Bladewind's M&M 3ed Builds

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Hoid

Re: Bladewind's M&M 3ed Builds

Post by Hoid »

Bladewind wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:28 pm Image
Oh. My.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

lol !

To be honest, I don't usually model for the pics that I use for my characters. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Although great art, and I certainly cannot do better, this isn't quite what I'm looking for. I personally like the "Archie-Legion" render of Ultra-Boy's suit, and would love to see that as a Rule 63)

Ultra Girl
Demetra Lemaris

Abilities
Strength 11,
Stamina 6,
Agility 3,
Dexterity 2,
Fighting 10,
Intellect 1,
Awareness 4,
Presence 2

Powers
Child of Atlantis: (14 points)
Aquatic: Immunity 3 [(Cold, Pressure, Drowning)],
Environmental Adaptation (Aquatic): Movement 1,
Low-Light Vision: Senses 1,
Swimming 8
Child of Themiscyra: (32 points)
Ageless: Immunity 1 [Age at a greatly reduced rate],
Polyglot: Comprehend 3 [Speak/Read/Understand; Quirk – Has to spend some time listening to a new language (GM call)],
Comprehend Fauna: Comprehend 1 [Understand Animals],
Super-Strength: Enhanced Strength 3 [Power-Lifting 3],
Tough: Protection 3,
Speed 8,
Quickness 4
Bracers of Protection: (16 points)
Removable (-4 points)
Protection Field: Create 11 [Sustained; Quirk – Limited to Spheres around creator, Activation]

Equipment
Legion Gear
Flight Ring
Subspace Communication: Communication 5 [Limited (-3) – to sending distress signal], Flight 7,
Telepathic Earplug
Telepathic Earplug: Comprehend 2 [Speak/ Understand],
Mental Communication: Communication 1 [Close],
Transuit
Life Support: Immunity 10 [Not vs Starvation/ Thirst]

Advantages
Attractive 1
, Animal Empathy,
Defensive Roll 2,
Ranged Attack 4,
Teamwork,
All-Out Attack,
Defensive Attack,
Improved Initiative,
Power Attack,
Precise Attack 1 [Concealment],
Extraordinary Effort,
Uncanny Dodge,
Interpose,
Move-by Action,
Evasion 1,
Fast Grab,
Grabbing Finesse,
Improved Grab,
Improved Hold,
Improved Trip,
Close Attack 1

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+9),
Athletics 6 (+17),
Deception (+2),
Expertise: Atlantean Lore 5 (+6),
Expertise: Themiscyran Lore 5 (+6),
Expertise: Tactics 8 (+9),
Insight 6 (+10),
Intimidation (+2),
Perception 7 (+11),
Persuasion (+2),
Stealth 6 (+9),
Treatment 5 (+6)

Offense
Initiative +3
Unarmed +11,
Damage 11

Defense
Dodge 11,
Parry 10
Toughness 11 (Def Roll 2),
Fortitude 13,
Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 72 + Powers 62 + Advantages 23 + Skills 18 + Defenses 20 = Total 195

Complications

Design Notes:
:arrow: Using my creation/ house rules from my LSH Legacy Game, other than the LSH equipment - used basic Flight Ring and Transuit from Heroes and Villains. (Skills 3:1, Presence grants Social Advantage/ Rank)
:arrow: I was leaning towards a powerhouse with this build instead of a paragon or full on Aquaman homage.

Background
Using Ares' interpretation of future Themsicyra and to an extent Atlantis to rework an old legacy character of mine.

The original version of this character was a child of Wonder Woman and Aquaman, living on Themiscyra in the 30th century before journeying to the main world and eventually winding up in the Legion of Superheroes. Despite the changes, most of her history remains intact, and she's updated from a freeform character to MnM 3e.

(edited for space and flow in this post's context - all ideas in the quoted text are those posted by Ares.
The only aspect from Ares' concept that I'd alter a little - but did not in the below text - is the concept of mastering all the temples. Simply because of the quantity of gods and the unlikelihood - IMO - of every god being willing to grant a boon to every master who divides their attention. Diana for instance, mastered a minimum of six temples. Donna Troy approximately the same. Cassandra Sandsmark was a direct demi-goddess and there's one more with the mantle of "Wonder" in her name in my setting - Atalanta, but she's directly heir to the power of Shazam.)

Ares wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:22 pm

In the 30th century, things have changed in both Atlantis and Themyscria. Both are on the Earth Government Planetary Council, and over time have actually progressed. Atlantis, while not publicly known as one of the great places of magical training, still manages to attract those on that path and welcome them. It also has the advantage of being a huge tourist location. Amazon society has truly changed over the last 500 years or so, as they're no longer isolationist, they've opened their island to the rest of the world, and offer their way of life to everyone. The Amazons are no longer immortal (even though they are still extremely long-lived by "normal" human standards) and actually have men living on the island as full Amazonian citizens, practicing the Amazon philosophy and their way of life. They got rid of the monarchy, with a ruling council of elected representatives with one of their number being elected to a leadership position with some genuine authority. All of this as a result of Diana going out into the world to save it and spread ideals of peace, tolerance, equality and excellence, that the Amazons didn't change themselves.
I share Ares' headcanon about Amazons - going back to their older roots where Diana wasn't magically gifted with power from the gods to be greater than the other Amazons, but rather that all of the Amazons have some degree of superhuman ability through training. I would alter things a little tho, with the idea that the reasons Amazons can train to get superhuman strength or speed (whereas Batman can't) is because the island actually has a temple devoted to each god or goddess where an Amazon can go to train. During the training process, the initiate undergoes a ritual where the god or goddess grants them a magical boon that essentially allows them superhuman growth in a skill or physical ability the god/dess shares, but only in direct relation to the effort given to train said ability.

So, if you had someone who wanted to train at the Temple of Hercules, they could do so, and after they prove their dedication, they undergo a ritual where Hercules will literally come down from Olympus and go "I have seen the strength of your conviction. I grant you my boon so that your physical strength will match the strength within thy heart." After that, the person won't gain any innate strength boost, but now whatever training they do to increase their strength and durability will not be limited to their normal human biology. They can attain superhuman strength if they work hard on it.
Ares wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:22 pm
Each temple would have several Masters who have, well, mastered the teachings and training methods of their own temple. On the island there would be several Amazons who have mastered the teachings of several temples. Wonder Woman would have been the first Amazon to master the teachings of every temple, which is the sole reason for her amazing abilities. Donna Troy would go on to become the second Amazon to achieve this, and so on.
I would also play with the idea of their being basically a radical group of Amazons who feel that, by allowing men, joining the outside world and changing to adapt with the times, they've lost their way. So they're going to try to "Make Themyscria Pure" again by kicking out all of the men and return things to the good old days, and basically be parodies of the worst kind of Amazon portrayals we've seen over the years.

Demetra Lemaris is a citizen of Themiscyra in the 30th Century. Her mother is an Amazon, and her father is a prince of Atlantis. Demetra chose to spend as much time as possible in both of her homes, truly appreciating and learning everything that her rich heritage had to offer. From Atlantis, she grew to study sciences and to understand the mystic arts (if not become a true practitioner) and while in Themiscyra she learned to fight and studied under several masters in various temples.

By the time she was physically seventeen (which was probably about three or four times that amount in actual years), Demetra was well on her way to becoming a devoted master of several of the temples of Themiscyra despite the time she devoted between her two homes. She was a star pupil at no matter what she studied, but it was her masters in the temples of Athena and Aphrodite who noted her compassion and humility. Demetra went out of her way to be normal, to fit in, as well as to not outshine others despite her gifted nature.

Demetra exemplified Amazonian teachings - on several occasions she dismissed notions that she was on her way to becoming the first Wonder Woman in centuries. She likely would have clashed with the isolationist group on the Island, if she bothered to engage. Instead, Demetra only debated their philosophy in the appropriate places and made sure to never flaunt her gifts and abilities so as to not draw unwelcome confrontations.

At the suggestion of her Athenian trainers, Demetra ventured to Metropolis. She was to study outside the serenity of Atlantis and Themiscyra for a time, to seek new challenges. And the challenge was also to determine whether or not she would use her gifts as the few of her level of mastery eventually did - follow in the footsteps of Wonder Woman.

That day did come.

Although many of the children of the existing Legionnaires went to the Legion Academy and were inducted by virtue of graduating, the Legion still held tryouts from time to time to recruit from would be heroes.

Demetra had no real intention to try out, although she would attend as an observer. And indeed, the Legion were known as peacekeepers by this era and had very few real threats to face. A few days before the tryouts was no different - nothing spectacular - no invasion, no supervillain attack. No, it was simply a damaged piece of construction equipment and a falling beam; a series of unfortunate accidents that had the potential to cause much harm and damage. Demetra happened to be wearing a T-Shirt from one of the legendary superheroes of the the 21st century - Superman. It was a fact that may have escaped her notice when she sprang into action, but it was one that would be certainly noticed afterwards.

In the commotion of her "first appearance" Demetra finally understood what her masters meant by becoming a champion of Themiscyra. But she still felt uncomfortable with the mantle of Wonder Woman. Dubbed Supergirl rather quickly by onlookers, and at the direct invitation of the Legion, Demetra attended their tryouts. However, without a true superhero identity of her own, she followed her own lead from her "first appearance" and wore a generic Legion logo t-shirt in lieu of a costume.

While awaiting her turn during tryouts, one of the members of the isolationist sect from back home arrived and demanded to try out. She wore a costume/ uniform akin to that of Donna Troy's red jumpsuit. Her demeanor was arrogant, her posture suggested she felt superior to others. She didn't recognize Demetra, and scoffed at the woman who would have been called "Supergirl," announcing that she was Wonder Woman and that it was demeaning to be referred to as girl. She brushed passed Demetra and announced that she would show the world, and the galaxy, that the women of Themiscyra were superior to all others. Demanding a volunteer, it was Lournu Durgo who stepped forward. The Carrrgite was no match for the super-strong Themiscyran and the latter was intent on demonstrating her strength. Without thinking, just before Lournu was seriously hurt, Demetra stepped in. The arrogant Themiscyran was on the ground before the Legion, their security or anyone else could react. Demetra whispered something in the erstwhile Wonder Woman's ear before releasing her more powerful grip and the latter fled, embarrassed and shamed. During these tense few moments, Saturn Girl looked over Demetra's application, her eyes wide. She showed it to the others on the appraising panel and it was unanimously decided that Demetra's quick thinking and decisive handling of the situation were her application and that she was accepted into the Legion.

Still not willing to take the names of Wonder Woman or Wonder Girl, Demetra hesitated but felt that becoming Supergirl was just as large a legacy to fill and that she had not earned that name either. It was Jo Nah that stepped forward, an experienced hero in his own right, he offered to officially sponsor her membership, and suggested his name and colors if she did not want to create her own or take one of the ones that were hers by right. Demetra became Ultra Girl.

She was soon gifted with Bracers of Protection - symbols and reminders of the Ancient Amazons, infused with magic by the gods. Her bracers are capable of creating energy fields and she uses them as a last resort as they are a giveaway to her heritage.

Powers and Abilities
Obviously an Amazonian Warrior, Demetra takes a large portion of strength and stamina from being born in Atlantis. Her ability to breath on land and in water also comes from that heritage, but she makes certain to give praise to Poisedon for his blessings.

Demetra is a near-master of several of the temples of Themiscyra. These include many that Diana mastered - Hermes (Speed/ Reflexes, but not Flight), Demeter (Strength), Artemis (A hunter's heart/eye), Athena (Wisdom/ Courage), Aphrodite (Compassion), and Hecate (see her sheet).

Changes to previous version of this character
The original character was named Kara, in tribute to Supergirl. She also took the name Z'Orel, added in a moment of cheese factor on my part. I liked the reboot version of M'Onel, where M'Onel was altered from the Kryptonian reference to be a Martian word for Wanderer. I had Z'Orel mean princess.

She was the daughter of Wonder Woman and Aquaman in the future, still had Amazonian Immortality, and instead of taking the guise of Ultra Girl, she wore an emblem-less version of the Strange Visitor/ Electric Superman costume and called herself Torpedo.

Also, the original character was made for a game based on Superboy's Legion, with exchanges between the two when she wore S-shield T-Shirt. I went with my Legacy Legion for Demetra.
Last edited by Bladewind on Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Skaramine

Post by Skaramine »

An Amazon Atlantian hybrid heroine is a great idea!
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Thanks ! And thanks to Ares, I finally have a version of her backstory that is much more inspired than the original.
Last edited by Bladewind on Wed May 02, 2018 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"That's the first thing I learned about hunter culture - you're only as good as you're last fight."

Machiko Noguchi
PL6/ 135 PP

Abilities
Strength 3,
Stamina 5,
Agility 5,
Dexterity 5
Fighting 6,
Intellect 3,
Awareness 2,
Presence 0

Powers
Peak Human: (15 points)
Sure Footed: Movement 2,
Safe Fall: Movement 1 [Limited to near surface, requires claws],
Unfazeable: Immunity 5 [(Interaction Skills)],
Vaulting: Leaping 2 [Athletics Check Required (DC 11)],
Fast: Speed 1,
Light Sleeper: Feature 1 [Ignore hearing penalties for sleeping],
Tolerance Levels: Immunity 3 [(Poison, Cold, Heat); (Cold & Heat limited to Half Effect)]
Hunter's Equipment: (16 points)
Throwing Disc: Damage 5 [Ranged, Penetrating; Easily Removable]
Alt: Wrist Claws: Damage 3 [Strength Based; Penetrating; Removable, Indestructible]
Alt: Plasma Caster: Damage 7 [Ranged; Unreliable (5 uses); Easily Removable]
Hunter's Mask: Senses 5 [Infravision, Low-Light Vision, Visual Tracking, Ultravision; Immunity (Gases); Removable],
There's Nothing Here: Concealment 3 [Normal Sight, Normal Hearing; Blending; Removable]

Equipment
Hunter's Equipment
Vocal Mimic: Feature 1 [Audio Recorder],
Net: Feature 4 [Strength Based, Grabbing 3, Entangling, Binding]
Alt: Dagger: Damage 1 [Strength Based; Dangerous (Crit 19-20)]
Alt: Sword: Damage 3 [Strength Based, Slashing]General Equipment
Cutting Torch: Damage 3 [Precise, Linked to Weaken Toughness 1], Wrist Comp: Feature 2 [Computer]
Standard Equipment
Smartphone (+Video Camera, +Computer, +Camera) (5 ep),
Rebreather (2 ep),
First Aid Kit (Tools – Treatment) (1 ep)

Advantages
Languages 1 [Japanese, English, Yuatja],
Assessment,
Defensive Attack,
All-Out Attack,
Chokehold,
Improved Defense,
Improved Disarm,
Improved Hold,
Improved Trip,
Power Attack,
Improvised Weapon 2,
Instant Up,
Evasion 1,
Equipment 4,
Tracking,
Benefit 1 [Strength for Intimidation],
Great Endurance

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+11),
Athletics 6 (+9),
Deception (+0),
Expertise: Economics 4 (+7),
Expertise: Tactics 6 (+9),
Expertise: Xenomorphs, Yuatja 6 (+9),
Insight (+2),
Intimidation 3 (+6),
Perception 9 (+11),
Persuasion (+0),
Stealth 6 (+11),
Treatment 2 (+5),
Vehicles 3 (+8)

Offense
Initiative +5
Unarmed +6, Damage 3
Plasma Caster +5, Damage 7
Wrist Blade +6, Damage 6
Spear +6, Damage 6, Double (Split), Reach
Net +6, Damage 3

Defense
Dodge 7,
Parry 7
Toughness 5 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 5,
Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 58 + Powers 31 + Advantages 21 + Skills 17 + Defenses 8 = Total 135

Complications
Motivation – Hunter's Code: For Noguci, this is more a personal code of Bushido – in that she must hold that loyalty, courage, veracity, compassion, and honor as important, above all else.
Hatred – Xenomorphs
Blooded – In Yuatja circles this can mean the difference between being struck down or hailed as an ally

Design Notes
:arrow: Using (mostly) my House Rules for Omega Company - Skills 3:1. Power Point total is way above the PCs, but this is an NPC.
:arrow: I purposefully left off the bomb from the Hunter Equipment
:arrow: No charge for the Yuatja language - she can barely communicate, and understands a smattering. I could list a cost as this is an NPC, but don't see the need. I listed it on the sheet to say that it's there.
:arrow: If I was planning on adding Xenomporhs to the campaign, she'd have Favoured Enemy (Xenomporhs) and maybe Favoured Environment (Xenomorph Hive) and her mask would probably be immune to acid (Indestructible).
:arrow: And although I posted a pic of an action figure/ statue of the character, I really don't get the fishnet stocking look for this character. Well, i get it. Fanservice and Predator Armor. But still. In my mind she wears more than that. Probably something vaguely Mandalorian in style. Not quite a Stark Exosuit, but not just simple armor either.
Last edited by Bladewind on Thu May 10, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Darth Curus
PL8/ 184 PP

Abilities
Strength 2,
Stamina 3,
Agility 4,
Dexterity 3,
Fighting 3,
Intellect 2,
Awareness 3,
Presence 3

Powers
Force Senses: (7 points)
Mental Detection: Senses 6 [Ranged Acute, Accurate, Detect, Extended],
Force Awareness: Senses 1
Force Array: (24 points)
Emotion Control: Affliction 6 [Impaired, Disabled, Incapacitated (Resisted and Overcome by Will); Perception, Cumulative; Instant Recovery; Subtle, Variable Descriptor (Emotions)]
Alt: Move Object 8
Alt: Pain: Damage 9 [Ranged; Subtle, Variable Descriptor (Pain)]
Alt: Force Bullet: Damage 8 [Ranged; Quirk – Requires Object as Ammo, Indirect]
Alt: Hallucination: Illusion 5 [All Senses; Selective; Limited to One Subject]
Force Powers: (25 points)
Mind Switch: Affliction 8 [Transformed – Resisted and Overcome by Will; Perception, Cumulative; Limited Degree 2, Side Effect (Target's Mind controls your body); Insidious, Subtle],
Force Cloak: Concealment 10 [All Senses; Limited to Force Senses, Resistible by Will; Will DC +5 (DC 25)],
Predictive Dodge: Enhanced Dodge 3 [Quirk – not again opponents immune to Mental Powers],
Predictive Parry: Enhanced Parry 4 [Quirk – not again opponents immune to Mental Powers]

Equipment

Advantages
Attractive 1,
Daze 1,
Fascinate 1,
Languages 1 [Lekku, English, Spanish],
Close Attack 4,
Defensive Roll 4,
Ritualist [Use Expertise (The Force) to create and perform rituals],
Accurate Attack, D
efensive Attack,
Improved Disarm,
Improved Initiative 1,
Power Attack,
Taunt,
Equipment 10 [HQ – The El Rey],
Well-Informed,
Assessment, Evasion 2,
Trance,
Uncanny Dodge,
Minion 10

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+8),
Athletics 5 (+7),
Deception 6 (+9),
Expertise: The Force 9 (+11),
Expertise: Business 3 (+5),
Insight (+3),
Intimidation 6 (+9), Investigation 6 (+8),
Perception 7 (+10),
Persuasion 8 (+11),
Ranged Combat: The Force 4 (+7),
Sleight of Hand 7 (+10),
Stealth 8 (+12),
Technology 6 (+8)

Offense
Initiative +8

Defense
Dodge 8,
Parry 9
Toughness 7 (Def Roll 4),
Fortitude 7,
Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 46 + Powers 56 + Advantages 42 + Skills 27 + Defenses 13 = Total 184

Complications
:arrow: That would be telling !

Design Notes
:arrow: For the astute, this is a baddy coming up in my Omega Company game. Yes, I "changed" her skin color as she was originally green but this pic is too good not to use.
:arrow: Same House Rules (Skills 3:1, Free Advantage/ Presence rank) even if point total is way up there. Thing is, I simply wanted to nail down abilities and set limits on what these characters can do.
:arrow: I wrote it on the sheet, but did not charge for Lekku. So Lekku and English count as "Native"
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Merrara

PL7/ 197 PP

Abilities
Strength 3,
Stamina 3,
Agility 4,
Dexterity 4,
Fighting 5,
Intellect 1,
Awareness 2,
Presence 4

Powers
Force Abilities: (25 points)
Mental Detection: Senses 6 [Ranged Acute, Accurate, Detect, Extended],
Force Awareness: Senses 1,
Analyze Style: Affliction 7 [Resisted and Overcome by Will; Vulnerable, Defenseless; Perception Range; Limited to your Attacks, Limited Degree; Insidious, Subtle],
Force Leaping: Leaping 4 [Dynamic]
Dyn: Force Speed: Speed 4 [Dynamic]
Force Link: Feature 2 [Communication Link with “sisters”]
Force Array: (17 points)
Move Object 7
Alt: Force Bullet: Damage 7 [Ranged; Indirect, Quirk – Requires object as Ammo]
Alt: Drain Energy: Affliction 7 [Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude: Impaired, Disabled, Dying; Cumulative]
Alt: Suppress Life: Weaken 6 [(stamina); Limited to Recovery Checks; Incurable, Insidiuous, ]
Martial Abilities: (4 points)
Unarmed Strike: Damage 3 [Strength Based],
Catfall: Enhanced Trait 1 [Safe Fall, Limited to Distance Rank 0]

Equipment

Advantages
Attractive 4,
Accurate Attack,
Assessment,
Contacts,
Defensive Attack,
Defensive Roll 2,
Evasion 2,
Improved Aim,
Improved Grab,
Improved Initiative 3,
Power Attack,
Precise Attack 4 [Close and Ranged, Cover and Concealment],
Ranged Attack 4,
Takedown 1,
Throwing Mastery 4,
Uncanny Dodge,
Agile Feint,
Improved Trip,
Prone Fighting,
Hide in Plain Sight,
All-Out Attack,
Improved Critical 2 [Unarmed 18-20],
Improved Defense,
Close Attack 3,
Instant Up,
Equipment 10

Skills
Acrobatics 8 (+12),
Athletics 8 (+11),
Deception 9 (+13),
Expertise: Tactics 6 (+7),
Expertise: The Force 6 (+7),
Insight 8 (+10),
Intimidation 6 (+10),
Perception 8 (+10),
Persuasion 7 (+11),
Sleight of Hand 7 (+11),
Stealth 9 (+13),
Technology 6 (+7),
Treatment 2 (+3),
Vehicles 3 (+7)

Offense
Initiative +16

Defense
Dodge 9
Parry 9
Toughness 5 (Def Roll 2),
Fortitude 6,
Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 52 + Powers 46 + Advantages 50 + Skills 31 + Defenses 18 = Total 197

Complications
:arrow: ah, ah, AH !

Design Notes
:arrow: Another for the astute, this is a baddy coming up in my Omega Company game.
:arrow: Same House Rules (Skills 3:1, Free Advantage/ Presence rank) even if point total is way up there. Thing is, I simply wanted to nail down abilities and set limits on what these characters can do
Last edited by Bladewind on Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Ming Tsung
PL7/ 247 PP

Abilities
Strength 3
, Stamina 3,
Agility 1,
Dexterity 5,
Fighting 6,
Intellect 2,
Awareness 3,
Presence 1

Powers
Outworlder: (94 points)
Long Lived: Immunity 2 [Aging, Need for Sleep],
Master Linguist: Comprehend 3 [Speak, Understand, Read all Languages],
Mystic Awareness: Senses 4 [Accurate, Acute Awareness (Magic)],
Mind Shield: Immunity 5 [Mind Reading; Limited to maintaining assumed identities],
Ensorcelled Souls: Summon 7 [Active, Multiple Minions 2 (4 minions), Controlled, Horde; Sacrifice],
Visage of the Conquered: Morph 3 [(Humanoids - Forms and Personas of those she has killed)]
Dark Magic: (35 points)
Soulfire: Damage 8 [Ranged, Alternate Resistance (Will); Precise, Variable Descriptor (Different Visual Effects)]
Alt: Mindfire: Damage 8 [Resisted by Will, Ranged; Precise, Variable Descriptor (Different Visual Effects)]
Alt: Ghost Hands: Move Object 10 [Subtle, Precise]
Alt: Light Control: Environment 10 [Precise]
Alt: Mystic Shield: Create 10 [Continuous; Proportional]
Alt: Passage Home: Movement 1 [Dimensional Travel (Pocket Realm/ HQ)]
Alt: Invisibility: Concealment 10 [Passive, Resistable; Precise]
Alt: Mystic Passage: Teleport 4 [500 ft/ 16 miles; Extended, Easy, Portal]
Alt: Apparition: Insubstantial 4 [Incorporeal; Linked to Immunity (Suffocation)]
Alt: Vampiric Healing: Healing 10 [Energizing; Limited - Source (Must draw energy from the living, Self only), Grab-Based; Linked to Damage 10 (Resisted by Will), Persistent, Stabilize ]

Equipment
Weapons
Katana: Damage 3 [Strength Based, Slashing; Dangerous (Improved Crit 19-20)]
Alt: Garrote: Enhanced Advantages 2 [No Damage, Chokehold]
Alt: Knife: Damage 1 [Piercing; Improved Crist (19-20)]
Alt: Sash Whip: Damage 1 [Diasrming, Grabbing, Reach]
Headquarters: Feature 7 [Toughness 6, Isolated, Laboratory, Power System, Personnel, Library, Sealed, Workshop]

Rituals/ Spellbook
Decoys: Concealment 4 [All Visual Senses - Design = 16 hours, Casting = 40 minutes; Limited to Decoy Images],
Pretty Boys: Summon 7 [Design = 32 hours, Casting = 80 minutes Design Check = 18; Multiple Minions, Controlled, ; Limited to Available Subjects; Sacrifice],
Ensorcel and Empower: Summon 7 [Design = 32 hours, Casting = 80 minutes Design Check = 18; Limited to Available Subjects; Sacrifice],
Alter Appearance: Morph 2 [Design Time 48 hrs, casting 120 minutes, Check DC 22; Humanoids; Attack]

Advantages
Hide in Plain Sight,
Ritualist,
Improved Initiative 2,
Defensive Roll 4,
Takedown 1,
Instant Up,
Contacts,
Connected,
Well-Informed,
Close Attack 1,
Equipment 3,
Benefit 2 [Wealthy],
Benefit 3 [Established Identities],
Artificer

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+5),
Athletics 4 (+7),
Deception 8 (+9),
Expertise: Arcane Lore/ Magic 11 (+13),
Expertise: Mythology 3 (+5),
Expertise: Biology 8 (+10),
Insight 5 (+8), I
ntimidation 6 (+7),
Perception 6 (+9),
Persuasion (+1),
Ranged Combat: Magic Array 1 (+6),
Sleight of Hand 1 (+6),
Stealth 3 (+4), Treatment 4 (+6)

Offense
Initiative +9
Dark Magic Array +6, Damage 8
Katana +7, Damage 6
Unarmed +7, Damage 3

Defense
Dodge 7,
Parry 7
Toughness 7 (Def Roll 4),
Fortitude 5
Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 48 + Powers 129 + Advantages 23 + Skills 32 + Defenses 15 = Total 247

Complications
Outworlder - Whatever pretense she currently uses, Ming Tsung's ultimate goal is to enable Shao Khan to gain control of the Earth Realm.
Honor - Personal criminal code, bound by the rules of the Tournament
Dependence - She must feed on lifeforce or weaken

Design Notes
:arrow: Yes, the power that Kano is working with to obtain Kyber Crystals.
:arrow: An unlimited point build, I did not actually "bother" to point adjust for House Rules from the Merge.
:arrow: Not exactly a Rule 63 Shang Tsung, more his daughter from an alternate reality Outworld
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I really need to add some male characters. :|
Davies

Post by Davies »

Bladewind wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 3:28 am I really need to add some male characters. :|
I frequently find myself worrying about the same thing. Want some advice on the subject?
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Sure!

I’m not a actually worried though. I just have a bunch of female characters at the moment.
There are an equal number of guys coming up, in fact the next three builds I am working on are male.
Last edited by Bladewind on Fri May 04, 2018 11:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Bladewind wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:07 am Sure!

I’m not a actually worried though.
Well, good, because the advice is "don't let it bother you, you'll make the characters you want to tell stories about, focus on making interesting characters of any and all genders".
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

8-)

Figured you were gonna say something along those lines. And it makes sense.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Lawsuit
PL14/ 275 PP

Abilities
Strength 15,
Stamina 16,
Agility 2,
Dexterity 1,
Fighting 10,
Intellect 4,
Awareness 4,
Presence 3

Powers(41 points)
Cybertronian Life Form:
Alt Form: Morph 1 [One Alt Mode, can reimage with Extra Effort; Move Action; Metamorph],
Mechanoid Lifeform: Feature 1
, Size: Growth 13,
Loudspeaker,: Feature 1, Search Lights: Environment 4 [Cone Area]

Weapons: (43 points)
Missile Launchers: Damage 13 [Ranged, Burst Area]
Alt: Energon Blade: Damage 2 [Strength Based; Penetrating 12; Dangerous 2 (Improved Critical 18-20), Breaking (Weapon Break), Indesutrctible]
Alt: Blaster: Damage 17
Alt: Blaster Pistols: Damage 12 [Ranged, Multiattack; Split 2]
Alt: Homing Missile: Damage 16 [Ranged; Homing 2, Linked to Senses 1 (Infravision)]
City Commander: (21 points)
Armored Form: Feature 1
Alt: Car Transport/ Robot Form: Summon 18 [Heroic; Vanishes while Components Active]
Bracing: Immunity 10 [(Being moved); Sustained],
Unstoppable: Burrow 5 [Penetrating]
Combat Computer: (29 points)
Analyze Style: Affliction 14 [Resisted and Overcome by Will; Vulnerable, Defenseless; Perception Ranged, ; Limited Degree, Conditions Limited to Your Attacks; Insidious, Subtle], Combat Enhancement: Enhanced Trait 13 [(See Advantages)]

Equipment
Senses
Commlink: Communication 2 [Audio and Visual, 5 mile radius, teammates and command only.], Sensory Array: Senses 11 [Extended 2, Low-Light Vision, Ultravision; Analytical Vision; Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Ultra-Hearing, Radio Hearing, Time Sense, Tracking; Rapid Vision 3]

Advantages
Connected,
Well-Informed,
Favored Environment [Urban], Accurate Attack, Improved Critical 2 [Blasters (18-20)], Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Set-Up 1, Teamwork, Benefit 2 [City Commander], Improved Aim, Leadership, Equipment 5 [Senses], Ranged Attack 5, Close Attack 1, Diehard, Assessment, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Hold, Improvised Weapon 2, Inspire 5, Quick Draw, Weapon Break

Skills
Athletics 7 (+22),
Deception (+3),
Expertise: Streetwise 6 (+10),
Expertise: Current Events 4 (+8),
Expertise: Police Procedure 6 (+10),
Insight 8 (+12),
Intimidation 13 (+22),
Investigation 10 (+14),
Perception 6 (+10),
Persuasion (+3),
Stealth (+2),
Technology 5 (+9),
Vehicles 4 (+5)

Offense
Initiative +10
Energon Blade +11, Damage 17
Unarmed +11, Damage 15
Blaster +12, Damage 16
Blaster Pistols +12, Damage 12
Missile Launchers +12, Damage 13
Homing Missile +12, Damage 16

Defense
Dodge 11,
Parry 12
Toughness 16 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 16,
Will 12

Power Points
Abilities 58 + Powers 134 + Advantages 29 + Skills 23 + Defenses 31 = Total 275

Complications
:arrow: Responsibility: Lawsuit is the head of police/ security for Megaloplex and ostensibly the commander of all Autobots stationed there.
:arrow: Size - As a 28 foot robot (without the "armor") or a car transport, many locations in the city proper are out of reach for him, and even those that he can access can be easily damaged if he's not careful.

Design Notes
:arrow: Although another NPC where point total doesn't matter, for this is done with 1 Advantage/ Presence rank and Skills at 3:1
:arrow: The armored, or "City Commander" form is essentially a variation on Ultra Magnus. He has 18 Ranks of Summon to represent removing the armor and becoming the smaller bot. The smaller bot can transform, the trailer's only alternate mode is the armor.
:arrow: Note that it takes two standard actions to dawn the armor and revert to smaller robot mode as the Summon does not have the Heroic extra. 18 Ranks represents the point total of the components divided by 15.
:arrow: Although mostly designed as a battlesuit, I do not have the removable flaw on the armor. The flaw of "Subject Disappears while Components Active" is akin to that in terms of points savings. And since Trailer and Robot must be together to reform, I figured removable would be redundant and metagamey.
:arrow: The Armour is listed as zero cost because I simply added the points for it throughout the build, it's a placeholder for visual/ conceptual purposes.
:arrow: Despite the sheer power at his disposal in this form, remember that Lawsuit has yet to take robot form outside of Autobot City, much less don his City Commander armor.

Lawsuit - "Non-Armored" form
PL11/ 180 PP

Abilities
Strength 11,
Stamina 12,
Agility 2,
Dexterity 1,
Fighting 10,
Intellect 4,
Awareness 4,
Presence 3

Powers(31 points)
Cybertronian Life Form:
Alt Form: Morph 1 [One Alt Mode, can reimage with Extra Effort; Move Action; Metamorph], Mechanoid Lifeform: Feature 1, Size: Growth 9, Super Strength: Power-Lifting 7
Weapons: (30 points)
Blaster: Damage 14
Alt: Energon Blade: Damage 1 [Strength Based; Penetrating 12; Dangerous 2 (Improved Critical 18-20), Breaking (Weapon Break), Indestructible]
Alt: Blaster Pistols: Damage 9 [Ranged, Multiattack; Split 2]

Equipment
Senses
Commlink: Communication 2 [Audio and Visual, 5 mile radius, teammates and command only.], Sensory Array: Senses 11 [Extended 2, Low-Light Vision, Ultravision; Analytical Vision; Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Ultra-Hearing, Radio Hearing, Time Sense, Tracking; Rapid Vision 3]

Advantages
Leadership,
Connected,
Well-Informed,
Favored Environment [Urban],
Accurate Attack,
Improved Critical 2 [Blasters (18-20)],
Power Attack,
Ranged Attack 6,
Set-Up 1,
Teamwork, Benefit 2 [City Commander],
Improved Aim,
Equipment 5 [Senses],
Ranged Attack 1

Skills
Athletics 2 (+13),
Deception (+3),
Expertise: Streetwise 6 (+10),
Expertise: Current Events 4 (+8),
Expertise: Police Procedure 6 (+10),
Insight 8 (+12),
Intimidation 4 (+11),
Investigation 6 (+10),
Perception 6 (+10),
Persuasion (+3),
Stealth (+2),
Technology 5 (+9),
Vehicles 4 (+5)

Offense
Initiative +2
Energon Blade +10, Damage 12
Unarmed +10, Damage 11
Blaster +8, Damage 14
Blaster Pistols +8, Damage 9

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10
Toughness 12 (Def Roll 0), Fortitude 12, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 58 + Powers 61 + Advantages 22 + Skills 17 + Defenses 22 = Total 180

Complications
:arrow: Responsibility: Lawsuit is the head of police/ security for Megaloplex and ostensibly the commander of all Autobots stationed there.
:arrow: Size - As a 28 foot robot (without the "armor") or a car transport, many locations in the city proper are out of reach for him, and even those that he can access can be easily damaged if he's not careful.

Design Notes
:arrow: For the same reason that the artists designed the inner and outer form on this character - it's an OC - I did as well.
:arrow: I would probably benchmark Optimus Prime as just as powerful as the armored form, even if he's the same size as Lawsuit's primary (inner) robot.
:arrow: For the record this is done with 1 Advantage/ Presence rank and Skills at 3:1
:arrow: The Mechanoid Lifeform feature is an idea I picked up off the old boards. Essentially it covers the fact that while technically not a construct, there are simply a number of concerns that affect organic life that do not affect mechanoid life - breathing, Earth born diseases and the like. On the flip side, there are a number of concerns that affect a mechanoid that do not affect a humanoid. The GM is encouraged to play these up when possible.
:arrow: His vehicle form would likely have Features such as Storage (the cab for driver and a few passengers), as well as speed, sure footed and the like. Since he has Mechamorph, I'd likely "sacrifice" some (much) of his combat prowess as he can't really fight in vehicle form.
:arrow: My latest take on Cybertronian Size - been using it for awhile - is to take determine the Mass Rank of the vehicle form. That's the number of Growth Ranks that are purchased. Divide that by 4 for size rank. Flub height as desired in the design process but remain consistent afterwards. (i.e not 28 feet today and 14 tomorrow because it's story-convenient.) I also try to avoid truly insane changes in height and mass - for instance, I'd have no problem with Starscream "compacting" down to a 30 or so foot range, but Soundwave being a 20 foot robot and a tape deck are out for me.
:arrow: Not sure what visual I want for weapons - arms morphing into cannons and blades, or the G1 version where they held their weapons in their hands for the most part. Cost wise, I went with the latter.

Lawsuit - Car Transport/ Trailer
90 PP

Strength 9,
Stamina 4,
Agility 0,
Dexterity 0,
Fighting 0,
Intellect -5,
Awareness 0,
Presence -5

Powers
Construct: (68 points)
Mechanoid Lifeform: Feature 1,
Size: Growth 9,
Fort Immune: Immunity 30,
Will Immune: Immunity 30,
Absent Stamina: Enhanced Stamina -5,
Absent Presence: Enhanced Presence -5,
Absent Intelligence: Enhanced Intellect -5,
Armour Plating: Protection 5 [Feature - 5 ranks included to bring score to 0 from Absent Stamina],
Carrying Capacity: Power-Lifting 3,
Missile Launcher: Damage 11 [Ranged, Penetrating, Burst Area ]
Stable (Sure Footed): Movement 1

Skills
Athletics (+9),
Ranged Combat: Missiles 9 (+9), Stealth (+0)

Offense
Initiative +0
Missile Launchers +9, Damage 11

Defense
Dodge 0, Parry 11
Toughness 9 (Def Roll 0), Fortitude 4, Will 0

Power Points
Abilities 0 + Powers 68 + Advantages 0 + Skills 3 + Defenses 19 = Total 90

Design Notes
:arrow: I made the trailer a separate character for no particular reason really.
:arrow: Begs the question that if Presence nets a free advantage per rank, does that mean that negative Presence would only grant five points back instead of ten? In the above build I left it at ten returned points as this isn't really a full character.

Overall Notes
:arrow: Lawsuit, other than a rather neat concept by F-for-Feasant-Design over on DeviantArt, is a character in my Merge City of San Fransokyo. He is Chief of Police and City Commander of the Autobot Borough of Megaloplex.
:arrow: The Autobots stationed in Megaloplex and protecting San Fransokyo do not normally transform in the human portions of the city although they do patrol and interact. The only bots that transform with any frequency are the ones who's robot modes are in the ten to twelve feet range (like Dispatch and Torque when the latter is in town).
:arrow: A "little known fact" regarding [my version of] San Fransokyo and the primary reason that a relatively large number of Autobots (and specifically Autobot combiners) are stationed there is that there is a rift in the Pacific about ten kilometers off the shore where suspected Kaiju activity is imminent. The Autobots have volunteered to act as defense for the city, and the country as a whole.
Last edited by Bladewind on Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.