The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"Somebody is screwing with my head. Dunno what." She added. "Or who." she said tightly, still fending off whoever it was. She considered. "If I can't fight this thing off, knock me out."
Last edited by kirinke on Wed May 09, 2018 2:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I'll ask Amy for another Perception check
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

Even in her mental 'scape the thing skittering against her defenses was little more than a shadow to her perceptions, perhaps due to the fact she was concentrating on keeping the darned thing out and the fact that she was terribly new at trying to decipher the strange colors and impressions she was being bombarded with. Sometimes she should listen to Alma and leave the Meowth in the bag as it were.

ooc
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=204351 perception 9 high-low. le sigh. using an LP to add ten as necessary. Hey, gotta role with the rolls. :lol:
Last edited by kirinke on Thu May 10, 2018 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Battle Init
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Kar'Anna Maraneth
Condition: Normal
HP: 1
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:08 pm"We should probably get out of here. Anna, the other guy said he could 'travel the Dark Paths'. Can you? If so, can you get others out that way?"
"No, That's why I had that teleporter that burnt out after I used it. I can ease our fall if we have to jump though."

Kar'Anna reaches out and brings the crystal to her. It's glow reflects in her eyes as she guides it to a pouch without touching it.

Will: 1d20+7 20
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"Can we hurry? This thing is nasty." Amy said as she 'slammed' a mental window on the thing's outstretched tentacles, causing it to scream curses at her. "I told you, you aren't welcome in my head! Next time, I'm singing the song that won't end at you!"

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rand

The illusory McKay gives Amy a worried look, the illusion mimicking the man under the helmet and betraying the implacability afforded by Mandalorian armor. The synthesized voice is still calm but rapid.

"I can fly us off the balcony. We can be miles from here in a matter of seconds if you think that will help." Rand offers, extending a hand to the young psychic.
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"Can't hurt. Distance can weaken the power of some psychics or sensitives. It depends on what powers they have, how strong they are and their range." she shivered. "Let's go." she said, letting him scoop her up.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Kar'Anna feels something push against her mind, but it does not get a hold as it meets resistance from the Drow.

Amy on the other hand, continues to struggle against the presence. It's not getting any hold on her mind, but it's assault is relentless. The tentacles that reach across her mental shields, trying to find entry start to become more cohesive. A red-skinned mind-flayer wielding a double-bladed lightsaber starts walking towards her in her mind, only to morph into a mass of Cthuluian tentacles.

The purple crystal seems to "fight" Kar'Anna's desire to stash it in her pocket, but she manages to not touch it physically.

There's also one other piece of information that Rand's searches of the various resources turned up - in fact if the searches are still running, it just appears now. The El-Rey appeared during the initial stages of the Merge and as a result, the town became more important tourist wise. The population is still getting used to the influx of people.

Amy's mental construct continues to be proof against the enemy testing her, but as she heads to the window, she sees lightning fork across the otherwise clear sky.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The search results popping up were an annoyance more than anything as Rand cradles the young psychic. With a shift of his eyes and a twitch of a finger he ports the information to Shannon's datalink and Lindsey's 'smart phone' (though, by his standards those devices were dumb as Terellian Mollusks). He quick scan meant there was a possibility that the hotel just overstaffed their cleaning crews, but his current focus meant the others would have to suss that out themselves and decide what to do.

"Hold your breath, tighten your core muscles if you want to avoid passing out." he says warningly. With Amy's head against his arm to avoid whiplash, there's the audible hum of Rand's afterburners firing and a release of thick, white, odorless smoke heralds his departure like a rocket through the open balcony door. They are 2 miles away in a matter of 6 seconds [2 Moves] if Rand judges that Amy can take that velocity.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Amy will need to make a Fortitude check to avoid having her breath "taken away"
As well as another Will save.

Rand touches down some distance away, but Amy still feels the touch of the presence in her mind. Whatever it is, its laughing at her now.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY HP 1, LP 0

Amy flicks on the 'lights', chasing the shadows the thing brings with it away. As the door to her mental 'home' bursts open she screams in terror and horror as the thing morphs into Cthuluian tentacles.

Just like Belize she thought as she backed away from the thing. Praying for a miracle, the girl 'heard' Rand and did the opposite. She hoped the temporary shock of loosing consciousness would drive it out of her head and at the very least, deny it the prize.

ooc
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=204438 will roll 9

http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=204452 fort 9 her breath is taken away. Man CC is hating me.

I hope her reaction is believable enough. Who wouldn't be terrified if something like that was mucking about uninvited in your noggin!

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//did Lindsey notice any of this? I am a bit at a loss...
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[This all happened in front of Lindsey. We opened the case, Rand said there was suspicious activity in the hallway and they should split up the crystals. Amy claimed of being attacked. Rand sent information to your smart phone before flying the girl out at break-neck speeds.]

Rand looked down at the limp girl in his arms. He had no way of knowing how the attack resolved itself so he couldn't risk taking her back to the inn and presumably closer to whatever was trying to get in her mind.

He set her down and began trying to awaken her.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 4:53 pm //did Lindsey notice any of this? I am a bit at a loss...
kirinke being kirinke went with the posts. :) Essentially, both Kar'anna and Amy felt something touch their minds. Kar'Anna seems to have sloughed it off so no, Lindsey did not notice that. Amy on the other hand seems to have reacted physically to it, talking aloud and gesturing. To the point that Rand offered to remove her from the current location to see if that would help.

All of you saw that. It was quite something to see MacKay suddenly spew smoke from his back and fly off.
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

S & S

<<Something is forcing itself on Amy's mind-glow>> Sherlock signed.

"Can you do anything? And is it safe to try?" She asked her closest friend.

<<There's only one way to find out.>> He signed, then reached out psychically. He was, after all, a treecat who had chosen to bond with an officer in the Royal Manticoran Navy, and one who aspired to the finest traditions of her service. Which meant that he could hardly ignore the situation if he could do something.