Batgirl III's Character Thread (Simon Baz, Lady Shiva)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Batgirl III

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread

Post by Batgirl III »

The Liberty Club is actually more inspired by the Justice Experience. Yes, that’s a canon group from the DC Universe; No, you’ve never heard of it.

The Liberty Alliance is my JSA and JLA analogue, the group was organized much differently during WWII than in the present, but it’s nominally the same organization.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Batgirl III wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 2:42 pm The Liberty Club is actually more inspired by the Justice Experience. Yes, that’s a canon group from the DC Universe; No, you’ve never heard of it.
Off the top of my head, the Bronze Wraith (actually my favourite Martian) and the Acro-Bat (Cameron Chase's dad) were both members of the Justice Experience.

I don't remember much of them, but I have heard of them.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Ken wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 3:24 pm Off the top of my head, the Bronze Wraith (actually my favourite Martian) and the Acro-Bat (Cameron Chase's dad) were both members of the Justice Experience.

Acro-Bat; Bronze Wraith; Major Flashback; Manx; Mister Action; and Song Bird.

They only appeared in one issue of Chase, a series few people have even heard of and which I’m reasonably certain no one besides me ever purchased...

But, if you ever wondered who filled the superhero team void (in the Post-Crisis / Pre-Flashpoint DCU) after the breakup of the JSA under McCarthyism and before the founding of the JLA in the “vaguely ten years ago,” these guys are your answer.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Batgirl III wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 3:52 pm
Ken wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 3:24 pm Off the top of my head, the Bronze Wraith (actually my favourite Martian) and the Acro-Bat (Cameron Chase's dad) were both members of the Justice Experience.

They only appeared in one issue of Chase, a series few people have even heard of and which I’m reasonably certain no one besides me ever purchased...
My friend Jason (see the Real World Roll Call in my thread) was the other person getting Chase, IIRC. And they appeared (in flashback) in an issue Martian Manhunter, number 17. It was a part of the reveal of the Bronze Wraith.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 3:52 pm

But, if you ever wondered who filled the superhero team void (in the Post-Crisis / Pre-Flashpoint DCU) after the breakup of the JSA under McCarthyism and before the founding of the JLA in the “vaguely ten years ago,” these guys are your answer.
Know their Vague Archtypes(I know that J'on J'onze(?) was Bronze Wraith,but that's it)?
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

They’re not really characters so much as props, lending some pathos to Cameron Chase’s backstory and family history. Only Acro-Bat (Walter Chase) has much told about him and even that’s sketchy... Bronze Wraith (J’onn J’onzz) isn’t really even talked about in the story.

But comics are a visual medium as much as a textual one and their are certain visual cues, plus being created as Already Dead Guys means the writers wanted the reader to be able to get a “feel” for them pretty quickly. Here’s how I peg them:

• Acro-Bat was definitely a Badass Normal, being an especially good acrobat;
• Bronze Wraith won the Superpower Lottery, but in this identity seemed to mostly stick to phasing and flight;
• Major Flashback, no clue, I assume a Badass Normal with a Soldier Gimmick, since he dressed like a cross between a solider and a hippie;
• Manx, no clue, I assume a Badass Normal with a Cat Gimmick, since she dressed like a spotted Catwoman.
• Mister Action, no clue, I assume a low-end Brick or Powerhouse since he looks like Errol Flynn cosplaying as Power Man.
• Song Bird, had wings but it’s unclear if they were biological or part of her costume, I’m guessing she might have had sonic powers too based on her name, so Flying Artillery.
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Batgirl III wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 2:42 pm The Liberty Club is actually more inspired by the Justice Experience. Yes, that’s a canon group from the DC Universe; No, you’ve never heard of it.

The Liberty Alliance is my JSA and JLA analogue, the group was organized much differently during WWII than in the present, but it’s nominally the same organization.
Let's see how many I get from memory: Acro-Bat, Bronze Wraith (AKA Martian Manhunter), Lynx, Major Flashback, Mister Action...hmmm, blanking out, now must use "The Google"...

Songbird! And I was mistaken about the other female member-it was the Manx, not the Lynx.

All my best.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

SLICE
Cape City Character
Power Level 8 ( 150 PP )

ABILITIES
Strength 2
Stamina 3
Agility 5
Dexterity 4
Fighting 5
Intellect 1
Awareness 3
Presence 2

SKILLS
Acrobatics 3 (+8), Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+8), Deception 3 (+5), Expertise [Criminal] 4 (+5), Expertise [Streetwise] 7 (+8), Insight 2 (+5), Persuasion 3 (+5), Ranged Combat [Thrown] 5 (+12), Sleight of Hand 8 (+12), Stealth 3 (+8), Technology 4 (+5), Vehicles 2 (+6)

ADVANTAGES 11
Accurate Attack, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (1), Improved Aim, Languages (1), Luck (1), Quick Draw, Ranged Combat (2)

POWERS
X-Celeration Damage 4 (E: Extended Range [1], Feature [use thrown weapon skill; 1], Improved Critical [3], Ranged, Ricochet [3], Penetrating [5], Variable Descriptor [any ranged attack you wield (1)]; F: Quirk [requires physical projectile]) [ 21 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 5 EP )
Binoculars [ 1 EP ]
Commlink [ 1 EP ]
Handcuffs [ 1 EP ]
Medical Kit [ 1 EP ]
Weighted Gloves Damage 1 (Strength-based) [ 1 EP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (10) Base 5
Parry: (10) Base 5
Fortitude: (6) Base 3
Toughness: (3/6) ——
Will: (8) Base 5

WORKSHEET
Attack: 8 Effect: 2/3 Total: 10/1 (Unarmed)
Attack: 12 Effect: 4 Total: 16 (X-Celeration)
Dodge: 10 Tough: 3/6 Total: 13/16
Parry: 10 Tough: 3/6 Total: 13/16
Fort: 6 Will: 8 Total: 14

ABILITIES [ 50 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 50 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 11 pp ] +
POWERS [ 21 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 18 pp ] =
150 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Relationships (Off the Derech): Off the Derech, from the Hebrew word meaning 'path', is an expression used to describe someone who leaves an Orthodox Jewish community. This causes a lot of strain between Becky and her large family.
Reputation (Stubborn): Slice is determined and tenacious. She never gives up once she sets her mind to something... which can also make her seem stubborn.

Education: Yeshiva University High School for Girls, NYC
Date of Birth: June 8, 1981 (Age 36)
Base of Operations: Los Angeles, CA
Height: 5′ 3″ (1.60 m)
Weight: 118 lbs (53.5 kg)
Measurments: 34-25-34 (32B)
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Race: Human Mutant
Identity: Secret
Religion: Orthodox Jew (Non-Practicing)
Relationships: See Complications
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record.

Background:
Prior to the Terminus Invasion, Rivkah Mazor was a depressed and isolated child who desperately wanted to escape the life her traditionalist parents had planned for her. The strange powers she developed after the Terminus Invasion provided her a means to escape and seek a life of adventure as part of the Young Defenders.

Calling herself Slice, Becky has developed an intuitive mastery of projectile weaponry, enabling her to accelerate thrown items to uncanny speeds and perform complex (and borderline physics defying) trick shots with ease.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nice to see the Bullseye/Lady Killer power set in the Next Generation,as i always thought it could be so useful,if used right. :)
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

QUICKTIME
Cape City Character
Power Level 8 ( 120 PP )

ABILITIES
Strength 2
Stamina 3
Agility 3
Dexterity 2
Fighting 10
Intellect 0
Awareness 1
Presence 3

SKILLS
Athletics 3 (+5), Acrobatics 10 (+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+12), Expertise [Streetwise] 5 (+5), Perception 7 (+8), Ranged Combat [Thrown] 6 (+8), Stealth 5 (+8)

ADVANTAGES
All-Out Attack, Agile Feint, Beginner's Luck, Benefit [Ambidextrous], Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (1), Evasion (2), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (2), Move-By Action, Power Attack, Redirect, Seize Initiative, Set-Up, Takedown (2), Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge

POWERS
Athletic Grace Leaping 2 (30'); Movement 2 (Safe-Fall [1], Sure-Footed [1]); Speed 4 (30 MPH) [ 10 PP ]
Flurry of Blows Enhanced Extra 1 (Multiattack; E: Variable Descriptor [any mêlée attack you wield]) [ 2 PP ]
Hypercognition Quickness 3 (Mental: One Minute/Six Seconds Physical: 12 Seconds/Six Seconds; F: Limited to Mental [Two Ranks]) [ 2 PP ]
Visual Alacrity Senses 3 (Visual: Extended [-1 per 100], Low-Light, Rapid) [ 3 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 5 EP )
Escrima Sticks Damage 4 (Strength-based; E: Split [1]) [ 5 EP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (10) Base 7
Parry: (10) Base 0
Fortitude: (6) Base 3
Toughness: (3/6) ——
Will: (6) Base 3

WORKSHEET
Attack: 12 Effect: 2 Total: 14 (Unarmed)
Attack: 10 Effect: 6 Total: 16 (Escrima Sticks)
Dodge: 10 Tough: 3/6 Total: 13/16
Parry: 10 Tough: 3/6 Total: 13/16
Fort: 6 Will: 6 Total: 12

ABILITIES [ 48 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 19 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 23 pp ] +
POWERS [ 17 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 13 pp ] =
120 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Obsession: Quicktime has a difficult time resisting a thrilling challenge, especially if it involves risk or thrills.

Education: High School Graduate
Date of Birth: November 7, 1985 (Age 33)
Height: 5'7" (1.70 m)
Weight: 130 lbs. (58.9 kg)
Measurments: ‎35-25-34 (34A)
Eyes: Brown
Religion: Athiest
Relationships: None

Background:
Winniefred "Fred" Kim is the youngest member of the Young Defenders; the same uncanny energies that transformed the rest of her team left her with a hyper-fast cognitive ability, super-human reflexes, and a natural aptitude for martial arts.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

NIHILIST
Cape City Character
Power Level 8 ( 150 PP )

Kurt Cobain wrote:I'm a much happier guy than a lot of people think I am.
ABILITIES
Strength 2
Stamina 5
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 8
Intellect 4
Awareness 3
Presence 2

SKILLS
Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics 6 (+8), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+12), Expertise [Tactics] 8 (+12), Insight 5 (+8), Persuassion 6 (+8), Intimidation 6 (+8), Stealth 5 (+8)

ADVANTAGES
All-Out Attack, Assessment, Defensive Roll (3), Diehard, Interpose, Leadership, Power Attack, Teamwork (1)

POWERS
Healing Factor Immunity 5 (Disease, Environmental Cold, Environmental Cold, Fatigue, Poisons/Toxins); Impervious Toughness 5; Regeneration 10 (–1 every round; E: Persistent) [ 30 PP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (8) Base 5
Parry: (8) Base 0
Fortitude: (8) Base 3
Toughness: (5/8) ——
Will: (8) Base 5

WORKSHEET
Attack: 12 Effect: 2 Total: 14 (Unarmed)
Dodge: 8 Tough: 5/8 Total: 13/16
Parry: 8 Tough: 5/8 Total: 13/16
Fort: 8 Will: 8 Total: 16

ABILITIES [ 60 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 22 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 10 pp ] +
POWERS [ 30 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 13 pp ] =
135 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Motivation (Responsibility): Anita believes she has a responsibility to use her powers to help others, even if she denies it.

Education: Some College
Date of Birth: August 15, 1981 (Age x)
Height: 5'5" (1.65 m)
Weight: 135 lbs. (61.2 kg)
Eyes: Grey
Religion: Agnostic
Relationships: None

Background:
Anita Oxley is the level-headed leader of the Young Defenders, although in their early days she had a more angsty and agressive vibe. She still maintains that persona when "in the field," but behind closed doors has become something of the "Team Mom."
Davies

Post by Davies »

... "Nihilist"?
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Davies wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 7:16 am ... "Nihilist"?
And she is the "team mom" ... kind of interesting.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Woodclaw wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 8:46 am
Davies wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 7:16 am ... "Nihilist"?
And she is the "team mom" ... kind of interesting.
It honestly makes sense,as someone with that type of need(the urge to protect others)would subconsciously do it in private settings more often.
I honestly can see Raven(Teen Titans version here) filling that type of Role after a little bit.....
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I'm not very well read in the philosophies, but isn't there a version of nihilism that posits that it is up to people to find reason in their own lives in a world that does not have one? Sort of like the more responsible interpretation of 'do what thou wilt, be the whole of the law'. Not focusing on outside influences to give you purpose?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.