)
Persuasion 2 (+5)
Insight 6 (+9)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Investigation 3 (+6)
Expertise (Science) 7 (+14)
Perception 5 (+8)
Ranged Attack (Flames) 4 (+10)
Stealth 2 (+6)
Technology 8 (+15)

Advantages:
Improved Aim, Improved Initiative, Inventor, Ranged Attack 2, Taunt

Powers:
"Flame Buster" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [18]
Blast 14 (Feats: Improved Critical) (29) -- (30 points)
  • AE: "Fire Burst" Damage 10 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (20)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Flame Buster +10 (+14 Ranged Damage, DC 29)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +5, Fortitude +7, Will +7

Complications:
Responsibility (The Witches Five)- The Witches Five are to make the Earth ready for the arrival of Mistress 9 and Pharaoh 90.
Rivalry (Mimete)- The ambitious Mimete schemes to replace Eudial as the one in charge.

Total: Abilities: 78 / Skills: 48--24 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 18 / Defenses: 18 (144)

-Eudial was an odd choice for a second "General", as she has the same color scheme as Kaolinite, whom she replaced. Odder still is that she's the first seen of the Witches 5, who are not mentioned until Kaolinite is killed, yet are just supposed to take over. I wasn't that taken with the character, finding her a bit bland and generic, so imagine my surprise when research revealed that in the West, she is BY FAR the most popular of the Witches 5, to the point where fans despised Mimete for killing her off.

-It turns out that Eudial's practicality and successes make her popular, and she has just enough quirks to be funny as well. See, while many Generals are possessed of tremendous personal flaws (Jadeite's cowardice, Zoisite's vanity, Esmerald's arrogance, Kunzite's squabbling with Endymion, etc.), Eudial was just there to do her job and do it quickly. That she was a crazy driver (a recurring gag featured her driving her van out of all kinds of bizarre places, sending pedestrians scurrying for cover) and carried around a frickin' needle-gun that blasted out a Heart-Stealing burst of energy made it all the better. Or the time she left a taunting message on Sailor Uranus's answering machine, but kept getting interrupted by the tape running out.

-Eudial's mission is again to seek out Pure Hearts for the Death Busters' mission in finding the Holy Grail. But unlike Kaolinite, SHE SUCCEEDS- she lures in Sailors Uranus & Neptune to a secret base full of friggin' DEATHTRAPS (since when do Sailor Moon villains act like Batman Rogues? SINCE NOW, BITCHES!), has them gunned down by blasters stuck in the walls, then casually blows out the Pure Heart of Neptune, unleashing one of the Talismans trapped within. This effectively defeats both girls- something Kaolinite could never accomplish. This, plus the fact that she once built a flamethrower that could deflect Sailor Moon's Killer Attack, makes her popular with many.

-Eudial, who also deals with the non-Moon Sailors by a floor covered with ooze, is only beaten by plot contrivances- the last-minute save of Sailor Pluto, who debuts as a fighter here. With both the Sword and the Mirror revealed within the two Sailors, Pluto unleashes the third from her Garnet Rod, and forms the Holy Grail! Eudial blasts away at everyone with fire, but Sailor Moon jumps up and grabs it, becoming Super Sailor Moon- a more powerful form- and blows Eudial away.

-Eudial promises revenge, but as she's driving away in her trademark van, she's taunted by her rival and subordinate, Mimete ("the next in line" of the Death Busters organization), who reveals that she CUT THE BRAKES- an act which sends Eudial crashing off the road and falling into the ocean. This is actually the only mundane death a villain every suffered in this show, as everyone else is blasted by Magical Attacks- Eudial dies by CAR ACCIDENT. This is the first time a Death Buster moved ahead by killing her predecessor, but not the last.

-Honestly, I felt Eudial was a bit boring. She's wacky in some instances (there's a great bit where she interrupts Sailor Chibi-Moon's "Trademark Sailor Speech", and the thing with the phone message), but most of what we know about her is that she's mean and evil. She has some outgoing circumstances, and her anger is pretty funny, but to me, she faltered between the more menacing Kaolinite and the hilarious Mimete. That said... her competence is rather astounding. If the villains weren't so dumb and always fought solo, she would have probably won the day for the Death Busters in her base full of deathtraps.

-Eudial is a very, VERY dangerous fighter, and a brilliant inventor. The very fact that someone can build a device to counter SAILOR MOON'S attacks is friggin' terrifying. It's just a handheld Flamethrower! And it beats the "Heart Attack" special! The Flamethower acts as an Area Attack, which is dangerous on relatively low-toughness girls like the Sailors, so she can effectively handle a whole squadron of fighters by herself, as long as she has Prep-Time.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu May 17, 2018 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I feel like much was missed and my feelings on Sailor Moon were construed as me not liking it because it's a 'girl's show', even though I even mocked the whole thing and myself by admitting my love for the Starlight Angel segment of Robot Carnival.

I also owned a Popple like Jab.

I'm just not a fan of Sailor Moon. I mean to each their own. Also, there was to be Kaiju and I'm ALLLLLLLLLLLL about Kaiju.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

I really liked Sailor Moon when I was young, but I don't really remember much about it for some reason, so I had to fill in the blanks using the synopses provided. I'm enjoying the builds, at any rate. Oh yeah, and I recall reading that the manga explained the reason the Bigger Bads were all so similar is because they were all incarnations of the true final villain, Chaos. And that Daimon who forgets the lyrics to her song sounds hillarious. It's hard to tell since she never uses it, but her power'd probably be a Auditory Perception Area Damage effect, but Unreliable (roll to see if it works) because of her forgetting the lyrics.
Last edited by KorokoMystia on Wed May 16, 2018 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

I've actually never seen an episode of Sailor Moon (do any of the streaming services even show it?), but from what I've seen I think I'd be a fan of Sailor Jupiter. :D
Formerly luketheduke86
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

L-Space wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 10:21 pm I've actually never seen an episode of Sailor Moon (do any of the streaming services even show it?), but from what I've seen I think I'd be a fan of Sailor Jupiter. :D
I know it's on Hulu, but that's America-only last I checked, so I can't watch it that way.
Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

Sailor Moon is, to be fair, basically a Sentai series with more miniskirts.

I mean, colour-coded heroes with transformation devices, dramatic poses, signature weapons, and a single central villain who accosts them with monsters of the week?
Formerly known as Narsil on the ATT and Ronin Army forums.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Scots Dragon wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 10:57 pm
Sailor Moon is, to be fair, basically a Sentai series with more miniskirts.

I mean, colour-coded heroes with transformation devices, dramatic poses, signature weapons, and a single central villain who accosts them with monsters of the week?
This is pretty true. Of course, that means stuff like Precure basically follows the same formula. As much as I love Sentai, the most recent Kamen Rider seasons, Ex-Aid and Build have been really good, as far as I've seen, too.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

KorokoMystia wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 10:29 pm
L-Space wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 10:21 pm I've actually never seen an episode of Sailor Moon (do any of the streaming services even show it?), but from what I've seen I think I'd be a fan of Sailor Jupiter. :D
I know it's on Hulu, but that's America-only last I checked, so I can't watch it that way.
Looks like its on Crunchyroll too.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

It’s not “basically” a sentai series, it is a sentsi series. Probably one of the most iconic examples of the genre outside of the Super Sentai franchise, certainly the most famous in the animated medium.

There had been many magical girls, before Sailor Moon. They transformed into pretty clothes and granted wishes (that generally went humorously wrong), or transformed into duplicates of their older sisters to find out if the boy that they had a crush on liked them. Pure Shoujo.

And there were superhero shows and superhero team shows. Some of them even had a token female character that wasn't a stay-at-home love interest.

And then there was Sailor Moon, in which the clumsy, awkward girl who had the hopeless crush on the cute-but-unattainable guy teamed up with her BFFs and blows the living crap out of demons with their magical powers.

Nobody else had done this before.

It was groundbreaking.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Mimete

Post by Jabroniville »

MIMETE
Dub Name:
Mimet
Name Translation: Mimetite, a yellow mineral
Role: BEST GENERAL EVER, Miss Fanservice, Idol-Chaser
Main Uniform Colour: Black & Yellow
Hair Colour: Auburn
PL 11 (121)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+7)
Deception 7 (+11)
Persuasion 4 (+8)
Insight 6 (+9)
Intimidation 2 (+6)
Investigation 2 (+5)
Expertise (Science) 2 (+4)
Perception 3 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+6)
Technology 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Improved Aim, Ranged Attack 6, Taunt

Powers:
"Charm Buster" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [19]
Affliction 6 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Ranged, Area- 120ft. Burst +3) (30) -- (31 points)
  • AE: "Star Blaster" Blast 12 (24)
Offense:
Star Blaster +10 (+12 Ranged Damage, DC 27)
Charm Buster +6 Area (+6 Ranged Affliction, DC 16)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +5

Complications:
Responsibility (The Witches Five)- The Witches Five are to make the Earth ready for the arrival of Mistress 9 and Pharaoh 90.
Rivalry (Tellu)- The ambitious Mimete schemes to keep Tellu from replacing her, but Tellu has murder in her mind.
Obsession (Handsome Young Men)- Mimete is wildly unprofessional, targetting only pretty boys, and even prepares to give up her career over one.

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 19 / Defenses: 15 (121)

-Mimete is the ABSOLUTE FREAKING BEST, and I will fight anyone who disagrees.

-It's funny, because I just loved the character, and was shocked to discover that many American fans hated her, largely because she was a screw-up who killed off the most successful General ever (Eudial). But she's HILARIOUS- arguably the silliest General yet. Also, she's short, busty, acts like a goof, and wears Nerd Glasses.

-Mimete debuts as the second Witches 5 member seen, taunting Eudial that she's about to replace her, while pranking her using snails and tacks (the snails are a reference to Eudieal's van, which are said to be snail-shaped in Japan). When Eudial flees the scene of her latest failure, Mimete taunts her with the fact that she CUT THE BRAKES, sending Eudial to a screaming death off the edge of a cliff. Mimete is now our "Main General".

-However, Mimete is a bit... different. In that she's a boy-crazy weirdo who can't invent anything, and simply uses the gear of others. The first time in charge, she actually falls in love with a handsome movie actor, saying "Now, before I take out your Pure Heart and KILL YOU, you have to taste these cakes I made for you!", then being outraged when another fangirl interrupts her. She later cries real tears, begging for him to "Please forget me!", implying he's in love with her. In another episode, she and Minako are rivals in a contest to see how can perform with an Idol Singer in his next film... and instead of hating each other, MAKE FRIENDS because both are wearing his rarest gear, marking them as "True Fans". And then Mimete heads to later rounds, which makes her GIVE UP VILLAINY, as she quits the Death Busters. In a magnificent moment, she says "I was never cut out for villainy anyway!", and the camera cuts to a memorial locker to Eudial, the woman she freaking murdered three episodes earlier! However, as soon as she fails to get enough audience applause to make the movie, she goes "AHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH!!! THIS WAS ALL MY PLAN!", revealing her "ruse" and attacking everyone, then stealing the Idol's Pure Heart.

-When Professor Tomoe suggests to Mimete "You're not just targetting men you find handsome, are you?", the manipulative little minx perfects the "Cry So You Can Win" argument-style, bawling loudly to draw sympathy, and then, in a beautiful bit, PAUSES TO LOOK AT HIM to check if he's moved or still paying attention, and then gets her way. And then she plays friggin' TWISTER with the other Witches, with a lingering shot of her slowly raising and lowering her bare leg. And when she gets a mission, the PROFESSOR takes over her spot. God these villains were weird.

-After numerous failures (and the time she threatened everything by breaking the Professor's Daimon-Creating Oven and sending them into an alternate dimension), she is set up to be replaced by Tellu. Lying to Tellu in order to keep her job, Mimete uses a machine Eudial had invented, drawing her into cyberspace, where she tries to gain great power. However, there's something she didn't know, and Tellu does- she points out that Eudial never USED the device because of a peculiar drawback, and ignores a DESPERATE Mimete's screams, unplugging the machine and trapping her forever inside the monitor. Mimete's "PLEASE! I DON'T WANT TO DIE IN HERE! I DON'T WANT TO DIE" (slightly different dialogue than in the subtitles, which are more just generic pleading) is pretty horrifying. And that's the end for Mimete. She was a lot of fun, but her last bunch of episodes treated her more like filler. 

-Mimete's cute "Hot Scientist" visual, her insane personality, her affection for handsome men (she ignores a plain-looking gardener and goes after Mamoru instead one time), and her completely disaffected way of going about her duties, made her one of my favorite villains ever. She was popular in Japan, too, earning the title of "Most Popular Death Buster" in the all-important "Weekly Popularity Polls". They got the most use out of her in her first bunch of episodes, which are hilarious- nearly quitting the Death Busters because of an Idol Singer rides high in the list of "dumb things a villain did".

But really, all of Mimete's greatness is explained by this single, unedited GIF from the show:

Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Tellu

Post by Jabroniville »

TELLU (aka Ruru Telluno)
Dub Name:
Tellulu
Name Translation: Tellurite, a rare oxide metal
Role: One-Off General
Main Uniform Colour: Green
Hair Colour: Lime green
PL 10 (170)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+7)
Deception 7 (+11)
Persuasion 4 (+8)
Insight 6 (+9)
Intimidation 2 (+6)
Investigation 3 (+6)
Expertise (Science) 7 (+12)
Perception 5 (+8)
Ranged Attack (Snare) 4 (+10)
Stealth 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Improved Aim, Improved Initiative, Inventor, Ranged Attack 2, Taunt

Powers:
"Vine Attack" Snare 10 (Feats: Reversible, Tether) Linked to Blast 8 [48]

Offense:
Vine Attack +10 (+10 Ranged Damage & Affliction, DC 25 & 20)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +5, Fortitude +7, Will +7

Complications:
Rivalry (Mimete)- The ambitious Mimete schemes to keep Tellu from replacing her, but Tellu has murder in her mind.

Total: Abilities: 76 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 48 / Defenses: 18 (170)

-Tellu, infamously, is one of the "One-Shot" Generals of the Witches 5 in Sailor Moon S. She debuts in Mimete's final episode, as Mimete discovers she's about to be replaced due to lack of results. She schemes to imitate Professor Tomoe and connives her way into one last mission, but makes the mistake of signing off with a "Ta-ta" like signature, which the Professor would never say. Tellu, wise to the deal, arrives and the site of the battle, and brags to Mimete (who's now entered a video screen, boosting her power tremendously) that the device she's using has a major drawback. And despite a horrified Mimete's pleas, Tellu says "Ta-ta, fool", unplugging the device and trapping Mimete forever within the machine.

-Tellu is thus the new General... for a single episode. Her plan is to harvest NUMEROUS Pure Hearts at once, rather than just one at a time, like Mimete was doing. She thus creates the "Tellun Flower", which will bloom and steal the Pure Heart of the owner, feeding them to Mistress 9 and awakening her power. Sailor Pluto gets wise to her plan, and leads Sailors Moon & Chibi-Moon to the flower shop. When Sailor Moon wipes out the Tellun Flowers, Tellu freaks out and creates the "Hyper Tellun", which is designed to latch onto a Pure Heart and then explode. And leave it to Tuxedo Mask to save the day- he disarms Tellu of her "Pure Heart Holder", which scatters Pure Hearts all over the place. The Hyper Tellun thus detects this, grabs HER, and despite her attempts at blasting it, it explodes, taking her with it. Her anguished death-screams in the original Japanese are QUITE harsh.

-This "One Episode Wonder" is one I'd heard about from WAY back in my original Sailor Moon fandom, as the fans made the Witches 5 out to be VERY conniving and dangerous- the fact that they betrayed each other always stuck with me. That two received long stretches of focus, while one died quickly, seemed really unexpected and interesting. Her design was very good, if a bit similar to Esmeraude from Sailor Moon R, and the Evil Plant Lady thing was unique. In the manga, she lasts about as long (oddly, the Witches 5 are the only enemies in the series to be "One-Shots" like they were in the manga- most others get a LOT more focus!), and is the counterpart to Sailor Jupiter, who was focused more around wood/nature than her anime counterpart was. She was the gym teacher and keeper of the botanical gardens at Mugen Academy. Here, she is destroyed by Pluto's "Dead Scream" attack.

-Tellu is a bit tricky to assess, given her short-lived tenure on the show- her most-successful attack one-offs Sailor Pluto, but that was a case of "Interpose" at work. Who knows how she'd be in a pitched battle? She's bright like most of the other Witches, and that power is a great Snare/Blast combination that can wipe out just about any of the low-Toughness Sailors, though.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Also, hot diggety damn, check out one of the GameFaqs pages for a Samurai Shodown character I've never heard of: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/arcade/58 ... i/faqs/815

Now THAT's a bio I can build a character from! That is a LOT of detail, right down to the special moves! I hope they ALL look like this- makes things a lot easier.

Fighter's History is still the next Fighting Game I'm building, though- it's smaller and easier :).