Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Batgirl III

Re: Jab's Builds! (Time Trapper! LOSH Builds Done! Raptors!)

Post by Batgirl III »

It was over twenty years ago, so they may have improved... and it may have been an honest coincidence. My case would have been pretty weak, looking at it as objectively as I can from this far in the future and after having worked in the legal field for years, I can see why our attorney said not to bother with it.

Still holding that grudge though. It keeps my lap warm.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Woodclaw

Re: Jab's Builds! (Mordru! Time Trapper! LOSH Builds Done!)

Post by Woodclaw »

Batgirl III wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 9:14 pm
Woodclaw wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:18 pm I've done that mistake twice submitting stuff for evaluation to two game companies -- which shall not be named -- and I still regret it to these days.
I got @#$&'ed over by Palladium Games when I was a teenager. Work I submitted to be published in a magazine got a "thanks, but no thanks" letter... and then a few months latter something very suspiciously close to what I sent them was published with no attribution to me. Our family attorney thought that what we stood to gain versus the likely costs would be worth it. But I've held a grudge against Palladium ever since.

Read your contracts, kids... and never, ever submit written works without retaining original copies yourself.
Yeah. I admit I submitted that stuff willing as a "writing test", but I still regret it.
catsi563 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 9:17 pm surprised to hear Palladiums usually pretty good about ownership, in fact they got screwed over pretty hard because of it a while back
Good?

As far as I've hear Palladium is fricking mental about ownership. It's possible that this is just because Kevin Simbieda's reputation rubbed off to the company in general. Still, we are talking about the guy who tried to sue magazines that published reviews of his stuff because they added a picture of the cover without paying him any royalties and who pretty much shut off any site that dared to publish fan-made material for his game ... and Palladium actually backed him up.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Oh, and by the way, anyone who wants to do Palladium based builds in other systems? You go right ahead.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Already doing that heck the Games named Heroes Unlimited :)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

catsi563 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 9:17 pm surprised to hear Palladiums usually pretty good about ownership, in fact they got screwed over pretty hard because of it a while back
Hypocrisy and unethical behavior is sadly pretty common in most industries, even if they've suffered from it before.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ares wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:16 pm Oh, and by the way, anyone who wants to do Palladium based builds in other systems? You go right ahead.
No shit? I can finally do those Rifts builds I was thinking of ages ago :)?
Jabroniville

Atmos

Post by Jabroniville »

No, I don't know why his tits are invisible.

ATMOS (Marak Russen)
Created By:
Paul Levitz & Steve Lightle
First Appearance: Legion of Super-Heroes #32 (March 1987)
Home Planet: Xanthu
Eras: Original & Reboot
Role: Global Superhero of Xanthu, Complete Asshole Rapist
PL 10 (179)
STRENGTH
12 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Deception 4 (+8)
Expertise (Space Hero) 3 (+6)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 2 (+6)
Investigation 4 (+7)
Perception 3 (+6)

Advantages:
Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
Flight 8 (500 mph) [16]
Movement 1 (Space Travel 1) [2]
Mind Control 8 (32) -- [34]
  • AE: Nuclear Blast 12 (Flaws: Source- Suit) (12)
  • AE: "Electro-Magnetic Field" Affliction 10 (Tech Skill of Creator; Impaired/Disabled/Incapacitated) (Extras: Ranged, Cumulative) (Flaws: Limited to Machines) (20)
"Inhibitor Field"
Protection 2 [2]
Immunity 10 (Life Support) [10]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Nuclear Blasts +8 (+12 Ranged Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +12, Fortitude +10, Will +5

Complications:
Relationship (Dream Girl)- He wanted her enough to use Mind Control on her. Creepy-ass dick.
Responsibility (Hero of Xanthu)

Total: Abilities: 94 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 64 / Defenses: 7 (179)

-Okay one more Legion-themed guy. Atmos is the genetically-engineered champion of the planet Xanthu (Star Boy's homeworld)- when Universo attempted to conquer Earth, he mindwiped many other heroes in the United Planets, including Atmos. Star Boy was forced to quit the Legion and replace him, while Atmos used his powers to put the moves on Dream Girl, enthralling her using psionics like a TOTAL DOUCHEBAG. Dream Girl was pissed, and left him once her mind got better. He was murdered by a Dominator-controlled robot named B.I.O.N.

-"Reboot" used the character as well- he was a child star & famous athlete on Xanthu, and turned into a living power plant by his government. He joined the "Uncanny Amazers of Xanthu", a counterpart to the Legion. He helped Xanthu fight againts The Blight, and COMPUTO.

-Atmos has some considerable powers, but I'm not sure exactly how tough or powerful he is.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:46 pm
Ares wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:16 pm Oh, and by the way, anyone who wants to do Palladium based builds in other systems? You go right ahead.
Yup. It's my site. We've got no way to profit off of those write-ups, there's no justification for any lawsuit.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Ares wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:56 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:46 pm
Yup. It's my site. We've got no way to profit off of those write-ups, there's no justification for any lawsuit.
I love this site. :mrgreen:
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Regarding Atmos:

It`s not just that his pecs are invisible, he doesn`t have armpits. I hear that deodorant companies hate him.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Jabroniville

New Enforcers

Post by Jabroniville »

THE NEW ENFORCERS:
-Jesus, the things a D-tier writer on a D-tier book comes up with. Even as a kid, I knew Web of Spider-Man had the least credibility of the FOUR Spider-Books out at the time. It had the weakest creative teams and was full of Jobber Villains. The New Enforcers were supposed to be a threat, but only lasted three issues. The "Upper Echelon" were forgettable '60s characters The Controller & The Fixer, allied with Madame Menace (Sunset Bain) and Mister Fear. Basically, four nobody Journeyman Villains. Their agents were also weak links- Dragon Man was the biggest, but the rest were The Eel, Plantman, Dreadnought and The Vanisher, along with several new villains, created just for this arc- Tangle, Thermite & Blitz.

-The New Enforcers seek to wipe out The Blood Rose (REALLY? RICHARD FISK is their arch-nemesis? No wonder these assholes failed), and lure him to their hide-out. He is beaten, but an armored Spider-Man arrives and beats all six of the "Inner Circle" villains, but not before losing his new armor (created just to sell that issue's "metallic" cover). The Inner Circle are super-happy that their field agents took the fall, leaving them home free... but they never appear as a group again. Marvunapp indicates that "The storyline was apparently dropped".
Jabroniville

Tangle

Post by Jabroniville »

TANGLE (Gina Palumbo)
Created By:
Terry Kavanagh & Alex Saviuk
First Appearance: Web of Spider-Man #100 (May 1993)
Role: Jobber Villain
Group Affiliations: The New Enforcers
PL 6 (60)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (Criminal) 2 (+2)
Intimidation 2 (+2)
Perception 2 (+2)

Advantages: 
Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Organic Filament Tendrils" Snare 6 (Feats: Split, Tether, Reversible) (Flaws: Feedback) [15]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Snare +6 (+6 Ranged Affliction, DC 16)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +2

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 15 / Defenses: 6 (60)

-Tangle is a serious Jobber who's only ever appeared in one comic- the infamous Web of Spider-Man #100, featuring the "Spider-Armor"- a one-off piece of equipment Spider-Man wore one time, for the sole purpose of selling the "metallic" issue cover. She gained powers from some "Power-Treatments" and joined his "New Enforcers", hunting down the Blood Rose (Richard "The Rose" Fisk in a more "Bad-Ass" identity), but were confronted by an armored Spider-Man (who was feeling especially vulnerable due to the sheer number of baddies after him). Tangle & Thermite taunted Spidey as being "unprepared" to handle them, but he calmly pointed out that they were amateurs and clubbed Tangle out cold with a bit of hardened webbing. When she recovered, she attempted to ensnare him, but he snapped the filaments off her hands- the shock knocked her unconscious.

-The character never appeared in comics again, but for some reason, she and the other New Enforcers showed up in a VIDEO GAME of all things- Spider-Man: Web of Fire for the legendary failed system, the Sega 32X.

-A complete waste who can't even get a good attack in on Spider-Man (who has a specific Complication against new threats so bad that he once jobbed to Typeface), Tangle is really, really low-end. I imagine she retired after this failure.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Davies

Re: Atmos

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:48 pm Image

No, I don't know why his tits are invisible.
Did they ever give any indication what the heck was going on with his physiology?
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I've heard at least one source say that Atmos appeared in other issues with a full torso, so the invisible sections could be a result of his powers or some bizarre fashion sense. In the reboot at least, that's just how his anatomy is.

MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I thought it was just a coloring error,myself.They HAVE happened in comics before.... :D