World of Freedom 3.2 - Whatever Comes To Mind

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Davies

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Freedom Legion Members! And Enemies! The Old Guard!

Post by Davies »

greycrusader wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:11 pm
So between Project Freedom, the ramifications of the office of Master Mage being unoccupied, AND a certain code-name you used for a villain in the last few posts, are trying to you ruin the anticipation for ALL my upcoming official GR releases? LOL.
I'm shocked, shocked at your suggestion. :twisted:
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Davies

Post by Davies »

Update: I just got hold of the compiled Rogues Gallery volume, so I will probably not be posting anything tomorrow.
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

What!!!???

I wrote up five of the solo Rogues AND one whole super-crook team and you got to buy it before they even let me know the PDF had gone live for sale!!?

(BEST WILLIAM SHATNER IMPRESSION BELOW):

DAAAAVIESSSSS!!!!

PS: Actually, thank you so much for purchasing a book I'm proud to have contributed to; I hope you enjoy reading the compiled volume. If you have any feedback or questions about any of my characters (Eminence, Harbinger of the Far-Tide, Mother Moonlight, The Oblivion Knight, Red-Teeth Sven, and the Candy Crew), please feel free. I love commentary.

All my best, and enjoy!
Davies

Post by Davies »

greycrusader wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 1:40 am What!!!???

I wrote up five of the solo Rogues AND one whole super-crook team and you got to buy it before they even let me know the PDF had gone live for sale!!?
If it helps, I didn't find out until after Kreuzritter did.

Haven't had a chance to do more than scan it, but I think the Candy Crew are going to be facing off with the Old Guard in my head, if nowhere else.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Janus

When he was arrested for the first time, he was believed to be Zachary King, descendant of a long line of thoroughly corrupt and decadent English aristocrats, who'd been the lone survivor of a hunting expedition in the Himalayas. Following his return to England, a series of unfortunate events enveloped the King family, leaving young Zachary as the sole surviving member of his family as well. When he broadened his interests to include serial killing, he was eventually caught by the novice hero Caliburn. He eventually broke out of prison, murdered Caliburn's wife, disfigured the costumed crimefighter, and fled the country.

Caliburn pursued him, but he did more than that. He traveled to the start of King's story, in the Himalayas, to get inside the other man's mind. There he discovered the cave where King and his father had taken shelter, the cave where King had killed his father in self-defense. He dug up the body, confirming the story ... but on an impulse, dug deeper to find a second corpse, that of a young Caucasian male of around the age of thirteen, most likely the body of one Zachary King. But then who was Janus?

Nearly forty years of investigation and desperate struggle have not gotten Caliburn or any of his allies any closer to the final answer to that question. Dozens of theories have been proposed, tested and discarded when evidence has been discovered to disprove them. In the meanwhile, Janus has pursued his ends, wreaking havoc in the name of creating artwork in the medium of human suffering, with each corpse left behind as a dab of paint on a canvas only he can see.

He has worked with a variety of extra-legal organizations, generally remaining on good terms with their leadership if often not their rank and file, from whom he has often recruited his "bad girl" associates. (He also takes pleasure in recruiting them from law-enforcement personnel.) These women typically remain with him for no longer than a single exploit, often sacrificed to facilitate Janus' escape. Whether he has finally managed to recruit Alice, Queen of Hearts into that role, in the wake of her psychological shattering, remains to be seen, as the two of them approach the hidden laboratory of a mutual ally of convenience.

Janus -- PL 11

Abilities: STR 2 | STA 3 | AGL 3 | DEX 4 | FGT 11 | INT 8 | AWE 8 | PRE 7
Powers: Mind of Madness (Reaction Damage 10, Resisted by Will [when mentally contacted or attacked]; Immunity 20 [mental effects]), Sneak Attack (Enhanced Strength-based Damage 2, Limited to vulnerable or defenseless targets).
Equipment: Knife, pistol, other equipment as needed.
Advantages: Attractive, Benefit 8 (Alternate Identity 4, Multimillionaire), Chokehold, Close Attack 4, Daze (Deception), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Equipment 10, Evasion 2, Fascinate (Deception), Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Defense, Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages 4, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 3, Redirect, Speed of Thought, Taunt, Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed.
Skills: Athletics 8 (+10), Deception 14 (+21), Expertise: Criminal 10 (+18), Insight 12 (+20), Intimidation 10 (+17), Perception 8 (+16), Persuasion 10 (+17), Ranged Combat: Gun 6 (+10), Sleight of Hand 8 (+12), Stealth 8 (+11), Technology 8 (+16), Vehicles 8 (+12).
Offense: Initiative +8, Unarmed +15 (Close Damage 4/2), Knife +15 (Close Damage 5/3), Pistol +13 (Close Damage 4).
Defense: Dodge 11, Parry 11, Fortitude 7, Toughness 7/3, Will 9.
Totals: Abilities 92 + Powers 71 + Advantages 50 + Skills 55 + Defenses 13 = 281 points
Complication: Corruption--Motivation. Enemy (Caliburn). Reputation (deadly criminal).
Last edited by Davies on Sat May 12, 2018 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I can't wait to see this villian group Janus put's together....;)
Also nice build,davies.Personally would've upped his Close by 2 more,but that's just a nicpicing...
Davies

Post by Davies »

Let me up his Offense a bit in another way.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Davies wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 1:35 am Let me up his Offense a bit in another way.
Much better! Someone that can do the type of scarring to to a Fighter as skilled as Caliburn shouldn't have had that low of an attack.Thank you for fixing my OCD on it.

You see,i use intresting Villians i find on Echoes as "Test Games" for my various builds so i can work-out any kinks in them.
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

Davies wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 1:04 am Caliburn pursued him, but he did more than that. He traveled to the start of King's story, in the Himalayas, to get inside the other man's mind. There he discovered the cave where King and his father had taken shelter, the cave where King had killed his father in self-defense. He dug up the body, confirming the story ... but on an impulse, dug deeper to find a second corpse, that of a young Caucasian male of around the age of thirteen, most likely the body of one Zachary King. But then who was Janus?
Nobody, nobody important at all.

And that just might be his weakness...
Davies

Post by Davies »

Mister Matthews

Hatred can be more than just an emotion. In time, it can become the defining characteristic of a personality. Such is the case of Mister Samuel Matthews. He hates the costumed monsters who parade themselves as superheroes. He hates the society that allows them to do so. He hates the government that sanctions such behavior, and in addition tries to tax him as if he were some peasant. He hates the scientific community that has rejected him, failing to understand that his is the Greatest Mind of Any Age. (Dr. Sin is said to find his pretentions amusing.)

If he were being honest, Matthews would admit that his hatred begins with the mother who had the nerve to abandon him -- him -- by dying, all those years ago. He certainly hates the legacy of occult power he inherited from the man who was his biological father, the Imperial Wizard, a spell-casting member of the Ku Klux Klan in the late 50s and early 60s. He is also firmly in denial that his creations are in any way the product of sorcery, rather than science. He also refuses to accept the fact that his serums work so well on his own physiology because of his powers, for that would mean he is one of the monsters he hates so much.

His hatred is so great that he has sometimes considered abandoning this foul and disgusting world -- after dealing permanently with some of his more long-term hatreds, such as Grandmother Raven and her village of inbred lackeys -- and starting over in a world of his own design, in the asteroid belt. (He would be annoyed to learn that someone else had that idea, and has already constructed their Objectivist paradise there. On the other hand, that would also mean that he won't have to do as much work.) All such visions have been temporarily put on hold, now that he is no longer the master of Matthews Gentech, and no longer enjoys as much in the way of resources.

His hatred of other supervillains -- no different from the other monsters, or in the case of those without powers, no different from the insipid herds -- has not prevented him from working with them on occasion. They do tend to possess useful abilities that he cannot, for now, duplicate with his science. In the end, of course, he will kill them all. Or almost all. For there is one being whom Matthews does not hate, though being the subject of his lust is no less dangerous. Alice is aware of Matthews' feelings, and has generally found them to be a useful 'handle' to manipulate the mad scientist during their team-ups. Whether this will still be the case in their current team-up remains to be seen.

Mister Matthews -- PL 11

Abilties: STR 1 | STA 2 | AGL 2 | DEX 2 | FGT 4 | INT 11 | AWE 4 | PRE 0
Powers: Animal Mimicry Serums (Continuous Variable 12 [traits possessed by animals], Removable)
Advantages: Artificer, Benefit 4 (Multi-millionaire), Eidetic Memory, Improvised Tools, Skill Mastery (Experise: Science)
Skills: Expertise: Business 8 (+19), Expertise: Science 10 (+21), Insight 8 (+12), Intimidation 8 (+8), Investigation 6 (+17), Perception 8 (+12), Technology 8 (+19).
Offense: Initiative +2, Unarmed +4 (Close Damage 1).
Defense: Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 9, Toughness 2, Will 10
Totals: Abilities 52 + Powers 96 + Advantages 8 + Skills 28 + Defense 23 = 207 points
Complications: Hatred--Motivation. Delusion (what I do is science, dammit!). Obsession (Alice).

Typical Variable: Strength-based Damage 3, Improved Critical; Enhanced Advantages 14 (All-Out Attack, Close Attack 6, Defensive Attack, Evasion, Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative, Takedown 2); Enhanced Stamina 3; Enhanced Strength 8; Leaping 4; Protection 8; Senses 4 (acute scent, low-light vision, tracking scent, ultrasonic hearing); Speed 4
Davies

Post by Davies »

Dragon Age Inquisition Complaints

1. Why does this game want me to kill so many bears? Did a bear harm a member of the development staff? There's not even a quest for it, they just show up and go after me despite my attempts to avoid them.

2. Why does the same button that makes you start running also trigger search mode? This is the exact opposite of good detective work.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Davies wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 1:47 am Dragon Age Inquisition Complaints

1. Why does this game want me to kill so many bears? Did a bear harm a member of the development staff? There's not even a quest for it, they just show up and go after me despite my attempts to avoid them.

2. Why does the same button that makes you start running also trigger search mode? This is the exact opposite of good detective work.
I understand your pain,fellow inquisition member(i perfer Male Mage/Knight-Enchanter,but that's mostly due to Wynn& First Enchanter Irving :D ),might i suggest the wholy Option/Controller setting buttons?
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

Mister Matthews and Xena Latham should have a chat sometime...
Davies

Post by Davies »

Voltron64 wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 4:30 am Mister Matthews and Xena Latham should have a chat sometime...
They've met. Matthews viewed her association with a pack of Christian Identity cultists to be contemptible, even if she was using them to her own purposes, and she found herself returning his loathing after a few minutes of mansplaining. Even if she wasn't half the galaxy away, they'd never work together. Probably.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

even if they did I wager theyd kill each other within 24 hours of meeting by virtue of getting on one another's nerves or having the unmitigated gall to dare question the others methodology or standing, or intellect or rightful place in the world etc etc
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories