Going Rogue OOC thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

Re: Going Rogue OOC thread

Post by MacynSnow »

Hey,catsei,can i make an Expertise(Criminal) roll to know anything about Morpheus(without resorting to Contacts later)?
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

MacynSnow wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:37 pm Hey,catsei,can i make an Expertise(Criminal) roll to know anything about Morpheus(without resorting to Contacts later)?
You could but Im gonna say dont worry about it.

All anyone knows about Morpheus is a few whispered rumors regarding some player who appeared on the scene a few years back. Beyond that nothing much is know whihc is odd in and of itself because usually theres rumors galore, this guys been VERY careful to avoid even those.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Quick explanation:The Trucker chains are just for story flavoring,as that's how i explain his Power Attack and Ultimate Effort(Toughness) advantages.
I might add them as equipment after i get some points,though i'm not sure.....
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

just an FYI Dusk may not know the specifcs of the name of the martial art but shes faced boxers before in her days in the arena undercover. She beat the living snot out of them because they generaly fought one dimensionally against her while she was perfectly willing to break legs and feet in pursuit of victory.

Daniel is clearly more skilled then any prior boxer shes faced before
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

catsi563 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 1:55 am just an FYI Dusk may not know the specifcs of the name of the martial art but shes faced boxers before in her days in the arena undercover. She beat the living snot out of them because they generaly fought one dimensionally against her while she was perfectly willing to break legs and feet in pursuit of victory.

Daniel is clearly more skilled then any prior boxer shes faced before
That lessen's the blow to my pride somewhat,at least.... :P
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Yeah no don't take anything from Dusk too personally. She's a military woman in a non-military group trying to get a feel for the new guy.

On another note, M&M's re-rolls always add 10 to your dice if they're 10 or lower so the body-blow will hit.

Though on that note two things; is this actually going for Dusk's body? If so what's the DC of the toughness roll? I'd probably not be asking but the links to your rolls don't seem to work.

Just in case, toughness result of 17
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nintendogeek01 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:14 am Yeah no don't take anything from Dusk too personally. She's a military woman in a non-military group trying to get a feel for the new guy.

On another note, M&M's re-rolls always add 10 to your dice if they're 10 or lower so the body-blow will hit.

Though on that note two things; is this actually going for Dusk's body? If so what's the DC of the toughness roll? I'd probably not be asking but the links to your rolls don't seem to work.

Just in case, toughness result of 17
Let's see....Base 10+12=22 DC 22 save(27 if i use Power Attack,which i didn't that time)

Daniel knows you have that Shield,so he hopes the haymaker attempt pulled it out of alignment.Since he connected,he hopes to drive the wind out of you which would normally let him either KO you with a downward hammer blow or punt kick you in the face....
Last edited by MacynSnow on Sun May 06, 2018 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

The base for toughness saves is 15 actually. So wait how is your attack check +12 then?

Also was that actually going for Dusk's body in lieu of the shield?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nintendogeek01 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:30 am The base for toughness saves is 15 actually.

So a 17 would be dazed & bruised. But again, is he actually aiming for Dusk's body?
Yep,hoping to knock the wind out of you..._
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nintendogeek01 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:30 am The base for toughness saves is 15 actually. So wait how is your attack check +12 then?

Also was that actually going for Dusk's body in lieu of the shield?
Strength is 12 &He'd hoped the shield was out of alignment due to missed haymaker
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Strength has no effect on your attack rating, just the damage rating. Fighting, the close combat skill, and close attack, are what determine your to-hit rating.

In your case your attack check modifier would be +8, for a damage of 12.

Doesn't change the results any in this particular case but power level limits are important.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nintendogeek01 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:36 am Strength has no effect on your attack rating, just the damage rating. Fighting, the close combat skill, and close attack, are what determine your to-hit rating.

In your case your attack check modifier would be +8, for a damage of 12.

Doesn't change the results any in this particular case but power level limits are important.
I honestly forgot to put it on my paper PC sheet(i always keep 2 copies of any PC i make due to force of habit).... :oops:
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

By the way give me insight checks between you two DC 15

Catsi stories
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

catsi563 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:45 am By the way give me insight checks between you two DC 15
Not happening.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

http://roll.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup. ... lid=204080: 1D20+2=13 base insight
pertty close for a basic check and we both got the same number! ;)