Mister B's M&M 3E Builds ::Marvel Archives

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
MisterB

Re: Mister B's :: Not sure where it's going xD

Post by MisterB »

Woodclaw wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:42 pm This is basically the system WotC used for the Star Wars d20, isn't it?
I'm not sure if it is or not, its my own system evolved from 1st edition MnM.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

MisterB wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:44 pm
Woodclaw wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:42 pm This is basically the system WotC used for the Star Wars d20, isn't it?
The d20 Star Wars system used two kind of "damage". Normal Hit Points were like ablative armor, they increased with the character level, they were easy to lose and easy to heal.
Wounds were almost a fixed value (equal to the CON score) and they represented heavy damage, the kind that lasts. A character suffered Wounds only after exhausting all the Hit Points or from a critical hit.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

Ah yeah, I remember that somewhat. Maybe that is where I got it, Though I like the Idea of a wound threshold, plus a score that represents the life and death damage.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Woodclaw wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:53 pm
The d20 Star Wars system used two kind of "damage". Normal Hit Points were like ablative armor, they increased with the character level, they were easy to lose and easy to heal.
Wounds were almost a fixed value (equal to the CON score) and they represented heavy damage, the kind that lasts. A character suffered Wounds only after exhausting all the Hit Points or from a critical hit.
Neat little note here: that same system of HP/Wound numbers were used for D20 Modern,Pulp Heroes,D20 Future, and Godlike.....
<*The More You Know theme plays *> :D
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

MacynSnow wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:51 pm

Neat little note here: that same system of HP/Wound numbers were used for D20 Modern,Pulp Heroes,D20 Future, and Godlike.....
AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE!!!
GI JOE THEME Plays
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

MacynSnow wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:51 pm

AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE!!!
GI JOE THEME Plays
MisterB

System Showcase: Forge Engine Universal

Post by MisterB »

This is something new I wanted to try, instead of just shoving a character sheet on a page with no clue about the system being used. So I'm calling this the “System Showcase” for a lack of a better term. And I wanted to take you folks through the game “Forge Engine Universal Role playing system” which can be found on RPG now for free!

This system is heavily reliant on character concept to help make your character, because it can make a big difference in the cost of certain traits and attributes. The game is very reminiscent to the old StoryTelling system by Wotc. But with a much improved system. I am going to take you through the construction of a character so you can see exactly how this is done.

Character Concept and Starting Traits
For our purposes, I am going to make a High Fantasy character, a dwarf warrior which I'll call “Pike” for the lack of a better name. The first thing we do is record our concept, which I will indicate as “Dwarven Defender” , something of a soldier, this warrior is skilled at defending his keep. If we look to see what traits a dwarf gets for free, we find that he the following:
• Sturdy (giving him more health)
• Small (smaller health pool, and reduced movement speed, but a bonus to agility tests. )
• Darkvision (can see really well in low light conditions within 30')

Determining Attributes
Players have 15 character points to spend on their attributes, or on more traits. Which can effect how some attributes can be spent. I am going to take Vigorous but costs 3 of those character points. But will reduce the cost of improving my Stamina rating by 1. All attributes start with a rating of 1, but it cost to raise that score is accumulative, based on the value of the next rating. So to go from 1 to 2, costs 2 character points.
So lets spend our points!

Strength 3, Agility 2, Stamina 3, Influence 1, Intelligence 1, Acuity 2

Determining Skills
A player has 30 character points to spend on skills, 15 of which must be general skills. However it only costs 1 character point to raise but cannot have a rating higher than its underlying attribute. So these are the general skills I purchased with my 15 points.
• Knowledge (Language: Native) 1(free)
• Athletics 3 (strength)
• Endurance 3 (Stamina)
• Resist 3 (Stamina)
• Intimidation 3 (Strength)
• Perception 2 (Acuity)

The martial skills I end up taking are as follows:
• Armor Training 3 (strength)
• Melee Weapons 3 (Strength)
• Shield Training 3 (strength)

I save the final 6 skill points for some specialized skills to show off my concept as a “Defender” to round out my character. However I am not sure I am correct on how Specialized skills are purchased, I think its necessary to purchase all ranks with the underlying attribute. Which the sample character builds seem to support.
• Brace 3 (you can use strength to add energy to your PD instead of Agility)
• Shield Bash 3 (Spend 1 energy , then add energy up to your shield bash rating. If successful you push the target back for each success and knocked prone)

Determining your Character Pools, Health, and Speed
This final step allows us to determine all our other traits , which mostly play a part for combat.

Energy: Your energy is the sum of your three highest attributes. Which means pike has an energy trait of 8.
Physical Defense: Physical Defense starts at 1 plus any equipment bonuses. Which we haven't determined yet.
Mental Defense: A players mental defense is the middle rating of influence, intelligence, and acuity. Which unfortunately is 1.
Health: Now because Pike is considered a small creature, he only gets 2 + twice his stamina score in health. However because of his sturdy trait his stamina is increased by 1 for determining this value. So Pike has a health of 10!
Speed: Which is 25 feet for being a small creature.

Determine Equipment.
A shield is invaluable for this character, he can't be a defender without it. I can weild up to a kite-shield thanks to my strength and shield training skill. So that's what I'll assign my character. Which grants four extra defense dice when used.
As for armor, I need to be well protected by still be agile enough to use. So I assign my character Brigandine which gives me two extra defense dice. That and its under my shield training skill rating. All I need know is a weapon, I decided to go with a spiked club, which gives me three extra attack dice. When used.

My final Physical Defense Pool is 3, but becomes 7 when I used my shield.
And my total Attack Pool with my spiked club is 9! Not bad at all.
MisterB

Re: Mister B's :: Elder Scrolls Goodness

Post by MisterB »

Balgruuf The Greater
Jarl of Whiterun
Race: Human, Background: Noble, Class: Fighter 7th level
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "These Thalmor might not like to admit it, but as long as the Empire has Skyrim, the Empire has strength."
Personality: The common people love me for my kindness and generosity.
Ideals: It is my duty to protect and care for the people beneath me.
Bonds: Places the value of the people in his hold, before the empire. Holds the opinions of his housecarl, Irilth highly.
Flaws: Hatred for the Thalmor. Secretly worships Talos.

Abilities
Strength 16 (+3), Dexterity 12 (+1), Constitution 17 (+3), Intelligence 11, Wisdom 13 (+1), Charisma 15 (+2)

Proficiency Bonus +3
· Saving Throws: Strength +5, Constitution +6
· Armor: All Armor, Shields
· Weapons: Simple weapons, Martial Weapons
· Languages: Cyrodillic, Nordic, Altmeri
· Skills: Athletics +5, History +3, Intimidation +5, Persuasion +5
· Tools: Gaming Set, Calligraphy Artisan Tools

Features
· A true Nord. Nords gain advantage with resisting cold effects.
· Position of Priviledge. People are often inclined to think the best of you.
· Fighting Style. Dueling (+2 bonus to damage when using only one weapon)
· Second Wind. Can heal 1d10+7 hit points, short or long rest to use again
· Action Surge. Can make one additional action on top of a regular one. Short and Long rest.
· Martial Archetype. Battle Master. 4 superiority dice (d8). Dc 14.
· Extra Attack. You can attack twice instead of once.
· Martial Archetype Features (4). Commander's Strike, Feinting Attack, Parry, Rally.
· Know your enemy. You can study someone, an attempt to learn something about them.
· Feat: Heavy Armor Master.

Combat
Initiative +1, Armor Class 19 (plate armor), Speed 30', Hit Points 63

Attacks
· Balgruufs WarAxe. +7 to hit, 1d8+6 Slashing, Versatile (1d10+6).
Balgruuf's war axe is an enchanted steel axe, which grants a +1 bonus to hit and damage.

Other Equipment:
Signet Ring, Noble Garments, Plate Armor, an Amulet of Water-breathing (Provides the benefits of the third level spell water-breathing, that affects only the wearer).

Character Notes
While eventually becoming loyal to the Empire, he puts Whiterun's interests first, many times denying the Imperial Legion permission to garrison soldiers in his city so as not to portray martial law―if he is asked what side he is on in the war, he will say that he is "on the side of Whiterun," showing a great sense of loyalty towards Whiterun. In his neutral stance, he remarks that he may well be obligated to support one or both sides; the Empire as a province, the Stormcloaks out of loyalty to Skyrim. Indeed, he will only express open hatred of the Stormcloak Rebellion after the Dragonborn chooses a side in the Civil War, slandering them if they seize Whiterun with the Stormcloak army; according to Gerdur, Balgruuf and Ulfric had been at odds for years and fears Balgruuf will side with the Empire out of spite.[1] Balgruuf's distaste for the Stormcloaks may stem from the fact that he had refused to declare for either side, but Ulfric attacked Whiterun anyway by deeming anyone who didn't support him as an enemy. He is generally more interested in dragons than the Civil War in which he is involved. Since Whiterun's provisions were terribly diminished during the Skyrim Civil War and Ulfric's uprising had doubled the costs of goods, Balgruuf ultimately sided with the Empire in order to preserve the more lucrative trade agreements with the Empire.

According to his son Nelkir, he still worships Talos and hates the Thalmor as much as Ulfric and the other Nords do, if not more. If encountered at the party at the Thalmor Embassy, he will make this view very clear and will also be more than happy to disrupt the proceedings on behalf of the Dragonborn.

Balgruuf has strong bonds with his friend and Housecarl, Irileth, whom he fought alongside with during his time in the Legion. As such, she rarely lets him out of her sight and berates him for a lack of concern for his personal safety.

In the Official Game Guide, Balgruuf is viewed by many as the embodiment of a true Nord and his allegiance with the Empire as having actually convinced many would-be Stormcloaks that the Empire may actually be the answer to Skyrim's problems.
Last edited by MisterB on Sat May 12, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I wish you could talk Balgruuf to make his own side in the game,as he'd make a better King than the Figurehead the Empire places on the throne.

The Stormcloaks are just wrong IMO,as they NO plan for after they win.Ulfric doesn't honestly give 2 shites about ruling,just saying he's in charge.I can see why Balgruuf hates him as a person....
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

I can agree on some of that. Sure Balgruuf is a pompus ass, lol. But he has the best for his people at heart.
MisterB

Faringar Secret-fire , Court Wizard.

Post by MisterB »

Faringar Secret-Fire
Court wizard of Whiterun
Race: Human (Nord), Background: Sage, Class: Wizard 6th level
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: "One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
Personality. I am fascinated by Dragons.
Ideals. No Limits, there are infinite possibility in existence.
Bonds. It is my duty to serve my Jarl. I want to know all that there is about Dragons.
Flaws. I am above menial tasks.

Abilities
Strength 11 (+0), Dexterity 10 (+0), Constitution 12 (+1), Intelligence 17 (+3), Wisdom 12 (+1), Charisma 10 (+0)

Proficiency Bonus +3
· Saving Throws. Intelligence +6 and Wisdom +4
· Armor. None
· Weapons. Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows
· Languages. Nordic, Cyrodillic
· Skills. Arcana +6, History +6, Investigation +6, Religion +6
· Tools. None

Features
· A true Nord. Nords gain advantage with resisting cold effects.
· Sage Specialty: Dragons
· Researcher. You know where you can find information, that you don't possess.
· Spellcasting (spell dc 14, +6 to hit; 4 cantrips, 4 -1st level, 3 -2nd level, 3 -3rd level )
· Arcane Tradition: School of Evocation
· Arcane Tradition Features: Evocation Savant, Sculpt Spells, Potent Crantrip.
· Feat: Keen Mind.

Combat
Initiative +1 , Armor Class 11 (14 with mage armor), Speed 30', Hit points 30

Attacks
Dagger +3 to hit, 1d4 piercing.
Spells +6 to hit, dc 14
· Firebolt (ranged spel, 2d10 fire damage).
· Ray of Frost (ranged spell, on hit take 2d8 cold damage, and speed reduced by 10)
· Burning Hands (15 foot cone, 3d6 fire damage on a failed Dex Save)
· Gust of Wind (60ft line, str saved, or be pushed)
· Fireball (150 feet, 20 radius explosion,Dex save , 8d6 fire damage)

Other Equipment
Expert Robes of Destruction (+2 to hit, and +2 DC when casting fire, ice, or lightning spells), Dagger, Component Pouch, Scholar's Pack, Spellbook. , 2 Scrolls with Fireball spells (8d6 damage).

Spells Known
· Cantrip (5): Fire Bolt, Light, Mage Hand, Ray of Frost, and Mending.
· 1st level (5): Burning Hands, Detect Magic, Mage Armor, Unseen Servant, Comprehend Languages.
· 2nd level (4): Continual Flame, Gust of Wind, See Invisible, Arcane Lock.
· 3rd level (4): Fireball, Glyph of Warding, Lightning Bolt, Clairvoyance.

Character Notes
in general, Farengar is friendly enough to the Dragonborn; cooperative without quirks, though sometimes more than a little condescending. He is scripted for the archetypal absent-minded professor, being far more focused on abstract thought and scientific curiosity than to prefer practical interpersonal communication or stagnant common sense. He treats Skyrim's Civil War with overall distaste, seeing it as an obstacle to progress, but his personal loyalty and respect for Jarl Balgruuf transcends such things.

Prior to the Dragonborn's arrival at Dragonsreach, Farengar regarded dragons as hypothetical, mythical phenomena. He is fascinated upon learning their existence and expresses wishes to see one in person; however, his wish is denied by Jarl Balgruuf on the grounds that it is too dangerous and that Farengar is needed alive in Dragonsreach in order to continue researching ways to counter a dragon attack. 
Later, during Odahviing's capture, Farengar attempts to perform some tests for his research, but is sent running by a blast of fire from the angered dragon.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 11:40 am I wish you could talk Balgruuf to make his own side in the game,as he'd make a better King than the Figurehead the Empire places on the throne.

The Stormcloaks are just wrong IMO,as they NO plan for after they win.Ulfric doesn't honestly give 2 shites about ruling,just saying he's in charge.I can see why Balgruuf hates him as a person....
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

Woodclaw wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 10:29 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 11:40 am I wish you could talk Balgruuf to make his own side in the game,as he'd make a better King than the Figurehead the Empire places on the throne.

Looks like you forgot your reply, lol
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

MisterB wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 12:12 am
Woodclaw wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 10:29 pm

Looks like you forgot your reply, lol
No,he was pointing out that i dislike Ulfric Stormcloak,not Balgruuf(i do think the Head mage for Balgruuf is too much of a weenie to be a REAL Mage.I mean,who can't cast a Fire spell at something for Talos' sake!?).
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

I'll have to peek into the creation kit and see what Faringar has.