J-Mart OG: Closed for a new location!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: J-Mart: LADIES WEEK! Lady Shiva, Lady Vic, Lady Bullseye, Starhawk

Post by Jabroniville »

Ooh, an EVIL Starhawk? Interesting!

I think everyone kinda liked Starhawk best out of that squad, and for good reason... Starhawk was far and away the COOLEST-LOOKING member of that entire team! And when you're a kid, looking awesome is a hundred times more important than any other dumb thing :).
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

I loved the original Starhawk--he is much more powerful than most people realize---mostly because most people are unfamiliar with him. I agree--he did have a cool look, Jab!

I don't like lady Starhawk.
Bladewind

Re: 331 - Starhawk

Post by Bladewind »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 2:02 am Build Comments: I used to read Guardians of the Galaxy a lot when I was a kid with the original crew and I always liked Starhawk, even though I never really got him, er, her, er The One Who Knows. Complicated backstory, complex character but intriguing nonetheless. However, I always thought that Starhawk would be better as a villain than a hero. So that’s how she is the Thorpacoverse. Aleta’s personality has risen to be the dominant one, surpressing Stakar deep in her psyche and is now out to do what she believes is her destiny; to bring order, HER order, to the universe.
I always like Stakar - the whole notion of a character reliving his life in a continuous loop, hence being the one who knows.

Your take is a natural evolution of the character I think, giving him/ her purpose beyond being omniscient about all things that he`s participated in. There`s always the concept - if going with the time loop aspect of the the One Who Knows - that he occasionally tries things to break the cycle and the current situation is a result of that. Eventually, the character will die and will start again with this new knowledge.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I'll have some new stuff up shortly, this week was nuts as the oldest Young Thorpocalypse wraps up high school. This last week of choir and band concerts and the other Young Thorpocalypse's 8th grade formal have kept me busy, along with traveling to check on the Odinthorpe last weekend AND we had to buy a car so I got sit in a dealership until almost 10 PM Monday night. Lord, I hate buying a car. This was actually one of the easiest processes we've ever had and it still sucked. :x

But after a few pre-Mother's Day things I need to take care of, I'll drop some stuff later today and tomorrow as energy permits.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

332 - Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the J-Mart Customer's mothers and all the mothers that shop at the world's #1 discount build store!

Uh, boss...I don't think there is another discount build store...

And that's why we're #1, Dante! And let's celebrate this holiday with a build that celebrates the wonder of motherhood! Check her out on Aisle 2!

It's funny. I've been trying so hard for normal. Quit the Avengers. Moved into the office. Started this street-level thing with Urich. And well... try as I might. Normal has eluded the Spider-Woman. But this little guy here. Maybe he's got a shot at it. Maybe I can give him normal. - Spider-Woman

SPIDER-WOMAN (JESSICA DREW)
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: -; DPL: 10; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 5-10
Weight: 130
Eyes: Green
Hair: Brown (sometimes dyed Black)
Skin: Fair
Race: Human Mutate
Identity: Public
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: New York, NY, USA
Team Affiliations: Avengers; SHIELD; JLAXI

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 9, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+15) [Agile Feint], Athletics 3 (+11), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+11), Deception 8 (+10/+12) [Attractive], Expertise [Spy] 6 (+8), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation 4 (+6), Investigation 6 (+8), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 5 (+7/+9) [Attractive], Sleight of Hand 2 (+7), Stealth 4 (+13), Technology 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Attractive (1), Benefit (2) (SHIELD Clearance, HYDRA Contacts), Defensive Roll (1), Evasion (1), Languages (3) (Korean, Russian, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, 4 others, Base: English), Move-by Action, Ranged Attack (4), Set-Up (1)

POWERS:
Immunities: Immunity 5 (Radiation Effects), Immunity 2 (Toxins, Flaw: Must be exposed to toxin first); 6 pts
Spider Movement: 7 pt Array; 8 pts
Does Almost What Spider-Man Can: Movement 2 (Wall Crawling 2 [Normal Speed]), Leaping 2 (30 ft), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr); 7 pts
Web Wings: Flight 4 (32 mph/500 fpr; Flaw: Gliding); 1 pt

Pheromones: Perception Area Reaction Affliction 4 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Reaction [To entering area of effect], Flaw: Limited [to Two Degrees], Limited [to only pleasure in men, fear in women], Sense Dependent [Scent]); 8 pts
Venom Blasts: 20 pt Array; 21 pts
Venom Blast: Ranged Bio-Electric Energy Damage 10; 20 pts
Stun Blast: Ranged Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +11 [Unarmed +8]
Ranged Attack +10 [Venom Blast +10; Stun Blast Affliction +10]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC21] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8 (+7 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: HYDRA?
Relationships: She is, of course, very protective of her son and she has become close friends with her PI partner Ben Urich and her mentee (and babysitter) Roger Gocking, The Porcupine. She is very loyal to Nick Fury and is good friends with Carol Danvers, Patsy Walker and Bobbi Morse.
Reputation: Double agent? Is she with SHIELD? Or HYDRA? Or is she the Skrull Queen? Can anyone trust her INCLUDING herself?

Abilities 88 + Skills 29 (58 ranks) + Advantages 16 + Powers 44 + Defenses 11 = 188 / 188

Build Comments: I was never much of a Spider-Woman fan until the Secret Invasion when Bendis used one of his faves as the form for the Skrull Queen. I still don’t think her being chosen as the one form she could take that would do the most harm is very accurate (I think Sue Storm, Storm, Ms. Marvel or Black Widow could easily have been better choices from a pure Marvel hero tactical standpoint) but she was in a good place to move the story along.

My respect for her grew again when I picked up the trade of her book where she was pregnant. It was a great family book. The story was driven by her pregnancy but the inclusion of Ben Urich and The Porcupine as her private investigative team was great. Dennis Hopeless made The F’n Porcupine a fun character as the formed loser villain and single dad. Oh, and babysitting to Jessica’s son. I highly recommend it because it provides something comics tend to forget these days quite frequently; fun.

In my setting, she is part time with the Justice League/Avengers teams and is still working for Nick Fury whenever needed, but she’s mainly focused on working with Ben and Roger and taking care of her son.

Secret Origins: Jonathan and Miriam Drew were scientists who were trying to splice and harness spiders' environmental adaptive capabilities, in order to graft them into the human genome. Their research was funded by HYDRA, and their direct liaison/financier from the group was a General Wyndham. They moved to Wundagore Mountain prior to Jessica's conception, as they were advised by Wyndham but this caused his partner, Miles Warren, to finally decide to leave the project. He had long felt that there was more potential in experimenting with the cloning of human cells and the movement of their lab confirmed his decision to leave.

Jessica was born some time after they had moved to Wundagore. Jessica's powers derived from her mother's womb being hit by a laser beam containing the DNA traits of several different species of spiders while she was carrying Jessica. Afterwards, she was raised by her nanny Bova (who was human in appearance), as well as her mother.

The Story so Far: After Jessica's parents disappeared under mysterious circumstances, Jessica was recruited into HYDRA, under false pretenses, where she was brainwashed and made into a formidable fighter and assassin. She was trained and mentored by Taskmaster, who schooled her in many martial disciplines and more than seven different fighting styles.

Going by the name Spider-Woman, Jessica was ordered to abduct Alicia Masters, who was vacationing in London. During the resultant conflict with Masters’ boyfriend Ben Grimm, she recovered from her brainwashing and joined him in saving Masters. She and Grimm then encountered Modred the Mystic, who removed HYDRA's memory implants and restored her memories.

Jessica moved into an apartment in London, but found it impossible to get a job due to her complete lack of background and her tendency to inspire dislike and even fear in other people. Eventually she was approached by the mysterious sorcerer Magnus, who offered help. After defending him from Excaliber, who had been sent by Morgan Le Fay to recover the Darkhold, he suggested she relocate with him to Los Angeles. Magnus tutored her in the ways of civilization and informed her that her father had been murdered, leading her on a hunt for his killer that brought her into conflict with the criminals, the Brothers Grimm. With help from SHIELD agent Jerry Hunt, she identified her father's murderer, who died immediately after confessing.

Jessica had a number of adventures afterwards, meeting Spider-Man and joining the Avengers for a time. One day, her powers began to fail and she took time off from being a superhero and became a licensed private investigator and helped fellow PI Jessica Jones on a couple of cases. They became good friends from the experience.

One day, a HYDRA agent attacked her and offered her powers back if she would rejoin S.H.I.E.L.D. as a double agent. Knowing he would kill her if she said no, Jessica agreed and contacted Nick Fury, who confronted her securely and urged her to accept the offer. He told Jessica that he would feed her limited info until S.H.I.E.L.D. could analyze the HYDRA cell and then use the info to take it down.

Jessica's double-agent status was cause for a great deal of mistrust between herself and others. After Nick Fury is ousted as head of S.H.I.E.L.D., Jessica is confronted by the new director, Maria Hill, about her loyalties. Jessica remained loyal to Fury rather than the leadership in S.H.I.E.L.D. She also had conflicts with her teammates in the Avengers because of her divided loyalties.

It is later revealed that the Jessica who had joined the Avengers and was acting as a double-agent under the command of Nick Fury was not Jessica Drew at all, but instead a Skrull imposter. When she went undercover to regain her lost powers, she was ambushed by the Skrulls and replaced by their current Queen Veranke, who took her place in the New Avengers and assumed her role as Fury's spy, in preparation for the upcoming Invasion. In the climactic battle of the event, Veranke was killed by Norman Osborn, setting him up to be put in charge of America’s security.

After the defeat of the Skrulls, Jessica is revealed to be alive when Iron Man found a Skrull ship in orbit with all the replaced heroes. Carol Danvers runs up to her and gives her a hug. Unaware of Queen Veranke's actions, Jessica asks why the other heroes have been giving her strange looks, to which Carol responds that "No one knows what to think."

After proving herself to everyone again, she got back to a “normal” superhero life again. But she felt unfulfilled. So Jessica got pregnant via artificial insemination, but continued her crime fighting life, enlisting Ben Urich and the Porcupine to help with her investigations while she was on the sidelines. She was invited by Captain Marvel to visit a maternity ward run by Alpha Flight, but the hospital was taken over by Skrulls. Jessica hatched a plan with the other mothers in the maternity ward and together, they defeated the Skrulls. However, when she called Carol for assistance, Carol revealed that the maternity ward was in fact inside a black hole. The fight with the Skrulls continued, Jessica winning by a large margin. Before she could finish them off, however, she unexpectedly went into labor. She had an emergency C-Section, and just seconds after the procedure was completed and she was handed her new baby boy, she got up from the operating table and defeated the last wave of Skrulls. Carol arrived just in time for Jessica to collapse from the immense postoperative pain she was experiencing.

Jessica returned to her apartment to care for her newborn baby. She tried to go out with Carol, Clint, Patsy, and Jennifer, her friends, on multiple occasions, but all she could think about was her baby at home with the babysitter (Roger, who was in reality more than equipped to handle the child). She complained to Carol that she couldn't think about returning to superheroics now that another life depended on her. In the end, she concluded that the best thing she could do for her baby would be to show him how to be a hero.

Characterization: Jessica has been called “the most screwed over woman in the world”. Between her time with HYDRA and double agent status, very few people trust her even though she has proven herself time and again to be an excellent superhero. Plus, her body exudes a high concentration of pheromones which elicit pleasure in men while repulsing women, though she uses a chemical "perfume" that can nullify this effect.

Jessica has lost and regained her powers more than once, but since her return from Skrull captivity, her powers were restored greater than ever.

Friends and Foes: Her closest friends are Carol Danvers, Jessica Jones-Cage and Clint Barton. She also has the support of Nick Fury but she and Maria Hill and Amanda Waller have never seen eye-to-eye. She is also now close to her partners Ben Urich and Roger Gocking, the Porcupine, and of course, she dearly loves her infant son.

Her relationship with HYDRA remains complicated. She still works to take them down, but there are factions within HYDRA that want to bring her back into the fold.
Thorpocalypse

333 - Emma Frost

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Our HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY SPECIAL continues with this new item that kicks off a run of X-Verse Line!

And, yes, I am a massive snob, and there was no need for you all to think it at once. - Emma Frost

EMMA FROST
PL12

OPL: 12; SPL: -; DPL: 10; FWPL: 10; HP: 1
Height: 5-10
Weight: 144
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde
Skin: Fair
Race: Mutant
Identity: Public
Alignment: Neutral
Occupation: Instructor, Xavier's School for the Gifted; Adventurer
Base of Operations: Westchester, NY, USA
Team Affiliations: X-Men; The Cabal

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1 [9], STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 9, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+5), Athletics 2 (+3/+11), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+7), Deception 5 (+10/+15) [Attractive 2, Daze, Taunt], Expertise [Business] 5 (+10), Insight 7 (+16), Intimidation 5 (+10), Perception 6 (+15), Persuasion 5 (+10/+15) [Attractive 2, Daze], Stealth (+2), Technology 8 (+13)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (2), Benefit (4) (Wealth 2 [Independently Wealthy], Status 2 – Hellfire Club Membership), Daze (2) (Deception, Persuasion), Languages (2) (French, 4 others, Base: English), Set-Up (1), Taunt, Trance

POWERS:
Mental Link: Senses 1 (Communication Link [Mental, Cyclops]); 1 pt
Mind Shield: Enhanced Will 4 (Extra: Impervious 4, Flaw: Limited [Mental Powers only], Sustained); 4 pts
Aura Reading: Senses 4 (Detect Emotional and Physical State [Visual, Mental], Ranged); 4 pts
Mental Detection: Senses 6 (Detect Minds [Mental], Accurate, Acute, Ranged); 6 pts
Psionic Powers: 50 pt Dynamic Array; 66 pts
Mind Control: Perception Ranged Cumulative Affliction 12 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, 3rd: Controlled, Extra: Dynamic, Subtle); 50 pts
Telepathy: Mind Reading 12 (Extra: Cumulative, Dynamic, Effortless, Subtle); 2 pts
Mental Communication: Communication 3 (Mental, Small Nation; Extra: Area, Dynamic, Selective, Subtle); 2 pts
Astral Form: Remote Sensing 14 (60 miles; Visual, Auditory, Aural, Mental; Extra: Dynamic, Flaw: Side Effect [Physical Body is defenseless and immobile]); 2 pts
Psychic Nullification: Perception Ranged Nullify 12 (Mental effects; Extra: Concentration, Dynamic, Simultaneous); 2 pts
Psychic Concealment: Perception Range Burst Area Concealment 10 (All Senses; Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Affects Others, Dynamic, Flaw: Limited to Minds, Resistible [Will, DC20]); 2 pts
Mental Blast: Perception Ranged Psychic Damage 12 (Extra: Alternate Resistance [Will], Dynamic); 2 pts
Psychic Surgery: Perception Ranged Healing 12 (Extra: Dynamic, Persistent, Restorative, Flaw: Limited [Others only]); 2 pts
Hallucinations: Illusion 10 (All Senses, Extra: Selective, Dynamic, Flaw: Limited [one subject], Resistible [Will]); 2 pts

Diamond Body: 52 pts Traits
Diamond Skin: Immunity 9 (All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation, Disease, Poison), Protection 12, Impervious 7, Feature 1 (Increased Mass); 36 pts
Super-Strength: Enhanced Strength 8; 16 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +5
Unarmed +7 [Unarmed +1; Diamond Form Unarmed +9]
Ranged Attack +2
Special Attack [Mental Blast +12, Perception; Mind Control Affliction +12, Perception]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +2 (+14 in Diamond Form, +7 Impervious in Diamond Form), Fortitude +6, Will +9 (+13 against Mental Effects)

COMPLICATIONS:
Bitch: While Emma has fully embraced her role as a force of good in the mutant community, she can still be abrasive and elitist and ALWAYS tells it like it is.
Power Loss: She cannot use her Telepathy when in her Diamond Form.
Prejudice: Mutant.
Relationships: Scott Summers, The Stepford Cuckoos, some favored students including Hellion.
Rivalry: With Jean Grey, any other White Queen of The Hellfire Club.
Secret: She’s still got quite a few from her earlier days that she would prefer remain tucked away.

Abilities 62 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 133 + Defenses 9 = 241 / 241

Comments: With Marvel's recent f-ing up of the X-Men in the comics, Emma has gotten it pretty bad, ending up being the antagonist of the X-Men/Inhumans arc, working a bit too closely with HYDRA Cap during Secret Empire (even though she turned on him at the end, as she is wont to do) and generally being rudderless with Scott gone, it seems. Still, I hope if the Fox merger goes through, they'll get them going in the right direction again.

And in case some of you are wondering why I have her in my Mother's Day special, Emma is the "mother" of the Stepford Cuckoos, who turned to be clones of her created by Weapon X. She could possibly have more out there, too, because, well...

They were allegedly destroyed, but you know how that goes...

Secret Origins: Emma Grace Frost grew up in the rich neighborhood of Snow Valley, Massachusetts as the daughter of a wealthy, albeit abusive father. She developed her powers while under pressure from her father to succeed. Emma blackmailed her father after he got a professor who she was romantically linked with fired. Despite her father being upset, he decided she was smart and offered her to take over the family business, but Emma declined preffering to make her fortune herself. Emma left her family and joined the radical mutant group, the Hellfire Club. After spending a stint as the “White Queen,” she later defected to the X-Men to lead the team.

The Story so Far: Her first era presented her as a leader in the Hellfire Club, but this ended when the manic time traveler Fitzroy appeared from the future, resulting in the deaths of many of her Hellions and putting Emma into a coma. Her involvement in the Phalanx Covenant led her to becoming co-teacher of the new Generation X team with Banshee. Later, when the Sentinels devastated Genosha she gained a new power - her diamond form.

She became Cyclops' new partner and lover, and a co-leader of the X-Men. Currently she is helping run the Jean Grey school along with Professor Xavier and Storm while Scott leads the Justice League.

Characterization: Known for her telepathic mastery, biting wit and revealing outfits, Emma Frost has transitioned from one of the X-Men's deadliest foes into a central figure on the side of the mutants.

Friends and Foes: She has been in a long relationship with Scott Summers and although they are currently not dating, they have been in contact several times recently, prompting Kitty to tell her to “just go get him, get married and be done with it”.

She has a motherly relationship with the Stepford Cuckoos and has struck up an unlikely friendship with Hawkgirl, who is “secretly” trying to get her and Scott back together. She has a long rivalry with the former Black Queen of the Hellfire Club, Selene, as well as other former and current members of the Club.
Jabroniville

Re: J-Mart: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! Spider-Woman, Emma Frost

Post by Jabroniville »

Y'alls gonna think this is weird, but HNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH...

Don't judge me.

And yeah, that book was fun. Characterization, fights and humor, but not over the top. Babysitting Beta Male Porcupine was awesome :).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 14, 2018 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 1:08 am Image

Don't judge me.
My only surprise is how long it took.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Ken wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 1:13 am
Jabroniville wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 1:08 am Y'alls gonna think this is weird, but HNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH...

Don't judge me.
My only surprise is how long it took.
LOL!!!!! :lol:
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Wait? It’s Super-Hero Mom’s Day and J-Mart doesn’t have any Red Tornado in stock!?

I’m going to voice a complaint at the next shareholders’ meeting!
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 1:08 am Image

Don't judge me.

And yeah, that book was fun. Characterization, fights and humor, but not over the top. Babysitting Beta Male Porcupine was awesome :).
Wow...too much! I never knew Jessica was pregos. Not by Skrulls, I Hope! :lol:
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

Goldar wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 7:13 pm Wow...too much! I never knew Jessica was pregos. Not by Skrulls, I Hope! :lol:
Can you ever be ENTIRELY sure?
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

BriarThrone wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 7:20 pm
Goldar wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 7:13 pm Wow...too much! I never knew Jessica was pregos. Not by Skrulls, I Hope! :lol:
Can you ever be ENTIRELY sure?
Only if one has the special 3-D Man specs!

I remember a Skrull advertisement for "Got milk?"
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I don’t think that was the Skrulls.

BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Ken

Post by Ken »

My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.