J-Mart OG: Closed for a new location!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Goldar

Re: J-Mart: LADIES WEEK! Warrior Woman, Sin, Power Princess, Lady Shiva, Lady Vic

Post by Goldar »

catsi563 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:13 pm
Ken wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:19 pm
Batgirl III wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:47 pm Hath thy family no left-legs, Thorpe?

Me thinks something sinister is afoot...

Well played.
We will bend the knee to the pun :lol:
Now hop to it! :lol:
Goldar

Re: J-Mart: LADIES WEEK! Warrior Woman, Sin, Power Princess, Lady Shiva, Lady Vic

Post by Goldar »

Goldar wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:40 pm
catsi563 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:13 pm
Ken wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:19 pm

Well played.
We will bend the knee to the pun :lol:
Now hop to it! :lol:
Putting the best foot forward, there won't be a leg to stand on! :lol:
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

We should stop with these puns, before J-Mart Security gives us the boot!
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I`d add one, but I'm really afraid of putting my foot in it.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

LOL. Thanks for all the well wishes and the puns. 8-)

Surgery went well. He’ll be laid up for a while but he’s in good spirits and it looks like it was a regular break, not anything related to the myeloma he’s fighting so that’s a bonus. I’ll be cruising back and forth as needed so that will cut into my hobby time for a while but I should be back to posting this weekend.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

yeah thorp might come back and put his foot down, for the sole purpose of bringing us to heel, until then were footloose and fancy free :lol:
Surgery went well. He’ll be laid up for a while but he’s in good spirits and it looks like it was a regular break, not anything related to the myeloma he’s fighting so that’s a bonus. I’ll be cruising back and forth as needed so that will cut into my hobby time for a while but I should be back to posting this weekend.
So laid up with his leg up youll be waiting on him hand and foot? :lol:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I really stepped in it this time, creating this marathon of puns. I better beat feet before Thorp gets back!
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Yes, let us not get cold feet!

Feet, don't let me down!

(Rolls dice): Daddy needs a new pair of shoes!

OK, now I will put a sock in it!

I don't want to put my foot in my mouth!
Ares
Site Admin

Re: J-Mart: The Red Skull, Crossbones, Arnim Zola, Baron Blitzkrieg

Post by Ares »

Ken wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:18 pm
Skaramine wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:29 am The DC Heroes sourcebook World at War was great with Blitzkrieg writing All Star Squadron "opinions" on heroes.

"Nazi File:Mister America's greatest ability is unmatched mastery of the whip. "

"Blitzkrieg: And a squirrel's greatest ability is its unmatched mastery of finding nuts!"

:lol:
I remember that. The snark displayed by the writer was classic.
I actually got my hands on this book, and there's a minor correction: rather than the Baron, the guy mocking the American heroes is Captain Nazi. Though I will say the commentary is hilarious and I would gladly make this level of snark canon to either the Baron or Capt. Nazi.

Speaking of Blitzkrieg, they decided to essentially stat him up as Action Comics #1 Superman with heat vision and flight rather than leaping, but with a Power Reserve that he could use to boost either his strength or heat vision to a respectable 18 intensity. That actually seems a pretty good route to go (the Baron being a mid-level flying brick who can augment one power to Top Tier level), and I could see the Baron being updated with a higher Power Reserve that he could apply to his other abilities as well, along with more durable armor.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:29 pm Alas, J-Mart customers, LADIES' WEEK will be cut short. My father, the Odinthorpe, fell from his throne and broke his leg. Thus, I must traverse the Rainbow Bridge to Asgard Missouri to give aid.

If you're keeping track, that's my dad breaking his right leg in April just as my wife starts to be able to put weight on her right leg that she broke in January. And that's after the youngest Thorpocalypse sprained his right knee at a trampoline park in December. So needless to say, the Thorpe family is keeping the orthopedic medical profession in the midwest in business. :)

And if you need pushed in a wheelchair or someone to help you with lower leg PT, I'm your man! ;)

"Dear Mr. Thorp.

Let us get off on the right foot. It is my understanding that you posses a unique X-Gene that grants you unparalleled ability to push wheelchairs effectively. This is of great interest to my school, and myself personally. I also understand that you possess a great working knowledge of the various members of the mutant and superhuman community of our world, which I think is a step in the right direction for mutant/human co-existence. We all need to be able to walk in another person's shoes, and I think your experiences could be invaluable there. You are therefore invited to join us at the Xavier Institute for Gifted Students, and even should you decline, I have the utmost faith that you will go far in this world. Now get out there and break a leg!

Sincerely,
Professor Charles Xavier"
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Man, the Chief is gonna be jealous.
Skaramine

Post by Skaramine »

Thanks for the update Ares!

Glad that Allfather Odinthorp is well!
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Batgirl III wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:42 am Man, the Chief is gonna be jealous.
The Chief always is.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Thorpocalypse

330 - Lady Bullseye

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We're back to drop a couple more builds to our interrupted LADIES' WEEK! We've got one more LADY to add to our merchandise on Aisle 2!

What? Does my disguise not give you a clue? Oh, but then it wouldn't to a blind man, would it? - Lady Bullseye

LADY BULLSEYE
PL9

OPL: 9; SPL: 4; DPL: 9; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 5-6
Weight: 119
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Skin: Olive
Race: Human
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: New York, NY, USA
Team Affiliations: The Kingpin's Mob; The Hand

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 6, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+13), Athletics 9 (+11), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+14), Deception 9 (+10), Expertise [Lawyer] 4 (+7), Expertise [Streetwise] 4 (+7), Insight 6 (+10) [Assessment], Intimidation 8 (+9), Investigation 2 (+5), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion (+1), Sleight of Hand 2 (+8), Stealth 8 (+14) [Accelerated Stealth, Hide in Plain Sight]

ADVANTAGES: Accelerated Stealth*, All-Out Attack, Assessment, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (2), Evasion (1), Favored Foe (Costumed Adventurers), Grabbing Finesse, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical (1) (Thrown Items), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Japanese), Move-by Action, Power Attack (4) (Long Blades, Shuriken, War Fan, Unarmed), Precise Attack (2) (Ranged, Cover; Ranged, Concealment), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (7), Seize Initiative, Takedown (1), Throwing Mastery (3), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Hard to Read: Concealment 1 (Scent), Immunity 1 (Auditory Detection, Flaw: Limited to pulse/heartbeat); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Shuriken: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 1; 3 pts
Arsenal: (7 pts)
War Fan: Slashing [Open]/Piercing [Closed] Strength-Based Damage 2, Concealable, Defensive, Split; 5 pts
Katana: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous; 1 pt
Twin Knives: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous, Split; 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +13 [Katana +5, Critical 19-20; Twin War Fans +4; Twin Knives +4, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +14 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +13 [Shuriken +3, Critical 19-20, Multiattack; Thrown Items +3, Critical 19-20]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +5 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: To serve The Hand, or whoever her current employer is.
Rivalry: Daredevil, Elektra.
Secret: She keeps her true motivations to herself.

Abilities 76 + Skills 33 (66 ranks) + Advantages 36 + Powers 2 + Defenses 13 = 159 / 159

Build Comments: Lady Bullseye has lots of potential, but they haven’t really unleashed it all yet. She's shown to be able to hang with DD or Kingpin, and kill characters like White Tiger (Angela) and Black Tarantula, but she always seems to lose to DD or other bigger name characters when it counts so I kept her at PL9. I might bump her up if I actually test her and she doesn't do well, but I'm fine with where she is for now.

Secret Origins: Not too much is known about Lady Bullseye or her true identity. As a teenage girl, she was one of many female sex slaves of the Yakuza in Tokyo being used, tortured and broken. While being held captive in a cell with other female slaves, she witnessed the assassin known as Bullseye at work. He infiltrated a Yakuza warehouse where he systematically slaughtered numbers of soldiers. When she saw him in action, she had never seen anything so beautiful. She remembers the violence brought upon by Bullseye so vividly and remembers the joy she beheld from her cage while these men were getting killed. She was able to grab a set of keys from a dead soldier and escape from her cell. A Yakuza soldier ordered her back into her cage but she just slashed his neck with the key and watched him die. She vowed from that day on, no man would ever touch her again without permission.

The Story so Far: Years later she was called upon by Lord Hirochi of the Hand and she chose the name of Lady Bullseye for reasons of her own. The Hand was at war with itself and Lord Hirochi did not want all he has plan and achieved to fall into ancient feuds. He hired Lady Bullseye as an outsider to help end this conflict within the group.

Lady Bullseye was employed by the Hand and followed the command of Lord Hirochi. Lady Bullseye and the Hand were targeting several of New York's skilled fighters including Carlos LaMuerto aka the Black Tarantula and Danny Rand, the Immortal Iron Fist. Lady Bullseye had observed these two fighters from a distance while they were attacked by the Hand ninjas. These skilled fighters are being "tested" by the Hand for reasons unknown at the time. Carlos and an old enemy of the Hand named Master Izo are led to an area by some ninjas. They discover more pictures on a wall that reveal more targets. There is a picture of Wolverine crossed out by a red X and other fighters like Shang Chi are revealed.

Lord Hirochi wants Matt Murdock to be kept away from their business before they can risk exposure. Lady Bullseye took matters into her own hands by framing Daredevil for murder after killing two street thugs and forcing a witness to tell the police and media that Daredevil was the killer. She told Lord Hirochi that Matt Murdock was too close to those Hirochi wanted tested and had to be distracted. She then promised on her life that she would make certain that Murdock is prepared for the gift Hirochi and the Hand will bring him. Daredevil would meet Lady Bullseye on a stormy night on a building rooftop. After a brief skirmish, she revealed to Daredevil that she and the Hand are targeting Murdock's family and friends. Daredevil is suddenly surrounded by numerous ninjas and is attacked. Master Izo would soon arrive and help Daredevil take out the ninjas. Lady Bullseye escaped to take care of another issue. A friend of Matt Murdock named Angela Del Toro aka the White Tiger would be one of Lady Bullseye's latest victims. She came home after a long night and comes across Lady Bullseye and some ninjas. Lady Bullseye stabs White Tiger through the chest, apparently killing her.

It was later revealed that the Hand turned White Tiger into one of their 'puppets' and soon they went after Black Tarantula who also was turned after being killed. Eventually Daredevil faced and battled Lady Bullseye who revealed that all of this was just a trial, test to have Daredevil as the new Supreme Leader of the Hand.

Days later after being attacked by the Hand, Wilson Fisk aka. The Kingpin of Crime returned to New York City to end their feud and for a short period of time he even teamed up with Daredevil. Turned out that Lady Bullseye was hired by the Owl who was rescued from prison and now worked for the Kingpin. After a brutal fight with Daredevil-Owl-Lady Bullseye and the Kingpin of Crime, Kingpin and Lady Bullseye fled from the scene.

Lady Bullseye is still working for Wilson Fisk as his right hand.

Characterization: Lady Bullseye is a calculating and remorseless killer.

Friends and Foes: She and Daredevil have established a strong rivalry. She also has a great, although unknown to him, affection for Bullseye for setting her on her life’s path.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Starhawk: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We're going to wrap up this LADIES' WEEK with this item for our Cosmic Thorpocaverse line!

I am the one who knows. - Starhawk

STARHAWK
PL15

OPL: 15; SPL: 10; DPL: 14; FWPL: 10; HP: 1
Height: 5-10 (Aleta)/6-4 (Stakar)
Weight: 450
Eyes: White
Hair: Red
Skin: Olive
Race: Arcturan
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: Arcturus IV
Team Affiliations: Guardians of the Galaxy (Future)

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8 [16], STAMINA 8, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics (+8/+16), Close Combat [Unarmed] 6 (+12), Deception (+4), Expertise [Archeology] 4 (+7), Expertise [Cosmic History] 17 (+20), Insight 8 (+13), Intimidation 3 (+7), Perception (+5), Persuasion (+4), Ranged Combat [Cosmic Energy Control] 9 (+12), Stealth (+5), Technology 7 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Diehard, Tracking, Trance

POWERS:
One who Knows: Senses 8 (Precognition, Postcognition, Flaw: Unreliable); 4 pts
Starhawk Physiology: Senses 18 (Normal Vision [Extended 3], Normal Hearing [Extended 3], Darkvision, Infravision, Detect Energy [Ranged, Extended 3, Radius, Acute, Analytical, Tracking]), Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support); 29 pts
Star Traveler: Flight 13 (16,000 mph/30 mpr), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3 [Any star system]); 34 pts
Matter Manipulation: 19 pt Array; 20 pts
Photonic Force Field: Protection 8 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious Toughness 11 (Flaw: Sustained); 19 pts
Intangibility: Insubstantial 4 (Incorporeal); 1 pt

Photonic Energy Control: 42 pt Array; 46 pts
Photonic Burst: Burst Area Photonic Energy Damage 14 (Extra: Burst Area x2 [60 ft radius]); 42 pts
Photonic Objects: Create 18; 1 pt
Photonic Blast: Ranged Photonic Energy Damage 18; 1 pt
Photonic Boost: Enhanced Strength 8 (Flaw: Sustained); 1 pt
Blinded by the Light: Burst Area Affliction 14 (Light; Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Vision Impaired, 2nd: Vision Disabled, 3rd: Vision Debilitated, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Duration [Concentration]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +8; Photonic Boost Unarmed +16]
Ranged Attack +3
Light Control +12 [Photonic Blast +18; Photonic Constructs +18]
Special Attack [Photonic Burst +14, Burst Area; Blinded by the Light Affliction +14, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8 (+16 with Force Field, +6 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +10, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Star Sapphire Corps, Nova, Guardians of the Galaxy.
Mental Instability: The constant inner struggle between Stakar and Aleta, the time and dimensional travel and loss of their children have driven Starhawk to the brink of insanity.

Abilities 84 + Skills 27 (54 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 133 + Defenses 20 = 267 / 267

Build Comments: I used to read Guardians of the Galaxy a lot when I was a kid with the original crew and I always liked Starhawk, even though I never really got him, er, her, er The One Who Knows. Complicated backstory, complex character but intriguing nonetheless. However, I always thought that Starhawk would be better as a villain than a hero. So that’s how she is the Thorpacoverse. Aleta’s personality has risen to be the dominant one, surpressing Stakar deep in her psyche and is now out to do what she believes is her destiny; to bring order, HER order, to the universe.

Secret Origins: Stakar, the original Starhawk is half-human and half of the same artificially created race as Adam Warlock. He was born on planet Vesper but was abducted shortly after birth. He was raised on planet Arcturus IV by adoptive parents and learned much later they were not his biological parents.

His adoptive parents were mutants who had left Earth and traveled to the stars. They were eliminated by the Reavers of Arcturus, a military force devoted to the cause of eradicating all mutants. To their surprise Stakar had no obvious mutant traits, appearing baseline human. He was adopted by a Reaver, named Ogord. Stakar was an intellectual and pursued studies in science and archaeology.

He and his adoptive sister Aleta accidentally revived the dormant Hawk God and were transformed by his powers. For a time, they were both trapped in the same body, alternating place with each other as the situation required.

The Story so Far: The two adoptive siblings have had a complex relationship, ranging from intense rivalry and hatred for each other to at times pursuing romantic relationship with each other. When the Hawk-God allowed them to split briefly, they had three children together - Tara, John and Sita. When they joined back together, Starhawk could not ignore his destiny to the stars and created a Earth-like home for his children on an asteroid. At all times, no matter who was in possession of the body, they could contact their children from anywhere.

The children were eventually captured by Ogord and used against Starhawk in retaliation for him not choosing to use his powers for the evil purposes of the Reavers. His mind controlled children siphoned nearly all of his life force, so when it came time to save them he did not have the energy to do so. Starhawk was unable to prevent the children's deaths, something Aleta would blame him for.

Slowly, Stakar began to grow opaque and transparent. He attempted to fuse back together with Aleta, but she refused to let him. She would provide some of her light powers to keep him alive out of sympathy. He was confined on the Guardians of the Galaxy’s ship in a special encasement to prevent him from completely disappearing. Since Stakar began to slip away, the power of the One-Who-Knows began to belong to Aleta.

She believes that in order to save the universe, she must control it, and has begun gathering the forces that she believes will allow her to do it, no matter who she has to destoy along the way.

Characterization: When Stakar is in control of their shared body and power, the Starhawk is a force for good, trying to repair damage to the timeline to ensure a peaceful future of the universe. However, Aleta, due to her torture as a child, her being forced to be part of the Starhawk with Stakar for years which denied her individuality and stunted her emotion, and the fact that she continues to have massive grief and guilt over the death of their children, when Aleta is in control, the Starhawk is a galactic menace. Her psyche is quite fragile and she is prone to wild mood swings and terrible rages. Combine that with her cosmic level powers and you have a true universal threat.

Friends and Foes: Stakar has allied himself with the Guardians of the Galaxy from time to time.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:28 am, edited 3 times in total.