Heroes Unlimited: OOC thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: Heroes Unlimited: OOC thread

Post by kenseido »

I have been trying to noodle out some outer space encounter with someone from Colin's past but I haven't really come up with anything worth posting so far.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

I've got nothing for Hornet unfortunately.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Not a big worry if you don't just a chance to get a pre adventure HP available to everyone should they choose to avail themselves, could be anything from daring do to kittens in trees to a date with a loved one that sort of thing. just gives you a chance to stretch your writing legs and if you like egt to know more of the world and its villains and heroes that's ort of thing. :D
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Btw Cat,everything cool with Vigilante(and what's the ic thread titled again,i occasionally get lost in here)?
Also,what's the worst neighborhood in Bay City off the top of your heads(I'm basically looking to set-up in Suicide Slum....;) )?
Oh,am i'll take your hp bait(whenever you set me up and allow me to post :) )
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Skills are off still

Acrobatics 6(+12) Athletics 6(+9) Deception 6(+10) Expertise:Teacher 4(+8)-Streetwise 4(+8)-Police 4(+8) Insight 6(+10) Intimidation 8(+12) Investigation 8(+12) Perception 6(+10) Stealth 8(+14) Technology 2(+6) Persuasion 3(+7) these = 24pp for 72 skill points so you have a free skill point floating around

Ranged Combat:Thrown 8(+14), Close Combat:unarmed 2(+14) these two =5pp for 10 skill points

that's a total of 29pp spent

Advantages: 21pp
Defensive Roll 3,Equipment 8,Uncanny Dodge ,Contacts ,Hide In Plain Sight ,All-Out Attack ,Defensive Attack ,Improved Critical(Unarmed) ,Power Attack ,Takedown 2, Redirect, Agile Feint, Startle, Interpose ,Assessment ,Well-Informed ,Diehard

those come to 27pp

Attributes and combat are fine and add up with those corrections you hit the right spot at 155

Totals: Abilities 84+Powers 0+Advantages 27 +Skills 29 +Defenses 15=155pp

heres the main link

As to th roughest neighborhood so to speak have to keep in mind that the rebuilding pof the bay area San jose San fran Oakland and most ciites between theose 3 into Bay City covered a lot of ground and mad eit all intoa pretty shining metropolis so to speak Oakland especially got a major clean up.

The closest to a real rough spot would be the Oakland shipping and waterfront, and a couple of areas of east San jose out near the old fairgrounds where a lot of manufacturing is. A few areas of Downtown San Jose and San Fran proper still see spurts of Gang violence but those are usualy exceptions not the rule.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Thanks cat.I'll probably have his "stomping grounds" be around Oakland then.....
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Any space villains been around for a decade or two that Photon could have encountered?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

kenseido wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 10:44 pm Any space villains been around for a decade or two that Photon could have encountered?
For HU,i think the closest on Earth would be the Dark Tribunal,i'm not sure 'bout off-world though....
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

MacynSnow wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:46 pm
kenseido wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 10:44 pm Any space villains been around for a decade or two that Photon could have encountered?
For HU,i think the closest on Earth would be the Dark Tribunal,i'm not sure 'bout off-world though....
Agreed, though I'm pretty sure catsi is using some of Champions setting so there's all that as well.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Yeah I'm using a mix of champions HU palladium, Freedom City and a couple other sources

There the Dreadknights basically Fallen Cosmo Knights of which thankfully there are only 4 Ebony maw, Proxima Midnight, Corvus Glaive, and Cull Obsidian no one knows who they answer to if anyone

Abbadon and Orkus are out there hes got a bunch of nasty's working for him including Mongul one of his lesser major domos.

Sinestro is out there a fallen Green Lantern pursuing his own course of action

Firewing is out there as well, he hasn't decided to come to earth in a bit but that could change

and a guy calling himself Supernova basically the human torch in space he considers himself a bit of a rival to Firewing... Ariax generally laughs that off one of the few times he actually allows himself to laugh.

And that's just the short list of baddies, Gravitars out there as well though shes more likely to be shopping on fifth avenue as flying through space. :D

Catsi stories
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

catsi563 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:05 pm There the Dreadknights basically Fallen Cosmo Knights of which thankfully there are only 4 Ebony maw, Proxima Midnight, Corvus Glaive, and Cull Obsidian no one knows who they answer to if anyone

Nice.....
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Not sure any of them fit as "an old enemy of Collin's"
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

who says it has to be an enemy?

Lor imperial guard has a quite a few bruisers on Collins level, and the TMC has a couple super powered elites as well. good rival material

Also on the bad guys side the Atorian Empire has a few ladies that make supergirl look like a girlscout :D

The Star Khan has an army of WH40k style Orks and a few elites as well.

theres an entire universes worth of fights out there for Colin :D

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I've been meaning to ask catsi,but when would be a good time for me to post something?
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

ive got something coming just need to get the group going on the investigation into Shockwave and the theft Vig will be joining them the hard way ;)

Catsi stories