Batgirl III's Character Thread (Simon Baz, Lady Shiva)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Skaramine

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread

Post by Skaramine »

Hm. A nonogenerian with Fighting 10 and Agl and Dex at a minimum of 5, and that "One Perfect Strike."

Or, what if Chiun was part of the Bat-Family? :)
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

To be fair, her father’s an immortal, so her longevity is kind of a minor superpower.

But, yeah, she’s basically my universe’s version of the Batman.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I love the fact thst Vesper is a combination of Batman(Mythical Urban Crimefighter) & Shang-Chi(Rebellious Child of an Immortal Master Criminal ).

I wonder what her reaction would be to my legacy PC of Sundown?..... :)
Shock

Post by Shock »

I'm kinda disappointed Vesper doesn't ride a Vespa :D
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

EVENTIDE
Cape City Character
Power Level 9 ( 190 PP )

ABILITIES
Strength 3
Stamina 3
Agility 7
Dexterity 7
Fighting 10
Intellect 5
Awareness 4
Presence 4

SKILLS
Acrobatics 8 (+15), Athletics 6 (+9), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+15), Deception 4 (+8), Expertise [Criminology] 10 (+15), Expertise [Streetwise] 14 (+19), Expertise [Technology] 3 (+8), Insight 11 (+15), Intimidation 10 (+14), Investigation 7 (+12), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 4 (+8), Stealth 12 (+19), Slight of Hand 3 (+10), Technology 5 (+10), Treatment 3 (+8), Vehicles 1 (+8)

ADVANTAGES
Assessment, Connected, Contacts, Close Attack (2), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (3), Evasion (1), Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (2), Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (4), Redirect, Startle, Takedown (1), Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

POWERS
Shadowsight Senses 2 (Visual: Darkvision [2]) [ 2 PP ]
Shadowstep Teleport 4 (500'; E: Change Direction [1], Change Velocity [1], Turnabout [1]; F: Medium [limited to shadows]) [ 8 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 15 EP )
Armored Costume Protection 3 (E: Subtle [1]) [ 4 EP ]
Commlink [ 1 EP ]
Rebreather Immunity 2 (Suffocation) [ 2 EP ]
Kunai (Thrown) Damage 2 (Strength-based; E: Ranged) [ 10 EP ]
AE: Kunai (Melee) Damage 2 (Strength-based; E: Improved Critical [2]) [ 1 EP ]
AE: Telescopic Staff Damage 3 (Strength-based; E: Reach [1], Subtle [1], Split [1]) [ 1 EP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (10) Base 3
Parry: (10) Base 0
Fortitude: (8) Base 5
Toughness: (6/8) ——
Will: (8) Base 4

WORKSHEET
Attack: 15 Effect: 3 Total: 18 (Unarmed)
Attack: 12 Effect: 5 Total: 17 (Kunai, Melee)
Attack: 12 Effect: 6 Total: 18 (Telescopic Staff)
Attack: 11 Effect: 5 Total: 16 (Kunai, Thrown)
Dodge: 10 Tough: 6/8 Total: 16/18
Parry: 10 Tough: 6/8 Total: 16/18
Fort: 8 Will: 8 Total: 16

ABILITIES [ 86 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 55 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 27 pp ] +
POWERS [ 10 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 12 pp ] =
188 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Relationships: Xiu Ying Moon, Vesper, is Eventide's mother, mentor, and teacher.
Responsibility: Eventide always fights the good fight, but she feels a special duty towards "her" city.
Secret Identity: Susan Striker, freelance tech blogger.

Education: B.Sc. (Forensics), Banner University
Date of Birth: January 28, 1967 (Age 50)
Base of Operations: Cape City, NJ
Height: 5'5" (1.65 m)
Weight: 101 lbs. (46 kg)
Measurments: 36-26-36
Eyes: Grey
Hair: Black
Race: Mutant Human
Identity: Secret
Religion: Baptist
Relationships: George W. Striker (Father), Xiu Ying Moon (Mother)
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record.

Background:
Susan Qing Striker was only three years old when her grandfather, the infamous Eclipser, began his murderous campaign of revenge against her mother, father, and their friends in the Liberty Club. Although he was ultimately stopped, he ended the lives of Susan's father and four other heroes.

Xiu Ying Moon, alias the Vesper, spent most of the next decade completely apart from the world of superheroes and mystery men. She donned her mask only in the most dire of circumstances to aid her old allies in the reformed Liberty Alliance. The rest of the time was spent raising her daughter and preparing her to face her grandfather's inevitable return. When Susan was thirteen, she began to accompany her mother into the field, as Vesper and Eventide. The mother-daughter duo reclaimed the streets of their city from a resurgent mob and for the next four years the criminal underworld never once slept without one eye open.

Then, in 1984, Eclipser reemerged, kidnapping his granddaughter and bringing her back to one of his hidden bases in China. Vesper and her old friend the Golem journeyed to China to rescue her, but he'd already begun the process of altering the child's DNA. The process was interrupted early and Eclipser's true endgame was never revealed.

Susan has long since stepped out from her mother's shadow, she's been the field leader of the Liberty Alliance West for nearly twenty years and even served as the chairwoman of the Liberty Alliance Worldwide for three terms. Her duties with L.A.W. keep her away from "her" city far more than she'd like, but she does what she must.
Skaramine

Post by Skaramine »

So, 1984, her grandpa is not the 1969 hero killer. Hmmm.
Just call me Doug.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Skaramine wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 2:38 am So, 1984, her grandpa is not the 1969 hero killer. Hmmm.
Her grandfather has been running a continent-spanning criminal empire since before Queen Victoria's coronation.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Batgirl III wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 2:52 am
Skaramine wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 2:38 am So, 1984, her grandpa is not the 1969 hero killer. Hmmm.
Her grandfather has been running a continent-spanning criminal empire since before Queen Victoria's coronation.
That's not funny. I am not... oh, never mind.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Batgirl III

There's a bad moon on the rise

Post by Batgirl III »

ECLIPSER
Cape City Character
Power Level 15 ( 225 PP )

ABILITIES
Strength 0
Stamina 3
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 12
Intellect 10
Awareness 6
Presence 6

SKILLS
Athletics 3 (+3), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+18), Deception 9 (+15), Expertise [Criminal] 15 (+25), Expertise [History] 3 (+13), Expertise [Politics] 3 (+13), Expertise [Science] 10 (+20), Insight 9 (+15), Intimidation 4 (+10), Investigation 10 (+20), Perception 6 (+12), Persuasion 6 (+12), Sleight of Hand 5 (+8), Stealth 5 (+8), Technology 5 (+15), Treatment 5 (+15)

ADVANTAGES
Assessment, Benefit [Cipher, Wealth (5)], Close Attack (4), Connected, Contacts, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (3), Diehard, Equipment (15), Great Endurance, Improved Critical [Unarmed (2)], Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (1), Inspire, Inventor, Jack-of-All-Trades, Languages (2), Precise Attack [Close, Concealment], Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (5), Skill Mastery [Treatment], Startle, Takedown (1), Well-Informed

POWERS
Immortal Immunity 1 (Aging) [ 1 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 75 EP )
Special Note: Eclipser is the endlessly resourceful evil mastermind character in my Cape City Universe. Listing individual items of Equipment for him would basically be a waste of time in forum format. One can safely assume he pretty much has any item of mundane Equipment. Indeed, in M&M game terms, the Eclipser has plenty of options for breaking out the odd or unusual piece of gear beyond just Equipment Ranks: He's a Billionaire, he's got the Inventor Advantage, and Connections/Contacts in all sorts of unsavory places.

DEFENSE
Dodge (10) Base 7
Parry: (12) Base 0
Fortitude: (10) Base 7
Toughness: (3/6) ——
Will: (12) Base 6

WORKSHEET
Attack: 18 Effect: 0 Total: 18 (Unarmed)
Dodge: 10 Tough: 3/6 Total: 13/16
Parry: 12 Tough: 3/6 Total: 15/18
Fort: 10 Will: 12 Total: 22

ABILITIES [100 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 50 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 54 pp ] +
POWERS [ 1 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 20 pp ] =
225 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Enemy: Eclipser will stop at nothing to revenge himself on those who have betrayed him: Sundown, Vesper, and Eventide

Education: Nonapplicable
Date of Birth: Unknown (Age Unknown)
Base of Operations: Asia
Height: 5'0" (1.52 m)
Weight: 90 lbs. (40.8 kg)
Eyes: Black
Hair: Black
Race: Human
Identity: Secret
Religion: Taoist
Relationships: Unknown
Legal Status: Nonapplicable

Background:
Whatever name he was born with has been lost to time and the literal translation of his adopted name from the ancient Mandarin dialect would be "Slayer of Heavenly Light" or "Destroyer of Celestial Peace," the mysterious criminal mastermind is best known today as Eclipser.

Eclipser's origins are shrouded in myth, legend, and misdirection. Even his own daughter is uncertain as to the veracity of them all. But the best that Vesper has been able to piece together is as follows: Eclipser was born more than two centuries ago in what is now Outer Mongolia, part of a wandering tribe of nomads. Interested in the science and medicines of the city dwellers from an early age, the young man left his tribe to live in a city, where he became a physician and philosopher.

Starting in the 1860s, Dr. Moon (as he had become known by the British Colonizers) built himself an organized crime syndicate in China and struggled against various Western powers who tried to thwart his schemes to expand his power. The Boxer Rebellion of 1899 temporarily put his plans on hold, but Dr. Moon appeared again during the First World War. He carved out a criminal empire — The Eclipse Society — that ran from the northern hills of the Korean Peninsula to the southern river deltas of Vietnam; from the ocean docks of Shanghai to the desert mountains of Iran.

The Second World War was a great blow to the Eclipse Society, the war itself was only a minor disruption due to the Japanese invasion of his eastern territory. But Dr. Moon adapted and profited handsomely from the war... It was the peace that hindered him the most. A new tide of nationalism swept Asia, the European colonizers withdrew, and dozens of new national governments sprang up like mushrooms after the rain. As Dr. Moon's empire slowly reorganized, it was forced to do so largely on its own: their immortal leader was distracted by a personal vendetta.

The greatest enemy that the Eclipse Society had during the 1940s and 1950s was the American Marine known as Sgt. Striker. Striker and Eclipser had been allies, reluctantly, during the war against the Japs. Striker had even remained in China after V-J Day. Striker foiled the sinister doctor’s Post-War plans at every turn. Worse still, Sundown also won the heart of Moon's daughter, Vesper. Eventually, atop the frozen ice of the Chosin Reservoir in Korea, Striker and the Eclipser had their "final" duel. The great battle left Striker nearly paralyzed from the waist-down and without the use of his left-arm. But, in return, the Eclipser caught a silver bullet right between the eyes, fell into the freezing water, and was no more... Or so it was thought at the time.

Vesper and Striker returned to Cape City, Striker's injuries meant that he had to retire from heroics, for a time, while his new wife helped him recover and recuperate. After the infamous "Romeo Riots," Striker created the super-heroic persona of Sundown and began his crusade against crime. Soon thereafter, he began to assemble the Liberty Club of young, like-minded heroes.

This era ended in a bloody tragedy that came to be known as "Twilight of the Superheroes." Sundown was murdered in his own Wayne Heights home by the Eclipser. The first of a series of murders targeting the Liberty Club in their civilian identities. Eclipser would go on to murder five of the seven members of the Liberty Club, with only the Golem and Vesper escaping the massacre.

Vesper traveled to the seat of her father's empire, deep in the Gobi Desert, challenging him to a duel to the death. Again, the evil doctor fell... And again, he cheated death as he had so many times before.

In the 1970s and 1980s, rebuilt his criminal empire from the shadows and continues to plot vengeance against his own daughter and her child by his greatest foe. In 1984 Eclipser attempted to kidnap his granddaughter, but Vesper and the Golem came to rescue her. But not before Eclipser had begun his process of tinkering with the young girl's DNA, the source of her new metahuman abilities.

Eventually, the granddaughter would join her mother's crime-fighting crusade, the Vesper and Eventide continue their shadow war with the Eclipse Society even today.

Eclipser has a brilliant scientific and analytical mind, making him one of the greatest scientists and inventors who has ever lived. He freely combines his advanced scientific skills with knowledge of ancient Chinese herbalism, alchemy, and martial arts. Eclipser prefers to operate as a mastermind behind the scenes, using various pawns to put his plans into action. On those occasions when he does take direct action, he demonstrates a near total mastery of the martial arts, mastery of disguise, and extremely careful planning — such as the elaborate false identity of Jonathan Smith, Sundown's next door neighbor for three years, that allowed him to get close enough to carry our his murderous revenge.

The Eclipse Society maintains secret bases hidden around the world and legions of followers rush to carry out his every command.

Eclipser is the Evil Mastermind of the Cape City 'verse; although individual villains like Revelation or Phobos have greater power and cosmic entities like Astrosyche or the Terminus are, well, cosmic entities... When it comes to influence, reach, and organizational power, no one can touch the Eclipse Society.

And yes, he's a Fu Manchu rip-off.
Skaramine

Post by Skaramine »

But you said he started his campaign against Vesper and her pals around Eventide's birth...
Just call me Doug.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

1941-45: Striker (the future Sundown) fights against the Japanese in China during WWII, Vesper aids him.

Post-War: Striker and Vesper expose Eclipser to the authorities.

1957: Striker debuts as Sundown.

1967: Eventide born.

1968: Eclipser kills Sundown and most of the Liberty Club.

1984: Eclipse kidnaps Eventide.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Unless I'm missing something, Eclipser isn't getting past PL11 anywhere. Where are you getting PL15?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Shock wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:22 am Unless I'm missing something, Eclipser isn't getting past PL11 anywhere. Where are you getting PL15?
Expertise (Criminal). Skills can only be +10 above your level.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Eclipser isn’t intended as much of a direct physical threat against anyone too much beyond the “pulp hero” level. He’s the Ra’s al-Ghûl / Fu Manchu archetype of villain, not the Mongul type. He should have an endless swarm of mooks at his beck and call, of course, but he’s not a threat due to his PL but due to his plotting.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 1:18 pm Eclipser isn’t intended as much of a direct physical threat against anyone too much beyond the “pulp hero” level. He’s the Ra’s al-Ghûl / Fu Manchu archetype of villain, not the Mongul type. He should have an endless swarm of mooks at his beck and call, of course, but he’s not a threat due to his PL but due to his plotting.
This is what i like about the Capeverse.You combine some really good archtypes into Fantastic characters&Backstories.
I can't to see your Avengers/Justice League combination,as i love your Invaders/Justice Society one The Liberty Club....:)